No Regrets - Izuku Midoriya x...

By Charlie_Sielski

What would All Might say about Izuku Midoriya if he knew about this...? "Don't you see where loving him broug... More

Prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII. (Btw happy Earth Day)
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
!Announcement!
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
!Announcement 2!
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL.
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII.
XLIV.
LAST A/N - GOODBYE

XX.

152 14 0
By Charlie_Sielski

I shut my laptop off nervously. Spending 6 hours in front of a screen, with screaming 8-year-olds on the other side was not my ideal beginning of the day. Katsuki had left for work but came back before I ended my classes. This stopped me in my cravings to snoop around - his warning apparently wasn't enough. This was the third day since I haven't seen Izuku and it creeped the fuck out of me. And Mei somehow managed to limit my laptop to fucking Teams use only.

I stretched my arms slowly and cleaned up the desk a bit. I've accepted many facts about my current life, but I could not understand how could Izuku leave me in Katsuki's house when Shoto and Tenya exist? Let alone Ochako and Tsu. But I get thrown in with him. 

I went down the stairs to the living room (where the TV was unplugged, lucky me) and sat down on the sofa. My latest hobby was staring off into nowhere and thinking about the despairs of life. Perfect for being shut in the house with the grumpiest person alive. My eyes wandered around the ceiling for a bit.

"Oi, you're goin' home today. Pack it up", Katsuki suddenly grumbled.

"I'm what?" I screeched, jumping up as if I were on springs. 

He grinned and walked away. 

That means Izuku is all right! 

I was so relieved. It was as if a stone which was pressing on my heart finally fell down. I inhaled quickly. Even that was easier. So there was no reason to worry... I was sure I'd even get a proper explanation of why was all of this happening. Only a person who has really feared for the loved one's life can know how I felt at the moment. It's a palette of emotions between happiness and frustration. Because, when something like this happens to humans, we forget about what really happened and how bad the situation was. Both we and our emotions are fleeting and you don't have to be described as 'moody' to change how you feel instantly. Feeling down can change simply in a notification on your phone. And my notification was the fact I'll finally see Izuku. 

I sprinted up the stairs in a lightning speed and gathered my things into the bag Mei brought. They were all crumpled - but I didn't care. Just as I, literally, threw in my laptop, the doorbell has rang. I straightened up, my heart climbing all the way to my forehead. I even held my breath in order to try and hear what is going on downstairs. Silence. After I heard the doors unlock, nothing. 

Fuck it. 

"Izuku!" I yelled before running down.

"She's been a pain the ass, that's how", I heard Katsuki groan as usually.

I turned the corner and stopped. There he was. Alive and well. Well, his hand was in bandages but that has happened regularly. My eyes tingled as he stared at me. We just stood there as if we see each other for the first time. Maybe we did. Maybe it was the first time we realized just how important we are to each other. 

"Al", he sighed and I ran into his opened arms. "You're safe", he whispered. 

I hugged him and I felt it all go away. Katsuki, his house, the news... everything. All there was - Izuku, his warm and secure hug and me. Yep, you saw it! I realized I matter to myself at least a bit. If I matter to other people enough for them to pull off all this shit, why wouldn't I matter to myself? Some wise person once said: In order to love someone else, we have to love ourselves  first. I never really believed in that, but if so many do, just how wrong can it be? 

"Home?" he asked quietly. 

"Home", I sighed. 

Katsuki muttered something and threw my bag towards Izuku, followed by my phone. I didn't care. He smiled and tried telling Katsuki something but he slammed the doors in front of us. I shrugged my shoulders and pulled him towards the car. I wanted to go home, have a decent shower and fall in a decent sleep without worrying if Izuku is lying dead, dumped in some middle of nowhere. I knew as much about the LOV as anyone else, but I think I somehow sensed they had something to do with Izuku's little 'vacation' in which he decided to let me die from worrying. I didn't care. It was over now. 

***

I jumped on Izuku's (and now mine, hehe) giant, soft bed. It smelled familiar and it was comforting. I had a shower, I had lunch and now I just wanted to sleep. Too much everything has happened, in these days and in general, and if there weren't for Izuku, I'd be pretty much sick of life. But he was there with me so... all is good, right? I love how naïve I was.  

I woke up around 2 p.m. Izuku was nowhere to be found. I got up groggily, peaking out to see if he was in the living room. I rolled my eyes at whatever I was yet to find and looked around the house. I looked in the kitchen when I heard his voice. From above. Nothing was surprising at this point. I mean, if a pink, polka-dot elephant ran next to me chased by a mouse, I'd say 'Okay'. I looked through the window to see where he climbed (and possibly think of how he managed to do that) but I was interrupted by what he was saying. 

"Let it go Hawks. I handled it. If something happens...", he said and paused, "If it happens, I have made sure I have something they can't say no to."

I frowned. 

"It doesn't matter. Why? Because it won't come to that", he said and laughed in an odd manner I rarely heard. 

