Hayden

By Drea14_ac

(Spin-off to My New Baby + My Baby Girl - Book 3 of 3) Hayden hears something he shouldn't of, between his Mo... More

Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.

Chapter 1.

3.6K 63 8
By Drea14_ac

My story starts with my eighteenth birthday, which is actually today. After I out grew the whole little kid birthday parties, my best friend Jacob decided I grew into a new era; house parties. Believe it or not, I'm not exactly the party type kind of guy, I would much rather stay home and watch an endless supply of movies. But when you're friends with Jacob Marcus, and you're part of the popular crowd, it's pretty hard to avoid parties. Even though I don't like them, I'll be there for half of the time. Once everyone's getting drunk, I'll sneak away from the party and head to Anderson Park. There, I will meet up with one of my closets friends, Avery Madison.

I pulled up to the party with my sister, Grace and our cousin Braxton Marc. My sister was barely sixteen, and Braxton fifteen. The only reason why I even came with them was to be able to come to the party. My parents aren't that strict, but they did tell me they wanted me home because they wanted to talk to me. I had to use Grace and Braxton as an excuse to ditch them, and come to the party. I told my parents that Grace and Braxton were taking me out to eat, since it is my birthday after all.

"Hayden, I really don't want to be here," Grace complained. She unbuckled her seat belt, but she didn't seem to happy to be here.

"Yeah Hayden, I was hoping to be at your house soon. Besides, if I knew you were serious about this party I would of invited Hope to come along," Braxton said.

I turned to look at him, and shook my head. Braxton's blond hair was almost falling to his brown eyes, I was use to him having long hair but not this long. Braxton looked like almost a replica of his Dad, it was crazy and weird how genes work. As an example, my sister Grace and I, there is no doubt that we're related. We both share the same shade of brown hair, and the same shade of brown eyes. I had a few freckles on my face, kind of like how Braxton did, and Grace's face had none. Grace's skin was also a bit tanner than mine, and I was just a shade lighter. Those small differences didn't stop us from looking a like though. As for our sister Hope, she was the total opposite of us. She had blond hair, and blue eyes. Her skin was a lot paler than ours, kind of how Braxton's was. Sometimes people have trouble believing that she's even my parents daughter, but I know she's theirs. We've all seen the family pictures of all of us when we were babies. Except, they're missing a huge chunk of my life as a baby, but it doesn't bother me.

"You think my parents would let her come to this party? She's barely fourteen, no I wouldn't let you invite her anyways," I said to him shaking my head.

My youngest sister, Hope, was Braxton's crush. Even though we were all raised as if we were a part of the same family, neither one of us are actually related. My Mom, Aaliyah, and Braxton's Dad, Isiah. They've been friends since they were kids pretty much. They say they're like siblings, so we all grew up just calling each other cousins.

"Dude, I'm fifteen! You think my parents would let me be here at this party? They're going to kill me if they find out I'm even here," Braxton said.

"Yeah, Hayden. Besides, Mom and Dad told you not to come. You can see Savannah and Jacob another day, just not now. Can we just go home?" Grace asked. These two, I swear. It's like they don't know how to be teenagers.

"We're here already, so let's just get off and enjoy. I just want to meet up with my friends for a while, we'll leave in about and hour. Deal?" I questioned them

Grace and Braxton looked at one another, as if trying to see if they were now on the same. They both sighed, and they looked at me.

"Deal," they said at the same time.

As the three of us entered the party, the two people who wanted to immediately leave the part quickly ditched me. Grace noticed some girls she recognized, and Braxton just quickly got lost in the crowd. It's not the first time I sit outside the car trying to convince them to come to a party with me, just so they can leave as soon as we enter the house.

I walked through the house, trying to find my girlfriend and best friend. They were't anywhere to be found. I wasn't sure where they were, but I'm pretty sure I told the both of them I would see them here. After walking around through the house, I was getting fed up looking for them. I was already about to leave to meet up with Avery, and now I can't even prove to them that I was here. It doesn't matter, maybe it's better that I didn't find them anyways. It's usually harder to ditch them anyways, this time I could just leave and come back for Grace and Braxton.

I left the house party, and debated if I should take my car, or just walk. I guess it would be better to walk, that way I don't have to move the car. Besides, the park was only a five minute walk. I looked down at my phone, but I had no messages or missed calls from Savannah or Jacob. Weird, they usually hit me up by now. I did have a message from Avery though, I smiled at her name on my screen.

On my way, meet me there.

