Familia - S.S [4]

By pepsicolax_

After the effects of the Nogitsune, the McCall pack has so much more to worry about. A new beta and a deadpoo... More

Summary
Cast
Playlist
The Dark Moon
117
Muted
The Benefactor
I.E.D
Orphaned
Weaponized
Perishable
Monstrous
A Promise To The Dead
Smoke and Mirrors
Prom Queen

Time Of Death

165 7 8
By pepsicolax_

"You're Zoe Klein. You've survived Peter Hale, a kanima, a family curse, an alpha pack, a darach and a few evil spirits. Top of your class academically and by popularity. All you have to do is go knock on the door. Talk to your soulmate because you just got rid of your other soulmate."

Zoe groaned as she sat on her bike throwing her hands down her face, "Maybe not the best pep talk." She mutters to herself. All Zoe had to do was talk herself up to walk up to the Stilinski's door and knock on it. Nobody even had to answer. Nobody had to be home.

But the blue Jeep in the driveway said otherwise.

"Just walk outside." Stiles said to himself as he stared out his window spotting Zoe, "Just walk outside and say hi. One word. That's it. What's so hard about that? Oh? How about the fact that she could rip my heart out and this is her breaking up with me."

"Okay."

"Okay."

Both teens slowly walked towards the door, taking a deep breath. Zoe raised her hand to knock on the door just as Stiles grabbed the doorknob. Stiles opened the door just as Zoe moved her hand.

"Zoe."

"Stiles."

Stiles stared at Zoe's fist causing her to glance at it, she quickly brought it down to her side as she chuckled, "I wasn't going to punch you."

"I didn't think you would."

"I don't even know why I would say that."

"I don't think you could hurt me." Stiles stuttered out. "What?" Zoe asked as she raised her eyebrows, "I could definitely hurt you. I do know how to punch someone." Stiles nodded, "I know."

"It's done. Scott and I broke it." Zoe blurted out. "I'm in love with you. I- I love you with everything in me and I'm sorry I put you through that. I totally get it if you want to end things or if you want to take a break, explore other options. I mean just because we have a thread connecting us doesn't mean you can't find someone else to love. I just needed to tell you that. I'm sorry -"

Stiles cut Zoe off as he leaned forward, capturing her lips. Zoe pulled away as she glanced up at him, "What are you doing? You should be yelling at me." Stiles shook his head as he rubbed his fingers over Zoe's cheek.

"I don't see the point of doing that." Stiles whispers, "Because at the end of the day. I love you and you love me. Right?" Zoe nods, "Right." Stiles chuckles as he pulls her closer to him, "This was supposed to be our happily ever after. Always and Forever. So, I'm not going to yell at you because-"

"Because we might have a bigger fight ahead of us." Zoe said as glanced down at her feet, "Then just for tonight let's be normal. Let's go out on a date and I can sneak you up to my room. Let's just be teenagers in love. Are you with me?"

"Always and Forever."

💰

"So is this really his heart?"

Zoe stares at the heart, the human heart in front of her on her kitchen table. "I think I'm gonna be sick." She mutters as she covers her mouth. "I have so many questions." Dexter reaches out to grab the heart holding it in his hands. "Did you do this?"

"As much as I would love to be the one to kill Mikael," Klaus says, "But no. It was a gift." Dexter hums as he raises his eyebrows, "Is he telling the truth?" Dexter leans over to his sister.

"Can you put the heart down?" Zoe mutters as Dexter holds the heart out to her. "Dexter." Dexter chuckles as he holds it closer to her. "What it's not like I'm gonna drop it." Dexter chuckles as he throws it up in the air but he barely catches it as it slips out of his fingers grabbing it with his other hand. "See, I got it." Zoe reaches out as she gags before placing it down next to the stake.

"Just one, one question. I'm not going to ask about the stake. I'm not going to ask about the fact that my brother, boyfriend and my friends almost died today and some magic mushroom saved them. I'm going to ask, who the hell is 'E' and why did they kill Mikael for us?"

💰

Dexter lays down alone on his bed as he stares down at his phone. No texts, no calls. Nothing. He hasn't heard from Malia in the few days since she found out about her being a Hale. The bed feels empty, cold without her.

Dexter turned to the side to see a picture of himself and Matt next to a vase of roses that Elijah was able to keep alive with a spell. Dexter once again failed someone who started to care about him.

A bell is heard in his room, Chewie jumps on Dexter's bed nudging himself onto the boy's lap. Dexter chuckles as he scratches the cat's ears, "You just always know when I need a friend, don't you boy?"

"Maybe you have room for one more?"

Dexter turns his head to see Zoe standing in his doorway. He nods as she rushes over and lay down next to him. Elijah has been working with Zoe to learn more spells and more importantly to track and figure out who that woman Zoe saw and who 'E' was that killed his father.

