Adonis | H.S

By temptress_

๐‘จ๐’…๐’๐’๐’Š๐’”: the god of beauty and desire. a man so ethereal, so endlessly godlike, endearing and enthrallin... More

authors note
a prologue
chapter one: at first sight
chapter two: a drink
chapter three: ambiguous talk
chapter four: adorning life
chapter five: anticipation
chapter six: assistance
chapter seven: ardent
chapter eight: a backseat alacrity
chapter nine: acerbic interrogations
chapter ten: acrimony
chapter eleven: abtruse manners
chapter twelve: ascertain
chapter thirteen: astonishing attires
chapter fourteen: ares
chapter fifteen: awry celebrations
chapter sixteen: ardour
chapter seventeen: acceptance
chapter eighteen: allegory
chapter ninteen: acrid threats
chapter twenty: a129
chapter twenty-one: ambivalence
chapter twenty-two: an ally
chapter twenty-four: art
chapter twenty-five: aglow
chapter twenty-six: รกrma
chapter twenty-seven: accommodate
chapter twenty-eight: addicted to you
chapter twenty-nine: abscond
chapter thirty: affront
chapter thirty-one: allayment
chapter thirty-two: audience
chapter thirty-three: aim
chapter thirty-four: aquarelle
chapter thirty-five: absence
chapter thirty-six: ambush
chapter thirty-seven: artifice
chapter thirty-eight: admission
chapter thirty-nine: amends

chapter twenty-three: all in

11.8K 343 463
By temptress_

Changes. Contrasts. Growth.

Simple concepts at a glance and simple parts of being human. Scarlett had grown so much as a person ever since things with her ex had gone south. She'd grown warier, she'd grown stronger. She'd grown a desire for her own control. She'd changed. Mostly for the better. Although sometimes, when she was at her worst, she wasn't so sure that was the case.

And all this time on, the contrast between who she was then and who was now was something she had to admire. She'd been weak back then. Forced to kneel for a man who didn't care about her. And now, men were at her feet. Fighting for her attention like desperate little puppies.

It was her second favourite disparity she'd seen for a while. Her first?

Harry.

Her affection for him had grown so much. Their connection started fast. Like a wildfire, burning out of control and verging on intimidating. At first, he spoke to her so boldly, although he himself withdrawn. He'd kept the most delightful parts on himself locked away so she couldn't see them.

And with every passing day, they watched as the stone encasing him slowly eroded and he became less and less guarded.

One of their first interactions, his hand around her throat and his words were fervent. Almost too much for her to grasp onto. The contrast was where they were now. His arms wrapped around her, his face tucked into her neck. His words just as staggering except now, they held so much more weight.

And when he had his hands around her throat, she enjoyed it. Probably more than she should have.

He was open when he never thought he'd be. She was safe and in control with him. When she never thought she'd be. And it felt good. To let go and be with each other and let the trauma float a little ways away down the stream. Still in the same current, just not pulling them under anymore.

Harry nestled in closer to her, the sun slowly streaming in but yet to illuminate him. He woke slowly, basking in the way she felt. So soft and gentle and giving. She was wearing one of his t-shirts and nothing else. His sheets smelt of her, warm and cocooning vanilla that he knew would make him drowsy before he slept tonight.

She let out a soft moan as she stretched and he hummed against her. Pulling her somehow even closer and throwing the blankets over their heads. She could feel how hard he'd worked her body the night before and pressed her eyes closed further, groggy and not wanting to wake yet.

He slinked from the sheets, tucking her in and leaving a soft kiss on her forehead before heading into the bathroom. The clock read 8:47 am and for once, he wasn't bothered about starting his workday. He had things he needed to do but what was the fun in being the boss if you couldn't do what you wanted? Small swirls of deeply embedded anxiety rocked through like it often did in the mornings, and freshened with a quick shower before going to harness the control he craved.