~*~

As I entered the park, I went straight to the bench by the swings. Avery and I started to meet up here almost every night, after my Junior year and her Freshmen one, we kept our friendship going in this park. Since I'm one of the popular kids, and she's far from it, our friendship is a secret. I've wanted to be normal about it and just say hi to her during school, but she insists we keep this secret. Something about making our friendship stronger, but I don't get it, I'm not exactly the type to get girls; even though I grew up with three different ones. I just learned that I needed to respect them, which I do. That's why I don't feel comfortable hiding my friendship with Avery, it makes me feel like I'm disrespecting her in a way.

I walked through the park to the bench, but once I saw it I felt upset, Avery still wasn't here yet. This whole meeting up thing is an unspoken thing we do. We'll meet up on special occasions, or just when we really wanted to hang out with one another. Either way I took a seat under the night sky, and waited. She sent a message she was on her way, she must be close to getting here.

As the wind began to feel colder over my face, I finally saw a figure walking towards me. I didn't have to guess, or check, but I knew it was Avery. As she got closer I started to notice her bright blue eyes, followed by her white smile. Since her hair is black, and blends in with the background, I had a hard time making it out, but I saw a few strands blowing in the air. Avery took a seat beside me, and she handed me a blue birthday bag. 

"Happy Birthday," she said. I looked at her for a while, smirking while she just held that beautiful smile I came to know as hers.

"You didn't have to get me a present," I said as I took it from her. Avery took a seat next to me, the smile never leaving her lips.

"Just open it," Avery said still keeping her smile. 

I took the tissue paper on top, and I pulled a notebook. It was a sketch book, for me to draw in. I smiled at her, before going back to the present. I pulled out a box pencils. They weren't the colorful ones, just the regular ones that would allow me to put different shades in my drawing. I was in desperate need of new pencils.

"Did you remember me telling you I needed these?" I asked her. 

I put the pencils back in the bag, along with the sketch book. I was really happy with what she got me. It wasn't something generic, it's something she knew I would actually use. To me, it feels personal.

"I did, and I figured I would get a sketch book as well. I don't know how you are on pages with your current one, but I always saw you drawing in it," Avery explained.

I've never showed anyone any of my drawings. I just sketch for fun, it's more of a hobby than anything else really. It's crazy to me, Avery knows me better than Savannah does. I don't even think Savannah knows I enjoy sketching. Yes, I'm always with my nose in the sketch book, but I don't think Savannah's ever seen me draw. I remember this one time she was looking though my back pack, I wasn't sure why. Point is, she found my sketch book. She just kind of tossed it to the side, and questioned why I had that since I don't even draw. Why am I with her again?

"Well thank you Avery, I really do appreciate this," I said to her.

Avery and I stayed silent for a while. I started to pick up the tissue paper, to stuff them back in the bag. Some of the papers had fallen of the bench, but I picked them up with no problem.

"Remember when we first met?" Avery questioned breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I think I do. Let me see, it was in elementary school, at least you were in elementary school. You were in the same grade as Grace. You two were partners for this project, and you came over to our house. I was in seventh grade, so I was trying to act cool and not talk to you as much. That's how we met, right?" I questioned her a bit sarcastically.

"Yeah, that's when we first met. Remember the second time?" She asked me. 

I don't know why, but sometimes she randomly question me about the time we met. Part of me thinks that she fears that I won't remember for some reason, but another part believes that she wants that memory to be engraved in my mind. Either way, I don't mind telling the story over and over again; I enjoy seeing the smile on her lips after I tell it.

"You moved away, but came back Freshmen year. Grace was a freshmen too, and I was a junior. I was taking that freshmen science class, and you were there, and that time we got paired up. We talked, a lot, and that moment is the one that brought us here," I finished telling the story. 

I love the smile that grows on Avery's lips after I tell the story, and I'm not sure she knows that. Avery Madison is a beautiful girl, but she's barely fifteen, going to sixteen in two months. If I were a sophomore, or a junior, I would probably try to make this girl my everything. Age is nothing but a number, but I would feel a little weird dating someone whose two years younger than me. It's crazy, because my head will remind me that she's younger than me. My heart on the other hand, I think really wants me to break up with Savannah and make Avery mine.

"Yeah, that's exactly how we met," she said.

"Why do you do that? Ask me how we met?" I finally questioned her about it.

It seemed like I took her by surprise, but still kept her composure. After a year of us being friends,  never bothered asking. I don't know why, this time it's different.

"I guess just to remind you, to make sure you don't regret this friendship," Avery said with a shrug.

"That's crazy, Avery. I don't regret this friendship. What I do regret, is agreeing to keep this friendship a secret. You know I had to lie to my sister and cousin about where I was going to be," I said to her. I was hoping to get a reaction out of her, but she didn't even flinch with my words.

"Sorry about that, but I still think it's best to just keep this friendship a secret," Avery said to me. I rolled my eyes, I hated keeping this friendship a secret.

"Why? I really don't see why," I said to her.

