|| ๐ˆ๐‚๐“ ๐’๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐’๐ญ๐จ๐ซ...

By thecricketgirl

โ‹ ๐˜ฝ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™จ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ก๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ž๐™จ... More

Can't see you in pain (MahiRat)
You are a fighter (Mahi-Yuvi)
A warm welcome (Nattu-Virat)
Scared (Dada-Mahi-Virat)
You are the best bhaiyaa (Virat-Jassi)
Will always protect them
I'm with you (Hardik-Rahul)
Three Generations of the Team..... But no difference in them
His Rishu (Virat - Rishabh)
A brotherhood to cherish(Chat)
The little brother Rah
Random
The tweet (Chat)
Jassi's wedding (Chat)
You are Special!!! (MahiRat)
Random - 2
Welcome to the family SKY(SKY-Vi)
Ramblings(Chat)
Ramblings - 2(Chat)
๐Ÿ’™:The Fam:๐Ÿ’™
The dream of June 2021
The best friend knows it all (RohiRat)
The Caring Brothers (MahiRohiRat)
An eternal bond stays forever!
The Chachus (MahiRohiRat)
The Sing-A-Song Day (chat + OS)
The best friend's wish (RohiRat)
The Three Musketeers (Hardik-Rahul-Mayank)
Indiranagar Ka Gunda hoon main!!๐Ÿคฃ (Chat)
We've got you!
The 183 and the 264 (RohiRat)
The Hysterical Skyjack (3)

Trust, Respect! (MahiRat)

2.2K 105 35
By thecricketgirl

The Dhoni family were in sitting in the backyard of their farmhouse, sipping their evening tea. Mahi was entertaining Ziva's crazy antics, while Sakshi was surfing Instagram. 

"Awww so sweet", Sakshi gushed suddenly. Mahi eyed his wife warily, wondering what made her gush so loudly. 

"Mahi look at this! Cheeku is so sweet!!", said Sakshi, excitedly showing him her phone. 

Mahi peeked into the screen to see whatever Sakshi was showing. It was Virat's Instagram story. Apparently, he was having a QnA session, and somebody had asked "Two words that define your bond with Captain Cool??"

And Virat had answered, "Trust, Respect."

But Mahi knew that there was much more meaning behind those two words. Undying faith, endless love and a lifelong support system and many many more such emotions were hidden behind those two small words.

Mahi smiled at that thought. Maybe his and his Cheeku's bond can never be described in words. It's all in their hearts, their souls. If he ever starts writing about their bond, maybe he would end up writing a whole novella, Mahi can guarantee it.

Mahi's trance broke when Sakshi clicked her fingers in front of his face. "Where did you get lost?", she asked.

"Nothing.. I was just thinking that Cheeku, he has come such a long way but he is still the same little immature kiddo in front of me. He never ever changed, not that I want him to", said Mahi, smiling.

Sakshi wholeheartedly agreed to Mahi's words. "Yes Mahi and he will never change in the future", she said confidently.

*******

Meanwhile, on the other side, the squad for the England tour was in quarantine in Mumbai. And a certain Kohli was getting bored.

That was the sole reason he posted the QnA session on his instagram. But, the minute he posted that, his little girl woke up from her long slumber.

Virat smacked his forehead with his phone. Now he couldn't even take that story down. People stalking him like hawks, already saw it. He decided to come back to that later and rushed off to his daughter.

After 7 hours, he finally got free. Vami had fallen asleep again and he had finished his workout and stuff. He made himself some green tea and sat on the couch, with his phone in his hand.

He opened it to see literally 500K+ questions on his Instagram. The fans had asked all sorts of questions, about anything and everything. Virat skimmed through some of the questions picking up a few and answering them.

And there was one question that caught his eyes. A question about his bond with Mahi bhai.

How the hell will I answer in two words?! I need minimum 200 words, thought Virat.

How to describe a bond that has grown over 12 long years?! Right from 2008, now it's 2021 and still it is growing and growing. How to describe it, that too in two words? Virat didn't know. 

All these thoughts took him back to the days when the feeling of undying love, respect, faith and trust towards Mahi Bhai was first instilled in his heart for forever, pushing him into a series of thoughts.

India tour of Sri Lanka, August 2008

Being a debutant, the mind of the 19 year old Virat was running all around. It was his debut series for India. His call-up was a surprise call-up as defined by almost everyone even he himself. He didn't expect a call-up after playing only eight List-A matches. But nevertheless he was there and he had to prove himself.

