The Royal Arrangement

By anamika200

Jai Singh Rathore is the prince of Ajmer. Even though the monarchy is no longer at play in India, Royalties d... More

Brief Background
Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2: Who is she?
Chapter 3: Again So Soon!?
Chapter 4: Clumsiness and Cuteness Together is a Killer
Chapter 5: No More Embarrassment Please
Chapter 6: Start of Something New
Chapter 7: Talk about exiting in all Swag
Chapter 8: She swagged off
Note
Chapter 9: He is such a big...
Chapter 10: Forgive Me
Chapter 11: In for a Surprise
Chapter 12: What are you?
Chapter 13: Best Sleep Ever
Chapter 14: Keep Your Hands Off
Chapter 15: I am not jealous
Chapter 16: The Dress
Chapter 17: One Step Closer
Chapter 18: Fiancee?!
Chapter 19: You are the one for me
Chapter 20: All over the place
#IMPORTANT#
Chapter 21: Remember this Universal Formula
Chapter 22: Permission!
Chapter 23: Inappropriate Suitors
Chapter 24: Back Home
Note
Chapter 25: Another Party, Another Suitor
Chapter 26: This is it
Chapter 28: Eating and Teasing
Chapter 29: Tricks and Treats
Chapter 30: First Date with Miss Sarcastic
Chapter 31: The Day of the Engagement
Chapter 32: The Surprise
Chapter 33: Midnight Conversations
Chapter 34: My Lioness!
Chapter 35: Surprise Meeting
Chapter 36: Knocked Off
Chapter 37: Oh Boy!
Chapter 38: The Marriage
Chapter 39: Post Wedding Rituals
Chapter 40: Sassy Mornings
Chapter 41: First Fight
Chapter 42: Marital Bliss
Chapter 43: First move
Chapter 44: I Like You Too
Chapter 45: Celebrations
Chapter 46: I Love You
Chapter 47: Revelations, Hurt and Confessions
Chapter 48: Rendezvous
Chapter 49: Love & Jealousy
Chapter 50: This is it
Epilogue
#Maira's Pregnancy Bonus#
New Story Announcement
COMPLETED

Chapter 27: New Day, New Beginnings

6.2K 235 15
By anamika200

Jai's POV:

Honestly, I haven't been this worried even for my boards results as much as I am for their decision. I woke up early today due to all the anxiety that has been built up from last night. Well, for waking up I needed to sleep, but I couldn't sleep only. I just hope Maira is ready to give me a chance, to take a chance on us. I knew there were many things we didn't know about one another and things we both wanted to talk about with one another but we will have ample amount of time to do that. For now I just want a reassurance that she is not going anywhere.

I was in my home gym working out, trying to ease myself of the nerves that have gotten into me from the moment I have left Maria's house last night. I don't know why I am feeling like this, this isn't the first time I was meeting a girl for marriage.

But this is the first time you want her to say yes badly and not the the other way around.

That's true. I know I am over-working myself but at this point I couldn't care less. I decide that instead of facing a muscle tear, it is better to go and get some work done at the hotel.

I went to take a shower and got ready for office. I was on my way to office when I received a call from mom.

"Did they call?"

"You do realise it is very early for people to be calling each other, right?" I hear her say in an amused voice.

I looked at the time in my watch and realised it's barely 9 in the morning.

"Ohh...Why did you call?"

"To ask you, why you didn't have your breakfast but let it be now since I already know the answer. My baby's nerves are all shot up in anticipation...awww."

"Mom, please don't tease me, not right now. I feel like I'll cry if I don't get to know their decision soon."

"Awwww, you are so whipped...what will happen once you are married to her."

"It's not like that..." I don't even know why I said that to mom, knowing her I am not gonna hear the end of it.

"It's just I am worried what if she says no. Maira is the first girl I really like and I don't want to let her go."

"Jai, you cannot force someone to be with you. If Maira doesn't say yes, you'll have to realise that maybe she doesn't feel the same way or maybe she needs more time."

"I know mom, I know. I need to go, I almost reached the hotel. Bye." I kept the phone a but frustrated by my mom's pessimism.

I go inside my office and decide that it's better not to think about anything and focus on work. So, being the workaholic that I am, soon I am engrossed in looking at some statements and contacting various departments regarding updates and I do not even realise that it's already almost 6.