She's been improving but it has been tiring to her. Over the days she completed a few more protection spells around the house and the most important one locking the white oak stake in a safe, inside a box, inside a room.

Not to mention she found a spell that bonded her and Scott together to heal. Because nobody seemed to care what she wanted, they just wanted her safe. For once, Zoe was on the same side as Stiles. She didn't need Scott to help her heal. She didn't need to depend on Scott.

She just wanted her own life back.

The twins were exhausted and done with everyone around them. It was a nightly routine of Zoe sneaking into Dexter's room so they could have a twin sleepover. For their whole life they wished for them to have people that cared about them and a family but now they just wanted everyone to leave them alone.

Zoe reached over to grab a photo of the twins when they were younger with their parents. "I wish - I wish I could tell her to not be afraid." Zoe whispered, "I would tell her to say yes to Elise. I would tell her to go with her and ask more about her family. Make sure that she believes in fairytales and hold onto the hope that Prince Charming is out there."

"I would tell him to be okay with loving someone you're not supposed to." Dexter leans his head on Zoe's shoulder, "I would tell him that days may be tough but at the end of the day, people care. They'll listen. Don't lie to anyone because you think it would protect them."

"Would you really tell him to love even if that meant you would never have met Matt?"

"Would you go with Elise?"

💰

"You guys are late." Scott said as Dexter and Zoe walked into the McCall house. "Bite me." Zoe muttered as Kira, Liam, Stiles and Scott stared at them. "Zoe-" "Don't say a word to me Scott." Zoe glares at him, "I was just told that I have to participate in this and honestly finding the benefactor is the least of our worries right now."

"Why is Zoe doing this?" Liam asked. Everyone stayed silent unsure what to say as the only people who really knew were Lydia, Dexter, Scott and Stiles on why she has to do this with Scott. Zoe Klein once again has to die. This time with Scott .

"I'm doing this because Scott and I are the highest on the list. The two rarest supernatural beings, who wouldn't want a shot to kill us?" Zoe answered, wrapping her arm around Liam's shoulders. "It's sweet you care about me Li, but I promise you I'm going to be fine."

That wasn't really a lie so she just hoped that Liam wasn't paying attention to her heartbeat. No, the real reason Zoe had to die with Scott was because that spell she did to bond them plus with the soulmate bond, the pain would be too much for her to handle. It would feel like her heart was getting ripped out of her chest and constantly in pain.

"Zo?" Kira asked, breaking the silence, "Dexter, what's going on?"

Zoe felt like shit. One girl who in the matter of months went from enemy to best friend and who was the most supportive of her decisions and she was lying to her. Dexter could say he felt the same. Kira was new to them and the twins hated lies.

"Nothing-"

"We currently have a human heart in our house." Dexter blurted out. Zoe smacked her brother's chest as he shrugged, "Sorry. I just - they have to know what's going on. We got a note from a secret admirer or protector or guardian angel and they sent us something that could keep us off the deadpool list."

"Do you know who?" Stiles asked as Zoe shook her head, "All we got was a letter and how they signed it, 'E'. And mixed with a woman who I believe was stalking me the past few days," Zoe trailed off, "Can we - can we just get back to the plan? I would like to know what I'm doing before I,"

"Yeah. Okay." Scott says as they all go back to stand around the table. "Is three enough?" Kira asked. "Depends on how many cameras they have... But I think so." Stiles said and Liam looked up at everyone, "Are we really doing this?"

"We're doing it- tonight." Scott said, nodding, making Liam sigh slightly, "But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asked worriedly and Stiles nodded. "It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic." Stiles said, glancing over at Zoe. She glanced up as she nodded in agreement.

"Have you guys done something like this before?"

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" Dexter asked and Zoe hummed pursed her lips, "It's a yes to both." She said, making Liam look at her and take a deep breath. "You don't have to be a part of it if you don't want to." Zoe said, making Liam look over at her, "I'm not scared."

"Then you're borderline idotic." Stiles said as he patted his shoulder, "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" Stiles asked and Kira sighed. "How do we know something's definitely coming?"

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said 'visual confirmation required'." Scott said and Dexter nodded, "Simon said the same thing - he couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that we were dead."

"So, the idea is... What if you kill someone on the deadpool, but you can't send the proof?" Scott said and Kira nodded, "you don't get paid." She said, "But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?" Liam asked, glancing at all of them, "He still needs to know if the target is really dead." Dexter said.

"Especially if it's the two highest people on the list."

"So, if he wants visual confirmation..."

"He's going to have to come himself."

