Tied to a Cervantes

By RedStilettoes

It is not wrong to run. It is not wrong to choose yourself. It is not a sin to rebel against everyone because... More

Tied To a Cervantes
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 16

2.3K 81 27
By RedStilettoes

Abrianna

After touring around mom's garden, we sat at the stools beside their pool. I freed my feet from my sandals and checked them. My heels are already red. No wonder, they feel tired. I sighed and gently twirled them for a slight massage before putting back my sandals on.

"Mom, I think kuya will talk to me later because of what he found out" I glanced at Vienna and she is pouting.

Is she pertaining to her dating revelation with that photograper guy?

"You know your brother, Vienna. He is protective when it comes to you. To us. And I'm sure he also talked to Vince so you're not alone" Mom replied. She is right. Cervantes talked with Vince. Nagpaalam siya sa'kin kanina.

So, I was right. Vienna was referring to her dating issue.

"Pero kasi" She pouted again like she doesn't like the idea of talking to Cervantes.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Why? Does he go ballistic when he talks to them? Does he give off an aura of a boss? Or is he scary? All I kmow is he was displeased with the idea of Vienna dating.

I was taken a back when she suddenly looked at my direction and gave me a pleading look. "Talk to kuya kaya, ate. I believe he will listen to you"

Gulat akong tumingin sa kanya. I didn't expect her to include me in their issue as siblings. Wait. Why would she request me to do that in the beginning? Oh right, she thinks Cervantes and I are getting along pretty well. Tsk.

I immedietely shook my head. "I don't think so" I blatantly replied 'cause why would I talk to him? What would I even tell to Cervantes in the first place? Huwag siyang pagbawalan ganoon? I am in no place to do that. This is a matter between them so I am out of it. Atsaka para namang makikinig iyon sa'kin.

Her shoulders dropped so I immediately consoled her. "I mean, it's better if you guys are the ones who'll settle it. Cervantes, I mean your kuya, means no harm for sure"  I guess?

"Your ate Abrianna is right, Vienna. It's better if you talk to Luke. Pagsasabihan ka lang ng kuya mo, anak, at saka para namang hindi ka palaging kinakausap ng kuya mo" singit ni mom.

Oh, palagi naman pala silang nag-uusap so why  the reaction?

"That's the thing, mom. I'm used to it but this.. this a different thing" she seemed frustrated kaya mas lalo akong na-curious. Does Cervantes swallow people alive when mad? Kidding. She's just too bothered. "If this is about me coming home late at night, I would surely know how kuya will react but this ..this is me going on a date, mom..and kuya argh I don't know how things will turn. What happened in the dinner is just a taste. He is soo primitive kasi"

I chuckled at her used adjective. Primitive. Damn. You are Old-fashioned then Cervantes.
Kaya ba ayaw mong makipagdate si Vienna?
Tsk. I guess he is one of those brothers who are playing the 'over-protective brother' role. He is one of those brothers na ang over protective masyado. Tsk.

"Your kuya just wants the best for you, Vienna. You know that very well" Ngumuso si Vienna. I can see that she disagrees. Well, I would do the same if I were her. Who would even be happy when you are heavily guarded by your brother to the point that dating seems like marriage to them?

I am lucky I didn't get to experience that with Alejandro. He is balanced I can say. That big ass brother of mine. I hope he is happy wherever he currently is.

"Anyway, I'll head inside first. May titignan lang ako" Agad akong tumingin kay mom nang magpaalam siya. She fixed herself and looked at her daughter. "Vienna, accompany your ate Abrianna"

"No worries, mom" Vienna replied

She looked at me. "I'll leave the two of you here. Pumasok kayo agad, okay?"

"Yes, mom. We'll be inside in a bit" Tumango naman siya bago umalis.

For some reason, I felt more comfortable when mom left.

Nang kami lang ni Vienna ang naiwan, tumingin muli siya sa akin. "Ate, kusapin mo na kasi si kuya Luke. Please. Pretty please. Explain to him our side as girls " she gave me a puppy look. Earlier, she was uncomfortbale around me even reluctant to approach me but now she seems comfortable and even asking a request. I mentally smiled. I liked it. But that doesn't mean I would agree to her plead. This is their issue and I'm out of it.

"I don't want to talk with him tonight. Feeling ko po kasi pagagalitan niya ako. I'm not prepared and I don't know what to tell him if he asked me to explain na siguradong gagawin niya" she continued.