I have somehow stopped my mind from wandering the unwanted territories but somehow I reach the borders of those territories before having to retrieve since I know it's no good. I stop myself from thinking what I will do if Maira says no but somewhere deep down I know if Maira says no I would wanna try once more time to understand her reason and reservations before I give up on her just yet.

I did not receive any calls from home which I don't know if is a good thing or bad. I mean obviously, Mr. Kapoor will call dad to inform about their decision and dad would call me immediately, right? What if he isn't calling me because...no, no don't think negative. Have hope. I saw a glimmer in Maira's eyes yesterday which was something new to me and I know even she felt something between us whether she wants to accept or not.

What if it is all a figment of your imagination?

Ughhh...I need to leave. I will reach home and see what to do then. Atleast I will come to know what my fate holds for me today. I will probably become sane again once I know what they have decided.

I leave my office and proceed towards home. In about less than an hour I reach home and am welcomed by my entire family sitting in the drawing room, even dadu which is strange seeing he would be in his room ever since his operation.

My nerves start to shoot up again but I try to calm myself. I embrace myself and prepare myself to hear the worst possible news that I can.

"Jai, come sit here, we want to talk to you about something."

"Yes, dad?"

"Jai, are you sure about Maira?"

"Dad why are you asking me this right now...I mean after all this?"

"That's because I want to know that you for sure know that this is what you want. It's not late and we still have the option of..."

I decide to interrupt him before he can even complete his sentence.

"Dad, please I am very sure of my decision. The only way that my decision might change is if Maira is not happy with this...or you guys are not okay. You guys are happy with this relation though, right?" I just wanted to hear a yes from my parents. I mean if they had any objections they would have already been out in the open about it.

"Well then, I guess you are getting married to Ms. Maira Kapoor." The sombre and dull voice of my dad reached my ears and I cannot believe it. I mean if they didn't like Maira, they shou-

Wait, what?!

"What?"

"What, what?"

"Dad, what did you say right now?"

"Well, you future father-in-law called and said that it's a yes from their side and we also didn't waste anytime in giving our assent, so..." Before dad can say anything I jump from my place and give him a tight hug.

After taking blessings from my grandparents and hugging my parents and sister, I returned to my seat.

"So, what were all the questions about?" I am confused.

"Ohhh, those were nothing just my way of giving you the message." My dad says proudly.

"You do realise I had a heart attack, almost."

"Well you didn't. So, all is well that ends well."

"When did you come to know of this and why did no one inform me earlier?"

"Chill, bro we got to know of it free minutes before you came looking all nervous." Dia interjects.

"I was not nervous."

"Ohhh you were."

"No, I was not."

"Yes, you were and guess what I will tell bhabhi (brother's wife) about it. Just wait."

"You won't."

"Watch me."

"I will kill you Dia."

She shows me her tongue before running and I am on my feet to chase her when I hear my mom calling my name.

"Jai, let her be. Come and sit here, I need to talk to you." By now everyone has left for their respective rooms except mom and I. Well, Dia is somewhere in hiding but she'll be fine.

"Yes, mom?"

"Look Jai, I want you to understand that marriage is a big thing. A girl leaves her family, uproots her entire life for you, who is practically a stranger to her. I am not saying you won't look after her or care for her...all I am saying is always appreciate things that she does for you or your family, before arguing try and understand things from her point of view. I don't know Maira very well but from what I know is she is a reserved nature person, for her to open up it will take time but never force her, make her so comfortable with you that she opens up to you. You both are bound to make mistakes when you take a step forward in this new territory but together you both can overcome anything. Take each day as a new chapter in life and each mistake a new moral and I can assure you, life may not be smooth but it won't be terrible if you both have each other's back."

"Mom you are happy, right? I mean I know Maira isn't your choice-"

"Jai, I am happy as long as you are happy, I don't care whether Maira was chosen by me or not. All I know is that you like her and that is enough for me to like her."

"Thanks mom."

Saying this I left and went to my room. I was still in disbelief. Maira said yes. It all sounds so surreal. I know with Maira I need to take things slow. She might not be very vocal about her thoughts, unless they are sarcasm, but I will try and give words even to her silence.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Maira's POV:

I haven't been this tensed since I gave my bar exams but then this is no less than an exam. I mean I kinda know the decision but I am still terrified and it's weird but I don't know...