💰

Zoe sat outside the McCall house as she stared at her anniversary gift from Stiles on her finger. She needed a minute, just a minute to get her bearings before she had to walk upstairs and have both her uncle and the Yukimura's would stun Scott's heart and hers. And a spell would be placed to keep her and Scott bonded so she wouldn't totally die.

"You ready?"

Zoe looks back to see Stiles walking towards her. She sighs as he takes a seat next to her, "Do I get a say?" She asks. "Do I?" Stiles looks over at her. "I didn't want it to be this way, Stiles."

Sties chuckles as he shakes his head, "I've heard those words before." He mutters standing up. He walks back as Zoe follows him, the two stand apart on the porch. "Sometimes I truly wonder if you made the right choice. If I made the right choice."

"Sti-"

"No, just stop." Stiles whispers, "I don't have the energy anymore to yell at you. I don't have the energy to fight. I just wish for once that the Klein twins would understand where I'm coming from."

Zoe stands still as she and Stiles just stare at each other. Her heart breaks into tiny pieces once she hears Stiles finally admit his feelings. But before she can say a word the sound of the door opening cuts their attention off of each other.

"You don't think we care?" Dexter asks Stiles as he walks outside. "I didn't say that." Stiles says. "No, you basically did Stiles."

"Dexter."

"No. No." Dexter looks back at Zoe, "If my best friend doesn't think I care about him then I'll treat him as someone who is wronging you Zoe." Dexter glances back to Stiles as he walks up to him. "You have no right to say that Zoe doesn't understand where you're coming from. I understand. We understand."

"Dexter, man-"

"No, I'm talking." Dexter pushes Stiles back, "Just because you and your girlfriend are having trouble does not mean that you get to compare our stories. You have a dad that cares about you, friends that care about you. Fuck Stiles at one point you had two families. We, Zoe and I, only had each other and Lydia up until last year. Then our family fell apart again, I lost someone I loved, Zoe lost people she loved. Our mom didn't even want us. She walked out on us because she didn't love Frank. She left us there with an abusive man and now who knows what she's doing."

"Dexter," Zoe runs up between the two, pushing her brother back, "I can fight my own battles." She whispers, "Zo-" Zoe puts her hand on her brother's mouth, "I'm grateful that you want to save me. But this is my battle."

Zoe removed her hand from Dexter's mouth as she turned around to look at Stiles, "I care about you Stiles. I love you and I'm always going to pick you but if that's not enough for you then you have to let me know. I can't play a guessing game every time something supernatural is threatening us."

Zoe leans up to kiss Stiles' cheek before she walks inside the house. Dexter and Stiles remain outside both boys unsure what to say to each other. Dexter turns to walk away but as he opens the door someone whispering his name makes him turn his head.

"You okay?"

Dexter nods as he stares at the empty road, "Yeah. Let's go."

Zoe walks up the stairs as she spots Elijah holding two cups, one already filled with blood. "Are you ready Zoe?" Elijah asks as the girl nods. She walks into Scott's room to see everyone surrounding Scott's bed. Zoe stares at Scott as she feels a hand on her shoulder. "I got this." Dexter mutters as he extends his fangs taking Zoe's hand.

"We can always find another way." Dexter mutters to her. Zoe shakes her head as she closes her eyes, "Just do it." She mutters. She holds back a scream as Dexter bites into her wrist as Elijah catches some of her blood.

Elijah hands both teenagers a cup of each other's blood. "Once you drink this, I'll start the spell and there will be a quick pain but it will be done."

"I'm still confused. Why are you linking them?" Liam asks Elijah. Scott looks at Zoe as he answers Liam, "Because I'll be able to handle what's going to happen to us. Zoe, with my help, can survive this."

Zoe's eyes never leave Scott's as they both drink their cups dry. Elijah starts to mutter his spell as candles light up around Scott's room. Both teens fall down screaming, each of their hands reaching for each other as they fall to the floor. Zoe and Scott both open their eyes to see them both red and after a second, after Elijah is done talking, they go back to brown.

"Zo?" Scott asks as the witch nods. "I'm fine." She mutters as she stands up.

"Are you guys totally sure about this?" Liam asked as he started to pace in the room. "I think Liam's kind of nervous." Kira said as Dexter chuckled, "Little late to second guess this twerp." He mutters.

"So, you've done this before, right?" Liam asked Noshkio. "I've seen it done." She told him. "Is that just as good?" Liam asked. "No."

"Mom, you're not inspiring confidence." Kira groaned. "Good." Noshiko looked at her daughter, "This is a terrible idea. And I don't understand how you are going along with this." Noshiko said to Elijah.

"Do you want us to do it without you?" Zoe asked Noshiko to look at her. Zoe kept staring, not letting the woman intimidate her. Zoe took Noshiko's silence as a win as both teens lied down on Scott's bed.

"Put your hand over his heart." Noshiko told Kira.

