Want You Back // Owen Joyner

By rosesforowen

In which a girl sees her first love after almost 3 years [DISCLAIMER: if you have not read my other stories... More

Introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
epilogue

eight

660 21 4
By rosesforowen

It was a nice, hot day in Los Angeles. The twins were busy at their warehouse so I decided to go out for a run.

I had on leggings, a sports bra, and running shoes. I had a band around my arm to hold my phone.

I had on my earbuds listening to hype music. As I ran in the heat, I could feel my ponytail bounce.

I bumped into someone that I didn't see and stumbled.

When I get my footing back, I look to see who it was. Of course it was Owen. It looked like he was out here by himself.

"Sorry for kinda running into you." He nervously laughed as I took my earbud out. "Don't worry about it." I shrug it off.

He looked at me for a second and then walks off. Something in my mind was urging me to yell at him. To tell him to come back.

"Owen!" I yell before I could talk myself out of it. He turns to look at me with an expression I can't read.

I try to catch my breath as I look at him. "I'm sorry for the way things ended and shutting everyone out." I apologize.

He looks at me softly and walks over to me. "You don't have to be." Why does he have to be so kind?

Why can't he yell at me? Make me feel worse. "I just feel bad for how everything went down." I tell him honestly.

After thinking about it, he doesn't know about my dad and what happened.

Unless Charlie told him, which I doubt he did. He shook his head as he looked at me.

"Would you wanna walk with me?" He asked as I smiled. I nodded my head as I stopped my music.

We started walking in the way he was going. "You look good. Like you've been working out." He compliments.

"Yeah, I try to work out once a day for a couple hours. Kyle and Theo got me into it and it helps keep me grounded." I explain to him.

I noticed he grimaced at me mentioning Kyle's name.

"So, he's your boyfriend?" He asked as I nodded. "Two years." I smile weakly. I never thought I'd have this conversation Owen.

"Him and Theo really helped during one of my lowest points." I tell him honestly. He then looks at me confused.

I guess he didn't know. I debated on telling him, but I know I should.

"Two weeks after coming back, my dad got diagnosed with stage four leukemia." He dropped his jaw towards me.

"Is he okay?" He asked. I knew he didn't know. My lip quivered but I shook my head. "He didn't make it. He passed two months later."

He looked at me with a sad expression on his face. "I'm so sorry. I had no idea." There was so much sadness in his voice.

"I didn't tell many people. It took them a while to get me out of it." There was a slight awkward silence.

"What about you? Any girlfriends?" I was curious. He shook his head no. I'm surprised about that.

He honestly looks super good. "Nope. I've just been sticking to my friends." He admits to me.

"What was it like watching Charlie fall in love?" I wanted to hear it from someone else's point of view.

"It was honestly amazing. Taylor brings the best of him out and he's less annoying." He jokes making me laugh.

"But there for awhile when they had broken up, it was so hard seeing Charlie drink himself away." It's so sad to think about.

Charlie is always the hype one and he always made you feel better. So knowing he was at his lowest, and turning to alcohol hurts.

I can't even imagine it because he was like the glue that held all of us together.

"I hate imagining it." I sadly tell him. "Just be lucky you didn't see it. Seeing my best friend that hurt and drunk was the worst." He softly spoke.

I can only imagine. Owen mentions the story of how him and Jeremy had to go pick him up once at his apartment.

He told me how he was barely competent and they were with him all night trying to get the alcohol out of his system.

I hated hearing it. It makes me realize how much I missed out on their lives. "I should've been there to help." I shake my head.

"He's way better now. If anything happens I'll call you." He glanced down at me.

It's weird. I missed so much in three years, but it doesn't feel like it's been three years.

So much stuff happened in our lives that we missed. "Do you love him?" He randomly asked.

I looked at him strangely because I didn't know who he was talking about. "Kyle. Do you love him?" That's such a weird question to ask.

"Of course I love him. We've been together for two years." I remind him. He pouts and looks off into the distance.

He's acting stranger than usual. But I shake it off. As we walk I take everything in.

I can't believe I'm actually here with Owen. I've missed our friendship. As we walked, I get a phone call.

I answer it to see it's Kyle. "Hey, what are you doing?" He asked as I looked at the background.

He's still at the warehouse. "I'm at the park. What are you doing?" I ask as Owen silently walks next to me.

"We just learned a new trick on the half pipe and we wanna show you. Come over." He was grinning from ear to ear.

"Okay. I'll be there soon." I tell him. We share I love yous and he hangs up.

I look at Owen with soft eyes. "I better go." He frowns a little.

"It was nice catching up with you." I agree with him as I wave goodbye.

As I walk off, he yells my name. "Eren!" I turn around to look at him.

"I think a few of us were going to have a small get together tomorrow. Would you like to come?" He asked with hope in his voice.

"Who'll be there?" I ask curious. I cross my arms as I look at him.

"It's at Jeremy's apartment so him, Booboo, me, and Charlie." He lists off.

I miss Booboo and Jeremy so much. They were like my older brothers on set.

"It sounds like I'm crashing out on boys night." I raise an eyebrow towards him. "We can drive separately and you can leave whenever."

It did sound fun. "Just at least stop by." He begged. I sigh as I give in. "Okay fine. I'll stop by for a few hours." He smiled really big which made me smile.

I forgot how infectious his smiles were. He looks like he wants to hug me but doesn't. "I'll text you the time." He grins.

I nod as I back away a little. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I tell him.

We wave goodbye and start walking in the opposite direction. I sigh to myself and shake my head.

What did I get myself into?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 5K 41
"when my heart was locked inside a box, you reached inside and now i see my future when i look into your eyes." in which Elliot Pryor becomes part of...
48K 783 34
They're best friends. Nothing more right? ⚠️currently being re written (for the most part)⚠️
18.2K 282 11
hey this story about girl who going to between 3 boys and all them are in love with her and what she's going to you have to read or hear to fine out
163K 4.7K 58
𝑰𝒕'𝒔 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’† π’˜π’† 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 π’“π’†π’‚π’π’π’š 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓.. 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒉, π’˜π’† π’ˆπ’ π’˜π’‚π’š, π’˜π’‚π’š...