I mean it was him who said yes but not his family. I hope that his yes meant his family's yes because I wouldn't want to be married off to someone who married me against his family wishes. I am supposed to reside with them and I would not want any hostility between any of us.

Urghhh... I shouldn't bother myself just yet. I need to focus on my new office and new responsibilities that come with it.

I remove my comforter and decide to get ready for another milestone in my life. I am feeling very positive today and the reason is unknown to me. Positive as in very energetic and kinda in a happy mood. Maybe because my achievement now feels more real.

I take a warm shower, really excited for the approaching winters. I love winter season being all huddled and bundled up under the winter wears not having to be worried about clothes, since you can wear anything beneath same overcoat or sweater. Ahh...what fun not having to care about how you look.

I pack my bag, thinking of all the things I might need today. I hurriedly exit my room to have something before leaving. It's just 8:30 right now, so I know I am early only, but I would want to reach the office before everyone else does. Not like there will be many people, since its the new office and we are still recruiting, but I would want to make myself familiar with things before people come barging in.

Since, I was back to living with my parents for the time being, I had a car and chauffeur assigned to me and couldn't take public transport slightly to my dismay.

I reached the tall building where my new office awaits my arrival. I went inside the building and pressed 15th floor. The building had 20 floors, the fourteenth and fifteenth were for all the associates and partners while thirteenth encompassed the IT department and twelfth, the finance and HR departments. So basically 4 floors were just for my law firm while others had some other corporate offices about which I couldn't care less.

I exited the elevator, and made my way to the office. I stopped outside the wooden door which had my name carved to it.
"Maira Kapoor, Senior Partner"

I was so elated to see the second part that I couldn't stop smiling. Just so you know, it's a huge deal to be a senior partner in a law firm that too at such a young age. I entered my office and looked around to watch the beautiful landscape outside the huge glasses that were there on the opposite side of the door. The dark wood mahogany table was placed before it along with same coloured huge comfy chair. I made my way to the chair and sat in it, enjoying the newly earned position. I swirled around in my chair before looking around to see a bookshelf, on the wall adjacent to the glass window, with various books in it, a couch placed next to it. The office was very huge and thankfully, this one did not have any glass gates, giving me more privacy than my earliest cabin. Though one entire wall was of glass, I didn't mind it because it showcased the best landscape I could have asked for and did not intrude my privacy.

I had so many things to do. I went to my diary and wrote the things I had to do and anything else that I wanted to write before closing it and starting the work. Before I could have realised, it was 7 at night and I needed to leave.

I made my way back home, too tired and exhausted but nonetheless happy with the progress I made today. This day couldn't have gone any better. I made a mental note of things I needed to do tomorrow. I will have to go to office pretty early tomorrow I realise but in all honesty, I don't mind. Going by this speed we will be a proper functioning law firm within six months. As of now we have just shifted the clients from main office to this office based on their locations but soon we should be good to hire more lawyers and innuendo, have more clients.

I cannot wait for this law firm to go to new heights and contributing in it. Ever since graduating law school, all I wanted was to become a senior associate in a law firm and I cannot be any happier now that I have achieved it. It gave me a sense of satisfaction knowing that today I made my parents proud because today, I made myself proud of what I have.

I entred the house it was already dinner time but not wanting to eat anything, I just went to bed and didn't even bother changing before going to sleep.

__________________________________________

Hey guys!

Here's the update. Hope you guys like it.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 3K 39
|| Heritage Series - Book 1|| Mr Aditya Singh Rathore , A Crowned Prince and a Successful Businessman of Udaipur , Workaholic, Grumpy , possessive...
676K 32.6K 65
Everyone deserves second chances, but not for the same mistakes ofcourse. How much it sucks when you know you should let go, but you can't because so...
3M 152K 51
A hearty "Padharo Mhare Des!" to all you wonderful readers, Meet our protagonist, Ruhaan Singh Rajvansh, our dashing Raana sa with a heart that echoe...
56.7K 3.4K 37
𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐇𝐈 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐋♡ Bow to the Queen Before Speaking ~ A Beauty with Brain, Sassy Attitude with a Kind & Unique Personality. At just the age...