"Stiles, grab her hand." Elijah told Stiles as he grabbed a tiny piece of wood, "What? Why?" Stiles asked as Zoe stared at the ceiling. "Zoe, this might sting." Elijah told her as he pricked her chest, giving the effect she was struck by a piece of the white oak stake. "One, two," Elijah trailed off as Zoe screamed. Stiles instantly reaches out to her, grabbing her hand.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." She muttered as Stiles tightened his grip on her. "That wasn't real, was it?" Stiles asked as Elijah stared at him. "No, it was a piece of neutralized wood."

"Hold on. What happens while we're out? Are we going to feel anything?" Scott asked. "It might feel like you're dreaming." Noshiko replied. "Good dreams or bad?" Zoe asked, looking over to the woman. "I suppose that depends on you."

Scott and Zoe looked over to each other giving each other supportive smile. "Are you ready?" Zoe asked. "With you," Scott reached down to grab Zoe's hand, "Always." Scott and Zoe both looked up, giving a smile to Stiles and Kira.

"Uh, guys." Dexter said stopping Kira, "Even if this doesn't work. You two are coming back. Okay?"

"Yeah Dexter." Scott said, "We're coming back."

💰

Dexter ran through the hospital doors carrying an unconscious Zoe, right behind Stiles. Both boys are on the verge of tears, well Stiles on the verge as Dexter's vision is blurred. "Help!" Dexter yelled, "I need help!"

Dexter watched as nurses rushed over with a gurney as they tried to pry away Dexter's fingers from Zoe. "What happened?" A nurse asked. "She- uh- she-"

"She just said she was going to take a nap. I went up to check on her and she didn't respond." Stiles said as he held back Dexter. "She hit her head a few days ago. But she was fine. Just please tell me you can save her."

"Just help my sister." Dexter begged as he watched the nurses drag her body away. "Just save Zoe Klein."

It was only a few moments when Dr. Geyer, Liam's step-dad, walked back out. He felt sick after just giving the news to Melissa McCall that her son had passed away minutes beforehand. "Zoe Klein?"

Dexter and Stiles ran up to him as both boys were distraught. "I'm her - I'm her brother." Dexter said as he wiped his tears away. Dr. Geyer glanced towards Stiles as he put a hand on Dexter's back, "Maybe we should talk alone?"

"No!" Dexter yelled, "Stiles is family. Just please, did you save her?"

"I'm sorry. There was nothing we could do."

It was a silent scream. That's what happened to the boy who lost his twin sister. "Are you- are you sure?" Stiles asks quietly. Dr. Geyer nods as both boys hold onto each other for support. Dexter couldn't even get any words out as Stiles barely holds on.

💰

Dexter and Stiles both walk into the morgue, wiping tears away right behind Melissa. "I still hate this plan. I mean, this is pretty significantly terrifying - he looks dead. She looks dead." Melissa said as she walked up to where Scott's body laid on a metal tray next to Zoe's.

Dexter and Stiles take their stance as they stand next to Zoe's body. "She wasn't supposed to do this." Stiles whispers as he brushes her hair away from her face. As Stiles fingers brush her cheek a sudden pain shoots down his spine. Dexter turns around glancing at him as he clears his throat and stands back up.

"Give me your hand." Noshiko said holding her hand out and Melissa held her hand out. Noshiko grabbed it and held it down to Scott's chest, "Wait for it." She said and then a moment later Melissa felt Scott's heartbeat making her sigh in relief.

"Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?" Melissa asked in a slight whisper, "Enough for an alpha." Noshkio said, nodding. "And what about for a witch?" Melissa asked as everyone stared at Stiles holding Zoe's hand. "She's strong." Dexter answers, "As long as Scott is okay, so will she."

"How much time do we have?" Melissa asked looking up at everyone, "Forty-five minutes."

"What happens after that?"

"I bring them back the same way." Kira said and Melissa shook her head, "No, I mean, what happens if they stay like this longer than forty-five minutes?" Melissa asked, making them all glance at each other while Noshiko looked at them. "No one told her?" She asked as Melissa looked at her, "What? What happens after forty-five minutes?" Melissa asked and Noshkiko sighed.

"They die."

💰

Dexter, Stiles, Kira and Liam stood next to a hospital bed with three laptops in front of them. "Try it now." Argent said over the phone and Stiles pressed a button in the middle laptop and soon enough each laptop showed the live footage of all the hospital cameras.

"We're in." Dexter sighed in relief.

💰

Zoe opened her eyes as she looked up to see herself stuck in what seemed to be a box of some sort. She glanced around as she tried to figure out where she was or what she was in. "Help!" She screamed as she banged her fist on the top. "Someone help!" She tried to push the top off over and over again as she felt something holding it down.