A soft tongue licked at her arm and she woke with a start. Willa, acting as her alarm clock, sniffed and nudged at her until she gave her a good scratch behind her ears.

"Morning, sweetness." Scarlett smiled and Willa gave a small yawn in response.

She felt the bed next to her, where Harry had been not long ago and the sheets were cold. She sat up fully with a stretch and took in her surroundings. His bedroom was beautiful that time of day, the sun beaming into space in a golden array of happiness. She couldn't help but smile. For the first time since she'd arrived in New York, she felt like she was doing something right. Like she was on the right path.

Thankfully, her workday was pretty relaxed. Just a few inventory checks, a couple of meetings to debrief, and an appalling amount of paperwork. She slipped from the bed, padding down the hallway and into the kitchen with Willa following closely. She grabbed a glass of water and her ears prickled at the sound of music, a song newly pressed play on.

I don't want to set the world on fire.

It was coming from the one room Harry didn't elaborate on. A second office. A quick, brush-off response in an attempt to mask something deeper.

I just want to start a flame in your heart.

She knew better than to pry. He'd already let her in so much, it would be wrong and selfish for her to literally barge in and demand more from him. Her thoughts wandered to his father. Briefly mentioned at the showcasing of an ancient coin.

It was my dad's.

Was his dad still alive? Did he speak to him, if so? There was still so much complication to Harry that she couldn't even begin to wrap her head around. She couldn't push him. He'd tell her whatever he was comfortable telling her when he was ready.

She knew she herself had her own skeletons in the closet. Ugly things she wanted to keep suppressed and hidden.

Scarlett's eyes flickered up as Harry emerged from the room, a paint-stained washcloth clearing wet paint from his hands. He had always been a messy painter.

Where he'd usually become guarded after a session with his easel, he discarded his cloth and wrapped his arms around her waist. His brain was reeling like it often did when he painted but settled like tree leaves in a breeze. Softly, naturally, and then totally calm.

"Mm, morning. Sleep well?" He kissed her forehead and she nuzzled her face into his chest. In nothing but a pair of old jeans and a white singlet, he looks delicious. His clothes were covered in smatterings of paint, varying from splatters to strokes.

"I did. Missed you in bed, though."

"Sorry, I just..." He trailed off, unsure of how to tread about his internal struggles. He barely knew his own mind at times.

She cupped his face in her hands. "It's okay. You don't have to tell me. Only when you're ready."

She said the words almost like a mantra. Like she knew the simplicity of the beat would make them easier for him to understand. Simple, so she could constantly recite them to him when she needed to.

He breathed out a relieved sigh and she kissed him softly before grabbing his hand and running her fingertips over his chipped nail polish.

"Want to pick a colour for me?"

She looked up at him, her eyes twinkling with excitement at the prospect. "Really?"

He chuckled and led her into his office- his actual office. He sat in the chair while she perched on the desk in front of him. He rolled forward, resting between her thighs after producing an old wooden box. He opened it, displaying the range of coloured nail polishes he had.

Her heart melted at the thought of him sitting in his office, Willa at his feet while he painted his nails with a delicate hand. He did so as pedantically as he painted a canvas. His brow creased in concentration, tongue poking out as he focused or perhaps his lower lip caught between his bunny teeth.

"There's too many to choose from." She admitted shyly, the way he was staring at her tingling in her spine.

He offered a tender smile. "How about this one?" He picked up a deep, midnight blue that was maybe a shade or two darker from her own painted nails. "So we can match."

That stole her breath away. Like he'd done a full turnaround. He'd had a taste of being so vulnerable, now addicted and he didn't know how to stop. She felt so lucky. Honoured, even. But that little voice in the back of her brain wondered what it all meant and she had to suppress it before it took over.

So, she swallowed her pestering curiosity and painted his nails for him. She chastised him every time he moved or grabbed her bare leg. His eyes wandered up the hem of her borrowed t-shirt often only for her to kick at him. She blew on his nails through pursed lips so they'd dry quickly and told him off for movements that could cause potential smudges.

