The War of Love and Money

By AmelSmith

A wealthy family fights for the inheritance when their grandfather decided Suddenly to write his will and giv... More

Characters Description
Cha-pter *1*
Cha-pter *2*
Cha-pter *3*
Cha-pter *4*
Cha-pter*5*
Cha-pter *6*
Cha-pter *7*
Cha-pter *8*
Cha-pter *9*
Cha-pter *10*
Cha-pter *11*
Cha-pter *12*
Cha-pter *13*
Cha-pter *14*
Cha-pter *15*
Cha-pter *16*
Cha-pter *17*
Cha-pter *18*
Cha-pter *19*
Cha-pter *20*
Cha-pter *21*
Cha-pter *22*
Cha-pter *23*
Cha-pter *24*
Cha-pter *25*
Cha-pter *26*
Cha-pter *27*
The End

Cha-pter *28*

420 35 154
By AmelSmith

The two women, equal in stature, stood scowling at each other with Shen Wei in between them. The atmosphere in the living room quickly turned hostile and the day darkened in a sudden instant. Shen Wei felt terrified and was at a loss for words. The woman who pretended to be nice looked no longer like his kindhearted wife. The other woman's thin lips curled into a careless half-smile, her eyes radiating nonchalance. She gave Wei a creepy chuckle.

"What do you want?" Yelled Shen Wei in a stoic, dangerous voice. He seemed to have seen through the two women's ruse.

As Shen Wei inclined his eyes, he was pushed harshly to fall on the floor. The two devilish women laughed at him with mockery almost at the same time. Shen Wei immediately retreated few steps back. He glared at them with piercing eyes, cutting their laughter with his silent gaze. Soon Lan Yi and Wang retracted quickly, as if slashed by a knife. A small boy came out from the darkness making his way between the two women and his face soon showed up and was clear to Shen Wei.

"Han Chen?!" Shen Wei breathed desperately before an intimidating look came over Han Chen's face. The people in front of Wei were nearly at daggers drawn. Wei had been cautiously watching the volatile exchange directed to him with terror when he decided to stand up in haste.

"That man is not Han Chen because I am here Shen Wei. I am dead, can't you see? I am dead, you killed me. You killed me, you killed me..." Without sparing another glance to that livid boy, Shen Wei marched slowly backwards to the door. He wanted to run but the door wouldn't open and the three people were walking closer to him holding death in their eyes ready to murder him.

"Yunlan! Yunlan! Yunlan......" Shen Wei was screaming in his sleep. When Zhao Yunlan's sleep was startled by the sudden screams. He heaved a long sigh before waking up Shen Wei.

"How many days have passed already? Your condition is not improving at all Wei Wei Ah!" Shen Wei cracked open his eyes slowly, looking around the room like a thief who had been caught doing wrong. He looked like he was searching for somebody.

"What is it? Are you looking for me?" A man's voice came from nearby. The very next second, the devastatingly handsome face of his boyfriend materialized in front of him. Shen Wei felt the terrible pounding of his heart when he realized that they were the only ones in the room. Suddenly, a sentence flashed through his mind.

"I can't trust this man, he is not Han Chen" He thought internally feeling a little bit uncomfortable and disappointed.

"You........... are..........not Han Chen, my boy is dead long ago...........and if you were him, you would at least remember.............. something about us" Shen Wei stuttered awkwardly before he could make his statement clear, however, it did not make any sense to Yunlan who looked very worried. Shen Wei struggled to sit up and braced himself against the bed headboard, abstaining from meeting Yunlan's eyes.

"Do you not believe me? I swear, I am your Han Chen babe" Yunlan arched his dashing eyebrow at Shen Wei as he plopped down on the bed. He grabbed his chin gently, nudging him closer. Their breaths seemed to mingle as the distance dissolved between them. For a moment, Shen Wei's mind went blank at the closeness. He inhaled sharply, wondering how this man could be so soft and so bold at the same time

"If you don't believe me, I will force you to. Use your heart Shen Wei and you will see me clearly" Yunlan was not the type to give up easily. He never expected to be the man Shen Wei loved his whole life. This delicate, lovely man turned out to be his long lost soulmate. Yunlan's shoulders shook with silent laughter. It was confusing, but intriguing how Wei looked clueless. Yunlan jerked forward and the latter flinched. He reached out and put one of his palms against the wall next to Shen Wei's head. Within moments, he had him caged in his embrace.

