a guide to final happiness โฝแดธ...

Por DIRECTIONELESS

SEQUEL TO 'A GUIDE TO MODERN PHILISOPHY' Mรกs

๐—”๐—•๐—ข๐—จ๐—ง ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—ฌ
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿญ
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿฎ
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿฏ
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿฐ
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿฑ
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿฒ
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿณ
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿด
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿต
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿญ
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฏ
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฐ
๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฑ [๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ฒ]
๐—ง๐—›๐—”๐—ก๐—ž ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ
Not an update (sort of)

๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ

965 83 323
Por DIRECTIONELESS

𝗛𝗶, 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗮𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝗼𝗻-𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲. 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘂𝗻𝗶, 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲. 𝗜 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱. 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗲𝘅𝗰𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 :)

"Listen, you said you are going to clean the fireplace room yesterday and it's still a mess," Harry complains. It's been two days since Harry's birthday night and Louis promised to clean the room the morning after, but it still has the blankets in front of the fireplace and the suits splattered around the place messily.

"Listen, if it bothers you that much, you could already clean it," Louis looks over the living room cough backseat right into Harry's eyes. The curly man frowns when he sets the tea onto the table for Louis. The rich man is currently looking through the divorce papers, going through everything once again with his lawyer. 

The lovely lawyer woman is on Zoom, already knowing the situation between Louis and Harry, since Louis didn't want to hide anything from her, though she decided it's for the better not to mention Harry in front of the judge, just in case the other side would twist it against them.

"Don't pull out this attitude on me," Harry bites back, pushing his hair with his hand away from his face and leaving the living room right after to clean his own workplace. It's actually around 9 in the morning, but Louis and Harry decided today they are going to visit the MET, which makes Harry internally scream happiness. For him, there are 3 most important art museums every artist should visit at least once - Louvre, Vatican Museum and MET. He only had a chance to visit the Vatican Museum so far, and to say he is delighted to go and see MET is an absolute understatement.

This time though, they are going to try and hide from any cameras. Louis even prepared himself some sunglasses and a cap, just so he will be somehow undercover. Harry laughed when he saw the rich man choosing a cap from his collection, but Louis quickly reminded him he is being watched and New York is not Rome. That shut the curly man up, because yes, they have been already spotted and papped, so he even decided to prepare himself a beanie, just in case. With that, it was Louis' time to laugh at him and his sudden worry, reminding Harry he is not famous and he doesn't need to disguise himself.

Luckily, the pap photos never came out, for whatever reason and both men were happy about it. Though Louis is still a little sceptical, saying it can be out whenever, that the tabloids are just waiting for a convenient time (for Louis the most inconvenient time) - that wouldn't be for the first time.

However, it is not scaring Louis away and he knows Harry really wants to see more of the city, so he planned out this day to show Harry the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge and, Museum of Modern Art, and then the MET. Of course, Harry is excited about everything, but the museum is what stands up to him the most, for obvious reasons.

"You don't give me this attitude, love. I'll clean it eventually," the rich man rolls his eyes.

"Before we go out, alright?" Harry orders, slowly packing up his brushes and colours.

"Okay, mum. Anyway, so you think it will be okay? I mean, what if those fucking pap pics come out right before the divorce?" Louis finally turns his attention back to his lawyer. 

The woman is looking at them and listening to their conversation the whole time, and she must admit she never saw Louis like this. She and Louis know each other for a couple of years, nothing too close or too personal, though she attended the snobby parties Louis' father hosted from time to time, and later she attended a few snobby parties of Eleanor's when she hosted them after the wedding. The lawyer saw the difference between Eleanor and Harry, and she saw the different behaviour in her new client. It fascinated her how Tomlinson acted almost the same although it was so visible how he carries deeper respect and love for the stranger called Harry. He always looked stiff and bored around his soon-to-be-ex, which in some kind of way, the woman is happy for the rich man displayed in front of her now. She may not see the whole story and know what really went on, but she is a big fan of love - which is kind of ironic since she is a divorce lawyer. And she is happy to see her client in love even in such a time like a divorce.

