𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬β™₯️-𝐍...

De estheez

Spencer Lahela was your average guy, kind of... When he was young his father made a terrible decision, one th... Mai multe

Cast
Is This Your Card?
Bringing in a magician?
I Wondered When I'd See You Again
Part Of The Team
Hydras Secret Weapon
What Is This? A Prison Break?
New York, New York
Alien Portal?
You Look Good In Leather
A Night To Remember
Captain America: The Winter Solider
Washington DC
Smithsonian
Ears Everywhere
Soviet Made
Bye Bye Bikini's
Practically Twins
Additional Cast
Zolas Algorithm
Dude, Captain America Needs My Help
Falcon
Who The Hell Is Bucky
Who's This Guy?
Captains Orders
Feelings
I'm sorry... Did I step on your moment?
3 in 1
The path of the righteous man. Ezekiel 25:17
Montgomery's Diner
All Good Things Must Come To An End
Avengers Age of Ultron
8 Months
No Welcome Back Party?
The Enhanced
Will Thor Be There?
Revels
Comfort
Together
Get The Girl
The Strongest Metal On Earth
The Mind
Void Of Emotion
Daisy Chain
Evolve
Heartline
Sokovia
Time To Work For A Living
The Aftermath
Home
Intertwine

It's More Than Just A Giant Frisbee

1K 38 4
De estheez

3RD PERSON

Spencer trailed behind Steve as they walked through the scarily quiet lab. For a place with such importance, the lack of people was alarming. Their worry only seemed to grow when laying injured leaning against a wall, was Helen Cho.

"Dr Cho!" Steve rushed over to her, applying pressure to the wound on her shoulder.

"He's uploading himself into the body." Cho sighed out.

"Where?" Spencer asked as he knelt down beside her and also began tending to her wounds.

Steve made a move to get up, however Helen pulled him back by his wrist, "The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark."

"First we have to find it." He looked to Spencer and the two exchanged a look. Steve nodded at Helen and Spencer gave her a sympathetic look while he looked for anything to help aid her for when they left.

Cho shook her head at Spencer and gave him a tired, reassuring smile, "Go."

Steve pulled Spencer to his feet and the two began walking back towards the exit, "Did you guys copy that?"

"We did." Clint replied over the Quinjet comms.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest. That could be him." Natasha informed them as she pressed around with the buttons on a tech pad.

The group fell silent as Clint and Francesca scanned the streets below for anything suspicious. In the distance, Francesca noticed a particular truck. She nudged Clint in the arm with her elbow to get his attention and he followed her line of vision, "There. It's a truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap."

Clint nodded at her in understanding and agreement and helped her give the whereabouts, "On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver."

"Negative! If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron." Steve replied as he and Spencer watched the oncoming traffic below for Ultrons truck.

"I'm beginning to wish we stayed in England." Spencer grumbled. He watched as Steve jumped onto the truck and followed closely behind, groaning when his feet hit the roof, "My ankles!"

"Grow a backbone Spencer." Francesca laughed from where she sat watching above, "Are we doing a switch around?"

"Yeah Francesca's abilities might be a bit more help. No offence, Lahela number two." Clint agreed.

Spencer sighed in relief and nodded with a smile, "Non taken."

"I can swing around and we can trade?" Clint asked.

"We can't risk bringing the Quinjet here. Not only does it put you at risk, but also the traffic." Steve furrowed his brows as he walked around the roof, attempting to draw out Ultron.

"I'll get him." Natasha interrupted, "Just get ready, number two."

Though she couldn't see it, Spencer nodded. When he felt Ultron storming towards the doors at the back of the truck, Spencer ran to get behind Steve. He could only be of use physically, not ability wise. And even then, his strength was no match to the likes of Steve or Ultron, therefore rendering him pretty much useless. Francesca's abilities would be much more help, her power to phase would be great seeing as she could lure him out, dodge him, and take him by surprise, much like she used to back in England.

"Don't hide behind me, Spencer." Steve laughed as he pulled Spencer towards the doors, "Grab ahold of it. He's not coming to us so we'll go to him."

"I hate you, Steven Grant Rogers." Spencer groaned, hesitantly dropping from the roof to grab ahold of the handles on the door.

"No, no, no, no, no. Leave me alone!" They heard Ultron growl from within the truck.

Before they knew it, the doors had been blasted open and they struggled to readjust their grip on the handles to stay on. Steve's door dragged against the floor, whereas Spencer's stayed upright and kept opening and closing.

"Well, he's definitely unhappy! I'm gonna try and keep him that way." Steve shouted over the commotion.

"You think?!" Spencer let out a high pitched squeal when the wind blew the door and it slammed against a car driving beside them, causing the door to shake.