"Hold on." Someone said as they opened it for her. She looked up as she covered her eyes to see the sun shining on her, "Need a hand?" A familiar voice asked as she grabbed it, helping her up and out. She looked back to see herself in a Mikaelson coffin, "thank you." She mutters as she turns around.

"Matt?" She asked as she stared at Dexter's ex. Matt Brooks. "Hi Zoe." He said as he brought the girl into a hug. Zoe didn't want to let go, she wanted to stay here because she knew that Matt would help her. Matt would understand what she's going through.

Matt pulled away from her as the two stared at each other. "How's Dexter?" Matt whispers. "He misses you. Everyday. He will always love you Matt." Zoe tells him softly, "But he's happy, I think. He has an amazing girlfriend and supportive friends."

"I miss him too." Matt tells her, "But there's a reason I'm here Zoe. It's not because you're dead, basically. It's because of what you're doing and why the ancestors sent me to you." Zoe furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"Linking yourself to a werewolf was idiotic. They're not happy with your decision and honestly your family is on the top of the list to be cut off from natural magic." Matt says. "Wait, how do you know this?" Zoe asks him, "You're not a witch. You're nothing supernatural."

"I know." Matt admits, "But I died due to supernatural causes. They wanted me and they got me."

"Wait, you said my family is on the top of the list from being cut off. Matt, Elijah and I are the only ones living that can do natural magic." Zoe tells him. Matt quickly glances around as he grabs the girl's hand, "Come on we need to go." He tells her.

Matt shuts the door to the boy's locker room in Beacon Hills. "Alright, we may only have a few minutes." He told her as Zoe furrowed her eyebrows, "A few minutes? Matt what is going on?" Matt sighs as he takes a seat. "The ancestors, they - they did something. They gave out a punishment that is a challenge to you, Dexter, Klaus and Elijah. You have to fight it. You can't let them win against you, Zoe."

"Matt, you're scaring me."

"What you're going to see when you go through the doors... is all one hundred percent you. It's your mind - it's going to play tricks on you." Matt stood up as he grabbed Zoe's hand.

The boy showed her to the door that led to Coach's office. "This is where I leave you." Matt whispers, "I miss you Matty." Zoe says as she brings the boy in for a hug, "I wish you could see our boy now."

Matt chuckles as he kisses the side of Zoe's head. "I miss both of you. Take care of each other for me."

Zoe walked through Coach's office to the hallway but instead she ended up in an empty classroom. "Hello?" Zoe called out as she looked around, "Hello?"

"Princess."

Zoe let out a sigh of relief as she turned around to see her boyfriend staring at her. "Thank god you're here. Wait, why are you here?" She asked him as she walked over to him. "Are you hurt?" She asked him as she placed her hands on his chest.

"No, no. I'm fine. You called me here."

"What?" Zoe took a step back, "No I didn't."

"Yes you did." Her voice echoes back to her. She turns around to see herself staring at her but her eyes are glowing red, her necklace is shining and sparks are coming out of her fingers. "I did, technically."

The other Zoe ran over to them pushing Zoe down on the ground. "This is what it feels like for Stiles when you're flirting with Scott." The other Zoe slams her hand on Stiles' chest right above his heart as sparks fly everywhere.

"Stiles!" Zoe yells as Stiles falls to the ground.

💰

"Is it supposed to look like that?" Liam asked after a few minutes making them look over at one of the cameras to see it glitching out before going dark. "No. No, it's not..." Stiles said, "Where is that?" Kira asked.

"The roof. Someone's gonna have to go check it out." Stiles said as he looked at the screen, "I'll go." Kira said, making Dexter look at her. "Whoa, wait a second. This might not just be a malfunction." Dexter said. "That's why I'm bringing this." Kira said, holding up her katana making Dexter purse his lips.

Kira started to run off, making Liam follow her, "I'm coming with you!" He said and they ran out of the room. "Okay... and you're both coming right back! Immediately!" Stiles called out, "Kids." He mumbled.

"I probably should go with them and leave you here because obviously I don't care about you." Dexter muttered. "Dexter, come on." Stiles groaned, "I didn't mean it like that. It was in the heat of the moment. Between your sister and I."

"You've been in a relationship long enough with her and around us long enough to know that we're always around each other." Dexter chuckled, "And what you say in 'the heat of the moment' is really what you mean."

Stiles shook his head as he glanced at the hybrid, "Dexter, you're my best friend. Do you really think that I think you don't care about me? Dude, you've been trying to put back a friendship I had since I was little just because you think I miss Scott."

"Well, do you?"

"I-I don't know." Stiles admitted, "But I know we were all friends but I'm never upset when you hang out with him. I'm never mad because I know that you're my best friend. I'm just getting annoyed that you keep forcing us back together."

