Queen Of The Plains ( The Mat...

By LyssahTraicey

Lulu had been labeled the wild card of the Kiarie sisters and she lived up to that name. She lived her life e... More

๐ŸŒป Author's Note ๐ŸŒป
๐Ÿฆ Chapter One ๐Ÿฆ
๐Ÿ˜ Chapter Two ๐Ÿ˜
๐Ÿ„ Chapter Three ๐Ÿ„
๐Ÿ Chapter Four ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿฎ Chapter Five ๐Ÿฎ
๐Ÿ† Chapter Six ๐Ÿ†
๐Ÿพ Chapter Seven ๐Ÿพ
๐ŸฆŽ Chapter Eight ๐ŸฆŽ
๐Ÿฆ“ Chapter Nine ๐Ÿฆ“
๐Ÿฆ’ Chapter Ten ๐Ÿฆ’
๐Ÿ•ท๏ธ Chapter Eleven ๐Ÿ•ท๏ธ
๐Ÿœ Chapter Twelve ๐Ÿœ
๐ŸChapter Thirteen ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ Chapter Fourteen ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿฆ‹ Chapter Fifteen ๐Ÿฆ‹
๐Ÿ” Chapter Sixteen ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿฆ” Chapter Seventeen ๐Ÿฆ”
๐Ÿฟ๏ธ Chapter Eighteen ๐Ÿฟ๏ธ
๐Ÿฆก Chapter Nineteen ๐Ÿฆก
๐Ÿฆจ Chapter Twenty ๐Ÿฆจ
๐Ÿฆฆ Chapter Twenty One ๐Ÿฆฆ
๐Ÿฆฅ Chapter Twenty Two ๐Ÿฆฅ
๐Ÿ‡ Chapter Twenty Three ๐Ÿ‡
๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ Chapter Twenty Four ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ
๐Ÿฆฉ Chapter Twenty Five ๐Ÿฆฉ
๐Ÿฆข Chapter Twenty Six ๐Ÿฆข
๐Ÿฆœ Chapter Twenty Seven ๐Ÿฆœ
๐Ÿฆš Chapter Twenty Eight ๐Ÿฆš
๐Ÿฆƒ Chapter Twenty Nine๐Ÿฆƒ
๐Ÿ“ Chapter Thirty ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿˆ Chapter Thirty One ๐Ÿˆ
๐Ÿฉ Chapter Thirty Two ๐Ÿฉ
๐Ÿ•โ€ Chapter Thirty Three ๐Ÿ•โ€
๐ŸฆŒ Chapter Thirty Four ๐ŸฆŒ
๐Ÿ‘ Chapter Thirty Five ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ Chapter Thirty Seven ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ Chapter Thirty Eight ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿƒ Chapter Thirty Nine ๐Ÿƒ
๐Ÿฆ˜ Chapter Forty ๐Ÿฆ˜
๐Ÿซ Chapter Forty One ๐Ÿซ
๐Ÿฆ Chapter Forty Two ๐Ÿฆ
๐Ÿฆ› Chapter Forty Three ๐Ÿฆ›
๐Ÿฆง Chapter Forty Four ๐Ÿฆง
๐Ÿฆ Chapter Forty Five ๐Ÿฆ
๐ŸŠ Chapter Forty Six ๐ŸŠ
๐Ÿข Chapter Forty Seven ๐Ÿข
๐Ÿž Chapter Forty Eight ๐Ÿž
๐Ÿฆ… Chapter Forty Nine ๐Ÿฆ…
๐Ÿบ Chapter Fifty ๐Ÿบ
๐Ÿป Chapter Fifty One ๐Ÿป
๐Ÿฃ Epilogue ๐Ÿฃ

๐Ÿฆ™ Chapter Thirty Six ๐Ÿฆ™

324 35 2
By LyssahTraicey

LULU'S POV

Our first morning at my sisters house which was Christmas eve found both my sisters and I making breakfast for the males together. Helena was on leave until the fifth of January so all the cooking, cleaning and washing was left to us ladies. Six of us meant a lot of food so we were making pancakes, scrambled eggs, toast, sugar glazed buns, sausages, bacon and fruits.