"She is my everything. If I can't protect her, that just means I'm not worthy of anything. I finally... fine, fine. Don't worry. Let's just hurry up with the whole thing and get it over with", he said in a rush to end the conversation. 

I gasped quietly and walked away quickly before he decided to come down. Now this is something I'd like to know about. Why the fuck would he have to protect me? I mean, he's a hero, blah-blah-blah... but, what does it have to do with me specifically? I was stuck at 'Kacchan's' house (Kacchan my ass). What is it now? I know there are official secrets and all that, but when a person is in danger you tell them! 

He walked in quietly. I knocked my fingers on the dining table and watched him as he jumped away in surprise. I was angry and wanted an explanation now. If there weren't for the phone call and all the 'her' stuff I probably would've let it go. 

"H-hey sweetie", he stuttered out.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked calmly. 

Inside, I was boiling. Little bubbles of frustration were popping up the entire time. The worst anger is caused by the unknowing. And that's what happened to me. It's no birthday surprise. Seeing how dramatically he puts it, I am in death danger and he is in a do-or-die situation. And when people openly state they have a secret, or when they don't matter to you, it's not that important. 

But when Izuku, the person I at the moment loved the most, did all the sneaky stuff, it hurt me. Not because I'm a snoopy person or so curios - no. It's because he once promised me not to ever keep a secret from me (we had a bit of a fight, so he smoothed things over with that). It may not have mattered to him, but it did to me. 

"I'm just happy you're home", he spoke up, rubbing his forehead. 

"Mhm. And you keep secrets! And you lied! What was all the house about these few days?! Why won't you tell me?!" I yelled, a bit louder than I intended. 

"Woah, aren't you happy we're together? Finally?" he chuckled awkwardly.

"No. What was the phone call?" I went on. 

I am not giving up this time.

"I ordered us some pizza. I mean, I wanted to but... they were out and... I ordered sushi? No, wait, they didn't have any rice so..." he began insecurely. 

"Just shut up", I growled and walked by him. 

In a frenzy, I grabbed my jacket. I know I shouldn't have done that. I know my reaction was too sudden and pretty unnecessary. But to me it meant a lot. I hated lies and I couldn't stand anything being kept from me as a secret. I wanted an open relationship in which I had my best friend. And he was. But it made me angry. You don't just ditch a girl at someone's house and storm off! And you don't claim she's in danger without telling her.

I was about to pull the door handle when the doors opened by themselves, hitting my nose. 

"Ouch!" I whined, rubbing it.

"Whoops. Sorry! You can heal it though, right?" someone said. 

I opened my eyes and screamed in surprise, leaning onto the wall behind me. In front of me was Hawks. The Hawks. The hero. 

"You're a terrible liar, Midoriya", he chuckled. 

He went in, his hands in his pockets, closing the doors with his foot. A wide smile was on his face. I raised my eyebrows and shook my head. I've mentioned - nothing could surprise me. I healed my nose quickly and tried to grab my jacket again. 

"Easy there..." Hawks laughed in a relaxed manner. 

"Easy?" I repeated mockingly, frowned at Izuku who was standing there like a lost cow in surprise and tried to walk out again. 

"Now, now... come one", Hawks said again and leaned on the doors. 

"What are you on?" I questioned, and crossed my arms, blinking a bit to get rid of the healing light which was still twinkling in front of my eyes. 

Hawks smiled and turned me towards Izuku, lightly pushing me. I heard his wings flap lightly. They were pretty cool, even though that was the last thing on my mind at the moment. 

"Alex, I..." Izuku wanted to say something, but Hawks interrupted him. 

"Oi, you'll only make it worse. You wanted answers, right? Why don't we order some chicken wings and talk it over, what do you say?"  Hawks quickly said, putting out his phone. 

"Is he serious?" I whispered to Izuku, forgetting I'm supposed to be mad at him.

He put a hand on my shoulder gently and kissed my cheek. 

"Want to know? It's just going to upset you unnecessarily", he said.

"Eh", I sighed, "Whatever it is, I think I've dealt with worse."

That was my consolation. I was partly right. Suffering from the loss of loved ones is sometimes harder than your own danger - to selfless people. But I didn't know what was ahead of us. 

A/N: Sorry for involving Hawks, I just really like him XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 478 13
Izuku Midoriya has always wanted to become a hero despite being quirkless. He admired every hero he came across but he admired one more than the othe...
544K 13.6K 19
This is the story of how you became a hero. You even became a hero to the pros. You don't start off as well as everyone else but you soon grow strong...
116K 5.1K 33
After the attack at the USJ, Izuku was kidnapped by the League of Villains, and although he was quickly rescued, Midoriya has been blackmailed into b...
345 1 11
All of Izuku Midoriya's Life, he has wanted nothing more to become a hero just like his Idol, Allmight! Getting a Quirk from Allmight made it so he c...