My Tearsoaked Heart

By Marystar1212

Rose Fern is only 17 and feels as if she is one of the happiest people on the Earth. Her life is perfect. Fu... More

My Tearsoaked Heart *{1}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{2}* (Picture of Rose)
My Tearsoaked Heart *{3}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{4}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{5}* (Picture of Matthew)
My Tearsoaked Heart *{6}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{7}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{8}* (Picture of Ace)
My Tearsoaked Heart *{9}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{10}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{11}* (Picture of Lisa)
My Tearsoaked Heart *{12}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{13}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{14}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{15}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{16}* (Picture of Ashton)
My Tearsoaked Heart *{17}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{18}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{19}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{20}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{21}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{22}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{23}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{24}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{25}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{26}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{27}* (Picture of Jeremy)
My Tearsoaked Heart *{28}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{29}* - Part 1
My Tearsoaked Heart *{29}* - Part 2
My Tearsoaked Heart *{30}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{31}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{32}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{33}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{34}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{35}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{36}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{37}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{38}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{39}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{40}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{41}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{42}* - Part 1
My Tearsoaked Heart *{42}* - Part 2
My Tearsoaked Heart *{43}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{44}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{45}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{46}*
My Tearsoaked Heart *{47}*

My Tearsoaked Heart *{48}*

389 22 5
By Marystar1212

RECAP:

“And so he appears. We were just talking about you Matthew. Glad you could join us during such a memorable story!” he spoke and I pushed the gun further into his scalp.

“You killed my parents,” I muttered, my voice low and deathly which even if he was affected by he did a good job of not showing it.

“Mmm, I’m sorry for that ma boy, you lot were just there at the wrong time.”

“Give me ONE good reason I shouldn’t just kill you right now.”

He chuckled and that just fueled my anger that much more.
“Well, there are let’s see…one, two, three no four good reasons as four guns are pointed at you right now. I’d suggest you lower the gun Matthew.”

It was my turn to laugh. “I don’t mind death as long as I kill you first.”

“Boss?” Daniel questioned worriedly as if waiting permission to shoot me.

The man only raised a hand. “I need him alive. Now Mathew…,” he started, spinning around so that my gun was directly against his forehead. He was not too old, in his forties most likely, brown hair that was neatly combed and dark brown eyes that appeared almost black. He looked like a completely different person from that night, like he had never even heard of the word prison.

“If you kill me now I’m pretty sure one of my men is going to send a bullet through pretty little Rose’s head.”

My eyes widened at his words and I spared her a single glance, eyeing up her battered body and slumped posture. I could only catch a glimpse of the tears and regret in her eyes before she dropped her head, making me tighten my hand around the gun handle.

“Make your choice, boy.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                           ~ { Chapter 48 } ~

My hand clutched the cold metal so tightly I began to feel it dig harshly into my skin.

One press. That’s all it would take to finish off this disgusting piece of filth. He would never be able to hurt anyone again. No one would die from his treacherous hands.

No one… I muttered in my head as I glanced over to Rose whose eyes drifted open and close, her body a sickening white and fresh tears leaving her eyes.

Even all this wasn’t enough to steer me away from murdering the man who killed not only mine but Rose’s family as well.

However, knowing one moment is all it would take, staring into her hazel hooded eyes glossed over with pain-filled tears loosened my hold on the gun.

“R-Run…Matthew…,” she muttered, her head dropping and I clenched my teeth, my head throbbing from the confused thoughts. I didn’t even know her yet…one look at her had every revengeful thought I dreamed of for the past six years drifting away.

Letting out a low growl I threw the gun to the floor, a heavy glare touching my eyes as I stared at the murderer who only smirked at my agony.

“Tie him up, he’s tamed. Nick will be here shortly, I’m sure Matthew here ordered him and the police to come within the next thirty minutes,” he announced, his knowing eyes meeting mine but I just glared, hiding my surprise.

“But in the case I’m wrong and you followed my direct orders of coming alone, I’ll reward you by keeping sweet Rose here alive,” he ran the back of his hand down the side of her face and I immediately snapped forward, slapping his hand roughly away from her skin.

