The Date

By Dream74

Kate Smith's life hasn't been easy, with a dark past and what looks like an even darker future, Kate finds he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 15

4.8K 156 6
By Dream74

Jake

"... so there we were going all the way round London searching for my Sunglasses, when they were on my head the entire time" she said in a gigging fit.

I've been standing at the bar for near an hour now talking to this tall gorgeous blonde that normally I'd be charming to high heaven but instead I was insanely bored. She had the most annoying pitched voice I'd ever heard, a voice that would make dogs cry.

"It's that the funniest thing you ever heard" she said. I wasn't really listening to her story but I thought a laugh would save me.

"Ha! Yes that was hilarious Helen" God I hope her name is Helen! I thought as I ordered us two more champagnes.

When I turned back round Kate walked into the hall just near me, stretching her head over the sea of people, looking around for Jay most likely. She hadn't seen me yet so I used this time to observe her. You could tell a lot about a person when they thought no one was watching them. For example I could tell she was nervous by the way she played with her hands as she bit her lower lip. I've seen many women do that in my time to try and seduce a man but there was something quite sweet and innocent about the way Kate did it. That didn't mean it still didn't have the same effect on a man like me. It sent a chill through my body at the site of her, just watching her bitting her lip liked that made me what to bite it myself. I flash back of the kiss we shared, spun in my head.

What the hell was that?

A hand on my arm brought me back from the weird place I just was, I shook my head and looked at the womAn in front of me instead. Her hand was rubbing up and down mine... but to my complete horror she had no effect on me.

"... Maybe you can come watch me one day" she winked stepping towards me pushing her body close to mine... STILL NOTHING!! What the hell was going on?!

"What?" I asked not having a clue what she was talking about.

"Watch me dance. I'm a ballroom dancer, weren't you listening" she said playing with the buttons on my shirt. 'I'd much rather watch Kate dance at the strip club' a voice popped in my head nearly making me choke on mine Champagne. Where the HELL did that come from? Why the hell would I ever want to see that? God either I'm drunk or the girl has put some weird spell on me.

Like she heard me at that point she looked my way as Helen was pushed up against me. Her wide green eyes met mine in less than a second before they landed on the floor. She didn't look like she quite knew where or what she was doing as her eyes scanned the ground she turned back round quickly to leave.

"Kate!" I yelled stopping her in her tracks from the bar. She just stood there, for a moment I didn't think she was going to turn back but she did. She turned and stepped closer to me and the blonde, I had completely forgotten about till now. I pulled an arm around the girls waist pulling her even closer to my side, if she could even get that close as she looked from me to Kate with glare.

"What brings you in here all alone?" I asked.

"I just finished walking around the gardens with Leah, I was looking for Jay" she said smiling. I could tell she wasn't happy to see me and I didn't quite give a rat's ass.

"I think he's at the table with everyone" I said.

"Great I better go find him" she said turning to go.

"This is Helen Ford. Helen this is Kate..." I pretended to not remember her last name. "Sorry, Kate...?"

"Smith" she said playing with her hands again, she did that a lot I noticed. I could tell she was uncomfortable as she moved around fidgeting.

"Helen this is Kate Smith, she is dating my younger brother" with that being said Helen smiled sweetly at Kate shaking her hand. "You two have a lot in common, Helen's a dancer too" I said with an evil smirk. "Hear there's a lot of money in dancing these days, what you think Kate?" I knew it was a low blow but I couldn't help but want to see the heat rise up in her cheeks as she looked shocked and angry at me.

"Oh are you a dancer too?" Helen asked.

"No" she answered shortly, I could see the panic swim around in her eyes.

"Oh. Then why would you say..." Helen began to say before Kate just turned and left.

"Excuse me" I said following her out into the garden where she just came from. She was walking fast, doing a little double hop and she walked down the stairs, then around the side where the trees were out of site from anyone else. I followed her down and saw her arms wrapped around as she paced side to side quickly. Her eyes met mine as I stood in front of her.