Dexter runs his hand through his hair as he stares at the computer screens. "You think I'm being selfish?" He asks, "You think that I'm trying to fix a problem that was created because my stupid ass decided to follow you around sophomore year which made me into a hybrid and my sister into a witch that ultimately broke you two up? You think that's selfish?"

The boys sat quiet. It was an honest conversation that they never really even thought of having with each other because before the PSATs, they had a nice thing going. Scott and Dexter would hang out only at Scott's house to avoid Zoe and Stiles. Stiles would hang out with Dexter at his house and the Klein house was to hang out with Zoe. On some days Stiles would switch houses depending on if his dad was home.

Now that Dexter thinks about it maybe he was selfish but can you blame him? He wanted his friends back. He wanted that friendship that he craved since freshman year. True friendship. He got it and then he lost it in less than a year.

💰

Zoe's eyes shot open as she found herself once again in a coffin. She slammed her hand on the top as she pushed it open. This time when she opened it wasn't sunny like it was when she saw Matt, no it was dark and gloomy. She ran into the school as she followed through the locker room through Coach's office and in another empty classroom. "Hello?" Zoe called out as she looked around, "Hello?"

"Zo."

Zoe let out a sigh of relief as she turned around to see Scott staring at her. "Scott? What are you doing here? Where's Stiles?" She asked him as she walked over to him. "Are you hurt?" She asked him as she placed her hands on his chest.

"No, no. I'm fine. You called me here."

"What?" Zoe took a step back, "No I didn't."

"Yes you did." Her voice echoes back to her. She turns around to see herself staring at her but her eyes are glowing red, her necklace is shining and sparks are coming out of her fingers. "I did, technically."

The other Zoe ran over to them pushing Zoe down on the ground. "This is what it feels like for Scott when you're with Stiles." Zoe gets up as she launches herself at her other self. She pushes her down to the ground but quickly gets overpowered as she falls to the ground. The other smirks as she stares at Scott. The other slams her hand on Scott's chest right above his heart as sparks fly everywhere.

"Scott!" Zoe yells as Scott falls to the ground.

💰

It was awkward between Stiles and Dexter as they both were stunned to even say anything. Dexter sighed as he looked down at the screens noticing they all had gone dark. "Stiles." Dexter calls out. "I'm really not in the mood Dexter." Stiles groans, "Stiles! Look." Dexter points to the laptop. "That's not good."

"Morgue?" Stiles asked. "Morgue." Dexter answered as he nodded. They stood there for a few seconds then Dexter was the first one racing out of the room and towards the morgue.

They ran down the hall and were about to turn the corner only for a gun to be pointed at Dexter's head. "Argent!" Dexter yelled as he flashed his eyes and Argent lowered it, "Sorry." He said and he nodded. "The power's out in the whole building. I lost all the cameras." Stiles said and Argent nodded slightly. "Stay with Scott and Zoe. Text me if you see or hear anything." He said and they nodded before running off.

They both made it to the morgue and Dexter instantly stood in front of the door that Zoe laid behind while Stiles started to pace anxiously. Dexter turned around as he placed a hand on Zoe's name card before he hit the door. "That's it." Stiles muttered as he pulled out his phone.

"Come on, come on... Answer the phone...Answer the phone, Argent! Come on, Argent, answer the phone... Why are you not answering the phone?" Stiles muttered and suddenly Argent came flying through the double doors, groaning as he hit the ground.

"That's why he's not answering the phone."

"I was right. Dexter, Stiles get out of here!" He yelled but before they could even move Kate walked in making Dexter flash his eyes as he pulled Stiles over to him. Even if they were pissed at each other, Dexter would still protect him. IF not for him then for Zoe. "Get out of the way, hybrid. I'm taking the bodies."

"Visual confirmation?" Dexter asked and Kate chuckled, "Don't worry, dog. I'm not the Benefactor." Kate said, stepping closer to them. "Then what do you want with the body?" Argent asked.

"I wish I could tell you." Kate said and suddenly Argent was pressing a gun under her chin, "I always forget you carry two." She chuckled. "Back off!" Argent demanded and Kate chuckled, "You sure you can pull the trigger fast enough?" Kate taunted her brother.

"I don't want to."

"You're not going to kill me."

"I'm not going to let you take their bodies.'

"Okay, well... obviously, you guys have a lot to talk about... so, maybe I saw some coffee, a vending machine, outside..." Stiles said, making Dexter roll his eyes. "Listen to me, Kate- we have a plan." Argent said, "If killing Scott and Zoe were part of it, you're worse than me." Kate said and Dexter scoffed and raised his eyebrows, "I still think killing hunters, innocents and a whole family is worse." He muttered.

"He's telling the truth- we're trying to get to the Benefactor." Stiles spoke up.