I breathed in. I don't want to directly reject her so I asked instead the question lingering inside my head. "Why would your kuya scold you? You're just dating a guy, Vienna" I pointed out. Gusto kong malaman ang sagot diyan. Alam ko kasing may iba pang rason kung bakit ganito si Vienna. She wouldn't want to talk to Cervantes just because she is dating. There must be another reason. I may not want to involve myself but this is the least I could do- to understand her situation deeply ..and think of other ways to help her perhaps?

Ngumuso siya na parang may inaalala. "Pinagsabihan po kasi ako ni kuya, ate na sasabihan ko daw muna siya kapag may gustong makipag-date sa'kin bago ako lumabas. Pero hindi ko ginawa kaya eto po"

My eyebrows rose up. "That's it?" I unbelievable asked.

She nodded that made rolled me my eyes. The heck. I thought the reason is deep but damn. That's too shallow. I didn't know Cervantes would be this unreasonable. Tsk. "Does he usually do that? Scold you when you disobey him?" I almost sarcastically asked.

"Hindi naman po, ate. Only with big matters"

"Big matters like?" I'm having a doubt with that 'big matter' thing.

"Like partying, getting drunk, coming home late without informing anyone and dating. Those things po, ate"

I breathed in a loud breath and lightly rubbed my forehead. I thought so. "Do you mean you are not allowed to do those things?" For some reason, I am starting to get frustrated with how she is guarded. Just how do they want her to live her youth!

"Well not totally forbidden, ate but it may seem like that"

Damn. That life sounds like an imprisonment to me. And how come those things are even big matters? They are just normal things for teenagers. Gosh. At bakit na-sstress ako dahil lamang hindi niya na-eexperience ang nga bagay na 'yon? Goodness. Well, why would I not be when she's missing a lot of experiences and fun because of one man. Damn Cervantes.

I breathed slowly. "To make it short, Cervantes, I mean your kuya, doesn't want you partying, dating, or do these things you mentioned?" I clarified.

She nodded. "Yes"

I closed my eyes but opened them afterwards. This is crazy. "Don't you feel suffocated or frustrated? You should experience the excitement of being a youth. You're already 18 right, Vienna? You can do what you want" I cannot believe Cervantes is robbing these experiences from his sibling. Parang hindi siya dumaan sa pagiging kabataan para pagbawalan ang kapatid niya. And why are their parents letting this happen to her. Goodness. I suddenly wanted to help her have fun.

She nodded. "Yes, ate. Vince and I are already on legal age but our grandparents said that we should not treat legal age as our total freedom to do the things we want. We should take it as our stepping stone for utmost maturity, resposibility and accountability, instead"

What? I felt the sudden urge to roll my eyes at her. Is she guilt-tripping me? 'cause she's making it sound like I'm a bad influence! Ako na nga itong sinusubukang intindihan siya tapos ganyan ang sasabihin niya? The heck.

"Your grandparents told you that?" I carefully asked not to sound offended.

"No. That's according to kuya po"

And here I thought it was directly said to her. Pinasa lang pala nang gago. Tsk.

"He grew up so close with our grandparents kasi kaya hindi po siya lumaki na ganoon ka 'wild' and now he is sharing to us what he had learned from them"

I scoffed. Not so wild. What an excuse. Sorry to burst your bubble but I beg to disagree, Vienna. That jerk was "disciplined too well" so he didn't get to experience the fun and excitement of getting wild. And now he is trying to do the same with the two of you. That explains why you have limited movements outside the world, why you do not party, sneak out, have fun, date and enjoy and so on.

I wanted to tell that to her but of course I have to sip my mouth because it is not my thing to interfere with how they are raised. Though I feel frustrated with it and wanted to help her, which she indirectly and unconsciously rejected, I know my place. But that won't erase the fact that I am irritated at Cervantes at this moment.

"But with our generation, it is kinda hard po actually." she looked down. "Getting torn with what they've taught you to what your friends or classmates are doing. 'Yong tipong lumalabas ang mga kaibigan mo tuwing gabi pero hindi ka pwede dahil may magagalit. 'Yong pwede sila magpaligaw sa mga gusto nila pero ikaw bantay-sarado. They seem happy and enjoying while you feel outcasted and left-behind. That's why it sometimes frustrates me even suffocates me when I try to  follow them and end up getting scolded at home."

That's when I finally rolled my eyes. Good things she didn't notice kasi nakayuko siya.

This is the thing about being controlled or let's say well-disciplined. There's a moment you would feel different and you wanted to try. But the moment you tried even just for once, people would misinterpret it as rebellion without even knowing that maybe you just wanted to experience it to be freed from naiveness. Tsk. Kaya dapat hindi sila hinihigpitan.