I wasn’t expecting what happened next. Suddenly my hand was grabbed and I was spun swiftly on the spot before it was behind my back and I was pushed to the floor by my wrist. Pain spread quickly throughout my shoulder and wrists as he placed his foot against my spine with my hand raised in the air.

I was shocked. It all happened within half a second despite him being a much older man.

“Now now Matthew, didn’t you learn in preschool to keep your hands to yourself?” I heard him chuckle as he ordered the men again to hurry up and retrieve a chair.

I didn’t dare move, knowing he could snap my wrist in a bare moment. Anger filled me at how weak I felt, on the floor and at the feet of Rose who I was supposed to save. I didn’t know her yet a wave of embarrassment and guilt entered me like I had just led an army to their deaths.

Hesitating I twisted my head slightly to glance up at her yet I wish I hadn’t.

The girl who was bleeding herself had tears flowing from her eyes at the sight of me, mouthing ‘are you okay?’

I didn’t answer her but in my head I knew the answer. I wasn’t in pain from his weak touch. No, the sight of a girl who I forgot, battered and bleeding, made a shoot of pain pierce through my heart.

Disconnecting my eyes from her I turned away only to be freed and suddenly hulled up by two sets of hands and thrown into a chair beside her. I struggled against them, thrashing as they attempted to tie me up however faltered in my aims of freeing myself when they lashed a hearty punch into my stomach.

A gasp left my lips and I growled at them as my hands were quickly tied together at my moment’s pain. They took the other gun I had at my belt as well as the smoke grenade before they tied me to the chair.

I watched as the man took out a cell phone, dialling a number and pressing the speaker button as the ringing sounds echoed throughout the church.

After only two rings it was picked up and I noticed the voice immediately.

“Hello? Who is this?”

Nick.

“Why hello Nicholas, it’s been so long since I’ve spoken to you…ha what are we kidding, it only took me three months this time.”

“Jamiel! They had told me you had escaped you sick bastard. Where is my son?!” Nick shouted into the phone and for a moment I was fazed by the mention of being called his son. Despite how horrible I treated him, Nick has always tried his best to fit into my father’s shoes. I guess it’s too late to realise it.

“Uh, uh uh, temper temper. Your son is perfectly fine… for now. Say hello Matthew.”

“Nick! He’s using me as bait! Don’t come near here, call the---,” I was immediately muted by the rough tying of fabric across my mouth and I cussed into the dusty cloth.

“Jamiel I swear when I catch you again, I’m going to make sure you die in a prison cell!”

“Now Nickolas, empty threats won’t change a thing. You’ve already sentenced me three times and you can’t seem to keep me in a prison. Maybe if you hand yourself to me I’ll change into a better man, what do you say?”

“If you hurt Matthew or Rose I will kill you myself, are we clear?” Nick threatened before hanging up and Jamiel laughed at the phone.

“Always the dramatic one,” he smirked, shaking his head before slipping the phone into his pocket.

I didn’t respond at all, only glaring at him while I worked at the knots at my wrist behind my back. Daniel had done a lousy job, as I was able to loosen it with a few hard yanks. The strings were long enough for me to just reach the knot with the tips of my fingers, slowly undoing them.

Suddenly one, two gunshots went off from the front of the church, catching everyone’s attention and causing the men to prepare their guns.

Jamiel pointed at three of the men and directed them towards the gun sounds, leaving us alone with only him and the one named Daniel.

“So you brought company? That was a stupid decision Matthew.”

He took a step towards us when shouting came from the front of the church and a burning smell met my senses.

Panic spread through me but I shoved it to the back of my mind, focusing on untying the knot.

“Boss!” a man called, running in while more gunshots were heard.

“A boy is here, he started a fire in the field.”

Jamiel clenched his teeth, a sudden anger crossing his features.

“How far is the fire from us?”

“Just around the back sir, we have to leave,” he responded, looking nervous as gunshots continued outside and the burnt smell of wood started to get stronger.