"You know Mr Tomlinson, that's possible, and in that case, we have to deny. You will have to declare it's only rumoured, and Mr Styles is only an artist working for you."

"What if they have pictures of us kissing?"

"They- what?"

"We don't know for how long they followed us-"

"Mr Tomlison," the lawyer whines and strokes her forehead in frustration, "Okay, okay. Let's say they do, and let's say they will release it before the trial. You will hate to come clean then, but you will have to clearly state you did not cheat on Mrs Tomlinson-Calder at any point."

"But I did cheat-"

"No, you didn't. You have to deny that to show you've been a responsible father and husband. That will give us a chance to get your daughter," the lawyer sternly says.

"Eleanor knows I've been cheating," Louis states.

"But not with Mr Styles. If they come up with a possible article and photos with Mr Styles and you kissing, you will have to say it was after she left. I know for sure you weren't spotted kissing anyone in the public during the marriage, that rumours of cheating can be denied unless they bring up a witness. So far I did not get notice of anyone coming of that sort."

"So you already know who is she going to bring to the court to testify against me?"

"Yes, I got the names yesterday."

"Who will it be?"

"In their list is her mother and Liam Payne. Gigi Hadid was invited but she turned it down."

Louis breath hitches. Liam? Liam is going to testify against him? He wouldn't do it, would he?

Louis immediately looks behind to find Harry's jade eyes for comfort, he feels like he can't breathe. The worst thing is, Liam knows everything about him, in the end, they are brothers and they spend years together side by side. Liam even knows about his affair with Harry back in Rome, he knows every single one-night-stand ever since university. If Liam is going to testify against him, he is definitely fucked and he can say definite goodbye to his daughter, there is no way the judge will give him custody or even sharing custody if Liam is going to testify against him.

Louis feels like he is underwater. He can't breathe or think right now, he is only looking into Harry's eyes. Harry sees his lover panicky expression, so he stops cleaning and walks to the living room, "Darling, in and out. Listen to me."

"Mr Tomlinson, are you alright?"

"No, Liam can't come to the court. He can't."

"Unfortunately we can't say who they can or can't bring there. Is there something I need to know?"

"Liam can ruin me. He will ruin me, he knows everything," Louis says breathlessly. Harry sits down next to him, getting hold of his hand.

"Love, breathe."

"Mr Tomlinson, what I can advise you is to carefully think about your list of people. I would like the list to be sent by tomorrow so I can present it to the court and to the other side. Bring someone who will testify to your favour," the woman says carefully, feeling suddenly awkward to see her client breaking down, "I will have to go now. If you need anything, please call me. Have a good day and please stay out of further trouble, Mr Tomlinson."

Once Louis and Harry are alone, an uncomfortable silence draws upon them. Louis is trying to calm down and Harry doesn't know what to do.

"Harry, he is gonna say everything," the rich man finally speaks up, looking up into his favourite green eyes.

The curly man sighs and hugs him tightly, his huge hands running through his back, hoping he is creating a nice comfort for him, "He won't. You are brothers, he wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

"He is already testifying against me."

"Yes, I know. I am sorry. But you need to come up with someone to testify for you."

"I think I'll invite Zayn. He always has my back. And Perrie, too. Maybe Taylor," Louis generates a couple of names, not that he has many people to count on. The sad thing is, he has only a handful of people who Louis can trust and count on. And now the list is even more thinner since he lost Eleanor and Liam. In reality, he doesn't even think Perrie nor Taylor would be good for this trial - they do not really know about his life. Yes, they are friends, but they do not share everything together. They do not even know he is divorcing in the first place.

He would invite Gigi, though he knows it would make bad blood between everyone - Eleanor and Gigi are basically best friends. It would be unfair if Louis invited Gigi to testify for him, even more since Eleanor already invited her. He is a tiny bit glad Gigi turned her down and for a fact he knows Gigi would turn him down as well, just simply not to get between the two raging bulls.

"It's totally up to you who you trust. If I could, I would go there and tell them whatever to give you your baby, but I can't."