"Get away Yunlan!" Shen Wei was hesitant, he tried to feign indifference even as he made an effort to control his breath. His face instantly flushed and his mind drew a blank once again. Fortuitously lifting his eyes to glare at the man, he found the dark brown gaze if Yunlan already upon him. Wei's eyes widened in shock as Yunlan drew even nearer, a hint of a playful smile dancing around his lips.

"Fuck off!" Wei ordered furiously.

"I will rape you Shen Wei until you lose consciousness or die"

"No, It hurts" Suddenly, Shen Wei shoved the man away with a strength that surprised even himself. Yunlan laughed at him loudly and moved back a few inches.

"No, No!" Frightened Shen Wei woke up panting and sweating. He wrapped his arms around himself, gazing at the sleeping Yunlan with guarded eyes. After few seconds, he grabbed the knife under his pillow and slowly held it against Yunlan's neck. He taunted at the situation while he was stroking his hair in curiosity on the way he should kill him with. He still smiled cunningly, and there was a hint of anger in his petrifying expression.

"Let's just wait for a little bit before I can send you a lifeless corpse to your father, I promise you Yunlan. Don't you think I'm stupid enough to believe you and Han Chen are the same person" Yunlan was tongue-tied. He was pretending to be asleep when he was aware of everything happening around him and with his lover who didn't fail but to hold the knife close to his neck every night. Yunlan wanted to cry but forced himself to calm down before Shen Wei could sense anything.

Wei quietly put the knife back under his pillow. He got up and gave Yunlan an awkward gaze before he headed to the bathroom. Yunlan immediately opened his eyes and looked at his reflection on the mirror, shocked to the core at his words. An inexplicable sense of doom swept over him. Yunlan kept his wary eyes glued to the man who would apparently determine his fate one night. He became very familiar now with Shen Wei's murderous behavior now and then.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

"If this comes to the open, disgrace would befall our family. Our reputation would be completely destroyed." Zhu Hong thought of herself, who would be devastated if the news about her dad being gay is leaked inside the company and among her entourage. No, that could never happen. She had to keep this secret at any cost before she could break the two apart. Suddenly, there was a slight rap at the door that pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Hong! Darling !" Hearing her father's voice, Hong quickly covered herself with the quilt. The door opened and in came Xin Ci.

"It's 11. A.M already, please wake up. Stop being lazy" The crisp sound of footsteps made Hong sink deeper into the bed sheets. She closed her eyes and felt a headache coming on. She wondered what in the world was her father doing inside her room. Xin Ci slowly walked into the ward, his eyes swept gently over the woman hiding under the sheets before he could hear how rude she was.

"Get out! I don't wanna see you, I don't have a dad. My dad is not gay, he is not dating a man and a friend of mine" Zhu Hong said, sarcasm dripping from her tone. She showed up from under the cover and crossed her arms as she glared at her dad. Her attitude toward him had always been hostile since he declared his relationship with Yezun. Hong just treated her father with utmost disrespect and humiliation. Soon her rude attitude and alienating cold eyes pissed him off further, since he was used to being loved and extolled by his only daughter.

"Happy Birthday" Xin Ci was forced to calm down for the sake of her. He walked with careful steps towards her bed and placed a small gift on her bedside table before he took his leave ignoring all what she said, however, taking it into consideration. Zhu Hong soon opened the gift a bit frustrated before she found a frame of photos of her and her father when she was too small. Hong grunted in tears as she embraced that picture deep into her arms.

"I am the one who is supposed to find a boyfriend, young, handsome and rich. Why is it you father that get to date Yezun?" Zhu Hong cried in silence. She felt her stomach began to churn and before she knew it she was running towards the bathroom and hurling her guts out in the toilet. After feeling that she had let out the entire contents of her stomach, she washed her face and brushed her teeth.She was looking at her reflection in the mirror when suddenly something occured in her mind.

Xin was sitting with Yezun in the dining room waiting for his daughter to come down and have breakfast with them. He couldn't count the minutes before he saw her coming down the stairs still twitching her lips, Hong forced a fake smile through her closed lips. She obviously had a plan in her mind. In a instant, the fake smile evaporated as she gave Yezun a glaring look. All the while, he had been bashfully holding her father's arm and glimpsing at her with a flushed face.

"How shameless! What are you doing here? I don't want to see you two together, leave!" Yelled Hong with a clear warning in her eyes, the sharp sound of her shoes echoed in the big hall when she walked to them. Soon Yezun raised a threatening eyebrow at her as she was taken aback by his fierce attitude.

