Chapter 28

Kate

"What the hell is going on?" Jay asked neither Jake nor I made a sound. We hadn't moved away from each other with the shock of Jay's piercing eyes on Jake's arms wrapped around me. No mistaking what we were doing.

"Well!!" he shouted this time. I felt Jake move away from me, I couldn't move. I couldn't take my eyes off Jay's. He looked so... so angry and confused.

"Look Jay it isn't..." Jake tried to say but it was pointless as Jay interrupted him. The jig was up, he must know something was up by the way I imagine my guilty face looked.

"Don't give me 'it's not what it looked like' shit!" he moved around with his arms flying left right and centre. "Because it looked very much like you had your hands all over my girlfriend. Giving her all this crap about wanting her"

"She's not your girlfriend!" Jake shouted showing his anger. Great now there were two alpha powered guys in the room. They both looked at me, I could feel Jakes eyes on me but I was still standing in the same spot staring at Jay.

I felt like I could just fall in an endless black hole right now and me happy. To be anywhere than right here and now would be good. I couldn't believe how much my heart was beating. I felt the tears start to fall down my cheeks and my body had started shaking.

"Kate and I... this isn't just a fling. I really like her Jay and she likes me" I heard Jake say more calmly.

"What?" Jay let out a sarcastic laugh as he spoke.

"I didn't plan this to happen it just did" Jake tried to explain and calm down his brother but Jay walked straight up to his face. He looked like he wanted to beat him to a pulp with his eyes glaring at Jake's.

"Oh didn't you"

"What's that meant to mean?" Jake push lightly on Jay's chest, enough so his brother moved out of his face causing space between them. I know I should say something; anything but it was like every form of speech had left me with only my body to show I was still in the room.

"Jake, you would really use her like that just to get back at me?" Jay's words brought me back from my shocked state. As soon as I looked at Jake, I felt his anger radiate off his body. The veins on his neck were jumping from his skin. His skin had turned purple from being so tense and his eyes looked even darkened as he stares down at his brother.

"I'm not using her," he said walking closer to Jay again. His voice was so straight and serious... it sounded calm even, but I could tell by just looking at him how close he was from going out of control. "You're the one using her brother!"

"Using her?" Jay laughed. "She's getting paid for being my girlfriend not pimping herself out to you. I should have known better than to get a stripper as an escort" he looked at me with a disgusted look. I felt disgusted with myself at his words as they were all true. "Once a whore always a whore" he finished with before his jaw was met with Jake's fist.

"Jake!" I screamed as Jay's body landed on the floor looking up at Jake shocked as blood fell from his mouth. Oh Jake, what have you done?

He went very still as he calmed down and realised what he did to his own brother. He looked down at his fist with shock over what he just did. He turned his head to look at me with a sad expression. He looked so lost... I just wanted to wrap my arms around him and comfort him. This was my entire fault.

"What the hell is going on in here?" We all turned to look at the door to see Sally standing there in shock with Mark standing behind her.

"Mum?" Jay stood up from the floor brushing the blood that came out of his mouth. Sally ran over to him as he took a seat on the sofa.