"You're not a match for him, Cap." Clint said as he flew the Quinjet closer to the truck. They would have to perform the switch soon, else Spencer was going to get seriously injured. Steve could definitely hold his own against Ultron, even if it was just for a little while, but Spencer couldn't.

"Thanks Barton." Steve sighed. He sighed once again when he saw Spencer flailing on his door, which was now hanging on by a thread. Steve held out his hand for Spencer to grab, which he did almost instantly, smiling at him gratefully.

The way they stood looked as if they were surfing. A weird, twisted form of surfing. Just when Spencer was getting the hang on it, Ultron unhooked himself from the cradle and appeared at the opening, blasting their makeshift surfboard. Steve and Spencer flew back and landed on the windshield of the poor car driving behind them. Steve landed ontop of Spencer, the impact of being used as a human crash pad for a super soldier, momentarily winding him.

Spencer locked eyes with the terrified driver and smiled apologetically at them, "Will your insurance cover this?"

Steve grabbed Spencer by his forearm and hoisted him over his shoulder as he jumped to grab onto another truck driving up beside them. Steve used the momentum from the jump to swing from the side mirror and jump back onto the top of the truck containing the cradle.

The two stumbled as they landed, and Steve stood behind Spencer protectively as their backs faced the direction of the open back of the truck.

Spencer bent over and heaved in a desperate attempt to regain his breath after the attack the wind had caused on his lungs. His screaming certainly didn't help with his lack of air.
His break was short lived however, when Ultron appeared behind them and blasted once in their direction, hitting Steve's shield.

"You know what's in that Cradle? The power to make real change, and that terrifies you." Ultron said as he hovered above them.

"I wouldn't call it a comfort." Steve gritted, removing his shield from off his back and launching it at Ultron.

They exchanged blows, with the added help on Steve's behalf from Spencer on occasion. For the most part though, Spencer stood watching, activating all of his powers to see if any of them seemed to work. One thing that did, was his telekinesis. He used it to bring Steve's shield to himself when Steve threw it at Ultron for what had to be the umpteenth time. The speed in which it came to him, caught Spencer by surprise, and so he fumbled with the hold of it, giving Ultron an easy shot at him. When Steve was distracted from suffering a particularly hard blow from the synthezoid and Spencer was still adjusting the straps to fit his forearm, Ultron blasted Spencer once, causing his body to flip a few times in the air.

"Jesus Spencer, it's just a giant frisbee, how hard can it be?!" Francesca laughed.

"Cry me a river, Francesca!" Spencer gritted back at her.

The shield had flown out of Spencer's hands upon impact, and with the help of the wind and the momentum of literally being blasted, the shield flew towards Ultron and lodged itself into his chest.

"Stop it!" Ultron growled, not understanding that Spencer hadn't actually had a part in the attack from the shield. The synthezoid ripped it from his metal chest and threw it onto the ground beside the truck. Angrily, Ultron blasted Spencer just as Steve stepped infront of him, forcing the both of them to roll onto the front of the truck, only to have to quickly roll away once again when the robots inside driving tried to punch at them.

As they manoeuvred their way around the truck, Spencer heard the sound of Clint counting down. He sighed in relief when he realised that it must've been time for the switch.

"Listen, Steve." Spencer gathered the attention of his friend as he helped him grab ahold of the giant robot pain in the ass, "You're my bestfriend, and I value our time together very much."

"I'm always picking up after you boys."

"But at this very moment in time." A smile formed on his face when he noticed Natasha and Francesca driving towards them on a motorcycle with Steve's shield on the front, "There's nothing I want more than to leave your ass."

Francesca stood on the seat of the bike just as Spencer lined himself up with it. Winking at eachother, Frankie jumped up, while Spencer hopped down. Reaching over the red headed driver, Spencer grabbed the shield from the front and threw it up to his sister, who caught it on her arm with ease, and smashed it into Ultron's frame, causing him to stumble back and release his hold on Steve's neck.

Spencer cheered as he got himself comfortable on the bike, wrapping his arms around Natasha's waist. Ultron glared down at them, shooting the concrete as if to stop the bike or cause Natasha to crash, but she only slammed the brakes and drove onto the pavement.

"Out of the way, coming through! Sorry, coming through!" Natasha called out to the pedestrians as she weaved in and out of the crowds in order to follow the truck.

"Nice to know you still use your manners even in life or death situations." Spencer teased, picking up anything he could use to cover them; like trash can lids and big bags of trash, from the incoming shots of the drones.

"What kind of monster do you think I am?" Natasha scoffed as she sped past frightened pedestrians and drove down narrow stairs, "Clint, can you draw out the guards?"

"Let's find out." Clint replied.

"Beep beep!" Natasha called out to the civilians in the market type area she was currently driving through.

"Wait. Can we go back." Spencer asked, glancing back at the market over his shoulder, "Those Granny Smith apples looked great."

"Another time." Natasha laughed with a small smile on her face.