I'd been on my best mood since I woke up in my man's arms but my sisters whispering amongst themselves was starting to piss me off.

"If you have got something to say then say it, no need to keep exchanging sly glances. I'm not blind."I demanded unable to keep quiet about their weird behavior anymore.

"We're just so happy for you."Amani exclaimed and Marini nodded to support her.

"But?"I asked knowing there was one somewhere.

"No buts."Amani replied and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Really?"I questioned.

"We're serious. We've just never seen you so happy and in love, its a good look on you and James is perfect for you. He's polite, kind, looks at you like you're the only person that exists in his world. He seems a little skittish around us but that's to be expected since most people who haven't warmed up to me behave like that. Isaac and Jeremy were the same the first time."Marini explained and the load I'd been carrying fell off my shoulders as I relaxed.

As much as I'd discouraged James from being scared that my sisters would not accept him, deep down I had been worried too. Now that my sisters both seemed to like him, there was nothing more to worry about.

"I'm glad you guys like him."I replied smiling.

"Of course we do. You did well sis. It's your turn Amani."Marini added and our attention was turned to our younger sister.

"Stop looking at me like that. You guys have fun being in relationships. I'm happy being single and dating my many Korean husbands."She exclaimed dramatically.

"You're so called husbands are all fictional or actors."I pointed out.

"Which is why it's the perfect combination."Amani argued and we laughed at her childishness.

"You do you sis, as long as you're happy."I encouraged.

"Thank you and I am."She said giving us a fake bow.

We resumed cooking and as soon as we were done, our partners immediately came in. It was all very fishy, like they had been waiting for us finish cooking so they didn't have to help.

"Good morning baby."James greeted pulling me into his arms and giving me a kiss.

He smelled fresh and the tips of his locks were wet meaning he'd just taken a shower. He was dressed in blue rugged jeans and a fitting red short sleeved flannel shirt.

"Morning love, you smell good."I complimented.

"Thank you and you smell delicious."He replied and I laughed knowing he was just being kind, I hadn't even showered yet and was still in my pajamas.

"It's probably the bacon you're smelling. Sit down so we can eat."I instructed patting his chest.

We all sat down, said our prayers before we started passing food around the table serving ourselves.

"So what are the plans for today?"Isaac questioned in the midst of all the eating.

"We've yet to decorate the house so I was thinking we could do that."Marini replied and Isaac nodded in agreement.

It was a little late to start decorating but we always did it together so that we could all participate in the fun.

"You guys decorate?"James whispered subtly in my ear.

"Yeah we do. It's so much fun."I replied.

I forgot that not everyone was as privileged as we were growing up. They didn't get to decorate the house, have a tree or even receive gifts. It was going to be a different kind of Christmas for James and I would make sure he had the best one for our first together.

"James how does your family celebrate Christmas back home?"Amani questioned curiously.

"We don't do decorations or a tree like your family but my dad slaughters two bulls for the whole community to come and eat together. There's lots of dancing and singing then at night we sit down around the camp fire in groups and share stories."He explained.

"Wow that's beautiful, now we know what we're all doing next Christmas."Amani announced and everyone chuckled but no one disagreed with her.

It made me happy that my sisters saw my relationships with James as long lasting. As long as I had their support then there was nothing to worry about.

"Ladies you done?"Marini addressed Amani and I.

We nodded and the three of us pushed chairs back and walked out of the dining room.

"Babe the dishes?"Isaac yelled after us.

"We cook, you clean, that's equality dear husband."Marini yelled back and we burst out laughing.

