Haikyuu x Reader One Shots

By TrapdoorFreddles

Haikyuu Characters x Reader One Shots. Each story will have randomly generated characters and Romance Tropes... More

About:
1-Satori Tendou
2-Hajime Iwaizumi
3-Shinsuke Kita
4-Yuji Terushima
5-Lev Haiba
6-Osamu Miya
7-Kei Tsukishima
8-Keiji Akaashi
9-Kotaro Bokuto
10-Wakatoshi Ushijima
11-Asahi Azumane
12-Shoyo Hinata
13-Koshi Sugawara
14-Tobio Kageyama
15-Daichi Sawamura
16-Kenma Kozume
17-Rintarō Suna
18-Yū Nishinoya
19-Atsumu Miya
20-Tetsurō Kuroo
21-Ryūnosuke Tanaka
23-Morisuke Yaku
24-Tōru Oikawa

22-Tadashi Yamaguchi

745 12 3
By TrapdoorFreddles

~Story 22~
~Title: From Your Secret Admirer~
~Character: Tadashi Yamaguchi~
~Trope/AU: Secret Admirer~
~Warnings: Wholesome-ness~
~Word Count: 1673~

***

"Tsuki! Did you see that?" Yamaguchi cheered, pointing into the gym.

"See what?" the blonde asked, as he headed into the gym.

"Wait no! Don't go in, y/n's in there!" Yamaguchi whisper-yelled, grabbing Tsukishima's arm and pulling him back behind the wall and out of sight.

"The one from our home-room?" Yamaguchi nodded. "So? It's our gym and we've got practice in 10 minutes,"

"Exactly, let her practice in there for a bit. She always leaves 2 minutes before we go in anyway,"

"I never took you for the stalker type,"

"Keep your voice down! And I'm not a stalker. I just like watching her do her serves. She's really good," he whispered. Tsukishima rolled his eyes.

"If this is a self-worth thing, your serves are fine,"

"Not as good as her! I would love to get her to teach me someday,"

"Then why don't you go talk to her. I really don't understand why you're causing such a fuss here,"

"I can't do that! I've never really talked to her outside of class, nor about Volleyball. She probably doesn't even know I play,"

"I think everyone knows you play. Anyway, stop being such a scaredy-cat and go in,"

"No! I can't..."

"Then I will. I'll tell her to get out of our gym," Tsukishima said, going to head in.

"NO!" Yamaguchi yelled.

"Someone there?" both boys heard your voice say. Yamaguchi looked at Tskuishima, then ran around the corner. You quickly picked up the ball and put it away and grabbed your bag. You left the gym and saw Tsukishima there. "Oh hey Tsukishima? How are you?"

"Eh, I'm fine. You?"

"Oh, I'm fine. just getting a few serve practices in before my team goes and plays this weekend. Sorry, did you need the gym?"

"No, not yet. My team's practising in there in about 5 minutes anyway,"

"Oh, yeah true. Sorry,"

"It's fine. I'm just early,"

"Was someone with you by the way?" you asked, remembering the whole reason you had come out. Tsukishima contemplated telling you for a moment, but he shook it.

"No, I was just on the phone,"

"Oh, ok. Well, I'll head off, I'll see you around!" you said cheerfully, skipping off with a wave.

"Tadashi, she's gone," Tsukishima yelled out once you were out of sight range.

~~~

"I really don't know how to help you. I mean, I did say go talk to her but you know," Tsukishima said bluntly, helping Sugawara with getting out the equipment. It was on the highest shelf and Sugawara didn't want to get the ladder out so he borrowed Tskuishima. Yamaguchi just followed.

"Ooo, is this about a girl?" Sugawara asked, turning his gaze to Yamaguchi.

"Uh... yeah..."

"Cute! Come on Tadashi, tell me all the detailsssss," Sugawara asked. Tsukishima handed him the things he had gotten down.

"Oh, uh, I'm not really sure what there is to say. There's this girl in our home-room, y/n, and she's on the girls' volleyball team. We've spoken a couple times in classes, but not much. She's really pretty and really nice. I realised that she comes in here before our practices to borrow the balls and practice. She's a pinch server too and she's really good and I want to get some tips, or even just get a chance to talk to her, but I'm too shy and stutter and panic every time I get close to talking to her," Yamaguchi ranted. Sugawara smiled.

"You should have come to me earlier kiddo! I can help you,"

"Really?"

"Yeah! You're main issue is actually talking to her right?"

"Right,"

"Well, what if you communicated to her without speaking to her?"

"You're saying he should write her notes and slip them in her locker?" Tsukishima asked.

"Bingo,"

"I don't see why he can't just talk to her,"

"It's not that easy. Give the anxious child a break Kei," Sugawara said defensively, holding Yamaguchi.

"But Sugawara-senpai, wouldn't she just approach me after the first note?"

"Not if she doesn't know who it's from," Sugawara said, winking.

"Oh! That might work! Thank you Sugawara-Senpai!"

"No worries kiddo!"

~~~

You were so tired today. You were ready for yet another boring day. You just wanted it to be over already. Nothing good was going to come out of it anyway.

Or so you thought.

