ALONE [JJK]

By StupidButCute00

"Your eyes are like smoke: gray and full of heat." His own eyes dipped into yours, his arms only slightly loo... More

Prologue
Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
IMPORTANT
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty - Four
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty - Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty - Eight
Chapter Thirty - Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty - Two
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty - Four
Chapter Forty - Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty - Seven
Chapter Forty - Eight
Chapter Forty - Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two -Part 01-
Chapter Fifty Two -Part 02-
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-nine

Chapter Twenty

3.3K 242 61
By StupidButCute00

"And where is this husband of yours?" You stared at her carefully, waiting for her to lie or do anything suspicious. You felt Jungkook and Mingyu also paying attention. 

"He went to the supermarket," the lady answered but before she could say anything you asked your second question.

"Was he with you in the Philippines?" 

"Yeah, we went to visit our daughter in Manila. She is married there and just had a son!" The woman's whole face lit up at the thoughts of her grandson, she sighed, "I wish she married from here, at least I can see her any ti-- ........... B-but, how did you know we weren't in the country, young lady? I don't think I mentioned that." Her eyes went wide.

Jungkook and the young officer turned to look at you as well, confused at your question. 

You folded your hands in your lap, watched the woman for a second then glanced at the suitcases that were placed by the corner, they followed your gaze. "You don't pack that amount of baggage for a local visit." 

"Not that I am surprised or anything, b-but......... how did you know it was the Philippines?" Mingyu asked, his face annoyed you. really. Is it weird for us humans to hate a person from first sight?

"Use your eyes, Officer!...... The suitcases still have the Philippines's airport tags on them, "You rolled your eyes, you understand you were ..... smart..... but when things are that obvious, you get annoyed when they pretend they're shocked. Especially people who supposed to know. 

"Oh!" Jungkook nodded, crossed his legs then looked at the lady, "So..... If your husband was with you, who was here in your house during that time?"

The corner of your mouth quirked up when Jungkook asked the right answer, the lady might suspect something if you were the only one asking, it was true you have the authorities to investigate but you can get in trouble for questioning a possible witness outside of the station. And ........... You don't have a warrant to be inside her house

The woman thought for a second then shook her head, "My other son is in America for two years now, no one also was here for the past three weeks......" 

She didn't lie.

"I see," Jungkook sighed then looked at you, it was now-what kind of look but somehow made you want to smile, he was serious in helping you, and that was a first. 

"Can I take a look at the balcony?" You stood up but stopped when the woman gave you a look.

But Jungkook was quick to make the perfect excuse. "We need to check if there's a possible emergency exit, the last time we had trouble trying to get everyone out!" Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck and smiled at the lady.

Something is off. 

What is it? 

"Ah...... that's right, I have seen things like that on TV." She clapped her hands remembering, she stood up, "It will be nice if you can make that for us...." she slowly walked toward her balcony opening it.

You on the other hand stared at the young firefighter again, your eyes blazing. He really is interesting

But.......... why do I feel my subconscious sending me a warning

It's the first time she doesn't speak it directly.

You're challenging me?

Is it about the case?

Or..........

about him?

You looked at him again. What could it be? what you didn't notice is that you gave the man the same look four times now, the action didn't go unnoticed by the man, he smirked and followed the lady.

The hell you smirking about? You rolled your eyes then turned toward Mingyu, "Look around"

When the door of the balcony was opened a white cat jumped on the woman, you flinched for a second before ignoring her and walked into the balcony. You felt uneasy again. As if you were missing something you don't what it was. 

"This is bad!" You mumbled. "Really bad!"

The man heard you, "What is it?" Jungkook leaned closer and whispered so the lady behind you who's playing with her cat won't hear. 

How didn't you notice until now?

"If this is really the place then the bastard is two steps ahead of us!" You breathed, eyes still staring at the view from the window, from here you can see almost half of the city along with the Han river.

The similarities.

"What do you mean?"

"This case is getting more and more familiar." You turned to him, Jungkook swallowed when he recognized the look in your eyes, it was a mixture of anger, fear, and impatient yet he swore he could see a strange excitement on your face, but when you bite your lips and your hands turned into fists he knew anger was taking over every other emotion, "Three years ago in Berlin, a man lived near The Spree River. He kidnapped three girls aged, 21, 18, and 15 ...... One by one, he also used to call the police and challenge them ...... takes a girl every time the police discover a body." 

"That's terrible" Jungkook let out a harsh breath, his eyes slightly went round when he remembered what you said, "What did you mean by getting similar?"