He was hell nervous but his captain, Mahi bhai had calmed him down. He had had a one to one with him, and that gave him confidence to move forward positively. Mahi saw a very able potential player in Virat when he saw him knocking in the nets for first time. He had decided then and there, that he will make Virat a match winner. 

Virat got included in playing XI of the first ODI as an opener as the regular ones, Sachin and Sehwag were injured. His debut score was 12(22), pretty under average. 

That called back all the negative thoughts and what if's back in his mind. He was sure that he will be out in the next match for good. But that didn't happen. Mahi bhai consoled him yet again, and he was included in the next matches also. 

In the fourth ODI, after scoring 37 and 25 in the previous matches, Virat finally scored his debut half century, that too in a winning cause. He was elated. Everyone congratulated him but he went around searching for that one person who had trusted his abilities over his numbers. 

The man who became "Mahi Bhai" from "Captain MS Dhoni" in a few days. Virat's mind and heart was not satisfied till Mahi ruffled his hair and hugged him and said, "Well done Cheeku, I'm proud of you". Virat felt the warmth of pride in the hug. 

Virat didn't know when from his captain, Mahi bhai became his go-to person. Everytime he faced an issue, however small it maybe, he found himself in front of Mahi Bhai. 

2014. A forgettable phase for both Mahi and Virat. After the defeat in the T20 WC, followed by Mahi's test retirement and Virat's poor form in England, their bond was tested here. But they stood strong, the bond did get strained a bit but both of them worked and smoothened it to the core. But that phase taught them how important they are to each other. How they can't live without each other's presence. 

Cut to 2017. MSD hands over the full captaincy to Virat Kohli. Virat himself didn't know whether he is capable of being a captain or not. He didn't want to at any cost spoil the team so tirelessly brought up by Mahi Bhai. 

But it was Mahi bhai again who helped him gather himself, boosted his confidence to thrive the role of an international captain. 

In the matches that followed, the whole world saw the amount of mutual trust that they had. Sometimes, Virat would go by his own instincts but as and when Mahi suggested something Virat made sure it's implemented without a doubt. 

After the Champions trophy loss in 2017, it was Mahi again who stood beside Virat. After the defeat, Mahi saw Virat laughing with the Pakistani players, The whole world saw the smile but Mahi saw through that smile which hid the pain of a loss to the arch rivals in a final. 

Mahi wanted to go to his little brother, and hide him in his embrace, But he couldn't do that until late in the night. 

Mahi watched as Virat spent time with Jassi, Hardik and the others consoling them, boosting them and motivating them. How can he forget his kids? Virat kept his kids above his own pain just like Mahi. 

Late in the night, after making every kid of his fall asleep, Virat defeatedly returned to his room only to find his Mahi Bhai waiting for him. At that moment, Virat couldn't control his emotions anymore. 

Virat bolted towards Mahi bhai's open arms and hid himself in them, from the whole world. He cried out his heart and Mahi let him cry. 

And then he said something that Virat vowed to remember for the rest of his life. "This is the harsh reality of life Cheeku. Everything will not go in your way always. There will be times you would feel that everything is going wrong. But with time, you will realize that those bad times made you into an even better individual. You can rise above this Cheeku, just try. And I will always be beside you supporting you", said Mahi, cupping Virat's face. 

And true to his word, Mahi remained as a backbone to him always. Even after leaving cricket, Mahi remained as Virat's go-to person, his support system, his protective elder brother, his Mahi Bhai.

Virat came out of his thoughts with that. He realized that after 12 long years, so many things has changed. But the mutual love, trust and respect remained constant.

So Virat settled with the two words, "Trust, respect", to answer that question. Those two words had millions of emotions hidden in them. 

After all, MahiRat cannot be defined, it needs to be felt from within!!

______________________

This is what I had written for the OS competition held by awesomeshivu 

Hope you all like it!!!!!!

Love
Jiya💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 1K 15
Random bl oneshots on ICT's most underrated couple RohitxVirat. T- Rohit B- Virat You can request any oneshot you want to read on themโค๏ธ *THIS FF IS...
52.3K 4.1K 49
๐Ÿ’Œ*A Bunch of one shots about Ro and his safe space (Mostly contains Rohirat, Mahiro, Rohika etc)๐Ÿ’Œ
18.7K 960 23
Because we all need a Rohul story. I am planning to write one or two shot stories. I know my English is a mess.. Sorry ๐Ÿซฃ
28.1K 1.8K 19
One shots on our beloved ICT family. The players share such great bond with each other that it won't do justice if I write on just one of them. Prese...