"Happy birthday! I am here to celebrate your birthday like every year Hong, did you forget?!" Smiling gently yet his eyes averted to the calm man at his left side when Yezun felt like drowning in his extreme obsession after looking at him with such affection. The two were immersed in the profoundness of the gazes they shared and didn't pay much attention to the furious woman who took slow steps towards Yezun and harshly slapped his face making her sudden move unpredictable.

The sharp sound of the slap broke out in the air. Stunned, Xin Ci muffled his mouth as he was taken by surprise. Hong glared at Yezun while she bit her teeth, she floundered in rage seeing how affectionate the two gazed at each other. A few red streaks appeared on the fair face of Yezun when he suddenly couldn't open his eyes, he felt slightly dizzy and lost his balance as he was unable to open his eyes. Who would have thought that this girl has such strength and boldness.

"Yezun Ah! Are you okay? Look at me please" The thought of what just happened right now made Xin Ci very worried. Yet he didn't want to talk to her because it was her special day. He got up shortly to hold Yezun in his arms. The latter seemed like fainting, the slap was harsh and strong on his face making his nose starts bleeding right now. That was unmistakably a shameless behavior from Zhu Hong. However, Xin Ci was trying to understand and tolerate her insulting and irrational behavior.

"Take this man out of here and leave both of you, get out, get out" Zhu Hong's irrational behavior was still getting more intense and out of control, but her father's tolerance for all of this had limits, of course. Patience, no matter how long it takes, may run out.

"This is my house. If you want, you can leave" After realizing what had happened and what her father said, Hong felt danger swinging around her and she tried to mediate the situation. Faking her shock, and started crying making herself look like the victime. Her dad pushed her away and stared at her with sullen and piercing eyes. He held the unconscious Yezun in his arms taking him upstairs.

"I am your only daughter, how could you throw me out just for a man you started dating recently" For a moment, Hong did not know who is more in need of her father's help.

"I feel lonely! I've always been lonely, you always looked after that family leaving me to different nannies to take care of me. When did you give me such attention and love?" Zhu Hong screamed as she looked at her father's back with clear grievance in her red eyes. The man was shocked and soon stopped moving. Because he was her father, he felt the burning sensation and the pain of every letter that came out of her mouth. Because he was negligent in her right, Xin Ci felt those words penetrate his heart and body, causing deep wounds that neither the present nor the future can heal.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Shen Bai was sitting at the dining table without appetite or desire to eat, especially while he was surrounded by his enemies who hated him most. Lan Yi was sitting with her son Chu, as she claims. She was very happy while she fed him with her hand at times and gently caressed his face at other times. She wanted to get on the old man's nerves. The two great enemies looked at each other. Their demeanor was in sharp contrast.

Shen Bai was almost shaking with anger while Lan Yi was sitting on the chair next to him leisurely as if she was on a vacation. Shen Bai felt frustration rise up in him like never before. His eyes narrowed in anger and his lips curved up in a taunting smile. Once again, he issued her a slow warning.

"You need to pack your belongings and leave, this house is no longer mine and Yunlan doesn't want you here especially after you poisoned him" Shen Bai declared in a slight calm annoyance. When she raised her head and looked at him, a pair of beautiful, wicked eyes smiled in her direction, calming her nerves a little.

"I have filed an appeal to the will and a lawsuit over my deceased husband's rights to inherit. I hired one of the biggest lawyers in the country so you should be prepared, and by the way, I settled the outcome of the votes in my favor, and I will work hard to expel Yunlan from the company. There is already a buyer for his shares with 80% contribution. His incompetence to manage his position in the company forces us to take immediate measures, including changing the major shareholder in a time when his presence becomes a burden on the majority."

"The laws and rules that you set and arranged to be one day in your favor will no longer serve you anymore, I am now in a stronger position than you for the first time. How glad I am to see your plans fail while I finally win. Patience indeed is beautiful, I have always been patient with your cruel treatment of me just for a day like today to see you all defeated and helpless" Lan Yi gripped her son's hand tightly and in the next moment relaxed her hold, realizing that she was showing all the signs of being anxious. Lifting her chin, she looked Shen Bai in the eye bravely, adopting a determined stance.

"Let me tell you one more thing, you can never win against me. Our minds think differently, you want money, you can take it. However, me? I want revenge" Shen Bai raised one curious eyebrow at her, averting his head lazily to Chu as he said his last words about revenge.

"What do you mean?" She asked in a small voice after hesitating for a while. Her cheeks flushed in turmoil, she was worried about her son as she held his hand firmly.