Jamiel cursed. “Why are there still gunshots?! All of you get out and kill him before it attracts too much attention. I’ll finish up here.”

Nodding they all left the church while Jamiel turned to us.

“I’m sorry but it looks like both of you will have to die. I’ll kill Nick along the way. No hard feelings, you just got involved with the wrong bastard is all.”

Pointing the gun at me I clenched my teeth as I finally got my hands free.

“We’ll start with you boy,” he snickered as I quickly reached down to pull the last knife I had at my ankle and rose it high just as he shot the bullet.

Knowing this was the last movement I had I put as much force as I could into throwing the knife at him, closing my eyes and waiting for the bullet to end his life.

One…two moments went by as the booming sound of the bullet resonated through the isles, hearing a body drop to the floor followed by the clanking of wood.

The pain never came and ever so slowly I opened my eyes to a sight I didn’t want to see.

Rose, still in her chair had pushed herself in front of me, a pool of blood beginning to form beneath her from a punctured wound. She had saved me.

“Rose…,” I muttered, shocked as everything else disappeared around me. Going to kneel I was restricted by the ropes at my ankles and I swiftly untied them.

Throwing my chair across the room I kneeled down next to her, my hands quivering.

“R-Rose,” I whispered, my hands hovering over the bullet wound through her left ribs.

My panic increased as the scent of burning wood met my nose and I mentally slapped myself to concentrate.

“Rose, listen to me. Rose!” I said loudly and her eyes opened slightly, meeting mine.

Grabbing her hands I placed them firmly over the wound, making a pained hiss leave her lips.

“I’m sorry but you have to keep the pressure on the wound. Hard, I’m going to take you outside okay?”

She didn’t respond but did as I asked before I scooped my arms under her and stood up.

I spared a quick glance at Jamiel who seemed unconscious, bending slightly to pick up his gun before I left the church.

Just as I exited the doors a strong force slapped against my back, pain burning through my spine as I was thrown forward. My heart faltered as Rose slipped from my arms to the floor with a rough thud, the gun leaving with her.

Dismissing her for a moment I quickly spun, facing one of the men with a large plank of wood in his hands. Just as he went to raise it again I quickly ducked before sliding my foot against his legs and causing him to fall. It only took me another moment before I had thrown a heavy punch against his head, causing him to black out.

Footsteps alerted me of more people and just as I stood I spotted a fist flying towards me.

“I’m going to send all of you,” I started to say, curving my arm I redirected his hand before throwing a hook with my spare hand and sending him to the side, “to jail.”

A bang suddenly went off, my eyes snapping up just in time to spot the third man holding a gun in my direction.

Acting quickly I ducked as a second bullet went off, ducking my head as I rolled and knelt by Rose. Picking up the gun I had dropped I swiftly pointed it up, shooting it twice and watching the man faltering before he dropped to the ground.

Two more.

Scanning my eyes quickly I didn’t find the other two men, taking the chance to check on Rose.

“Hey, wake up Rose. Keep your eyes open,” I told her, tapping her face lightly.

Slowly I was met with a pair of deep hazel eyes, faltering at the sight for a moment.

“T-T…take care of him,” she stuttered, blood beginning to slowly drip from the corner of her mouth.

“Who? No it doesn’t matter, I’m going to pick you up again,” I rushed but she stopped me by grabbing my arm.

“You. Don’t hurt Matthew,” she said quietly which only confused me.

“The future you. If he re-…remembers me, tell him I love him.”

I clenched my teeth.

“You’re not going anywhere. You can tell me yourself when I remember!” I shouted at her and she smiled weakly.

Seeing movement in the corner of my eye I snapped around just in time to see the third man with a gun pointed in our direction.

Cursing I moved in front of Rose just in time, hearing his trigger go off and an excruciating pain piercing through my lower back.

“M-Matthew!” she coughed, trying to sit up but she only fell back to the ground, clutching her side.