Spencer watched as Clint shot at Ultron, successfully drawing out the drones, as an attempt to distract him from the fact that Natasha was driving on the wrong side of the road.

"You know, it's estimated that roughly 4,000 people die from motorcycle accidents in the United States each year!" Spencer shouted nervously when Natasha narrowly avoided crashing head first into an Audi.

"And how many people live in the United States?" Natasha responded, trying to distract Spencer from what she had planned.

Spencer's grip on her waist tightened and his eyes squeezed shut, "331 million."

"4,000 out of 331 million.. I like those chances." Natasha smirked, taking one hand off the handles to pat Spencer's clenched fists.

"Heading back towards you. So whatever you're gonna do, do it now." Clint informed them.

"I'm going in. Cap, Fran, can you keep him occupied?" Natasha asked as she drove up to the back of the truck.

"What do you think we've been doing?" Francesca and Steve replied simultaneously.

"Clearly not much." Spencer teased with a smirk.

Natasha reached back to pat Spencer's knee, signalling him to stand up. Hesitantly he did. The action was soon reciprocated by Natasha and she grabbed ahold of his hand, intertwining their fingers, and edged closer towards the truck. When she felt the motorcycle slowing down, she grinned back at Spencer who was smiling nervously back at her, before pulling him with her into the truck.

Moments after they jumped, the motorcycle crashed into something and broke entirely, reminding them that if they had hesitated, they too would've been mash. They rolled together into the truck, Natasha landing smoothly whereas Spencer slammed into the side of the cradle.

"Ouch." He groaned, leaning onto his side and clutching his hip.

Natasha kicked him in the arm and smiled, "C'mon princess."

Just as Spencer stood, he felt something under the truck shaking it. He watched warily as Natasha began pressing things on the ipad device connected to the cradle. Suddenly, the back of the truck disconnected from the front, and began flying into the air. The action caught the two by surprise and even made Natasha fall and roll backwards. Quicker than he ever had before, Spencer rushed forwards to grab ahold of a part of the wall and Natasha's wrist, tugging her back into the 'safety' of the now flying truck.

She nodded once at him in thanks before crouching down to begin cutting at the straps holding the cradle in place.

"The package is airborne. I have a clean shot." Clint said as he flew up behind them.

"Negative. We are still in the truck." Natasha replied shortly.

"What the hell are you-"

"Just be ready, I'm sending the package to you." Natasha cut her bestfriend off, finally slicing the strap in half as she did so.

"How do you want me to take it?" Clint asked, still slightly confused as to why Natasha had gone and stayed in.

"Um.." Spencer mumbled, glancing warily down at Natasha before shrugging at the Quinjet, "You might wish you hadn't asked that."

"Lahela, you too?!" Clint sighed, "Your sisters gonna kill me."

"What she doesn't know wont hurt her." Spencer smirked, "Besides are you scared of-"

"What the hell is going on?!" Francesca demanded, shutting her brother up instantly.

"Nothing." Clint and Spencer replied simultaneously.

"Spence, come help me with this." Natasha said, gesturing her head at the remaining strap.

"Sure." Spencer knelt down on the opposing side and began cutting through the fabric, "These are tougher than I thought."

"When was the last time you worked out?" Natasha huffed out a laugh as she watched his face go red and the veins in his forehead stick out with the more pressure he'd apply.

"How can you tell?" Spencer responded. His body flew backwards when the strap suddenly snapped and caught him by surprise, leaving him in a tangle of his own limbs, "Nevermind.. Don't answer that."

"Nat, S, we gotta go." Clint ushered them.

Natasha smiled at Spencer and high fived him from across the cradle, an action of reassurance that all was going to be well and dandy. She placed a timed bomb on the wall before tugging on both Spencer and the cradle, and steering them out of the back. Spencer squeezed his eyes shut as the cold air hit his skin, just now realising he should've told them about his immense fear of heights.

When he opened his eyes, he expected to find himself in the comfort of the Quinjet, surrounded by Nat and Clint, who would probably tease him.

But instead, when he finally did open his eyes, he just saw the blue sky, and Natasha staring back at him, her expression of fear matching his own, with Clint's shouts to them fading into the background.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

57K 1.8K 51
"Come at me like a real man, or does your religion not allow you to spill blood?" She laughed and further lowered her lips to his ear, whispering, "Y...
200K 5.4K 27
Possible! Peter Parker x Reader ~β€’~ After the Death of your mother, your father has been hiding his emotions behind a shield. Once you find out who w...
24.7K 1.3K 11
please read notes at the bottom. They are important :) [][][][]-[][][][]-[][][][]-[][][][] Zver' Soldat is what they called you, The Beast Soldier. H...
22.3K 904 86
Ana Barton, was the most purest souls Thor had ever encountered. She was strong willed, smart, brave and compassionate. Though he had only known her...