Want You Back // Owen Joyner

By rosesforowen

In which a girl sees her first love after almost 3 years [DISCLAIMER: if you have not read my other stories... More

Introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
epilogue

twenty-three

576 19 26
By rosesforowen

Today was our last day in Maui. If I'm being honest, I was upset about leaving.

I didn't want to go back to Los Angles. Only because of how beautiful it is here.

I do miss everyone back home though. I decided to get up and make everyone breakfast. I haven't been the best about keeping up with my diet.

But who cares, I'm on vacation. I make a big breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, French toast, and biscuits.

As I cooked, I hummed to music. Once done, I went and woke everyone up. I woke Savannah, then Jeremy, then Booboo.

So that left Owen and Charlie. When I walk in, Charlie was scrolling through his phone but still laying in bed.

"I made breakfast. I laid peanut butter out for you." I let him know.

A smile grows on his face and he gets up. "Thanks Eren." He smiled. He walked into the kitchen leaving us two.

I went to Owen and bent in front of him. I shook him awake and he fluttered his eyes open.

He looked at me and smiled. "I made some breakfast. Come eat." I smile towards him. I stand up and walk back towards the kitchen.

Everyone was making their plates as I joined them. "Thank you for making this, Eren. It looks delicious." Jeremy boasted.

"Thanks. I just wanted to treat everyone today." I smile towards him. We all sit around the table and start eating.

"We should go out tonight and have a family dinner." Charlie suggested.

"Yeah, I heard there were some good restaurants." Booboo joined in.

After we talked about dinner, we talked about what were gonna do for the rest of the day.

We decided to have another chill day at the beach. So after breakfast, we took an hour getting ready.

By the time we got down to the beach it was almost one.

Savannah and I laid on the beach, trying to get a tan, Jeremy and Booboo waded out into the water, and Charlie and Owen passed a football.

"Have you thought anymore about your dream?" Savannah asked making conversation.

"Eh, a little." I shrugged. "What about Kyle, have you talked to him?" She asked a lot of questions.

I take a deep breath as I think about it. "Off and on everyday. But not much. If I'm being honest, I've barely thought about him." I explain.

She raises her eyes at me. "Because of Owen?" I lightly nod my head.

"I heard him singing Girl Crush the other day. But he changed the lyrics to Boy Crush." I haven't told her  about it yet.

So I figured this would be the best time while they're busy.

"What all did he change?" She asked. I told her about the big strong arms line along with him wishing he could turn back time.

He also wished he could drown in a bottle of red wine. When I finished, Savannah thought about it.

"Sounds like he's jealous of Kyle." Savannah smirked. I rolled my eyes towards her. "Why would Owen be jealous of Kyle?" I ask.

I heard her gasp causing me to turn to her. "You're so blind." She shook her head.

I sigh as look away. I didn't wanna talk about this anymore. So we dropped it. The day on the beach was super relaxing.

It's just sad it's the last day. Around five, Sav and I went back to the resort to get ready for the dinner.

I put on a black long sleeved off the shoulder crop top and a pair of jeans.

I put on vans and went to the mirror to do my hair. I braid a fishtail braid on my red hair.

I put light makeup on as the boys walked in. They started getting ready and I was excited.

Charlie has his usual Hawaiian shirt on with khaki shorts.

Jeremy had on a black loose long sleeved shirt with black skinny jeans with holes in them.

Booboo had on a button up with jeans. His hair was tied up in a bun.

Owen was wearing a jean jacket, a pink hoodie, and black jeans.

Savannah had on a striped romper with a matching blazer. By seven, we were all ready.

We all pile into the cars and head to a restaurant. We decided to go to a fancy Italian restaurant.

Eating here made me think of the twins. I really do miss them. I miss Theo being loud and I miss Kyle yelling at him.

We all order food, and Charlie got wine for all of us. He claimed it's for me actually being able to drink with them now, legally.

The waiter pours us a cup of red wine which made me think of Owen. I look at him to see him already looking at me.

We both quickly look away and drink the wine. As we talked, Charlie clinked his glass.

He stood up as we looked at him. "I just wanna say how thankful I am that we're all together." He started off.

"It's been a hell of a ride, but I'm happy we can be in the same room again." He smiled brightly.

