Wherever You Will Go (Rastro...

By SeanKarlo

Jade and Althea are childhood friends and eventually highschool sweethearts. They have a great and loving fam... More

Letters
Crush
Fun
Closer
Broken
Latch
author's note
Kiss Me
Mad
They Don't Know About Us
Happy
Paper Cut
I, Rebel
Wild
Destiny
Unconditional
Glimpse
Batch 27
Alice Jade
I Knew I loved You
Home
Decision
Before Sunrise
Quick Update!
Casualties
In a Moment
Shoutout!

The Truth

161 9 4
By SeanKarlo

---

Gary Lopez Residence. Professor, Ateneo de Manila University and Board of the Lopez Academy of Sports and the Arts.

" So Jade, any plans? Now that you graduated college, Maybe you can handle the school already. You're great with kids I've heard." Tito Gary said smiling.

" I love kids Tito, but not yet. I'm still planning to undergo Masters in the US." I said casually

" Oh I see, that would be great Jade. And by the way, congratulations! Me and your Tita Laura are proud of you."

" Thank you Tito"

" Gareth, there's a car pulled in maybe it's them." I overheard Tito Gary told my Dad.

I wonder who that is cause everyone is already here. Suddenly, Dad opens the door and there I saw a man kind of same age as Dad and a woman who exactly looked like my Dad and with them two young man with a lady in tow. The other was in his thirties I guess and with his wife and the other one in his twenties and single I guess, cause he's giving me gay vibes. My Mom and Dad hugged them as if they didn't saw each other for years. Then also my Tito and Titas. The evening went on, we had dinner and all went smoothly. They had stories here and there and then my Tito Raul and Tina left already and it is only Me , Mom , Dad , Tito Gary and Tita Laura and the visitors from earlier. They seemed to be a nice family and very rich. I can see in their style and that car says it all. If only Lovi and Jase didn't leave that early, now I'm stuck with family affairs and I'm tired. I went to a couch nearby and sat there looking through my phones for emails from MIT. When the young man who gave me gay vibes earlier sat next to me and introduce himself.

" Hi, I'm Paul " as the young man from earlier, handsome with a nice clean cut hair extends his hands smiling waiting for me.

" Hey, Alice here " I said smiling awkwardly surprise by his sudden introduction . But he seems so nice and I felt comfortable around him. But I opted to use my first name.

" So I've heard you've graduated a magna cum laude in that prestigious London University. That was quite a feat. And with that major, you must be a genius." He complimented.

" I just studied hard " I said casually

" Hmm but really congrats" He said smiling.

I was about to ask him something when Mom called me out into the Dining.

" Hey, sorry Mom needs me in the table. You good here?"

" Sure I will, go ahead" He smiled.

I smiled back as I leave him to go to the dining table where there seated Mom, Dad and the Couple visitor from earlier. I'm tired so I cut the crap on the discussion.

" What is it that you wanted to tell me Mom.?"

" Jade, I don't want to beat around the bush and I you're a grown up woman now. I wanted you to know that your Dad and I loved you very much. Remember what I told you when you are twelve years old? That Gareth and I adopted you.?"

" Yes, Mom. I didn't forget that. And I'm not mad with you or anything. I'm grateful and thankful for that. I loved you and Dad so much."

" We do too, Darling. But you must know the truth about your family and about us." Dad said this time.

" