Haikyuu x Reader One Shots

By TrapdoorFreddles

Haikyuu Characters x Reader One Shots. Each story will have randomly generated characters and Romance Tropes... More

About:
1-Satori Tendou
2-Hajime Iwaizumi
3-Shinsuke Kita
4-Yuji Terushima
5-Lev Haiba
6-Osamu Miya
7-Kei Tsukishima
8-Keiji Akaashi
9-Kotaro Bokuto
10-Wakatoshi Ushijima
11-Asahi Azumane
12-Shoyo Hinata
13-Koshi Sugawara
14-Tobio Kageyama
15-Daichi Sawamura
16-Kenma Kozume
17-Rintarō Suna
18-Yū Nishinoya
19-Atsumu Miya
21-Ryūnosuke Tanaka
22-Tadashi Yamaguchi
23-Morisuke Yaku
24-Tōru Oikawa

20-Tetsurō Kuroo

1.6K 19 1
By TrapdoorFreddles

~Story 20~
~Title: The Impossible~
~Character: Tetsurō Kuroo~
~Trope/AU: Enemies to Lovers~
~Warnings: Mild swearing~
~Word Count: 2442~

***

"He called me a 'fucking bastard' again," Daishō groaned. You patted his shoulder.

"Suguru-kun, you know that this Kuroo guy isn't worth it. He sounds like an ass,"

"True. You should meet him one day y/n, you'd have fun giving him a piece of your mind, wouldn't you?"

"Hell yeah!" you yelled and Daishō laughed. He knew you very well since you two had been best friends since you guys were nearly 2, and he was like a brother to you. You had heard a lot about this Kuroo guy, and he sounded like an ass. You hated anyone who called Daishō names, therefore, this Kuroo guy, despite you never having met him before, you had it in for him. The two of you continued on your way home. It was dark now, as you has stayed back at school for a while Daishō and his team were out playing a practice match against Nekoma.

"Well, actually, next week we have another practice match against Fukurōdani, and Nekoma, among other schools, will also be there. You're welcome to come along? I mean, it wouldn't hurt to have another helping hand anyway,"

"Sure! I'd love to, but I'm not going to embarrass you again am I?"

"Not this time... as long as you don't do anything rash-"

"Me? Rash? Hmph! Rude of you to assume I'd be like that,"

"May I remind you of the winter parade 2 years ago?" Daishō smirked as you went red remembering it.

"No, you may not. You said you wouldn't bring that up Daishō!"

"No 'Suguru-kun'?"

"No. You don't deserve it,"

~~~

You walked out of the bus and helped the boys from your school, Nohebi, grab their bags and take them inside the gym. You had been to practice matches, practice camps and matches with Daishō many times before now, so you knew what to do to help out, but you only really stayed with your team as you knew them all fairly well. That isn't to say that you hadn't made some friends from other teams though. You became pretty close with a guy from Fukurōdani named Akaashi, and you were somewhat friends with Bokuto. I mean, he's really talkative and friendly so you two hit it off before you even said a word. Speaking of which, as you placed the bags you were carrying down, you heard a familiar voice call out your name. You turned around just intime to see who it was before they wrapped their arms around you.

"Hey Bokuto, long time no see," you said as he let go. "Same for you Akaashi," you added, noticing the boy standing behind Bokuto.

"Did you come to see us play against you guys?"

"Yeah, I figured it was about time I came and saw another game, and see you guys again," you said, being completely genuine. You missed these two.

"It's nice to see you again in person," Akaashi said with a soft smile. You guys messaged each other every so often.

"Oi! Is that the owl?" a voice in the distance. Bokuto turned his head fast and smiled. He waved the person over, but Akaashi quickly pulled his arm down to grab Bokuto's attention.

"Bokuto-san, calling him over here isn't the best idea," Akaashi hissed, but it seemed to be too late. A tall man with black bed-head hair approached you guys. "Oh boy," Akaashi muttered.

"Sup bro!" both the boy and Bokuto said in sync.

"Hey Akaashi," the boy added, then his gaze fell on you. Your heart nearly stopped when you saw the man's gorgeous hazel eyes. He smirked and you felt your cheeks begin to burn. You began to wonder how a man can be so handsome and good looking. It felt like it should be impossible. For anyone to look so good would be impossible! Yet, here he was, standing before you. The impossible.

"Hey good looking," he spoke again, this time referring to you. 'Shit, the flirty type.' Now, usually this would annoy you, but order some chicken nuggets because you were McLoving it. (I'm sorry-) "Who's the hottie?" the boy asked. Your cheeks were on fire at this point and you couldn't even form words. Luckily, Bokuto was quick to answer him.

"This is our friend y/n," Bokuto said with a big smile. You saw Akaashi face palm. You didn't understand why Akaashi was being so weird... until Bokuto spoke once more. "Y/n, this is Kurro!" he said with a smile. Your mood suddenly changed to confusion and anger. 'Goddamit. Of course my enemy has to be hot.' Kuroo held out his hand to shake. You stood there awkwardly, before putting your hand out. Akaashi could see the pain it caused you to be shaking hands with your best friend's enemy. You took a breath and looked him in the face.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, fucking bastard," you hissed with a sour tone, using the same name he used on Daishō. He looked at you confused. "Sorry guys, I need to quickly help Suguru-kun," you said, looking at Bokuto and Akaashi and only those two. You said your goodbyes and made your way over to where your team was setting up.

"What was up with her? She seemed to know who I was when Bokuto said my name," Kuroo asked, looking in your direction.

"We, I tried to warn Bokuto-san, didn't I?" Akaashi groaned.

"Yeah, but I don't get why," Akaashi sighed and turned his gaze to Kuroo.

"Y/n is best friends with Daishō. They're super tight," Kuroo's expression dropped as pieces began to place together.

"Right. He's told her about me and she has it in for me. Makes sense why she calling me fucking bastard now,"

"Oh... I didn't know you all hated each other... sorry," Bokuto mumbled.

"No, it's fine. I just have to show her I'm more than that and win her over," Kuroo said, smirking once more. Akaashi rolled his eyes.

"You really think you have a chance?"

"Yes. Yes I do,"