"I wish you could be there next to me," Louis whispers.

"I'm sorry, I can't. But I'll be waiting for you when you close that chapter of your life," Harry says.

"You fucking sap," Louis chuckles, "Thanks. I feel a tad better. Can we go out? I need some fresh air."

"Louis, she just said to keep out for trouble, this is not a good idea to-"

"Shut up. I need to go out and get my mind off of this. And I want to see you freak out when I'll see the Starry Night painting."

"Now you shut up," Harry blushes, he cannot wait to see all the paintings. But if it will make Louis a little better, his freak-out that is, then so be it.

"Okay, let's go. I can't wait," Harry stands up, taking Louis' hand in his and leading the way upstairs to get changed before leaving.

Once Peanut was gently caged - after the birthday night Louis ordered Robert to go and buy a bigger cage so the kitty wouldn't be in her travelling small one, and they put in blankets and bowls with food and water so she would feel comfy and nice - and the men prepared, they went down to the lobby and stepped out of the big skyscraper.

"It's so nice out here," Harry comments. The sun is shining and conclusively, it is warm. The snow is melting slowly, and to say finally, it is an understatement. If there was another snowy night, the whole city would've collapsed. It was a lot of snowing lately. But now, the streets are wet and cleaned from the white white snow, huge stacks on the corners of sidewalks. 

Louis laughs, "You are jealous of me wearing sunglasses, I bet my money on it."

The long-haired man looks at his lover for a quick glance, but instead of seeing the handsome, lovable face he just sees black pilot sunglasses and a red cap, "Very well. I kinda do. I mean, the sun is bright today."

"We can go to the store and buy you some," the rich man offers.

"No, thanks. I don't want to spend your money like some gold digger bitch. You already bought me suits, that's enough."

"Technically you are gonna buy it with YOUR money, silly."

"Oh, shut up with this. It's still your money. Where are we even walking?" Harry asks curiously, he knows they won't walk all the way to the sights, first, it's a long walk, second, Louis is the laziest person he ever met.

"Robert was out buying some groceries and he was with my car, so we are walking towards him, he will take us to the traject that will take us to the statue. Sounds alright?" the rich man explains quickly, keeping his head to the ground, voice hushed as well.

The undercover behaviour Louis has is bothering Harry a little bit. He definitely understands why, and he is not complaining out loud - he just wishes Louis could act like a normal person. Harry just wishes Louis was a normal, average, non-famous man so they could hold hands, laugh loud out and enjoy the city fully together.

"Yeah, sounds great," Harry says instead, a small smile tingling on his lips. On the other hand, Louis could cancel this day and keep himself inside until the divorce. This going-undercover is still somehow better than the fact Louis could be inside all grumpy.

They successfully get to the Statue of Liberty, Louis getting more chilled and comfortable, stating there are too many tourists for paps to show up. But one never knows, so as much as Louis calmed down and started to act more like himself, he never put down his glasses and a cap.

And Harry was out of it. He always was a ball full of excitement when it came to exciting things. And sightseeing the New York City was definitely exciting. He was pointing out things and showing Louis his observations, making the rich man take a few photos for him to later send to Niall and his mum.

This pattern repeated with the Brooklyn Bridge as well - Harry excited, Louis making fun of him. Harry didn't mind or paid attention to Louis' teasing, instead, he made Louis take some selfies with him.

The men are currently in front of MoMA, and the curly man stops for a second.

"What's up?" Louis wonders, looking up to see Harry's concentrated face.

"I am just sinking it all in, you know. It's making me nervous and excited."

"Does it really mean so much to you? To see just some art?" Louis asks when he carefully takes Harry's hand in his, guiding him to the entrance of the building.

"So much! It's like... I don't know. I feel like I am kind of connecting to all those big artists? It maybe sounds silly, but then, when I visit a museum with art or some exhibition, I feel more motivated and more educated as an artist. I feel like I am a little one step closer to be just as good enough as all those people who now have their work framed for many people to see and many people to know and talk about," Harry rambles and rambles until they come inside and Louis shows the lady behind the counter their tickets.