"Sinumbatan ko minsan si kuya kasi pinagalitan niya ako nang minsang umuwi ako dis oras ng gabi. Sabi ko bakit siya nagagalit gayong nakauwi naman na ako ng maayos. Wala namang nangyaring masama sa akin atsaka hindi naman ako araw-araw ginagabi ng uwi. Ngayon lang naman. Pero mas lalo siyang nagalit. Sabi niya kung gusto ko raw magpariwa, mag-isip daw ako ng mabuti. Matuto daw muna akong maging responsable sa kung ano ang magiging resulta ng gagawin ko bago ko gawin ang mga bagay na ikakapahamak ko. "If you cannot take all the consequences, better start to think deep and hard" those were his exact last words"

I gaped at her. Cervantes said that?

"That's so harsh" I gently whispered for her not to hear.

I imagined a young Vienna taking those heavy words from Cervantes and my heart sunk. How can he say that? How the fuck can his heart take it? Masyadong masakit ang mga salitang binitawan niya kay Vienna. Nasasaktan ako para sa kapatid niya kahit sabihin nating matagal itong nangyari.

I guess this is one of the reasons why Vienna doesn't like to talk to Cervantes this night kahit hindi niya sabihin. Masakit magsalita ang kuya niya.

If he can throw such words to his sibling, how much more to anyone? To his employees? To the people around him? To me?

How cruel. 

"Have you tried telling your parents about what you feel?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes, ate"

"What did they tell you?"

"They made me understood the situation at naintidihan ko naman po. It is all for our sake. Atsaka may kamali din naman po ako kasi hindi ako nagpaalam nang gabing iyon kaya ganoon na lamang si kuya" She smiled a little. "He was mad and scary that time. Akala ko nga pagbubuhatan niya ako ng kamay pero hindi. Kuya never laid a hand on us no matter how angry he was. Not once. Sa katunayan po, habang umiiyak ako that time dahil sa naghalo-halong frustration, galit at takot gawa ng  mga sinabi niya, niyakap niya ako at pinatahan"

"He regrets probably" I directly said but Vienna shook her head.

"Kuya acted that why because he cares for me he and loves me"

I mentally scoffed. Care and love. Tsk

"But he should be careful with his words. Love and care are not always enough reason, Vienna" Mahinahon kong sabi sa kanya. I don't want her to notice or even know that I dislike how her brother threw those words at her.

"Of course, ate. I understand po. Pero we both know that kuya is different naman. He may sometimes over react but you would feel his love and care for you even with when his mad, right ate?" she beamed.

I simply smiled and chose not to answer. Heck.  I never knew his brother so how can I  tell? And I know Cervantes also feels the same. We both don't deeply know each other even if we are staying under one roof.

They really think we're living good, huh?

"At saka nagagalit lang naman po talaga siya kapag alam niyang mapapahamak tayo sa ginagawa natin"

Maybe. Who knows.

It didn't take long before mom called us. We headed back inside. When we entered the kitchen, we were greeted by the three- the couple Cervantes and Cervantes himself. Mukhang nag-inuman ang mag-ama dahil may dalawang baso sa counter.

Cervantes stood up when our eyes met. Linapitan niya ako at nagulat ako nang halikan niya ang ulo ko sa harap ng pamilya niya. The heck.

"How's your tour around the house?" he softly whispered. I smelled alcohol.

His dad lightly shook his head when he saw us. Palihim namang ngumisi si mom while Vienna just passed us by.

Okay. What is he trying to show?

Wait.

"Are drunk? Tipsy perhaps?" mahina kong tanong.

"What?" He stepped back and faced me. "Me? Tipsy?"

"Yeah?" I am not sure so I am asking.

He chuckled lightly. "I do not have a low alchol tolerance, wife" then he moved to my side. "What made you think I'm tipsy?" He slowly snaked his around my waist. I saw how his dad grinned so I bit my inner cheek. Damn. What is happening?

"Nothing" I lied. I just cannot tell him that his sudden gesture caught me off gaurd that's why I am asking. That's just shit.

Bakit kasi kailangan niyang maging touchy sa harap ng parents niya? It's damn making me uncomfortable. Just how many times do I need to feel this shit feeling at this night?

"Where is Vince by the way?" I asked since he was not around.

"Upstairs. He's resting" He faced me. A small smile slowly appeared on his face while his eyes flickered. I raised him an eyebrow because he is being suspicious. What is he planning this time?

Out of the nowhere, he gently tucked a loose strand of hair in my ear. I gaped at him but I quickly gathered myself. Agad kong inalis ang kamay niya. "What the heck do you think are you doing?" I hissed and glared at him. Hindi ko linakasan ang boses ko dahil baka marinig ako ng mga kasama namin.

"Nothing"

The heck!