"You should prepare yourself as well, you won't be enjoying your fortune whatsoever" Shen Bai pivoted on one foot and walked out, in his irritation slamming the chair with a violent thud to fall. He paid no respect to the people sitting there. Watching him leave, Lan Yi looked at the fallen chair and smiled a little trying to maintain her calmness.

"His face is an unreadable mask; his intentions are unclear. I am afraid I am driving you into a bloody war" Lan Yi became worried suddenly after her son was being involved into this mess. It was like a battlefield without any smoke between her and her father in law. She had been hiding under the shadow of her son listening to his tense words. Shen Bai's threatening was unexpected.

"Don't worry mother, I will protect you. These people won't be able to touch a single hair of yours" Lan Yi felt a sense of relief. Her son must have his reasons to forgive her. He Was trying to accept their relationship, mending the bond between them.

"Oh! Look who came at this late hour!" Chu tried to provoke Zhao Yunlan who seemed already irritated as he walked inside the dining room.

"As far as I remember this is my house and you are unwelcomed guests. You'd better leave fast before I could call the police. Oh! I forget that I am one to mention" Deliberately, Yunlan emphasized each word, suggesting that with a hint of sarcasm. It also seemed to imply that he might not wait any longer.

"How many souls do you have?" Lan Yi couldn't help but shrink back. She could smell the danger he emanated and had no doubt that he was silently scheming against her. She was lost for words. He always said things she had no idea how to respond to.

"I can't tell you how much I hate you, and that you annoy me so much" Before Lan Yi could think twice, she voiced out her ugly feelings towards the man, loud and clear. She knew Yunlan was clever enough to handle any situation that's why she kinda was scared of him. Yunlan just laughed at her instead of responding to her absurdity. Her forthright words amused him.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

"Can I use your phone to call Yunlan please?" Shen Wei who was locked in Yunlan's apartment for nearly a weak requested politely from Lin Jing. The man kept him company whenever Zhao Yunlan went out for an errand. He cornered Shen Wei in a narrow gaze not certain about his true intentions. Yunlan had thaught Lin Jing carefully about his lover's weird behavior. So he kinda was cautious.

"Let me dial his number for you" Lin Jing made the call and waited for his boss to pick up the phone. He then passed it to Shen Wei who looked instantly delighted and excited. He grabbed the phone and walked away from the man who laughed at the clumsy expression Shen Wei was making, he then turned his focus to the tv again.

"Ah Lan!" Called Wei with a desperate voice.

"Yes babe! Do you want me to buy you anything, I am coming back soon" Upon hearing the lovely voice of Wei, Yunlan's anger calmed down and melted slowly in the thin air.

"Han Chen!" Shen Wei called again trying to believe the name he yelled just now was related indeed to his lover.

"It's me your Han Chen babe" Yunlan smiled gently from the other side of the line.

"Ah Lan! I just called to tell you come back to me, I miss you so, so much"

"Uhm! Okay. I will be there soon, I promise"

"When will you be here? I want to know?" Shen Wei was sure aiming at something.

"In an hour maybe or more, I need to clear things out with my dad and I'll be there, okay?" Yunlan didn't seem to notice yet how he unwillingly fell in his trap.

"Bye then, I love you" Shen Wei swiftly hung up the phone and dialed another number secretly while his eyes were watching that watchdog man sitting on the couch pretending he was still with Yunlan on the phone. after he finished talking, he gave back the phone to his owner and went to his room to change his clothes. Shen panicked, starting to be afraid while he was waiting for his brother to come pick him up. His eyes were wild and fierce as they looked into the window from time to time.

"Where is he?" Yezun came with Xin Ci, he yelled at Lin Jing and pushed him away running in every corner of the apartment to find his twin. Wei didn't wait but went out of the room and was ready to leave. Lin Jing on the other hand was helpless after Xin Ci stood in his face and asked him to free Shen Wei on his guarantee. The three men left silently before Lin called Yunlan while his voice quivered, he was not ready for his mad reaction.

"Did he Lock you there intentionally?" Yezun was patting his face as the other was leaning on his shoulder.

"No, but I have things to do and Yunlan is being overly protective. He said, he wouldn't allow me outside the apartment before the investigation finished"

"Zzz zzz zzz"

"Babe! Is it Yunlan?" Yezun asked after he heard Xin Ci's phone vibrating repeatedly.