The rich man finds it incredibly endearing, Harry's explanation, that is. All the passion that he carries for the art and everything associated with it, you don't see it in everyone every day. It makes Louis astonishingly lucky to stand here, in this building and holding a hand with possibly the most expensive, beautiful art on the planet.

Harry starts to explore the halls, walking from one canvas to another, with Louis hand in hand. It fascinates Louis how Harry is intrigued by every work they come across, drawn into himself and his own mind as if he has an internal conversation with himself about his thoughts. Louis doesn't want to intrude such a process of Harry's mind, so he is quiet, looking more into Harry's facial expression more than the famous paintings in front of him.

"Oh my God, look Louis! It's The Starry Night!" Harry suddenly exclaims, startling the rich man a bit.

The curly man is pointing ahead where a bunch of people are standing around, taking pictures. There, on the wall is one of the most famous Van Gogh paintings. The mixture of blues, yellows and blacks screams from the canvas all the way to Harry's eyes, creating the bubbly and exciting feel inside of his whole body. His eyes twinkle like two most precious diamonds under the bright light and Louis thinks the man next to him is just a tad from jumping in the air and rushing to the picture to grab it and run away with it.

Harry forgot all about Louis, slipping his hand away from him and walking hypnotised and excited towards the art. Louis would laugh at him, but more than amusement, the man is fully charmed and sickly in love, so he just watches the love of his life walk away from him with a faint smile and warm feeling in his heart. He stays a little behind, leaving Harry to have his moment with the painting.

He knows so well he will never get bored of this feeling. This exact feeling where he knows he satisfied and made happy his lover. Of course, he always felt good and even powerful every time he made Eleanor happy, though this is a totally different feeling. When he makes Harry happy, he feels just as happy. With the woman he lived with, he just felt good he made her happy. Now, he feels good and happy at the same time.

"Where the hell are you? Don't stay behind, come with me!" Harry walks back from the small crowd, pulling Louis away from his thoughts and encouraging him to walk to the composition with him.

"You were just so quick, I couldn't keep up," Louis says, now walking with the curly man to the artwork he doesn't really acknowledge as a real treasure. He never really saw into art and he doesn't understand why is it so popular and sweeping off every artist. It's just a painting.

"I want a picture, can you?" Harry shoves his camera to Louis who doesn't even protest, because of course, he wants to take a picture of happy Harry.

They wait a while until it's Harry's turn to step forward and pose next to The Starry Night. He does a thumbs up pose with a cute dimpled smile and Louis presses the button a few times so Harry can choose the best of them all.

"You look adorable, darling," Louis comments when the taller lad comes back to him, both of them earning a few glances from the strangers around. Harry acknowledges the stares, flushing up and wondering if it's because of Louis' remark and the fact they are two males being affectionate, or if it's because they are recognising Louis and his voice. Both of the options are making Harry uncomfortable.

"Let's move on," he whispers and takes the rich man's wrist to pull him away and make a room for other people to explore the famous composition.

"What's wrong? You're not smiling anymore," Louis frowns.

"People were paying us attention, maybe they recognised you. We should keep moving, I think."

Louis' face falls. He is sad. He is angry.

He is ruining this experience for Harry. Just because he is stupid and famous, "I'm sorry."

"What? Why?"

"I'm ruining it for you," Louis offers the camera back towards Harry.

"You are a bimbo, really. You're not! If not, you are just making it even better. Stop being stupid," Harry rolls his eyes and takes slow steps, examining the next art positioned on the wall.

"I'm sorry you have to be cautious and always thinking of me and my undercover, I know it's annoying," Louis shrugs.

"Stop it. It's not and I fully understand it. What I am sorry about is that we can't really kiss each other now. If they really got the idea it's you and take a picture with you, it better not be me sucking your face off," Harry jokes, but he means it. He would give up sun and stars to be able to kiss Louis right here and now just to prove how serious he is. But he knows better than this, they are not reckless teenagers and they must remain apart, at least for now.