The deep blue hue stood strongly against his skin and she admired the contrast between it and the red of his ruby ring. She brushed her finger over it.

"Which one's your favourite?" She wondered, eyeing all of his rings.

"Which one is your favourite?"

She laughed at his volleyed back response, peering up at him briefly and then back to his jewelry. She touched the ruby one. "This one."

"Then I guess that's my favourite, too."

His phone pinged next to her on the desk and he checked it, seeing Xander was requesting ten minutes of his time so he could call.

Harry sent back a quick reply while Scarlett twisted her lips in thought. "So..."

He looked up at her. "So?"

"Who else knows about this apartment?"

"You, Nia, Seb, Xander, and my driver. That's about it."

She nodded, staring out the window behind him. He chuckled, scooting forward in his chair and wrapping his arms around her.

"You're the only girl who's been here if that's what you're getting at. Besides Willa."

"And Nia."

"She only comes to walk Willa. Don't really trust anyone else to do it. Nia... knows a lot. Being my assistant, she has to. And she also knows how dangerous it would be for her if any of that information got out."

A shiver ran rapidly down her spine, so quickly she had no time to even try and conceal it. She wondered if that applied to her, too. The more he let her in, the more dangerous it was.

"Listen... Xander might have some information about whoever was harassing you. I'll be honest with you and tell you everything if that's what you want. But regardless, please know I will do everything in my power to protect you, okay? No one is coming near you. I won't fucking let them."

"I know that, but it's nice to hear you say it. I want to know whatever he tells you, as much as it scares me. Maybe not yet, we can talk through everything this weekend. I just... want life to continue as normal."

"Normal." He narrowed his eyes at her, unsure of how to take that, She wanted any and all information but planned to continue as if things were normal? But then again, how else would she handle it? He would take care of her so she could do exactly that. Normal.

"Yes, normal. Starting with work. I have a meeting in an hour."

"I'll get you a driver." He picked up his phone.

"Harry, I can get a cab."

He stood and cupped the back of her head, kissing her forehead. "Why do that when I can get you a car to take you?"

"That's not very normal." She laughed.

He shrugged. "It is to me."

"It's very kind, but I'm not comfortable-"

"Let me make sure you're treated right. I want to spoil you," He kissed her neck and slid a hand up her naked thigh. "ravish you. Please, let me." More heated kisses to her skin.

She sighed, craning her neck so he could explore more of her. "You're a stubborn man."

"And a rich one, too."

With a fistful of his hair, she pulled him away and looked deep into his eyes. "You know that doesn't matter to me."

While he never worried that she was interested in him for his money, it wasn't terrible to hear. She let him pay for things, gift, and spoil her. It was rare when she outwardly told him it made her feel weird but he picked up on it. But she was right, he was stubborn. He ignored it. He wanted to treat her like a queen because she deserved nothing less.

"It matters to me."

It wasn't a shallow statement, or even materialistic despite all the things he had. From cars to collectibles. His family had struggled with money his whole life and once he was able to make his own money, he was determined to never be under any form of financial stress.

It really mattered to him. Even without further elaboration from him, she could sense something deeply rooted that resonated the pain in his eyes that flickered when he mentioned his father the day before.

It's okay. You don't have to tell me. Only when you're ready.

So, she let him get a car around for her.

"Can you spare this Sunday for me, little V?" He asked her as he walked her to the curb.

Scarlett gave him a soft smile and kissed him. "For you? Always, dio."

She didn't even give him a moment to question the term of endearment before she was in the car and pulling away from the curb. Dio. He knew enough Italian to know what that meant. God.

As if he needed the reminder of how powerful he was, she was calling him a God in her own little way. Her God.

The driver took her to work in record time and she felt marginally better about it when the driver knew the exact route to avoid the bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Abe's Turntable was picking up its reputation and the skyrocketing figures were proof of that. She had an observant management team above her rooting for its success and under their watchful eye, Scarlett had done well to revive it.