I've asked Avery multiple times why she wants this to be a secret. I've even gone as far as telling her that she's just ashamed of being friends with me. She never gives me a serious answer, just that we're from two different worlds. I'm not even sure what that means.

"I'm a foster child, no one in school really talks to me. I have one good friend, and that's only because she's also a foster child. You're Hayden Garza, that's why it's just easier to keep this a secret," she explained.

"Yes, I'm Hayden Garza. Now, can you tell me what that means?" I asked her. I was getting a little annoyed with her answers, they seemed to be around the bush.

"Just everyone wants to be your friend, or girlfriend. Everyone just wants to be associated with you, and I don't want to ruin that image they all have of you. You have the perfect family. Both parents still together, you have two sisters. You all live in a wonderful home. It's just easier this way," she explained.

"Yeah, not everyone wants to be associated with me," I said as I looked straight at her.

Avery looked away quickly, and I slowly lowered my gaze. Any of this still did't make sense to me, but I decided to drop the subject. If I can be Avery's friend by keeping it a secret, than that's what I'll do. I don't want to lose her, or her friendship. She's the best thing that school has to offer.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, and I quickly took it out. Shoot, I forgot I ditched Grace and Braxton at the party. Not to mention I never saw Savannah, or Jacob.

Where are you? And when are we leaving?

Grace had sent a text, and that's when I noticed the time. The hour I told them about was pretty much over already. Time really does fly, at least when you're enjoying your life.

I'll be right there.

I hit send, and I stuffed my phone back in my pocket. I really should go, also before Mom and Dad start to flip out that we're still not home.

"Avery, I need to go. Thank you so much for the present, do you need a ride home? We can walk to the party, and I can drive you before I head home," I explained. 

Avery shook her head. I knew she was going to say no, but it's always worth a shot. I think she took a ride from me once, and that was only because there were some sketchy looking guys at the park that night. If it weren't for that, I don't think she would of accepted my offer.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me. The walk to my house isn't far from here," she said with a small smile.

"Alright, thank you again," I said to her. We both stood up, and walked out separate ways.

~*~

Once I reached the party, I noticed both Grace and Braxton were already outside leaning against my car. I guess they really didn't want to be in that party. I don't blame them though, if it weren't for Avery I wouldn't want to be here either. I walked up to them, already mentally preparing myself for all the questions I was going to get.

"Hey, where the hell were you? You literally left us here," Grace pointed out.

I know I left them, and I felt bad about it. If Avery wasn't so caught up on not making me look bad, maybe I wouldn't of left them. I don't mind people seeing me with Avery. At school I use to even wave at her, to prove to her it was no big deal. The first few times she would wave back, but eventually she stopped so I had to too. That's when she made the rule that it would be a secret friendship.

"Where did you get that?" Braxton asked pointing at the birthday present.

"Someone just gave it to me, let's just go. Dad already texted me asking where we were at," I lied to them.

I was hoping that would stop the questions they had. If I said my Dad was already looking for us, I hoped that would just scare them into not asking questions about where I was at. The three of us got inside my car. Grace in the passenger's seat, and Braxton sat in the back seat. Once we were all settled in I took off. I'm going to get it from Jacob on Monday. I didn't even see him at the party, but at least I did make an appearance.

"Savannah was looking for you, where did you go?" Grace questioned me again.

"You saw her? Did you see Jacob?" I asked her.

"Yeah, he tried hitting on me again. You really need to talk to your friend, I thought you already told him once to leave me alone," Grace said very upset.

I gripped the steering wheel of my car. Jacob has a crush on my sister, or at least he says he does. I don't think he has a crush on my sister though, I just think he wants to get into her pants. I don't approve of Jacob and sister together. I'm just glad at least my sister doesn't find him attractive, so it's just him I have to keep in check.

"I did talk to him, but I'll do it again," I reassured her.

I wasn't going to drop Braxton off at his house, he was coming to our house with us. His parents are at our house as well, waiting for us to cut the cake. We always do this, whenever it's one of our birthdays the whole family shows up to celebrate at their house. It's a nice tradition. Really shows me how lucky I am with, I have an amazing family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389K 8.1K 52
*WARNING: THIS STORY IS UNEDITED! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!* UNEXPECTED TWIST! STAY CALM AND JUST READ! One day Reyna is confronted by childho...
57.9K 2K 33
She was a giver. Always poured too much of love. Never realizing watering a rock doesn't make it soft. Emma is your regular teenage-not! She's keepin...
97.6K 3.6K 25
Ever wonder what a first kiss can do to a lonely heart? Daniella Anne knows. She knows she want him for herself alone, and she also knew that she nev...
5.3M 125K 54
Eighteen months ago Alicia was left standing at the alter. Lisa, Alicia's best friend has had enough of her moping and demands her to go out and get...