We heard them grumble amongst themselves and James offered to do them. It was so kind of him but I knew he only agreed to do so since he was afraid of angering my sister and wanted to get in good with the guys. We separated going into our different bedrooms to shower. James had spread the bed and placed the open suitcase on top. We weren't staying long do there was no need for us to unpack. After my shower I changed into a pair of black leather pants, a white long sleeved loose shirt and white sneakers.

Walking down the stairs I found the guys carrying boxes of decoration into the living room from the garage and my sisters going through them.

"I could have sworn we had more decorations."Marini pointed out looking at all the boxes.

There was more than enough but she always liked going overboard.

"I may or may not have snagged a box or two for my apartment."Amani admitted looking very guilty.

"Why would you decorate your apartment when you spend all Christmas here?"Marini asked hands on her waist.

"Aesthetic satisfaction."Amani grinned hiding behind Isaac for protection against Marini's glare.

"He won't protect you if I really want to get to you."Marini threatened.

"Leave her be babe. This is more than enough. Jeremy and I will go retrieve the plastic tree as you guys start unboxing and sorting everything."He instructed pecking Marini's forehead and the scowl immediately fell from her face.

James and I paired up getting stuck with untangling the tiny white lights that would go on the stairs and the walls. We were sitting cross logged on the floor away from everyone to give us ample space to do our work.

"How are you liking the Kiarie's and the Mutua's so far?"I asked James wanting to know how he was coping with my family.

"Isaac looks intimidating but he's actually a neat guy. Jeremy is funny and witty so he reminds me of Jack and Jasper. I was so scared of meeting Marini but she is so down to earth it's hard not to like her. Sorry to say but if I'd met Amani before I met you and she was a little older, I would have totally fallen in love with her." He confessed and I burst out laughing at his last comment.

"aShe is very lovable, I wouldn't blame you. Too bad you got stuck with me."I retorted sticking my tongue out at him.

"Not stuck love, privileged."He responded sneaking a quick kiss.

"Amani guess what?"I yelled out and James quickly slapped his hand over my mouth when he realized what I was about to say.

"What?"Amani replied poking her head over the sofa.

James shook his head at her, his hand staying clamped over my mouth. His other hand held mine together in a strong hold that I was unable to get out of. I could if I tried hard enough but I allowed James to have the upper hand.

"Nothing, she's just being crazy."James apologized speaking on my behalf.

Amani just shrugged and turned around leaving us to our shenanigans. James slowly lifted his palm of my mouth making sure I wouldn't rant him out and when he decided he could trust me he freed me.

"You're a sneaky one."He grunted pointing at me.

"You love me anyway."I retorted.

"I always will."He declared and I smiled.

I really was lucky to have fallen in love with someone who could match my energy. Loving James was an honor I would never give up.

Jeremy and Isaac emerged with the fake green tree and situated it at the bottom of the stairs for decoration.

"Why didn't you just get a real tree? You have pine trees growing in the backyard."Jeremy asked.

"I can't stand the smell in such a confined space so we settled for a fake tree."Marini replied.

"Well that explains it. Now let's get decorating."Isaac declared and we all got to work.

At some point, someone put on some music and we had a small dance battle. It was fun, filled with laughter and a few too many close emergency room worthy calls. We ended up ordering some pizza for lunch since we weren't done decorating. I didn't care if we didn't finish, we were having too much fun to actually care what got done.

It had always been just my sisters and I but now we had Isaac, Jeremy and James. Our number has doubled in the course of one year and I was happy to have such an incredible family. James even got to meet Kim, Isaac's dog and it was a surprise to him seeing Kim in the house. Very few people Kenyans kept their dogs in the house and it explained why he was so shocked. It had been a day of a lot of firsts for him and I'd been happy to experience each and every single one of them with him.

When Marini opened a bottle of wine and Isaac got beer for the guys, things started getting a little crazy.

"Guys this are played by college students. Why are we playing drinking games?"Marini lamented and Amani shushed her.

"None of us have actually ever had an actual college experience. Isaac was in the military, you and Lulu were busy taking care of me, James, no offense never had the means to have fun."Amani explained.

"None taken."James assured her.

"Jeremy was the awkward nerd in college."

"Hurtful but true."Jeremy concurred with her.

"And I happen to think all my age mates are tools, that's why we are playing drinking games, starting with Never have I ever."She declared already a little tipsy.

No one argued with her again.

James was sitting on the floor leaning on a sofa and I sat in between his legs. Marini was cuddled by Isaac's side on the sofa while Jeremy and Amani sat facing us on the floor. We weren't done decorating but when we'd all sat down to take a break no one had the energy to continue after that.

"I'll start. Never have I ever peed while standing up."Amani started and everyone drunk except her and Marini.

It was a weird start but there was nothing normal about what we were doing so what the heck. They all looked at me questioningly and I shrugged.

"I've been around the world and not everywhere is sanitary or has a toilet. I've had to do things."I explained vaguely and no one questioned me further.

Jeremy went next "Never have I ever been in love."

We all took a drink except for him and Amani. There truly was so much love in the room.

"Before I go. You want to tell me that the two of you are not dating?"James asked the two best friends and they both shook their heads vigorously.

"Nope. I mean we love each other but only like siblings. And besides I'd prefer my men foreign and exotic, like you and Isaac."Amani declared and Jeremy hit her arm.

"You'd be lucky to date me."He declared sloshing some beer in himself.

He was clearly getting drunk.

"You're right bebe, I'm sorry."Amani apologized with a smile and they were back to being best buds.

"See that's what I mean. You guys have chemistry but if you say there's nothing then there isn't."James declared and they both shrugged.

James was right, the two did have chemistry. I'd had my doubts about them dating but they'd been friends for close to a year. Nothing had ever happened yet they were both single. They were better of as best friends anyway.

"My turn, never have I ever left the country before."James declared and everyone in the room drunk except for him.

It got me thinking that I should really remedy that. I remembered us promising each other to travel the world even if our relationship didn't work out. It had thanks be to God and I would live up to my end of the bargain and take Jeremy all over the world so we could experience all the beauty mother earth had to offer together.

"Never have I ever stolen something."I declared and Jeremy took a drink.

We all looked at him weird and he smiled innocently.

"Don't you all look at me like that. I grew up with two elder brothers and they made me do stuff I'm not proud of."He declared and we gave him a pass since he was clearly uncomfortable talking about it.

"Never have I ever gotten a tattoo."Marini played.

Isaac and James were the only ones who drunk since they were clearly the only ones with tattoos. I wasn't against tattoos, they just looked too painful for me to ever consider them.

"Never have I ever cheated on a partner."Isaac said and no one drunk to that one.

Cheating was a pretty disgusting trait and I was glad I was in the company of some loyal people.

The game continued on until we ran out of things we've never done and moved to truth or dare where things got a little crazy. Someone drunk chilli sauce, another ended up jumping fully clothed into the pool and I think I remembered someone being dared to drink from Kim's water bowl. It was a fun day and we all ended up passing out in the living room in different positions.

It was the best way to spend Christmas eve, getting to know family, having fun and best of all creating new memories that would live in our hearts forever.

🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀

Who is your favorite character in this book? It can be either a major or minor character.

Thanks for all your support, it means a lot to me. I love you all. Keep reading and enjoying. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

603K 11.1K 73
๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ข ๐˜Š๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ - ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๏ฟฝ...
31 0 15
An African American girl name Princessella Kenyatta Richardson , who has no family that cares . Is living the life to further her dreams . But could...
146 2 37
Savannah a 20 year old girl eager to complete her studies and enjoy the freedom she craves for . A girl with crooked past and hundred scars awaiting...
115K 4K 23
Joanne's life was moving on smoothly despite the struggles she was going through with her family. As if leaving pay cheque to pay cheque wasn't stres...