"From his window, the man could see the victims every day making the perfect plan for the kidnapping............" Your eyes focused on a specific building, Jungkook automatically followed your gaze, "That's Sarang's house, she was 21......."

His eyes went wide, "For real?!"

"If this was true and this jerk is a copy-serial killer, he'll think of an 18 years old female........" Your eyes moved to another building.

Jungkook grabbed the fence and his jaw dropped when he recognized the building. "Seoul Girls' high school."  

You nodded, "I said two steps ahead.......... that's only the first one!" You immediately turned around and walked back to the living room. A man was talking to Mingyu now. An old man, you guessed he was the lady's husband. 

"What did you mean?" Jungkook followed you and grabbed your elbow but stopped when he saw you staring at the man.

"Sir, is it true you were in Manila for the past three weeks?" You asked.

"Huh? yes, why would y--."

"Thank you and excuse us....." You slightly bow and walked toward the door, grabbed the handle to open it but then froze. Finally, you figured one of the reasons you were feeling uneasy

"Y/N?" Jungkook called you.

You faced the door for a second then turned slowly toward the couple, your gaze fell on the cat in the woman's arms, "If you two were in Manila for three weeks...... Who was taking care of that." You pointed at the pet. 

"Byul?" The woman looked down and smiled at her cat, "I believe it was Han's friend?"

The man nodded, "Yes, Kyumin was coming here to feed her from time to time."

You walked toward the old man, looked into his eyes, and asked "Is he in his 30s? overweight, unattractive also ........ probably pretty shy and polite?" 

The couple looked at you confused then exchanged looks with each other before the man walked a step forward, "I am sorry young lady, but may I know the reason for your questions?"

Jungkook was about to walk and find an excuse again but you were faster with showing your badge, "Detective Kim Y/N, SPD. This is office Lee Mingyu and... Lieutenant Jeon..... Please answer our questions we're in a middle of an important investigation."

"Oh! police? ..... "

The old man decided to answer."Yes, what you said was true, Kyumin is our son's age ..... 32. He's Han's best friend so it was obvious he'll be polite to us." The man took a pause to breathe, "And he wasn't in a good shape ever since he was you, Is he alright?" 

"Is he our guy? You wrote that on the profiling report this morning" Mingyu asked you. "You also said the man's supposed to have a lot of flexibility in his job otherwise he won't have the time to follow the news and not fear to kidnap."

You glared at the young officer, if a stare could kill the man would be dead now. Mingyu understood your warning. Never discuss a case in front of people ....... especially those related to a suspect. A rule the officer seemed to forget. "I apologize." 

You looked away toward the couple, they heard him. "I wish you'll understand our position here, your son's best friend is our suspect now .......... And ...... for your own safety and your son's, I'd like you to  tell us everything you know about him." Your tone was hard, you didn't want to use the tone but you needed the couple to stay quiet for now. 

The old lady placed the cat down and walked toward you, "Y-yes, Detective Kim....... we'll tell you everyth-"

"Eunha....." Her husband cut her words in a tone of warning.

"No...... I will answer all their questions, what if our Han gets into trouble because of him?" The lady said, "If what the detective woman is saying is true ......... I ..........." 

"Grandma!" Jungkook stepped in and held her hand, "We aren't sure yet, please don't be worried ....... your health is the most important to us now." 

She bites her lips and nods, taking a deep breath as Jungkook walked with her to sit on the sofa. "Do you know where we can find him? his house? work? or anything to contact him?"

"I will give you anything you want." The husband stepped in, "Let her rest, I will write down his address and phone number for you."

"Make it quick, please." You sighed and looked away before Jungkook can glare at you for using that tone.

It's not the time to care for formalities

.

You were the first to walk toward the door followed by the young men. "Would you mind if you drive?" you turned to Jungkook.

"Detective Kim, you know he-"

You glared at Mingyu again, "I need you to contact the station, ask them for every missing person report in the last 24 hours." You ordered the officer and entered the car. 

Jungkook being the cooperative person he was he just walked toward the driver's seat not giving Mingyu the chance to disagree. Jungkook knew he wasn't allowed to drive a car that belongs to SPD, it would have been different if he was an official firefighter for SFD but .......... He wasn't supposed to come with you in the first place. 

Breaking a second rule was worth it at this point. 

"Call your friend." You told Jungkook, fixing your seatbelt.

"Taehyung?"

