Like Mother Like Daughter

dirteedamsel tarafından

"Anybody can be a mother, but it takes somebody special to be a mom..." They said everything happened for a r... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 9

2.7K 113 0
dirteedamsel tarafından

As I put my books away in my locker, I could sense Jake coming up to me; spritzing breath spray into his mouth.

"You still smell like beer Jake," I said as he approached me, I didn't look him in the eye.

"Cute, you know, just because you've only been here for a day doesn't mean I'm not already attracted to you. How about after school today, you and I go get a coffee and get to know each other better?" he asked.

"Nope, got plans," I replied and zipped up my bag. Jake slammed my locker shut; the metal door nearly collided with my nose.

"Quit with the game already, you think I don't see it? You're just acting disinterested as a part of your little tame game," he said.

"What's a ‘tame-game’?" I asked confused.

"It's pathetic. You've been here for a day, and already I can see right through you. I already know you practically," he replied, completely ignoring my question.

"Kay, I've only been here a day Jake, you don't know a thing about me. So play your games but I won't participate to your childish delusions. Go drink a beer and replace that disgusting smell of mint mixed with it. Seriously it's disgusting," I said; just then, my phone dinged. It was a text from Tom. Before I could open it, Jake snatched it from me.

"Wha-hey! Give me that!" I tried reaching for my phone; he just pulled away and read it.

"Huh, you and Tom Hartford getting pretty close?" he asked.

"That is none of your bees guts, now give me the damn phone!" I replied and snatched it back .

"If you honestly think he's going to go out with you than you're wrong. He's got Ms. Cederman to swoon over," he said.

"Tom doesn't like Madison, she's obsessed with him," I replied.

"Stay in your denial stage, but I've been in this school longer than you have, so I'm just warning you. Don't make yourself a rebound for Hartford," he said.

"Alright you know what? I think the only reason you're telling me a whole load of crap is because you're pissed at Tom and everybody else for figuring out who you are and exposing you a fraudulent dumbass," I stated.

"Smart girl, but you have no proof. Call me if Hartford breaks your heart," he said and walked away.

"Not going to happen Beer Breath," I called as he left. He shot me a dirty look and continued walking. I smirked and headed down the hall towards Tom's locker. He was standing there with Madison talking to him. He had an annoyed look in his eyes. I waited patiently against the wall.

"Seriously you can not be seen with these people all the time. You don't want people to think you're a loser. I mean that'll just make you look like a peasant compared to me. And people will question us when we walk down these halls. The point of being on the top is striding through the place like you own it, but it'll be hard if you don't expand your friend bases," she explained. All I could do roll my eyes.

"Alright, Madison as much as I love talking to you, I have to go. I got to talk to Ms. Houlster about our English assignment," he said as an excuse.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow," she said with a flirtatious smile. I wanted to laugh in her face; she was trying too hard. Even Ashlyn would never pull anything like that. Tom left the other way towards the school doors; he walked right past me, and I just blended into the crowd. Madison caught my eye.

"Eavesdrop much?" she asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" I said, completely clueless. She stomped up to me.

"Listen you little wench, you can befriend him and you can work with him. But, just because you're from the big city doesn't mean you can just come in here and start stealing my boyfriend!" she said.

"Alright A: I'm not trying to steal him. And B: you're not even going out with him. He has no interest whatsoever in you,” I replied.

"So he likes to hide his feelings for me publicly, that's not a crime," she protested.

"Well, as entertaining as it is listening to you talk about some in-your-head relationship with a guy who cringes every time you even show up, I got to go. I have stuff to do called homework. You should try it, instead of making people's lives miserable," I replied.

"You know, I think I should start calling you City Trash, because you have a very dirty mouth towards me. I wouldn't suggest standing up to me again unless you'd like public humiliation," she told me.

"Ooh, so scary." I mocked and walked away.

"That's right City Trash! Keep walking!" she shouted.

"Whatever you say Queen Split-Ends!" I shouted back. Yes, she does have split ends; sometimes it's fun making fun of the popular people.

-

Tom brought me to the top of a hill.

"So this is your idea of giving me a proper childhood?" I asked.

"All kids like rolling down hills, haven't you ever?" he asked.

"No, and this is stupid," I replied.

"Come on, you can't judge it before you try it. I'll go first." he said and lay down, than he rolled down the hill. When he got to the bottom, his t-shirt and jeans were covered in grass. His converse had bits of dirt staining the white finishings, turning them into a beige color.

"I picked the wrong day to wear a black shirt!" I called down the hill.