"If you didn't notice, you're on that list, too and you're worth more than most."

"That's why I'm here."

"Then back off and let us do what we planned." Argent said and Kate looked down at his wrist that she was holding that showed a countdown of three minutes. "That the Berserkers and go. Kate, please. We have a plan." Argent almost begged and Dexter could feel the pain. That was his sister, evil or not they were related and if Dexter knows anything about siblings, they would protect each other at all costs. Kate looked back to the teen boys to see Dexter almost shifted back before she walked away.

💰

Melissa and Noshiko walked the hallways when they turned around due to people screaming. One after one, someone would come running down the halls passing by them. A low growl was heard as they both turned around to be faced with a Berserker.

"Are you still a Kitsune?" Melissa asked as her eyes never left the Berserker, "Technically." Noshkio answered as they started to back away.

The Berserker was quick to attack them. Instantly hurting Noshiko but it didn't live long to live in its glory. A hand shot out through the back of it, as someone grabbed their heart ripping it out. The Berserker fell to the ground in a thud as Melissa pulled Noshiko on her lap holding her wound.

"Those things always were so annoying." A woman with a slight British accent said as she held the heart. "I never understood why people always want bigger, stronger and most importantly men to guard them. We women have to stick together, don't we?"

"Who are you?" Melissa asked as the woman stepped into the light. Her blonde hair sticking out as Melissa slowly came to realize where she saw some of the same facial features. The nose reminds her of Zoe as the eyes shine like Dexter's.

"You're Melissa McCall, correct?" Melissa nodded as the woman walked up to her, "I need you to deliver a message for me. I would deliver it myself but Zoe Klein seems to be indisposed at the moment."

The blonde woman pulled out an envelope labeled to Zoe and Dexter Klein. "Make sure they get it. It's the least you could do after killing her." She whispered as she got up, throwing the heart up and down.

"How do you know them? Are you part of that family too?" Melissa called out as the woman stopped. "We go way back."

💰

Zoe's eyes shot open as she found herself once again in a coffin. She slammed her hand on the top as she pushed it open. "Okay, still gloomy out." She muttered to herself as it started to pour on her. "Great." She mumbled as she ran into the school as she followed through the locker room through Coach's office and in another empty classroom. "Hello?" Zoe called out as she looked around, "Hello?"

"Zo."

"Princess."

Zoe turned around as she stared both at Scott and Stiles facing her. "No, no. It can't be both of you." She whispered. "You called us here." Scott told her. "Princess, are you okay?" Stiles asked softly.

"No, you're not." Her voice echoes back to her. She turns around to see herself staring at her but her eyes are glowing red, her necklace is shining and sparks are coming out of her fingers. "Why are you doing this?" Zoe yelled at her witch self.

"Because I'm showing you what is happening outside of your bubble. Do you really think that they would be fine if you chose the other? Just because Scott has a girlfriend does not mean that he's fine seeing you happy. Stiles is in pain because you can't let go of Scott. His ex-best friend someone you fell in love with."

Zoe shook her head as she glared at her witch self, "I didn't mean too!"

"Not good enough!" The other yelled, "Now choose who you want to save. Scott or Stiles? New love or old love?"

The other walked up to the boys as sparks flew from her hand, "Time is ticking Zoe. You need to choose."

Zoe stared as her eyes lingered on Scott. "Seems like you made your choice." The other Zoe put her hands close to Stiles as Zoe shot her hands out shooting sparks at herself.

💰

Zoe's eyes blinked open as she stared up at the ceiling. "Stiles!" Zoe yelled as she sat up quickly. Stiles ran over to her grabbing her hands as Zoe leaned into his chest, crying. "Princess?" He whispered to her as she shook her head.

"What happened? Did it work?" Scott asked after he pulled away from Kira who pulled him out and everyone just glanced at each other but the sounds of Zoe's sobs echoing.

Suddenly Liam ran in, looking directly at Kira, "What?" She asked. "It's your mother... She's hurt..."

💰

All Dexter wanted to do was crash on his bed and never wake up again. A good thirteen hours of sleep sounded good but he knew that he needed more after today. After hearing that Zoe talked to Matt.

Maybe he should've died today so he could say goodbye.

"Mal?" Dexter asks as he spots Malia sitting on his bed. "Hey, where have you been? I've been trying to get a hold on you." He asked and Malia didn't look at him, "Talking to Peter." She said and Dexter nodded.

"Okay, are you sure that's what you want?" He asked and Malia shrugged slightly, looking down at the papers in her hands, "If he can help me find my mother, I don't think I care." She said and Dexter shrugged, "Mothers aren't that great to begin with. But just because you're related to him doesn't mean you're like him."

"Maybe I am. That night I caused the car crash..."