"Are you angry at me Kat?"

"My names Kate"

"I never said I'll be easy on you" I said standing my ground.

"Why did you have to say something like that?" she shouted at me as I gave her an innocent look. "Don't look at me like that I know what you were doing back there and it wasn't funny"

"I wasn't laughing" I stated.

"What if you said the wrong thing back there to that girl, then everyone would know what I am! That would have ruined Jays plan and yours of keeping your family safe" she said. Is she really trying to tell me how to keep my funny safe?

"You really think that girl could even work out shit!" I'm getting angry now.

"Don't you see instead of fighting us you should just help us keep this a secret so it doesn't turn into a scandal" Help them?! I'm not becoming part of their little scheme.

"Are you kidding? I don't care about the scandal the only thing I care about is you and Jay lying and hurting my family. Do you think I care two figs about what you think? The only think I care about is getting you away from my family and if I have to hurt you in the process then that will just have to be the case" I took one step closer to her until she was backed up on the tree with me just a foot apart.

"Hurt me?" she breathed heavily and I could see true fear in her eyes as she looked at me with shock. "How do you plan on doing that?" her voice was so deep and broken I felt this burning feeling in the pit on my stomach that told me something bad was about to happen. I was standing so close to her I could see every line and colour in her face, I could see all the different shades of green in her now watery eyes. I could see her lips slightly parted as her breath hit warm on my chest and I could see her tongue slowly wet her bottom lip as she bit it once again like she did at the bar.

"How do I plan to hurt you?" I was nearly shaking as much as I felt her trembling lip. "Like this" I said as my lips crushed to hers. I was completely out of control as my hand found the back of her neck pulling her towards me.

Her hands her were on chest burning my skin through the shirt, at first they were pushing me away but as soon as my lips touched hers they were shocked into place. Her lips so soft and full, like they were made just to be kissed I thought as I moved to kiss her even deeper teasing her lips with my tongue until she opened them for me giving me entry. Her tongue met mine as I felt her soft small body start to melt against my now hard body.

I don't understand it. I've kiss many girls before but nothing was ever like kissing Kate. It was like I was a teenage again, getting turn on my just looking at a girl. It must be because I know it's so wrong, kissing her even though I hate her so much for what she's doing here but I can't help myself.

She pushed on my chest again and pulled her face away from mine. "Stop" she moaned breathless but I didn't listen as I took her face in my hands and kissed her again. She moaned against my lips and kissed be back with her tongue entering my month like mine was with hers, God she tasted really good.

Before I knew what was happening I was leaning on the tree as Kate jumped away from me.

"I said stop. You can't do that again. You can't just go around kissing people to prove a point!" she said as she stood a good three metres away looking red cheeked and well and truly kissed.

"Why not? I quite liked it" I said moving closer to her again but she just jumped away again making me grin "We could do this all night Kate"

"I'll tell Jay" she warned.

"That's not really a warning Kate. Go ahead and tell Jay how I kissed you but remember you kissed me back. How would he like to hear that you kissed his brother when you're meant to be 'paid' to be kissing him?"

"I'm not paid to kiss anyone" she shouted at me. God she was cute when she got angry.

"Really, I thought that's what escorts do?" I know I was pushing her too much but this was getting more and more interesting as it went on. I could feel this heat between us that I know I started but only she could put it out because standing there with her hair a mess and red cheeked I just wanted to kiss her again.

"You're such a cock" she said making me laugh.

"But a cock you want, right" I said making her even more angry at me.

"I'm leaving. Don't kiss me again" she said before walking away.

"I'll give you a deal Kate. Leave now, leave this party and my brother and I'll never kiss you again" she stopped walking for a bit and looked around at me. I thought she was going to say something but she just kept on walking.

Right if that's the way you want it Kate, let the games begin.

Kate

I can't believe what he did! I can't believe what an arrogant ass that man was. You can't just go around kissing people you hate to make a point however much of an amazing kisser you are. However soft and warm his lips where... No! It wasn't right and if I have anything to say about it, it won't happen again. I've had enough of people pushing me round from now on I'm going to stick up for myself.