You opened your locker and saw a small envelope in your favourite colour that someone must have slipped in there. You looked at it confused. Maybe someone got the wrong locker? You picked it up and neatly scribbled on the front was your name, clear as day. You grabbed your books, shut your locker and headed to home-room quickly. You sat in your seat and eagerly opened it. It had a little letter in it.

Hey y/n,
Sorry I'm talking to you like this, I don't really know how to talk to you in person. You're really pretty and just so sweet and it kind of intimidates me! I don't mean that in a bad way! Sorry.
Oh, and I saw your volleyball game last weekend. It was really good. Congratulations on the win. Your serves really are impressive!
Anyway, I hope you have a great day,
~From your secret admirer.

You smiled down at the letter. It was so cute and the handwriting was really good. You looked around your room to see if someone was looking at you or did something that would indicate that it was them, but it was nothing. You looked back down at the letter and neatly put it back in the envelope and put it in your pocket.

~~~

Yamaguchi had seen you smiling over it and the next day, he saw you eagerly open your locker and he could tell on your face you were hoping for another one, but there wasn't one and you looked so disappointed. Yamaguchi had been worried that it would come across as creepy and obsessive, but you seemed to like it so he quickly wrote another one in maths and placed it in your locker by lunch. From then on, it had become some sort of tradition. About a week later, you looked in your locker and found yet another letter. You couldn't dare wait to read it, so you read it on your way to homeroom.

Hey y/n!
I really hope these aren't getting creepy. I really enjoy writing these and you seem to be in a happier mood now I've been doing these... I just wish I could talk to you in person, but you know, anxiety...
But I can.
One day.
Assuming you want that!
~From, your secret admirer.

You smiled again reading it. You knew this secret admirer had no idea, but you were slowly figuring out who it was. It had to be someone in your homeroom class or nearby classes, so that limited it quite a bit. It also had to be someone with extracurricular activities otherwise they would go home and not know you practice in the gym and that you played volleyball. You still weren't sure, but you were close.

~~~

You walked into your classroom to see a letter and a present both with your name on your desk. There were a couple of kids in your class and you looked at them all. You caught gazes with Yamaguchi, who quickly looked away and continued talking to his blonde best friend. You shrugged it off and opened the present as it said 'open first'. It was a volleyball by a good brand and it was customized to be your favourite colours. It was gorgeous and you couldn't wipe the huge grin off your face if you tried.

Hey y/n.
I heard it was your birthday today, so I got you a present!
I'm not really sure what you would have wanted, but I hope this is ok. I know for a fact it's a good kind, I use them a lot. Hopes this help you with practising your serves. You have to teach me how to serve one day by the way.
~From your secret admirer.

You smirked. You weren't sure if your secret admirer had meant this, but they had basically told you exactly who it was from. Only your close friends and your home-room class knew it was your birthday. Then, you only knew two boys in your class who played volleyball, and one of them was a middle blocker, and probably wouldn't do this thing anyway, and the other was also a middle blocker, but you knew from watching their games, that he was also a pinch server. You had them now.

You spend the next class writing a letter and slipped it into Yamaguchi's locker. You heard Tsukishima's voice coming down the hall and saw him with Yamaguchi coming your way. You quickly ran around the corner.

Dear secret admirer,
I think I've figured you out. Your letters were very cute and I loved it, and the present is amazing! Thank you so much! I love it.
You're so sweet and really amazing, so, I have a question for you on the next page.
~From, YOUR secret admirer.

Yamaguchi opened his locker and found the small letter there. He looked so shocked and looked around. He looked back at the letter then at Tskuishima.

"Do... do you think she figured it out?" he asked. Tsukishima shrugged, but he smiled, having a got feeling that this was about to end well. You watched him read the letter and saw his cheeks go bright red. He smiled and jumped up and down. Quickly, he closed his locker and ran off to tell Sugawara, who was very proud, but not before stopping by your locker to slip something in.

Yamaguchi Tadashi, would you go on a date with me maybe? Maybe to a park or something? We can get drinks maybe?

Yes

No

(Ps, if yes, I'll meet you at the gym after school. I'd more than love to teach you some of my tricks!)

***

Author Notes

I don't like writing about Tsukishima too much, but him being Yam's wingman at the start is cute as. Not to mention Sugamama back at it again with the love advice. :D

But just, Yams, our anxiety baby, is so cute and just imagine him being too scared to talk to you just dbhjsfhvbhdsbveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm getting so close to the end alreadyyyyy ;-;

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, and see you all soon xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 54.8K 144
{COMPLETE} ~~Haikyuu!! X Reader One-shots and Short Stories~~ PT 2 is out (with better writing I promise)
254K 7.8K 25
- just some haikyuu oneshots ! - moved to 'I gave you power' [ this is male reader! ]
720K 19.8K 37
❝ because we don't have wings , we look for ways to fly ❞ ●●● { DISCONTINUED . } multiple one shots featuring the characters from haikyuu!! x reader...
46.6K 673 19
boyfriend scenarios with the haikyuu boys and a male reader. theres not many of these so i made one :) characters included: •tsukishima 🌙 •yamaguchi...