I'm happy we could be too. Us six have been through so much together.

We've spent hours together on set, and spent more at our apartment when we were done.

And here we are, three years later in Maui. Even though I lost contact with them, it feels like no time has passed.

"You're all like my second family. And I wouldn't know what I'd do without you." He finished off making me smile.

Right as he sat down, they hand us our food. It was delicious too, some of the best Italian food I've ever had.

Booboo ended up paying for us, which we all thanked him. We drove back to the resort, sadden by it being the last night.

When we get to our suit, we all hang out for a little bit.

But one by one, everyone went to their room to pack. Owen and I were quietly sitting on the couch, scrolling through our phones.

I take a deep breath and sit my phone down. "I'm gonna go pack." I speak. I get up and start to walk towards my room.

"Eren, I want you back." I stopped in my tracks. I turn around in shock. Did I hear him right?

"What'd you say?" I ask shocked. He sat up and looked at me.

"I want you back. I want us to be the way we were before we finished filming." He admitted to me.

I couldn't control my heart racing. "Owen, I'm in a relationship." I deny. I shake my head towards him.

"I don't care. I've waited three years to get you back. I'm not waiting anymore." I wasn't expecting this.

I've never had anyone actually wait for me. Or fight for me like this. He stood up to look at me better.

"It's always been you." He admits. I could hear my heart in my ears.

"How would we even do it?" I ask him. There's no denying me having feelings for Owen. I think I'll always have feelings for Owen.

He's my first love, the first guy I actually liked three years ago. He's changed life in so many ways.

"It's not gonna be easy, it's gonna be really hard but I wanna do that because I want you." He told me with his whole heart.

"I want all of you, forever, you and me, everyday." I couldn't help but let a few tears slip let out.

I've never had someone fight for me like this. I wanna be with Owen. But I don't wanna hurt Kyle.

Kyle was with me through my dad and we've been together for two and a half years. But that's the thing.

He's not Owen. Kyle's never made me feel the same way that Owen has. Three years later, and he still gives me electricity when we touch.

"Will you do something for me? Please." He begged. I waited to hear it.

"Just picture your life for me. Thirty years from now, forty years from now." He spoke softly.

"What's it look like? If it's with Kyle, then stay with him. I've lost you once, I think I can do it again if I had to." He admitted to me.

I love Kyle, and I can't hurt him. But I love Owen more. "But don't you take the easy way out!" He exclaimed.

I wipe my tears as I look at him. "What easy way? There is no easy way out, no matter what I do somebody gets hurt." I tell him honestly.

"Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your fans want." He told me harshly.

But I know he didn't mean it to be mean. He meant nicely, it just came out strong.

"What do you want?" He asked me as I stood there. He's putting me in a tough decision which I didn't know yet.

I'm going back to my boyfriend tomorrow, who I've barely thought about. And he wants me to choose.

"What do you want?" He asked more harshly. He stared at me as he looked at me.

He had his hand over his heart as he spoke. "It's not that simple." I tell him while shaking my head.

"What do you want?" He asked harshly again. "Kyle helped me through so much." I tell him quietly.

He ran his fingers through his hair as he kept his other hand on his chest.

"I need time to think about it." I tell him as I stand there in shock.

Owens face drops as he shakes his head. He steps back and walks towards his room. Right when he goes, my door opens up.

I look to see Savannah standing on the other side, sticking her head through. "You heard that didn't you?" I ask looking at her.

I had tears in my eyes and my voice was shaky. She nodded her head towards me.

"I heard the whole thing."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 52 28
I wrote this in 2020, it's pretty cringey. The plot is okay and the idea was there, the execution just failed. It's still a cute ish story, just is i...
164K 4.7K 58
𝑰𝒕'𝒔 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’† π’˜π’† 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 π’“π’†π’‚π’π’π’š 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓.. 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒉, π’˜π’† π’ˆπ’ π’˜π’‚π’š, π’˜π’‚π’š...
10.3K 535 30
In which a girl re-falls in love with her ex that she has forgotten about Cherry sequel
33.6K 615 20
I GOT 2k READS AND #1 ON CHARLIE GILLESPIE GUYS IM SO HAPPY TYSM