I didn't need his hard, strong, muscly arms around me... keeping me warm and safe... No! Stop thinking of him like that! I told myself. He wasn't warm and safe, he was dangerous and rude. I'm not going to let him affect me anymore like he did in the garden... or at his family's house. No, that's it next time he try's anything I'm going to... I'm going to... well I dunno what I'm going to do yet but It's not going to be pretty.

Oh who was I kidding! I was no match for someone like Jake! He was big and strong and I was small and weak. I knew if he came near me with them lips of his again I'd just crumble and melt into his arms and I couldn't explain why.

It's not like he's been reminiscing sweet romantic words in my ear, the opposite. Yet I couldn't get his face out of my head, thinking where he was and what he would say to me next. Oh lord I'm so confused.

"Kate there you are!" Jay walked over to me. "I've been looking everywhere for you" he said. I felt so bad, Jay trusted me to be professional for him and what am I doing! Kiss his brother behind the trees!

"I was looking for you" I tried to act like nothing happened as I smiled at him. If I told him the truth it would just stress him out more than he already was. He may even ask me to left leaving me with nothing and however much it's hard to forget in a place like this, I really need that money.

"Come on let's go eat" he said as we went to go sit back at the table everyone was now sitting at again, including a few others.

"Kate, meet Karl and Gemma Jackson and Ben Howard close friends of the family. Guys this is my girlfriend Kate" he introduce me again to everyone.

"I met Kate earlier in the garden" Gemma smiled as she filled a glass of champagne for me.

"Thanks" I said taking a seat and trying to relax and enjoy the company.

And after a while I did start having fun. Karl Gemma's husband was really funny, Ben and Paul teased each other as they told stories of their time in Thailand together. I was actually having a good time when someone... 'the devil' sat in the chair next me.

"Is this seat taken?" he asks with a childish grin. Why did he have to come sit next to me? What's wrong with the two seats to his left? Everyone greets him but me as I just take a large sip of my drink.

"Watch it little one, don't wanna get too drunk that you forget which brother your with" he smirks making everyone laugh.

"I'd have to be very drunk for that" I said so only he could hear.

"Well let's get you another drink then"

Before I could reply Leah walks over with Christian Howard, I recognise his face from the magazines. He really was a handsome guy, tall with black hair and a beautiful face and tall and muscly but not at big as Jake but maybe his height.

Leah catches my eyes and smiles at me as I try to smile back but Jakes put me in a sad mood once again so I just roll my eyes at her so she understands and from her grin I can tell see understood.

Everyone was talking around the table again drinking and having fun. Ben and Paul were drinking the most out of everyone as they kept waving over at me and Leah. We had both pulled out chairs back so we could talk without Jake's body being in our way as the rest of the people on the table went and danced.

"So you having fun?" Leah asks.

"Yer I am actually this is my fourth drink and I'm getting sleepy" and if I'm trying to get Jakes teasing words out of my head I'm going to drink more.

"I know what you mean. All this rich food and champagne gets you sleepy. It's been a long day" she said sitting back in her chair.

"Tell me about it" I drank some more.

"Hey Jake, Jay you up for it?" Ben shouted from the other side of the table.

"Up for what? Mate" Jake said

"Me, Chris and Karl have come up with a bet tomorrow with golf, loser or loses do a forfeit. Up for it?" he asked again, finishing his twentieth pint maybe.

"Alright you're on, I've already thought of the forfeit for you Paul" Jake laughed as he rubbed his large strong hands together in front of him.

"Hey, I'm not going to lose" Paul sounding very drunk at this point.

"Lose what?" Connor said when he came back followed with Lilly, Gemma and Karl after dancing. Gemma came and sat down next to Leah.

"Golf tomorrow, losers do a forfeit" Ben said again.

Connor looked too Lilly to see if she wouldn't be alright without him. He was so sweet and loving to her. How could she not see how he felt?!