"Harry," Louis stops his steps, right where another famous painting called "The Lovers" by René Magritte is hung up. Harry wanted to have a proper look at this excellent picture, but Louis' serious tone of voice and the way he said his name are making him look sideways, right into the black sunglasses. For a second, he wonders if just that isn't paying him the attention - sunglasses and a cap inside of the building is pretty ridiculous.

"I love you," Louis suddenly declares, knocking Harry's breath out immediately. He said it so confidently and seriously, just as if he meant it a hundred times more than before, "You don't have to say it back or anything. I just want to let you know. I didn't tell you back in Rome, which was a huge mistake and I just hope deep down that saying and emphasising the feeling out loud will make you stay with me. I wish it will, because I truly, deeply love you."

Harry doesn't know what to say or do. He doesn't know if he is allowed to faint right now, or scream, or maybe even run away. He loves Louis, without a doubt, but he is not sure he wants to say it out loud, just not yet. He is being cautious and careful because their affair back in summer 2021 ended up in disaster and he doesn't want to get hurt like that ever again. It was the worst he ever felt and he knows for a fact this time he wouldn't make it, not again.

He sees the hopeful expression on Louis' face, even through the glasses. He feels so bad and panicky because he doesn't want to make Louis upset. He said he doesn't have to say it back, but Harry knows Louis is secretly hoping to hear the words back. But it's either upset Louis right now or feeling the anxious squeeze of his heart until Louis pushes him away at some point.

And Harry sometimes needs to be selfish and think of his own feeling before someone else's.

So he just nods, looking away from the rich man so he won't see the pained expression he is carrying right now.

"C'mon, we have more to see," Louis sighs, but he tries to sound as if Harry's reaction didn't affect him at all. He gently takes the larger hand with many rings into his own, pulling the taller lad through the exhibition. The truth is he would much like to go home now and have a glass of some liquor, but he can't - simply because it's not about him, it's about Harry. And they have another museum to visit after this one - the MET.

___

"And did you see it? It was so awesome!" Harry exclaims when they finally step out of the lift into the dark and empty apartment.

"Yes, love, it was cool," Louis agrees and lights up the place, though he kind of lost track of Harry's ramble about the MET exhibition halfway home.

"What do you want for dinner? I can make some light salad, and add chicken pieces for you if you want, that is," the curly man questions, putting off his scarf and boots.

"Sounds good," the rich man finally puts off his cap and sunglasses, together with his winter jacket and boots. He takes a straight line into the living room, uncaging the kitty and petting her immediately. 

Harry knows what this small upset behaviour is about. So he is not going to poke more into Louis just to anger and upset him more. With a sigh, he walks into the kitchen to make the salad.

After half an hour, Louis frustratedly groans on the bar chair. Harry turns away from the pan where he is making the chicken and scans the situation. Louis is looking through his phone, which makes Harry kind of stressed. Are the photos of them out?

"What's up?"

"I am looking through my contacts. I don't fucking know who would come to testify for me," Louis complains.

Harry thinks it's pretty sad, that Louis has no one to help him. It just proves how someone can be all famous and rich, but it doesn't mean anything if they don't have people to count on in their worst.

"You mentioned Taylor and Perrie earlier, though?"

"I am not sure. I will call them after dinner, though. Tell them what's happing and ask them for help."

Harry nods, and he sees the unsettled expression on Louis, "Is it Liam, right?"

"Yes, it makes me fucking lose my mind. He literally can rat me out, which I would maybe deserve, but I just want my baby girl."

"I know. I am truly sorry this is happening. I thought Liam is a better brother."

"No, he is the best brother, he was very accepting and understanding, but everyone has their boundaries, I guess," the rich man sighs, he misses Liam.

"Don't worry about it, everything's gonna be fine," Harry tries to assure his lover, putting the chicken pieces into Louis' bowl of salad.

___

"Okay, I'll be upstairs. If you need me, call my name," Harry states, pecking Louis' lips before walking up the stairs into his room. He wants to give Louis some privacy while he will call with all of his friends and explain his situation and the favour he wants from them.