"Yes, I will take him to Yezun's apartment. He will be safe there, don't worry........... But......, I see" Xin Ci regretted taking him out after Yunlan yelled at him in frustration telling him about his condition. It was a big risk for Wei to be free where he can do whatever he wants without being restrained or stopped.

"What did he say my Yunlan?" Shen Wei was concerned, he was afraid they would take him back home.

"He said he will come pick you up tomorrow, he said he will let it slide just for tonight" Standing in front of the thirty-six-floor building, Shen Wei held his breath. With his silky hair streaming in the the strong gust of wind, he wore the determined expression of someone ready to fight for his life. Neither Yunlan's repeated warning nor the sheer danger of being imprisoned later mattered. Those things didn't scare a person anymore, when he thought his life was literally on the line.

The next morning Shen Wei received a bouquet of flowers and a package, he was extremely excited. He prepared a small gift for Shen Bai before he could ask for a delivery to come pick them up and take them to a certain address. Those flowers were probably poisonous. Shen Wei at this moment felt relieved, he felt like lifting a huge burden off of his shoulder. That man deserved to die for whatever reason, he thought to himself as he still wore a languid, sinister smile.

"Shen Wei ! Breakfast is ready?" Called Xin Ci, the man who prepared it himself for the two brothers.

"Mr Xin Ci! I need your help. Actually, I want to divorce Wang!" Said Wei with a hint of determination.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Nervously, Shen Bai licked his dry lips and dragged his heavy feet to walk to his seat while Yunlan was already waiting for him in his office. In spite of how he felt, he had to keep going. Braving the awkward atmosphere, Shen Bai forced himself forward slowly with a heavy heart, afraid to meet with Yunlan's eyes. He had to face him anyway, hoping he would understand, and forgive him for all what he did. For that he kept reminding himself that everything will be okay.

"You seem worried old man!?" Yunlan sighed at his father, his eyes were a bit teary making him reached out to the troubled man and held his hand.

"I am afraid that I have feelings for you more than I thought it was. My heart beats louder every time you call me father. However, I don't deserve it Yunlan, all the attention and care you are giving me" Hearing Shen Bai's devastated voice, Yunlan froze in an instant. With a cold face, He pulled himself away trying to make sense of his father's words. Yunlan knew Shen Bai didn't hold affection for any of his family members. If he did, his eyes wouldn't hold such callousness when he looked in their direction. However, Yunlan was an exception.

"Zzz zzz"

"Knock knock" Both a knock at the door and Yunlan's phone interrupted the importance of that serious moment. Shen Bai found that as an escape as he run to open the door of his office whilst Yunlan quickly checked his phone and saw two emails. One was sent by Yu Tong regarding his case and the second was from Da Qing and it was about Lan Yi's son. Yunlan took a long breath before he opened the first email holding the evidence against Lan Yi when he drew a winning smile on his face.

"Flowers? Who sent them?" Asked Shen Bai taking the bouquet from the maid's hands. It was wrapped with plastic package transparent and inside of it a fancy card. Shen Bai smiled instantly thinking it was Hong who sent it as a thank you back to him for the gift he sent her on the occasion of her birthday.

Yunlan suddenly lost the smile on his face, he had no longer that will to get involved in this domestic war with his sister in law as he thought she was before he read that file. He was scared that he was only a tool in Shen Bai's eyes, to be used at his dispense. Yunlan put back his phone inside his pocket and with big disappointment he looked at Shen Bai who was smiling and unwrapping the flowers bouquet in attempt to read the card before a flash back run inside Yunlan's head about the odd behavior of Wei last night.

"Stop right there? Don't touch anything!" Did he just save the life of the man who destroyed his life. Zhao Yunlan was watching Shen Bai's face while surprised, with tears in his eyes.

"Let's assume that I am only protecting Shen Wei, not you"

I hope you like my update. It will be the end soon.

Please do not hesitate to vote and comment if you like it so far.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 733 15
shenwei has been taking care of yunlan since he was a little kid.....he loved him too much as a brother..... but what if yunlan doesn't return his br...
48.5K 2.2K 27
The story is about revenge and love that emerge between a very rich businessman, the heir of one of the biggest investment companies in the country a...
11.8K 758 12
The first time they met, Wei didn't know him, but Yunlan did, because Fate had seen what was going to happen and didn't like it, so she gave Yunlan a...
43.5K 1.8K 22
Have you ever thought that your dream will come true. Shen Wei is just an ordinary student back then with a big crush on Zhao Yunlan, the rich, brigh...