Her employees were actually working for once and she took the time to slip into her office to get started on her paperwork. She had a meeting with higher-up management that wasn't for another fifteen minutes, so she hunkered down at her desk. While every other aspect of her life was moving so fast, she tried to deplete the feeling of boredom in her job. Tried to ensure she wouldn't use Harry as an anchor and willed herself to stay focused on her main priority: Her.

"What you got for me, Xander?" Harry threw the tennis ball across the expanse of grass for Willa. He adjusted his phone in his grip.

He wanted some extra time with her that morning, needed the calm that she brought him. So he informed Nia his furry friend wouldn't need her until later. The surroundings were in contrast to him, to the conversation he was having. Bright green, tall trees while his thoughts were a deep festering red storm of anger.

"I just sent the footage if you want to see it. I scraped it dry, not much to see. Guy's wearing a hoodie, fully concealed in every shot. Medium build. 5'9 or 5'10, maybe. Hard to tell but that's all I've got, boss."

"And the flowers?"

"I talked to the front desk of her apartment. They got delivered around six in the evening, hours before Scarlett got home. The florist closes around that time and the man who delivered them was in the company uniform. It's possible that the follower knew she'd be out and wanted to scare her first, knew she'd see the flowers after. He knows you send flowers, he definitely wanted a reaction from you as well."

"Well, he got it," Harry murmured. Xander knew that tone. It meant alarming danger.

Willa barreled back to Harry with the ball and he crouched down to meet her. For the longest time, she was the only soul he had been immersed in. To protect and to treasure. Now that had changed. Now, he had two girls in his life. Regardless of what direction he and Scarlett were going in, no matter how fast and scary and unknown. He had to shelter her. Dio.

It was all he could think about as he got ready for his day. A deep red suit in honour of her.

He went to the Blue Ribbon, sat in the board room, and tried to keep focused but his thoughts kept wandering to her. He ran through future endeavors with his team, keeping them on their toes with his murky mood.

He kept three steps ahead. Planned everything down to the millisecond. Prepared for anything to go south so he knew how to handle it. Notorious. A God. Dio.

Sebastian, his usual deranged self, sat in the chair across from him. His feet up on the table while he twirled his gun in his hand. His eyes met one of the teams and he dropped one in a wink. Harry flicked him a look and he shrugged in response.

Xander ran through figures and more tactical elements, wrapping up quickly. He mentioned his usual security measures, making sure to linger on points just in case anyone knew anything. Or had any additional information to add.

"We'll be meeting again in a few days about the next job. In terms of security, if you see anything unusual come to me or Harry-"

"Or me." Sebastian cut in with a smirk.

"-But not Seb. This isn't his field. I'm head of security for a reason."

Sebastian scoffed, stuck the barrel of his gun in his own mouth, and looked at Harry. "Do you dare me to?" He garbled around the metal.

"For fucks sake." Harry rolled his head back on his head. "You'd make my life a lot easier if you did."

Xander ignored the two, always jesting like children. He stood and buttoned his suit jacket. "Any questions?"

Murmurs sounded around the room, everyone pleased with Xanders methods of relaying information to them. He was quick and to the point. He made what seemed like boring nonsense interesting and kept the whole team engaged.

A figure appeared at the door. "I have a question."

Sebastian stood, always ready for a rumble. Harry sighed and twirled his chair around to face the intruder.

"Zayn, nice to see you." No, it wasn't. Harry eyed everyone in the room. "Clear out."

Zayn entered the room once it had emptied, sitting across from Harry with a glare. His hair was spiked up, dark, and dangerous. His dress pants contrasted his t-shirt exposing the sleeves on his tattoos. Sebastian wavered, glaring at Zayn before Harry waved him off.

"I know where you live." Sebastian seethed.

"And I know what you taste like. Fucking relax, would you?" Zayn shook his head in disbelief.

