Responsibilities Of An Idol L...

By Yoonreverie

"You're showing me photos of a kid. What are these? Is this you? Are these photos of you as a child I've neve... More

Welcome & Disclaimer
Responsibilities Of An Idol Leader Playlist🎵
Prologue
1. That's How I Like It
2. Should I Look?
3. Helpful Discussion
4. Blast From The Past
5. Before Heading To California
6. Life-Altering Confirmation
7. Less Than A Month Left
8. Opening Up Communication
9. Moonsik
10. Support from the Guys
11. Sister's Input
12. Hello, New York!
13. Shop 'Til We Drop
14. Father-Son Bonding Time
15. One-On-One With the Ex
16. Feelings Ignited
18. 아빠 (Dad)
19. Making Every Moment Count
20. The Rest of the Time Well-Spent
21. Making Changes For the Better
22. Goodbye For Now
23. Committed
24. Distractions
25. Unexpected Visitor
26. Comes with the Territory
27. Dropping By New York
28. Meeting Some of the Uncles!
29. T-Ball & Camping Dad
30. Rendezvous
31. Happy Birthday, Moonsik!
32. Almost Missing Out
33. With the Help of My Son
34. Finally!
35. Official Statement
36. Missing Dad
37. New Addition
38. Fourteen Year-Old Moonsik
39. Proud
Epilogue
Author's Note
Other Books to Check Out!

17. Another Chance

1.4K 77 5
By Yoonreverie

15/04/21-16/04/21

"Soo, I still love you."

I said it. And, I meant it.

I'm still looking over at Sooyoung, while I lay on my side, bare, next to her. She stares at the ceiling for a few seconds, which causes me to internally panic, not knowing exactly what she's thinking at this very moment.

She shifts her body, and lays on her side to face me, "Namjoon... I don't think my love for you ever went away. But, a lot of time has passed with us not having been around each other. What if we're not the same as we were before?"

I look at her, knowing exactly how she feels. "Soo, I know what you mean, but, we can try to start what we had back up. Please give us another chance."

She lifts her hand and places it on my cheek then starts to gently trace my jawline with her thumb.

Sooyoung starts to speak softly, "We can give what we have another try. But, we really need to communicate our feelings, okay? And it's not just you and me anymore. We also have Moonsik and his feelings to consider."

"Of course. I can't let you go again so easily, Soo. And, I know I've said this before, but even though I know we'll face some obstacles, I know that this time around I'll do whatever it takes to show you that I want you in my life. And, Moonsik... although I haven't been around him for long, he has already solidified a place in my heart," I tell her with the utmost sincerity.

As I was finishing what I had said to Sooyoung, I noticed a lone tear and wipe it off her cheek. After that, I wrap my arm around her body, pulling her closer to me.

"I can't believe we are back in each other's lives," she says in a whisper.

"I know, Soo. I'm happy you're in my arms now. And, babe, it's getting late...you have an early morning. Let's try to get some sleep."

She gently nods, gives me a delicate peck on my lips, and turns her body so that her back is pressed against my chest. I wrap my arm around her and nuzzle my face in her shoulder. She's first to drift off to sleep.

I lay in bed just thinking about the past few days. I've met my son who I'm gradually growing a bond with and I know that I'll do anything to be the best father to him, moving forward. I already have an immense love for my son.

Then, I look at the woman beside me. Sooyoung is back in my arms.

I'll do whatever it takes to not let Sooyoung go so easily like I did five years ago.

I love her.

~

Sooyoung's 1st Person POV

It's now Friday. I wake up to Namjoon's phone alarm going off at 5:30am.

"Good morning," Namjoon says from behind me, into my ear, in his gravely morning voice. Damn, I missed his voice when he wakes up first thing in the morning. I also love being wrapped up in his arms.... they've grown so muscular since I've last been in this kind of embrace with him, years ago.

I turn my body to face him. "Joon, why did you set your alarm so early?"

"When I called Chulsan last night, I told him to come get me around 6am so that I can give you time to get Moonsik ready for school, as well as letting you have some time to get ready yourself," he answers me.

"Why didn't you just set your alarm closer to 6am,  so we could get another thirty minutes of sleep?" I ask him.

"Shit, I know you love your sleep. Sorry I woke you up. I just wanted to be up a little early before I leave so I can cherish the morning with you next to me."

I playfully roll my eyes at him. "Joon, you're still the same romantic sap," I say to him then peck his nose with my lips. "I missed my sappy Joon."

"I'm all yours," Namjoon winks playfully, making me softly giggle.

"Well, let's get up and you can get dressed in here. I'll slip my dress on, sneak back to my room to change so my sister doesn't see me in what I was wearing last night, because I know she'll give me shit for it." I stop to laugh, then continue, "I'll meet you in the kitchen and make you some coffee before Chulsan arrives to pick you up."