~~~

You sat on the bench as you watched your friends play their game of volleyball, glad that you were finally away from Kuroo's flirting and Daishō ranting about him. It was strange, when you were standing near Kuroo, you hated his guts, well, excluding when you were falling for his charm, which, you got over. Totally. But when you came back to Daishō, he kept whining and complain about Kuroo to extremes that you felt like Kuroo wouldn't go to, and you suddenly felt bad for Kuroo and mad at Daishō...

"Hey sugar, good game?" a voice asked from behind you. You didn't need to turn around to know it was Kuroo. You suddenly went back to being mad at him. When you didn't reply, nor turn around, Kuroo sighed and came to the front and sat beside you on the bench, which you hoped he wouldn't do, yet, here he was. "Who's winning?" he asked once more, hoping now you'd reply. As much as you hated him, you hated ignoring people, so, you just gave the flattest response possible.

"You forgot your glasses at home? The scoreboard is literally just there," you said, pointing beside Kuroo without looking at him in fear you'd swoon for his looks again.

"Oh. Well, it seems like your team is winning, that's great. I was rooting for you guys to-" he began before you interrupted him.

"No, you didn't. Fukurōdani has your friends whereas Nohebi has your enemy, yet you were rooting for Nohebi? That's a fat lie and you know it. How dumb to you think I am?"

Kuroo groaned before he spoke again, "Look bubs, I-"

"Stop with the petty nicknames,"

"Fine. Look, I'm just really trying to be friends here,"

"I don't want to be your friend,"

"What do you have against me anyway? We've never even met,"

"Yes, but you've called my best friend a number of names. He's like a brother to me and tells me everything, so you're saying that I should just ignore Daishō's concerns and just fall for you begging for you to kiss me?" you knew that didn't even make any sense but you went with it.

"I didn't say anything about... did you want to kiss me?"

"Quit changing the subject!"

"You didn't deny it. Geez hon, if you want me to, you can just ask, I mean, I'd be happy to ob-" this time you turned to look at him.

"I swear, keep it up and I'm going to pun..." you began, before trailing off when you saw the smirk on his face. Your cheeks began to glow again and you knew he noticed when he began to laugh.

"Punch me? I feel like you don't have the guts,"

"Try me," you saw in his eyes that he was about to try you, but not in the way you expected. He cupped your cheek and slowly went in closer to you. You didn't move and began to close your eyes to go in for it. He stopped moving only inches away from you and you felt his breath against your lips, making you want the kiss so much more. After waiting for him to do it, you moved in closer yourself to close the gap, but before you could, he moved away and you were greeted by the smirk again. You're face went tomato red and you looked away.

"As I said, you don't have the guts to hurt me, and it does seem like you want to kiss me," he said triumphantly.

"I hate you," you hissed, still not looking in his direction.

"I know you do princess, but I know you have your thing with the snake boy so I won't interrupt," he said before he got up, waved and walked away. You were furious at him. You so badly wanted to throw him out a window or something. You've heard about this Kuroo guy for years now, ever since you and Daishō were in Junior High, and now you finally met him and he's flirty with you and your falling for him because of that and his looks alone? He was a jerk to your best friend for gosh sake! But then something occurred to you.