The whole dinner they talked about the divorce and who possibly can testify for Louis. The more they talked about it, the more Harry felt like he wants to cry. He sees how Louis just truly wants to be with his daughter and he feels so sad Eleanor tries to deny it from him.

It feels so wrong to think that Liam is against Louis. Back in summer, they were almost inseparable. Harry remembers even when Zayn and Liam found out about the affair, Liam was the one who reacted more calmly and acceptable to the situation. It's just weird to him that those inseparable brothers would have a war.

Once Harry sits down on the couch in his guest room and looks from the window into the night New York City, he gets a small idea.

6.22 Hey Niall, can you pass me Liam's number?

Harry sends the message and waits a while until the device vibrates in his hand.

6.30 What for?

6.30 Just want to contact him, it's important.

6.31 What the fuck is going on?

6.31 I'll explain it after I'll call Liam, please pass me the number?

6.32 Okay then.

Harry receives the number right after, so he clicks on it and it dials right away. There is a few rings going on and the curly man almost thinks Liam is not going to answer until he hears little scratches and then a firm voice, "Who is this?"

"Hi, it's Harry."

"Harry?"

"You know, Niall's-"

"I know," Liam chuckles, "How are you man? Long time no talk."

Harry looks down to his thighs, "It's alright, how are you?"

"I'm fine, everything's good. Why are you calling me so randomly?" Liam asks.

"Well, it's not really randomly. I-"

"Penelope, no, no. You can't eat that!" Liam says suddenly, the phone away from his face so Harry hears him just faintly, "Sorry Harry, I am just babysitting for a friend. So you were saying?"

Harry's eyes widen. He can hear the baby babbling, it's definitely Louis' daughter, Liam even called the baby Penelope. He maybe should go down and persuade Liam for a facetime and allow Louis to finally see and talk to both Liam and Penelope.

But maybe it would only make real bad blood between everyone.

"Well, I wanna talk about something. But please first hear me out before you start raging."

"I don't understand," Liam confusedly says.

Harry tells him everything - how Louis contacted him and brought him to America. He told Liam how Louis is struggling and how Harry is basically keeping the man sane.

Liam is quiet most of the time, he whispers just a few what the fuck's or simple what while Harry's explaining the situation here, in New York.

"Liam, why did you decide to testify against him?" Harry finally strikes with the main question he is meaning to ask from the start.

"I-... No, Harry. Listen. Louis is a dick, I know you know it as well, though I know you feel for him and such. But Eleanor is my good friend as well. And you never saw her point of view. She was struggling a lot before the divorce, because of Louis. I am not saying it's fair for my brother to struggle now, but I do support Eleanor's decisions because she deserves the peace and support Louis failed to give her," Liam talks slowly, hoping Harry will understand everything he is saying, "And it's not like... It's not like I want to make Louis miserable. It's not about it. I just want to focus on my really close friend for once, not to stick up with my brother again, especially when I acknowledge he is in the wrong."

"I do get it. I really do. Though Louis feels betrayed."

"Eleanor felt betrayed the whole marriage."

"So is this some kind of revenge?" Harry asks.

"No! No... It's... You didn't get it, Harry."

"I did and I didn't at the same time. Liam, Louis is drinking a lot and he is a crying mess. Don't tell me you are okay with that."

"I am not, trust me. I just-"

"Please consider what you are gonna say next week, okay?"

"Harry-"

"Louis loves Penelope. He doesn't care about marriage anymore, but he doesn't want to lose his daughter. At least think about it, please?"

There's a little silence before Liam sigh, "Yeah. Yeah, I will."

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

5.7K 167 41
(Trigger warning!โš ๏ธ contains self harm, sexual assault, overdosing) [completed] We're holding so tightly it seems like we're afraid of slipping away...
140K 6.6K 27
Completed {Ziam; Mpreg}
1.2K 12 3
6.4K 488 11
ยป ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š–๐š™๐š•๐šŽ๐š๐šŽ ยซ Maybe a crazy woman, in the right moment in time, was exactly what Louis needed to mend his life and realize the things he lost...