"You mean when you were out of control on a full moon." Dexter said and Malia shook her head, still not looking at her, "There's a part I didn't tell you about. Right before we got into the car, my mother... my adoptive mother, I guess... we got into this huge fight. I don't even remember what it was about, but I remember what I said."

"Malia-"

"I said, 'I wish you were all dead.'" Malia said and Dexter sighed softly, "Killing doesn't run in the family." He said. "Maybe it does in mine." Malia said and Dexter nodded slightly, "Okay then it does in mine too." He said and Malia finally looked at him.

"My family has a list of names of people that they killed going back to the tenth century. Klaus and Elijah, they don't hesitate to kill. My mother was apparently the same way." Dexter mutters. "We may come from a sucky family line but that doesn't mean that we have to be bad."

💰

"Have you and Dexter talked?" Zoe asked as she and Stiles sat on her window seat together. "Not yet. But I think we'll be okay." Stiles whispers. Zoe nods as she glances up to Stiles. Chewie runs over to Stiles as he glances between him and Zoe. Stiles reaches over as he starts to pet the cat, "Do you ever think that maybe you're going to tell me exactly how you feel about Scott?"

"What?"

"Meow."

"I just think that if we are going to get past this, I need to know about what you're thinking. I can't keep guessing about you every time I have to leave you alone. I trust you with my life and my heart. But I think some of that may be broken." Stiles whispers as Chewie rubs up against him, purring.

"Elijah once told me that the definition of broken suggests that something can be fixed." Zoe whispered as she looked up to Stiles. "So we're all a little broken, but I believe and I need you to believe that we can fix us."

"Are we insane?" Stiles asks her, "Because I feel like we have this conversation - this argument every time and it either is dealing with you sacrificing yourself or you going to Scott. Somehow we always end up here. And you always end up saying something to make me believe in you again."

"Hey, sorry to interrupt." Dexter says as he opens Zoe's door to see her and Stiles staring at each other, "Scott needs us at his place. Right now... He said he needs to talk to us." Zoe shakes her head as she glares at her brother. "I'm kinda busy. You deal with him."

"Zo, he said Melissa gave him something. From 'E'."

Zoe and Stiles both look over to Dexter raising their eyebrows, "I wanted to wait for Klaus and Elijah but they both are still following a different trail. Seemed like 'E' wanted to hide Mikael's body with some other parts of the white oak."

"Go." Stiles told her. "We can talk in the morning, okay?" Stiles tells her as he walks over to her. "I love you, Zoe Klein. I'll see you soon." He kisses the top of her forehead before patting Dexter on the back and walking out.

💰

"Here." Melissa handed Dexter the note. "She wanted me to give this to you." She told the twins. Dexter sighed as he stared down at the white envelope. "Aren't you going to open it?" Scott asked him.

Dexter glanced to his side to see Zoe staring at it also. "Was that it? Was that all she did was save you and give you this? You didn't talk to her?" Zoe asked Melissa. Melissa quickly shook her head, "No. Just did that."

"Melissa, I know you're lying." Zoe tells her. "Just please, anything you can give us about her would be helpful."

Melissa sighed but nodded as she looked at the twins, their eyes full of hope. "She was blonde. Had amber eyes and an accent, British." Dexter quickly threw the envelope at Scott as he took out his wallet. "Keep explaining her." He told Melissa.

"Okay, she was about five foot six, maybe? Talked more about woman empowerment as she held the heart in her hands. Said I could give this to you, mostly Zoe after killing her." Melissa sighed, "She looked almost identical to both of you. It was like,"

"She was our mother?" Dexter asked as he pulled out a photo, the last family photo before Elise left. "She's not our mother!" Zoe yelled, "Elise left us high and dry. You really think that she would come back here to be with her family now?"

"I remember her." Melissa said, "I remember meeting your mother and I'm sure this was her."

"Zoe, why don't you just read it?" Scott said as he walked up to her, opening the envelope. "Scott, no." Zoe says, staring at him. "What if I read it for you?" Scott suggests to the twins. Both of them sigh and nod as Scott quickly reads over the note.

"And?" Zoe asks.

"I think your mother is alive."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.2K 21
❝She's more than just 30 million dollars.❞ In which the pack deals with a new situation; The Deadpool. Stacey McCall has been through a hell of a l...
543K 10.3K 40
❝She's a Phoenix, and she'll let them see her rise❞ Star Stilinski is the witty, sarcastic younger sister of Stiles Stilinski. Although, something ba...
377K 10.5K 28
A boy with a bad past, present, and future, as far as he could tell, moved to Beacon Hills where his whole life changed. He gets thrown into a supern...
1.1K 24 17
In the third book of the Set Ablaze series, it's been near two months after the deaths of friends, and more trouble stirs within Beacon Hills in the...