Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Kate

I didn't recognise the place as we walked down the staircase; the lighting was dimmed with candles all down the stairs and around the room. Royal blue everywhere around the room, with white and blue roses and silver drapes falling like a waterfall room the ceiling. If it wasn't for the French doors looking out on the terrace I'd have thought it was a different room. It's amazing how this was the same room we were in just the other night. It looked like a fairy-tale. As we walked further into the room I could see the attention of detail around the place. Tall trees where brought it where white and blue butterflies where attached looking like they were flying around the tree like a little pixie home.

It all looked magical.

Music danced its way around the room of light jazz music that was being played by the band on the stage at the front of the hall. I found myself getting swiped away by the magic of the room that I had no idea what was going on around me. Jay was guarding me along with him as he started talking to different groups of friends he knew. I smiled and introduced myself but after they would talk about some subject I know nothing about and I'd start drifting off again looking around.

It was then that I saw the room attached to the ballroom where couples were dancing around in a waltz. God I've never seen dancing like that before. It wasn't the same type of dancing at the club, I thought giggling to myself a little. It looked amazing, the way that everyone was dancing around so gracefully and elegant like that, I wish I could do that.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I had to turn back round to the group Jay and I was now with to see who spoke. I turned to see Jay's Mum and Da with another elderly couple. It was Jay's Da, Mark that spoke so I agreed smiling at his comment about how beautiful the dance was.

"Would you like to dance?" Mark laid out his hand smiling.

"Oh thank you but I don't know how to dance like that" I smiled nervously. I know I wanted to dance like that but I knew I couldn't. I have two left feet Mickey always said. That's why he never wanted me as one of his dancers... also because I wouldn't remove my clothes.

"Well I happen to be very good and it's all about leading. Come now lets dance" he grinned at me still holding his hand out. I looked up at Jay to get his approval; as soon as he nodded slightly telling me it was ok I took Mark's hand.

"Let's go" his big warm hand was held lightly in mine as he lead me to the dance floor. We started off on the outside of the floor.

"Now you put your hand on my lower shoulder... like that and your other hand in mine like this" he said holding my hand in one hand and the other lightly on my waist. He pulled me a little closer but not so much that we were touching. I was lucky I was wearing high heels or I don't think I could reach his shoulder.

"Now when I move my leg like this..." he said bringing this leg towards me. "You move back and if I step back like this... you come with me" he explained as he simply moved back twice and forwards again. "That's it, now we are going to move a little faster so we get a little rhyme" my nervous got the best of me then as he moved and I didn't and then again I stepped forward as he did causing us to collide.

"Sorry" I laughed nervously, looking down at my feet. "I did warn you"

"You're doing perfect. Much better than Lilly or Sally when I first taught them to dance" he laughed pulling us back to the beginning steps. After a few more mistakes and a stumble here and there we were finally dancing around the room.

It felt amazing, I felt like I was as light as a feather. I looked up at Mark and smiled, one of the first true smiles since being here. It was strange, I was in a dress that I couldn't really breathe in, with a bunch of people I didn't know as well as being in the arms of a stranger I only just met but I felt relaxed.