Clenching my teeth harshly I didn’t falter to swing my arm around, taking the one second time left I had to make a shot, feeling the gun judder in my hand as I pulled the trigger.

Watching him fall to the ground with an agonised cry, I found I had shot him towards the stomach, satisfied that will keep him down.

Suddenly I heard more rapid footsteps and I redirected my gun to the side of the church. Preparing my finger on the trigger I waited for their appearance, breathing in a sigh of relief when I spotted Ashton running towards us.

“Matthew! Shoot, shoot him!” he started shouting and I was confused to who until I saw Daniel’s head pop out from the corner.

“Move then you dumbass!” I yelled, aiming before feeling the gun recoil in my hand.

A loud scream left Daniel’s mouth as his leg was knocked out beneath him, dropping to the ground.

“Move and I’ll shoot you in the head this time,” I shouted from my spot on the ground and he froze as Ashton made his way back over to him to take away the gun he had. I watched as Ashton effectively punched the guy up a few times before he fell to the ground unconscious as well.

“That’s for molesting Rose you disgusting prick,” he literally spat at Daniel’s motionless body, kicking him once in the side.

“Do it do this guy here to,” I told Ashton, pointing to the guy that I had shot in the stomach and he nodded.

Twisting back to face Rose I hissed, the pain burning but bearable. I felt the blood at my back start to stick at my shirt and I held in the pain, not needing to let her know how much it hurt.

“Ashton is going to take care of you okay?” I told her quickly but her eyes were full of panic.

“Y-You’re hurt.”

I shook my head. “Don’t talk, I’m fine, it’s just a scrap. I need to finish this, Nick will be here soon.”

Just on cue the dim sound of police alarms entered my hearing and I moved the hair from her face and behind her ear. She needed medical help now. The more she coughed the more blood left her lips.

She shook her head roughly, grabbing my hand tightly that was cupping her face.

“Don’t go,” she begged, tears filling her eyes and I closed mine for a moment, not wanting to see the sight.

Leaning down I quickly kissed her forehead before removing her desperate hold on my hand.

“I’ll be back. Ashton!” I shouted the last part, standing up and finding him coming towards us.

“Nick is coming, get the police to rush her back to the hospital.”

“Matthew, you need to go to the hospital too, you’re wounded as well!” His eyes were stern as he grabbed my arm but it didn’t faze me.

“That murderer needs to be punished once and for all. Your job is to take care of her,” I replied, gripping his hand momentarily before removing it.

Quickly I ran back into the burning church, each step harder than the next. The only thing that kept me going was the image of that man in cuffs… or preferably dead.

The church within those few minutes was already well on lit. Red and yellow flames tore at the building and I hesitated at the entrance that was already half on fire.

Throwing away all my fear I dove into the building, not sparing a single moment as I ran down the isle of the church. My heart jumped as wooden panels dropped from the ceiling and in front of me and I quickly dodged them, ignoring the excruciating pain in my back.

I had one goal and I would finish it today.

I coughed harshly, the thick smoke filling my lungs with a dry charcoal gust. Reaching the end of the isle I scanned for his body that should be here. I had thrown the knife at him, he should be lying here half dying.

Just then a round muzzle was pressed against my back and I froze over.

“You think throwing a little knife at me would take me out Matthew?” Jamiel spoke from behind me and I watched as he threw the knife in front of us, covered in blood.

“Turn around,” I did as he said, slowly turning but just as his face came into view I quickly back slapped his hand, causing his gun to go flying from his hand.

He was ready for my second fist however as he easily blocked it and gave me a swift punch to the side of my head.

My head throbbed violently as I quickly balanced myself, blocking another punch as well as a kick.

“You’re---better than I thought!” he commented, throwing hook punch which I blocked but I wasn’t ready for the uppercut he threw at me.

Within a second I was on the ground, feeling the bruise already forming against my jawbone.

Coughing racked through my system as the smoke grew thick by the minute. Constant pillars were dropping from the ceiling and I knew if I was going to do something I would have to do it now.