"Sounds good," he replies. We both get out of bed and retrieve the clothes we threw around the room last night.

I can't believe we slept together last night. But, I'll be honest- I'm more than happy it happened. I missed the way my body reacts to him. I missed the way he touches me and the way he knows how to pleasure me.

I also think back to dinner last night, and I just forgot how much I love conversation with him. We would just get lost in our own little world. I'm just happy he's back in my life.

~

It's now 7am and I'm in the dining room, working on my laptop while sipping on my third cup of coffee. Moonsik is happily eating his cereal and watching 'Miraculous Ladybug and Cat Noir' on his iPad. Namjoon had left an hour ago and, before he stepped out, we had discussed me calling him later, to let him know when to come back in the afternoon.

"Good morning, Lovelies!" I hear Inna, as she enters the dining room with Lucy, each of them holding a mug of coffee. They sit at the dining table, across from me and Moonsik.  We chat about what is on everyone's schedule for the morning. Then, I notice Inna nod at Lucy.

"Hey Moonsik, if you're done with your breakfast, why don't you go get dressed and I'll take you to preschool," Lucy speaks to Moonsik.

"Okay, Auntie Lucy! Good thing I just finished this episode!" Moonsik says in a sing-song voice and hops out of his seat, and exits the dining room.

All of a sudden the dining room turns into an interrogation room.

"Soooooo, how was last night?" Inna asks while wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Last night was enjoyable. Namjoon took me to my favorite Indian restaurant and we had pleasant conversation about what we've both been up to over the past few years and we talked about Moonsik," I tell my sister and sister-in-law, trying to look neutral.

"Okay, so what were all the noises last night that we heard?" Lucy asks with a raised eyebrow.

I choke on the sip of coffee I just took.

"Seriously, Soo! You two were in the guest bedroom right across from our room. Did you think we wouldn't hear you moaning his name? Damn you're loud!" Inna adds on, smirking at me.

"I knew you'd hear! Okay?! I didn't think I'd be interrogated like this so early in the morning! I'm sorry you both heard that, but Namjoon and I got lost in the moment!" I admit to them.

"Oh, it definitely sounded like it," Lucy chuckles, "But, what does that mean for you and Namjoon? Was this just a one-time thing or what?"

"We discussed it before and after we slept together. And, um, we are going to give our relationship another chance. And, Inna, before you start lecturing me, Joon and I went over everything. I know that we also have Moonsik's feelings to consider if things don't work out. But, Namjoon assured me that even if, for some reason, us being together doesn't pan out, he will still be in Moonsik's life. And, well, we both regret letting each other go the first time around."

"Soo, I know you think things through and you're not one to make hasty decisions. I'm not going to lecture you. Honestly, I think it's great you're going to try being with Namjoon. I know it might be difficult with his work lifestyle, but, if you still care about him and want him in your life, I support that," Inna smiles at me and I can't help but feel emotional.

"Me, too. We just want you to be happy, that's all," Lucy adds on.

"That means a lot," I breathe out.

"Of course," Inna winks at me.

"Oh, by the way, Namjoon is coming over this afternoon and we are going to tell Moonsik about Namjoon."

"You are?!" Lucy asks with a surprised tone in her voice.

"Yes, he made a good point that he doesn't want to wait and drag it out. He said, the sooner the better. If Namjoon's ready, then we'll tell Moonsik today!"

"Well, I'm basically off today from engagements. I just have to stop by my office this morning to take care of some minor details for an upcoming event, but, if you and Namjoon need me present, I'll be here," Inna offers.

"I would love that, sis," I say, in a grateful tone. I honestly don't know what I would do if my sister wasn't in my life.

"Then I'll be here. I think it'll be fine. Don't be nervous. Okay?! We don't know exactly how Moonsik will react. But however he does react, we'll get through this together. It'll be fine, one way or another, Soo."

"I hope so."

*********

A/N:
Question time!

We are getting close to the premiere of Butter! What do you think the song is about?! And, do you remember your first comeback with BTS?!

🎵Song to check out: "Dust Me Off" by Tilly and the Wall

Please vote and comment! I enjoy seeing what you have to say! And, thank you for reading! XOXO✨
-MissD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 1.4K 84
Complex (adjective): consisting of many different and connected parts One day was all it took for Jungko...
23.4K 1K 13
Jin is a 25 year old man whose wife has recently left him. He finds himself struggling to deal with being newly single and continuing to have a relat...
5.2K 335 19
Yoongi was used to being ignored. He was young when he realized the people around him didn't care for him as much as they said they did. Therefore, h...
28.3K 1.1K 63
Feelings between two people always start to grow. It's a natural phenomenon. You can't stop it. There will be things standing in their way. All they...