Harry, unamused, watched as Sebastian left even though it pained him. He loved any form of confrontation and always hoped it ended in blood.

"Did you forget to send the invite of this meeting to me, or..."

He cocked his head. "You must feel awfully left out."

"Okay, fuck you, Harry. I'm on your payroll, fucking use me or cut me loose. You can't keep leaving me out of jobs if you're not going to actually cut me off."

But Harry had to keep his enemies close. Now more than ever. He glanced down at his ruby ring and took a deep breath.

"You're right. There's someone in my circle who's spreading information-"

"And you think it's me?"

Harry crossed his legs and leaned back in his chair. He admired his freshly painted nails and then looked back at Zayn. "The thought crossed my mind."

Zayn sighed. "We used to be close, man. What happened?"

It was true. They were as close as he was with Xander and Seb once upon a time. It turned sour overnight. Once Zayn had learned all he could from Harry and left to build his own empire. Harry didn't know how to answer. Instead, he stared at Zayn's ink. Some of them were ones he'd done himself.

For a moment, just a split millisecond of a moment, he actually felt kind of sad. But there was no room for sadness here. Not anymore. He'd already mourned the loss of Zayn.

Harry's eyes found the henna-style flower tattooed on his wrist.

"What's your favourite flower?" The question was spoken with acidity in the air and only furthered Zayn's confusion.

"The fuck kind of question is that?"

Harry gauged his response, not seeing a flicker of panic or remorse in his eyes at all. He stayed silent and Zayn wasn't having a bar of it.

"Enough of the bullshit. I'm here to work with you, Harry. All in or nothing at all. It's your call."

Now it was Harry's turn to panic. Keep your enemies close. He couldn't lose him. Not when he could keep an eye on him.

"You're right. I'm sorry, Z. I'll make sure you're more included from now on."

He scoffed. "This isn't the sandbox. I have contacts that you don't-"

Harry slammed his hand down on the table. "There is nothing you have that I don't have a hundred of. Stop acting like you're doing me a favour."

Zayn didn't flinch but didn't want to piss him off further. "...Okay."

"You'll work with me. But don't think I won't crush you if you step even a centimeter out of line. We clear?"

"Crystal."

"Meeting adjourned." Harry stood, buttoning his suit jacket. "Nia will show you out."

Even though it was early in the evening, the Blue Ribbon was bustling with patrons. It wasn't surprising, given the owner. Harry was a great host, treating every guest to their desires. He approached the bar and signaled to Ben.

"Mr. Styles." He greeted. He was still on edge around him ever since the would you fuck him thing. But at least he'd been put in his place and had been reduced to the simple tasks he was employed for. Pouring drinks, taking tips, keeping his boss's clientele happy.

"Everything good up here?"

"Yes, I slipped an extra scotch to Mr. Gioni."

"Thank you."

It was probably the first time Harry had ever extended any form of gratitude towards Ben and it threw him off to such an extent he was dizzy.

"O-Of course, Mr. Styles. Is there anything else-"

"Rum."

"Of course."

Sebastian and Xander were already settled in the V.I.P booth and with his tumbler of dark, smooth rum, Harry made his way over. He flopped into the booth next to Sebastian who snuggled up to him with a grin.

"Sod off, would you?" Harry grumbled, pushing him away.

"Heard your girlfriend had a visitor." Sebastian clicked his tongue.

Xander kicked him under the table with a grunt while Harry's chest tightened at the word girlfriend. There it was again, the pestering wondering and confusion. Was that generally a thing that was talked about? Or did it just happen- a title out of thin air?

Harry took a gulp of his rum. "Don't. I'm already in a mood."

"When aren't you? Listen, it's simple. We lure the fucker out and then torture the shit out of him."

"We need to find out who it is first, genius." Xander piped up.

"You're head of security, aren't you? You'll figure it out. Genius."

Harry polished off his rum and signaled Ben for another one.

"I'd like to address something." Sebastian continued. Xander and Harry's eyes met in united annoyance.