You nodded, "Yes.....Give him Kyumin's PC cafe's address. He is investigating in Jongno-gu....... he should be closer to the place than us. Tell him to take backup with him." You explained, "I told you earlier that the culprit was two steps ahead..... the first is that he already killed the first girl, the second is .......... he probably took the second,"

"Are you serious?" Mingyu asked from the back, "He didn't call though......." 

"He will," You turned to face him, "That's if I didn't shove his head up his ass before that." 

They were both taken aback by your choice of words but more with the solid sense of confidence that expands within you all of a sudden. 

"I should call." Mingyu took his phone right away, your confidence seemed to be contagious making the young officer feeling braver than he even was. He went from worrying about another girl getting hurt to feeling confident that he was able to save her and put the man in jail. 

Jungkook noticed everything.

"Remember, missing girls reports in Seoul for the last 24 hours ......... the ones already under investigation and the ones in the waiting list." You informed him. The man nodded. 

You turned to Jungkook, "Did you call him?"

"Huh?" He blinked "Y-yeah I am calling...."You watched as he places his phone in the car phone holder putting it on speaker as it rings.

"Start driving, you're heading to Namsan Tower." You informed the man. "It's the only place in the area where he can use the spyglass and not be suspicious." 

"You're saying we're heading to where the man Kyumin is at?" 

"Yes."

Jungkook was about to say something again but the voice from the phone stopped him, "Yo Jungkook.... I working now I will c-"

"Hyung wait it's about your case." 

"The hell do you mean?  I don't have ti-"

"15 Jong-mo, Cheongjin-dong, Jongno-gu........ It's the address of a PC cafe where the suspect might be holding his second victim." Jungkook told him, not waiting to explain more.

"What do you mean? Jungkook what are you saying?

"Hyung, listen to me, Choi Sarang's kidnapper may be holding another girl in his PC Cafe, 15 Jong-mo, Cheongjin-dong, Jongno-gu ........ I am heading to where he might be now, So please take some men with you and check the place out."

"JEON JUNGKOOK. YOU'RE WITH THE CRAZY BITCH, AREN'T YOU?" The man from the other line yelled, "I SWEAR TO G-"

"Yes, he's with the crazy bitch." You interrupted his words, you didn't want to be the one calling him because you knew he won't even pick up nor listen to you. You thought if his friend whom he trusts was telling him he might listen. But guess it's worst. "You're probably recording the call, go to the address he gave you if you don't want to live the rest of your life blaming yourself for a girl's death." You hang-ups, finally taking a breath. 

"That wasn't very nice." Jungkook sighed, he knew his friend was the overthinking type. Your words will bother him and he'll end up checking the place whether he believed you or not.  ............ W-wait...... that was her intention? His heart skipped a beat. 

Just ........ who is she?

"Detective Kim." Mingyu called from the back, "They sent me the list, the names, and the profiles...... three missing person reports on the waiting list."

"Which girl is from Seoul Girls' high school?" You asked even before checking the list.

"The first girl, Min Sora ..... 17 years old. Her parents reported that she didn't come home last night from school, the police are waiting for the 24 hours mark to start the move." The officer read from the laptop that was in the car, in every SPD car they keep laptops for similar situations.

"Fucked up rule." You cursed, taking a deep breath along.

"Damn, so he did take her?" Jungkook tightened his grip on the steering wheel feeling his anger reaching his head. "Shouldn't you call for backup as well?"

"Not until I am sure he's there," you told him. "Just speed up, we don't have time." You sighed.

Suddenly the feeling you usually have when scared something bad will happen and you won't be there to stop made you look at him. Was I wrong when I called him

Even though he was a firefighter he was considered a civilian and I am leading him or a possible armed serial killer

Not will happen, right? You asked her but she just turned around ignoring you. 

Nothing will happen.

To Be Continued...... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 1.2K 24
taehyung finds his mate in some weird arrogant alpha who for no reason stares at him with disgust in his eyes. A mentally tired taehyung with stars...
169K 11.6K 18
A YOONKOOK SHORT STORY! Recently dumped, heartbroken, and unwilling to move on, Yoongi spends his days wallowing in self-pity. He's trying to tell hi...
24.2K 2.3K 37
"He was fire, I was Ice. We were too different, yet we were just the same." - Everything bad was happening to Jin all at once that he was certain he'...
1.4K 773 24
( COMPLETE ) A Bts Jungkook ff ~ "Y/n, we were both caught up in a web of lies. It's natural to feel regret, but thinking about it too much won't cha...