"You think I'll believe you?" nagtitimpi kong tanong. Akala niya hindi ko alam. He is up to something! That explains his touchy gestures.

"You think I'll believe you, too after randomly asking if I'm drunk?" he grinned.

"So what is this? You're getting back on me?" I sarcastically asked.

"Mom, where is my rocky road ice cream?" We both looked at Vienna when she suddenly spoke. She's checking the fridge with her back on us.

"Of course not, wife. I'll never do that to you" Cervantes softly whispered near my ear.

"Oh I don't know, baby. You ask your dad" mom replied Vienna.

I faced him. "That's not how I see it, Cervantes"

"Dad?" I heard Vienna called again so I glanced back at her. But Cervantes lifted my chin with his pointer finger and made me face him. I slapped his finger away and glared at him.

He smirked. "I was just teasing you, wife. You just look cute especially when your supressing yourself"

I glared at him as I control myself from hitting him. "Just like now" he smirked. The fuck.

"I have no idea, Vienna" I heard the old man replied.

I swear that moment I wanted to bang Cervantes' head. Damn. I continued glaring at him but his grinned widened even more.

"Vince grabbed it earlier" he suddenly answered then faced Vienna. I rolled my eyes. Tsk

"What? Pero sakin 'yon, kuya. Sa kanya 'yong vanilla" I looked at Vienna, too. She is facing Cervantes but she immedietely pouted kaya tinignan ko muli si Cervantes. And there he is giving Vienna piercing gaze. I nudged him. Agad naman siyang tumingin sa'kin.

"Stop that" I said. Tinatakot niya ang kapatid niya.

"Stop what exactly, wife"

I rolled my eyes. As if he doesn't know.

"Kunin mo na lang kung ano ang meron diyan, Vienna. I'll buy your flavor tomorrow" I heard mom said. I checked Vienna again and saw her getting a cup of chocolate ice cream.

"We're leaving now, dad. Mom." Cervantes suddenly announced that made me turned my head back at him. He gave me a knowing look before looking at his parents.

"Oh, is that so?" Mom stated.

Tumingin ako kay mom."Yes, mom. We still have things to finish" I smiled. Cervantes rubbed my side waist.

"I see"

"You're going home already, ate?" I looked at Vienna when she asked. "Ahm yeah"

"Oh. Ingat then, ate" she gave me her sweet smile then continued eating. Hindi man lang niya pinansin ang kuya niya. Well, if I were her, I would do the same. Ang oa lang kasi ng kapatid niya. Hindi na ako nagulat nang tawagin ni Cervantes si Vienna dahil sa pang-snob nito sa kanya.

"Vienna" he called, more like he warned.

Vienna pouted. She stopped eating and looked at her brother. "Po, kuya"

He was about to speak but I stopped him.

"Cervantes" I looked directly in his eyes, giving him a warning look, too. Is he really like this? Scold any time he sees there is something wrong. Hindi man lang siya nabahala na nandiyan ang parents nila at nandito ako.

Good thing he got what I meant and didn't continue disciplining Vienna at that hour. He sighed in defeat and looked at her.

Vienna was busy eating so she didn't notice when Cervantes softly glanced at her. But I did. I saw how his eyes turned gentle, soft, apologetic and ..loving?

For a moment, I was dazzled.

Is this what Vienna meant when she said Cervantes is different? That even if his mad you would still see his care and love?

I watched him for a second before I quickly tore my eyes away from him and faced his family. "We're going now. Mom, dad, Vienna" paalam ko muli.

They did not comment on what happened and just bid their goodbyes, too. Seems like its normal for them. Or maybe they trust their eldest that much.

"Come and visit when you two have time" mom reminded. Cervantes and I agreed.

Before we left, Vienna mouthed me a 'thank you'. I smiled back.

Cervantes saw it and he scoffed.

"We are going to talk" he said when we're heading out.

"Oh we're definitely going to"

Because you have a lot to explain, Cervantes. Like when did you damn talk to father?

He won't expect me to skip that part.

••••••

A/N:
Happy reading! Keep your thoughts coming for dedication💕

~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

666K 18K 62
Have you ever met a man as ruthless ,selfish and stubborn as Marcus Mendez well I suppose not Meet Marcus Mendez a co-owner and CEO of Mendez indust...
24.1K 616 106
"you are not a victim Ivanna nor am i a culprit. " He hissed "let's do the business properly. "I stare at him with sniffing with warth, He only kno...
1.6K 63 14
WRONG BRIDE - CORRECT BRIDE Regardless of being a self- made Billionaire, the untamed billionaire Antonio is the heir apparent to his Father's stinky...
1.7K 64 19
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...