"Go ahead." Xander sighed, seeping into the velvet of the chair.

"Look, I'd just like some credit here. I told you that Harry was whipped and I was righ-"

"Shut up." Harry and Xander chorused. Sebastian rolled his eyes and wandered off to find himself some entertainment.

But Xander, more inwardly curious and softly manners, tilted his head at his friend. He'd never seen Harry wrapped up in a woman this long, this intense. His affairs were only a night long, cut off before the sun had a chance to rise.

"You're happy with her." He commented.

Against all sense of his formal and closed off demeanor, Harry felt his cheeks heat with a pink flush. "I wasn't unhappy before."

"Maybe not. But you seem less like a shell of a human. It's nice to see. You deserve it."

Deserve. Now that Harry didn't necessarily agree with. Desire, yes. Want, yes. But deserve? He didn't deserve anything mildly good after the things he'd done. The person he'd become. He'd been taught all too unfairly from a young age that good things never lasted. But he was constantly pushing that thought away.

Unlike this morning, when it had crept up on him. Sprung onto his back and latched into him, bleeding into his veins and soaring to his brain. Poisonous and ugly.

"I'm trying to be more open with her. It's been hard but it feels like there's less weight on my chest. Like it's easier to breathe. I don't know what it means or what to do with it but she's helping me a lot."

"It's nice, isn't it? To open your heart to someone."

Harry nodded, his mouth dry at the intensity of this conversation. While he and Xander often delved into deep topics, this was the first form of anything close to a woman. More so, Harry's growing attachment to one.

Xander slid closer to Harry as Sebastian returned to the table, a fresh drink and a pocket knife. He entertained himself with his hand flat on the table and a speeding round of pin finger, stabbing the knife between his spread fingers rhythmically. Xander slapped Harry's shoulder in a comforting gesture.

"We won't let anything happen to her, H. Promise."

Harry simply nodded again but his eyes were full of emotion. Grateful to him for making the promise, pleading with him to keep it.

"Ow, fuck!" Sebastian hissed as the knife nipped the edge of his finger. He sucked the bleeding split into his mouth.

"Idiot." Harry shook his head. Ben dropped him off the second tumbler of rum that he planned to drink as quickly as the first.

"Zayn pissed?" Xander questioned.

"Yeah, I calmed him down, though. Said he's all in."

"Better to keep an eye on him that way, I suppose using his equipment and men won't hurt us."

And then someone who Harry hadn't thought about since he'd met Scarlett appeared at his shoulder.

The blonde.

The last time he'd seen her was the night when he'd brushed her off so he could talk to the mysterious brunette beauty in his bar. The night he first spoke to Scarlett. His little Venus.

He didn't want to be that asshole, but he never got her name. She stuck around the bar like a bad smell. She'd been brought in by a client of Harry's and grew quite attached to him. And while he never gave her anything more than his cock or a fifty-dollar bill, she was always sure he was going to offer more.

Even though he was cold towards her and clearly had zero interest past the amount of time it took her to make him come. She didn't absorb the signs of his distaste for her.

"Can I keep you company tonight? Like old times?"

"No." Firm. Disinterested.

She wasn't Scarlett.

She scoffed, moving her eyes to Xander. "What about you, handsome?"

"No, thank you. I'm trying to cut back."

"Well, sucks for you, boys." Sebastian piped up. "I'm not."

Disgruntled but eager to put on a show in front of Harry, she sunk down onto Sebastian's lap and doted on him. He basked in the attention like a little puppy and didn't even bother asking for her name. Shocker.

He pointed at Harry. "Fucking whipped."

"I just worry, you know?"

Scarlett's eyes flickered up to meet Melanie's. Warm and gentle. She always meant well, no one knew Scarlett and her past better than her. And Scarlett had been so reserved when it came to men, so that's why it scared Mel when she fell so deep and so quickly with Harry.