"I'll be fine" she said followed by a grinning Connor "I'm in"

"So girls, what we going to do tomorrow?" Gemma asked us.

"Has your Nan done a schedule Leah?" Lilly asked

"I don't think so I think she's just created different things people can do and then let them do whatever they like. Like there is a kid's programme with things like arts and crafts. There's horse riding, spa, swimming, tennis and loads more things like that but I know that there is nothing planned for tomorrow night so I guess tomorrow is a free day" Leah said.

I've never been to a party like this, I didn't know people created entertainment like that for people, it must cost them an arm and a leg.

"I think we should just relax already and then we should all get together at the end and do something" Gemma said smiling they all agreed but I looked at Jay first who gave me a nod before I agreed to join them. I had to remind myself that this wasn't a holiday and that I did have a job to do here.

"Great! Let's meet for breakfast at nine to decide what we should do" Gemma said smiling happily at her little plan.

She fell back into Karl's chest, smiling up at him as he kissed her nose. They looked so happy together, they must have the dream life, kids, a family and friends and love. How great it would to just have one of them?

"Excuse me, have we met?" a voice came from the table. I didn't turn and look straight away because I didn't think they were talking to me but when no one said anything I looked up and saw two guys from the other table looking my way.

I froze.

"Yeah, you're right Tom she does look familiar" They were both American guys, both very attractive and knew it from the smug looks on their faces. I remember them. They were at the club the other night when I was made to do the rounds.

Then it hit me... The one the other guy called Tom was the guy that pulled me into his lap that wouldn't let me get up before Stella came and saved me. Oh my God! What am I to do? Jay's going to firer me, everyone's going to find out! I could feel my whole body start to shake and I didn't know what to say or do. The way they were both looking at me made me feel sick with panic.

Before I knew what I was doing I grabbed his hand under the table.

Call it a moment of madness or a bleed for help but I needed to feel safe. I needed to know that I wasn't alone in that moment. I don't know why I did it or what even gave me the confidence to do it but I just took hold of his hand and held it tight and I could feel the fear slowly leave my body as I looked but and saw Jakes fingers tangle with mine.

"You're mistaken" he said in his deep sexy voice that made me nearly melt, he said it more as a statement than a question. I suddenly started breathing properly again and I felt the colour start to return back to my cheeks.

"I'm forever doing that, thinking that everyone looks familiar but I've never met them before. It's really embarrassing when you start to wave then realise you don't know them" Leah saved the awkward silence.

The guys talked with Leah for a bit then talked away.

"You Ok?" she asked.

"I'm fine, I've seen them before at the club" I whispered.

"I guessed so, will you be ok?" I looked at Leah, then over at the two American guys who were still looking over. Jake who was still looking over at the guys angrily.

"I'll be ok" I said. I looked up at the Jake but he was still looking over at the two guys on the other table. Jake wouldn't let go of my hand and too be honest I haven't pulled away.

Taking a deep breath I let go of his hand quickly. I felt strange not holding his hand anymore but I couldn't hold hands with him under the table, someone might see. His face turned quicker over at me but he held a poker expression. I had no idea what he was thinking or feeling in that moment.

Maybe he did care about a scandal.

"Right, I think it's time that I got some sleep" Leah said as she stood from her chair and I was more than happy to join her and Gemma and Lilly how also decided to leave and leave the guys to it.

As we walked away I turned back around and saw Jake watching me leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

608 79 30
Jake Ryan had been best friends with Jay Morgan since they were in middle school. Jake had always valued being an only sibling, especially when Jay'...
26 7 19
Harry Cooper serves as the CEO of a prominent American company. Emma Anderson, working diligently as his assistant, inadvertently stumbles upon Harry...
934K 20.2K 34
"You don't want me I'm broken. Unfixable." "Broken or not your still my princess." Soon his lips are on mine and sparks flew all my worries for once...
106 1 20
Ewan Lane has recently been on a business trip abroad and is on his way back home to England, he meets Jessica Lawson as they sit next to each other...