“You’re a bit of a disappointment Matthew. Went down with two punches,” he commented but I knew he was struggling to breathe too. Especially with all the blood he was loosing from the knife wound.

Picking up the gun he dropped I tried to get up but the ache in my back was beginning to burn to the point I felt paralysed.

“This time I won’t let you live,” he pointed the gun at my head.

“Why did you let me live? Why didn’t you kill me with my parents?” If I was going to die I at least wanted to know that much.

He hesitated, watching me before scoffing.

“I like a man who puts on a brave face and fights for what he wants. You tried to protect your parents, thought that was heroic of you. Thought maybe I’d come and find you when you grew up but looking at you now…,” he clicked his tongue, “such a disappointment.”

I shrugged. “I’m sorry to let you down but the only reason I would ever want to see your face again is to punch it a million times!” I shouted, hastily sliding my leg at his ankles and knocking him off his feet.

Again from surprise the gun dropped from his face and I took the chance to roll and swing my leg over his torso, quickly raising my fist and bringing it across his face.

“This is for my mother!” I shouted, smashing a second fist into his face.

“This… is for my father!”

Hearing him grunt from my fists I swatted away his hands that attempted to cover his face before unloading a heavy punch.

“And this! This is for making me forget Rose!” With one last punch across his cheeks I cringed as his head smashed into the wooden floor, seeing a slight trail of blood begin to form. I definitely broke one of his bones.

“Goodnight asshole,” I muttered, getting off him slowly as I felt his body go lifeless.

A large crash behind me alerted my attention as I spotted one of the major roof pillars collapse near the entrance.

Cussing I slowly stood, hissing painfully and feeling the blood begin to soak down my pants.

As much as I hate this guy I couldn’t kill him. I wouldn’t reduce myself to be a murderer.

The sight of large flames hovering at all the edges of the church sent me into panic. It didn’t help that the grey clouds of smoke filled the air, worsening my vision.

Spotting a window towards the back of the church I picked up a piece of wood from Rose’s broken chair and dragged his body towards it as quickly as I could, my strength weakening with every step.

The fire grew, the heat increasing and my eyes slowly began to droop at the lack of clean air. Rough coughs left my body and my tongue became dry.

Dropping him to the ground I threw the wood piece through the window, ducking my head as it shattered into hundreds of pieces. Using my foot I removed all the sharp edges of the glass, jumping back as the fire almost began to crawl up the window like vines.

Breathing in was a mistake as I picked him up, filling my lungs with the dusty air just as I pushed him through the window.

Like a drug had taken over me my head became dizzy, my eyes seeing nothing but a blur as I drifted to the side and fell to the floor.

Forcing myself to sit up I watched as the flames enveloped the window, coming closer to me and I weakly pushed myself off the floor and up onto the alter stage to avoid the flames.

Attempting to make my way to our secret exit I tripped only metres away, falling again onto the cold wooden floor.

Coughing ruthlessly I laid down on my back, loving the cool feeling against the bullet wound that was burning against my skin.

I couldn’t move anymore. Opening my eyes I saw the cross hanging from the ceiling and I closed my eyes.

If I was going to die at least it would be in a church.

Rose, Ashton and Nick, they were all safe. That was good enough for me. It was good enough that my parents could now rest in peace.

Only thing I didn’t fix was my memory.

Sorry…Rose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just gotta say... i really am horrible at actions scenes. I apologise haha
Also this chapter was very roughly edited so I'm sorry for any major mistakes.

Hope you liked the chapter! This story is going to end soon :) (finally cough cough)
Probably in 2-3 chapters.

Love you guys.

Comment; vote; fan; bubbles :D

- mary

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.6K 3.8K 51
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
BLUE BLOOD By ec

Teen Fiction

362K 13.7K 63
Anybody who is a somebody knows that the blue-blooded heirs of Queens Erlington Academy keep secrets. Never fall in love with a blue blood or you'll...
16.5M 641K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
1.7M 33.9K 48
Bella is a shy girl, but when you get to know her she's outgoing. When she was 5 something tragic happened to cause her to be the sheltered girl that...