Not scared, for fear of losing her to him. Their connection wasn't like that. She was scared because she didn't know anything about him. He was powerful, silent. Impossibly wealthy, clearly a means of more than simply owning a bar. Naturally, she worried for her.

Scarlett assured her best friend that she and Harry were getting closer and closer every time they saw each other. And while Melanie could feel happy at the hope and adoration in her eyes, all she could think was that it was the same look she saw when Scarlett first started dating Adam.

And that look didn't last long.

"You have nothing to worry about, Mel. He's been amazing and so open and honest with me. He's come so far-"

"So you're trying to fix him. Tell me one time that has ever ended well."

"Don't be like that. I trust him and he trusts me. He clearly hasn't been this open with anyone in a long time. We're happy and having fun getting to know each other. You want me to be happy, don't you?"

"Scarlett." She shot her a look. "Of course, I do. I just don't want you to get so wrapped up in this guy. What happened with Adam still haunts you. I know it does. I just want you to make sure you're healing from it before you take on Harry's past."

Scarlett adjusted on the sofa. The two had planned to go out but instead holed up in Scarlett's apartment with two tubs of ice cream. She dug her spoon into the tub in her lap. Like her sex life, it was far from vanilla.

She smirked, picking up a dollop of the dessert and scooping it into her mouth. "The sex is amazing."

"Well, if he's making you come, what's a little deception on the side?"

Scarlett rolled her eyes and stole some of her ice cream in retaliation. "Stop being bitter, he treats me good. He looks after me and will continue to do so. And we're exclusive now which makes me feel like he's actually willing to open up more."

Melanie grabbed her hand, staring at her deeply. "I'm happy for you, really. I'm sorry, I just get so protective over you ever since-"

She cut her off. "I know, and I appreciate it but I'm okay. Really. I've moved on from all of that. I started anew when I moved back to New York and it's been the best decision ever."

Melanie nodded, accepting her sense of judgment. Scarlett, giddy, ate another scoop of ice cream and practically bounced in her seat. She couldn't help but feel excited and want to share as much as she could about him.

"He has a dog."

"The fuck? How did he hide that for so long?"

"He's super protective over her. It's pretty sweet, actually. And she's adorable."

"Okay, that's cute. I'll give him that. Has he mentioned anyone from his family?"

It was my dad's. That's wasn't hers to share. That's where she drew the line. She listened to Harry and didn't mention anything about her flower delivery, his art collection, or his secret apartment. In an odd way, she felt like she was protecting him.

"No."

Melanie's eyes narrowed. "Interesting."

"You just need to spend more time with him. Get to know him."

"So, like... is he your boyfriend now? Your sugar daddy? I don't understand this dynamic."

The question stumped Scarlett. She knew he wasn't her sugar daddy, that was ridiculous. His money didn't matter to her, but he made sure she enjoyed it as much as he did. But he also wasn't her boyfriend. Right? However, they'd gone from being happy only sharing their bodies to sharing pasts and secret apartments. They'd admitted they didn't want to share each other. That they found everything they needed from one another.

"We're taking things slow." There was one thing she was sure of. "I don't want anyone but him."

Even if in little increments, he was giving himself to her. And even if in tiny pieces, there was nothing she'd ever wanted more.

***

I miss you every time I'm away writing, how are you?

Do you know what I can't wrap my head around? ADONIS IS AT 25K READS. It's insane, I'm so happy you're enjoying my story so far! I love the journey we're on.

Thoughts on Zayn becoming more involved in the business?

I've been slowly dotting in tiny clues and hints and teases... You'll be learning a lot more soon. This story is going to be pretty fast-paced.

I know it's kinda early but does anyone have any theories or predictions?

Check out my one-shots in 'daydreams' & my stripper short story 'Love, Sex, Dreams' if you fancy some smut!

I love you, stay safe, stay hydrated! I'll see you in the next one

make sure you vote on this chappy!

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1M 42.8K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
933K 35.3K 83
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
538K 11.6K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.