"Come on Court, it's fun, I promise. Just lay down and roll!" he called back. I sighed and lay down on the grass. Looking down at the specks of dirt, I saw a ladybug crawling by with its ruby red and licorice black shell shining in the bright sunrays. I huffed and started rolling down the hill. My vision blurred and all I saw was a mesh of brown and green. After ten seconds, everything stopped moving. I landed next to Tom.

"Well?" he asked with a small smirk playing at his lips

"I got to admit, that was pretty fun." I admitted.

"Yes! Score one for Hartford," he said and fist pumped the air. I giggled.

"You want to go again?" he asked.

"Alright, I'll race you to the bottom," I challenged.

"Deal, loser does the other's homework," he replied.

"Deal," I agreed. We came back to the top of the hill and lay down.

"Alright, 1...2...-"

"HEADSTART!" I shouted childishly and started going down the hill.

"CHEATER!" Tom shouted and came after me. The vision mesh of brown and green returned for a brief five seconds, then something crashed into me and Tom and I went tumbling down the hill. I landed on top of his chest. There was only one thing to do at that moment: Laugh.

And that's what we did.

"I'm so, so sorry," I said after we calmed down.

"Yeah, it's fine. Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm fine," I replied and rolled off of him.

"So, who won that round?" he asked.

"I think I did," I smirked.

"No way, I was on the bottom, you landed on top of me, therefore you came last." he explained logically.

"That makes a whole lot of sense professor," I sassed back.

"Thank you I try," he said, the same sarcasm that dripped from his voice.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked him.

"No, I am not gay," he replied. I gave him a strange look.

"You weren't going to ask that, were you?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Do you know how many times I get asked that question by new kids? Dean even asked me once!" he exclaimed. I chuckled.

"No, that's not my question. I wanted to ask you about Madison," I replied. He huffed.

"There is absolutely nothing going on between us. I can't stand her irritatingness," he said.

"Well first off, irritatingness is not a word. Second, why don't you just tell her that you don't like her?" I asked.

"She probably has the thickest skull in the entire town. Doesn't take no for an answer," he replied.

"Wow, really nice person," I said sarcastically.

"Yep," he agreed. I lay my head on his shoulder.

"At least you get attention. The only attention a guy has ever shown me was when he tried tricking me into doing his homework," I said.

"I hate those kind of people, think they can run the world. I hope you don't ever see me as that kind of person Courtney," he pleaded.

"You know, I look at you, and I don't see anything that's wrong with you. I see an innocent boy who doesn't judge books by cover. You're the first guy I've ever met who's showed me kindness." I replied. Tom slipped his hand into mine.

"You deserve it," he said. My eyes locked with his, I never noticed this about Tom...but he had really beautiful eyes. They were clear like glass and as blue as the Pacific Ocean. He black hair shone in the bright sunlight and frame his face perfectly. His t-shirt showed off his arms that had a very nice tan to them. His smile said simple country boy, not with the southern accent at all, but you know what I mean. All of these features made up Tom Hartford. And I have to admit he was pretty good looking.

All of the sudden a shrill, high-pitched noise erupted the silence that filled the air; it was followed by LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem. Tom huffed and pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Hi mom...yeah I'm coming now...I'm with a friend...a girl…oh...no I don't think she'll-...alright I'll ask her. My mom wants to know if you want to come over? She always gets excited when I make a friend...who's a girl," he asked me.

"Yeah sure, I'll come. Is that alright with you?" I asked him.

"Yeah it is, hold on...yeah she'll come...all right I'll see you in a bit...bye," he hung up.

"Sorry about that, she's very...interesting," he said awkwardly.

"Well you've known my mom for four year. Now I get to meet yours," I replied. Tom stood up, practically towering over me.

"Alright then, if you'll follow me Ms. Stern," he said and pulled me onto my feet. We grabbed our things and headed down the block towards his house.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

4.1K 259 45
Morticia Deal is the daughter of Mick Mars, born in 1967. Throughout her childhood, Tish wasn't really allowed much time with her father. Once she wa...
26K 582 37
Nathan cheats on his high school girlfriend, Christy. Christy is pregnant with his baby but she doesn't get chance to tell him before they split up...
4K 83 54
Finding a surrogate mother wasn't an easy task in today's world. Some surrogate mothers drink alcohol and smoke during pregnancy, while others neglec...
1.8K 62 18
Katherine Nichols, the one that everyone knew didn't want children, agreed to become the godmother of her friend's kid. She figured that she wouldn't...