Maybe Daishō was only telling you half of the story...

The game ended with Fukurōdani smashing Nohebi. All they players shook hands and made their ways back to their belongings. Daishō kneeled down by his bag and began to go through it. You went up to Daishō with your arms crossed and leaned on the wall in front of him as though you were ready to interrogate him.

"Oh hey y/n, how was the game?" he asked, not acknowledging your stance in the slightest.

"Not bad,"

"What did Kuroo want? I saw him come over to you,"

"He was hitting on me again,"

"That son of a bi-"

"Suguru-kun? Question,"

"Mm?"

"Do you ever retaliate when he insulted you?" now he looked up at you from his bag with one of his eyebrows raised, questioning what you meant by the question. "When he calls you names, do you call him names back? Or do you ever initiate the insults by calling him something first?"

"I mean, yeah I guess... why, did he come over and complain about me?"

"No. Sometimes I question if you're the only one who complains,"

"Rude. Anyway, why are you asking? Are you mad at me?" he asked. You looked into his eyes and sighed, uncrossing your arms.

"No, but you made him seem like he was bullying you... he could be a really nice guy,"

"Maybe, I mean, if we actually talked about anything other than volleyball, beating each other's arses and insulting each other? Why do you keep asking these questions y/n? Do you have a crush on him or something?" he asked. You watched him look into your eyes to see your reaction. You knew he must have caught your face go a hint on pink.

"No, don't be absurd! I just mean... idk, you just have always made him out to be a bad guy, when he might not be," he nodded, agreeing, then continued to go through his bag. You excused yourself and went over to Bokuto and Akaashi to congratulate them. You we're mid conversation with them when Kuroo interrupted by yelling out Bokuto's name. The two of them began talking and you saw Kuroo keep looking at you and Akaashi.

"What's up with him,"

"It's plan D,"

"Plan D? Of what?"

"Idk, don't tell him I told you this, but he's trying to get you to fall for him. Plan A was just to talk to you and hit on you. B was coming over to you hitting on you alone. C was leading you on for a kiss. D is supposedly upright ignoring you,"

"He has this all thought out?"

"Yup. A plan for every letter up to H, but I really didn't listen after D,"

"When you realised he's a complete idiot?"

"Yep, exactly,"

"He doesn't even know me that much,"

"You are pretty. And he likes how you're, quote, 'feisty',"

"Ew... So what? His plan is for me to come running to him now that he's ignoring me?"

"Yeah," you smirked as you formulated a plan.

"Oh, so you're saying Kuroo doesn't want my number or something?" you said, purposely very loud. Akaashi smiled and rolled his eyes and he knew exactly what you were doing. Kuroo shot his gaze at you. He quickly made his way to you.

"Oh, hey y/n, how are you? didn't see you there," he said as though he didn't know you were there. You and Akaashi cracked up laughing. You heard Daishō call out your name and Kuroo snarled at him. You hugged Akaashi and said goodbye to him and Bokuto then made your way to Daishō. You quickly pulled out your phone and counted.

"3... 2... 1..."

"Y/n! Wait!" you laughed and turned around to see Kuroo running after you. "We're you actually going to give me your number?"

"Probably not,"

"Oh... well, did you want mine?" He asked, seeing your contacts open on your phone. You shrugged and handed him your phone. He typed in the numbers then gave your phone back. "You will actually message me right?"

"Yeah, maybe,"

"Cool. Could we go out sometime maybe?"

"Maybe," you said, turning around and walking away. You honestly planned not to message him, but you did, you couldn't help yourself, and you ended up organising a coffee date.

You couldn't wait for Daishō to kill you...

***

Author Notes

Oh god, I loved the plot idea I had for this but It's hard to keep it short so I'm sorry it sucks so much ;-; I am so sorry about the McDonalds joke too, I was in maths class and got hungry... but also I'm not sorry, it was gold.

Hehehe, I managed to slip Bokuto into a story again. I am in love with that man too much-

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, and see you all soon xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 676 19
boyfriend scenarios with the haikyuu boys and a male reader. theres not many of these so i made one :) characters included: •tsukishima 🌙 •yamaguchi...
128K 1.9K 38
Just a series of Haikyuu one-shots & x-reader one-shots :)
61.2K 1.1K 16
༺.。.:*✧𝙗𝙖𝙠𝙞 𝙗𝙖𝙠𝙞 𝙣𝙞 𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙖𝙣𝙞 𝙬𝙤? ●𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘬𝘺𝘶𝘶!!𝘹𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 & 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘴! ●𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦...
156K 4.7K 37
a collection of one-shots featuring you and your favorites! (your faves from s1-s2 because that's where we were when i was still writing) 》haikyuu...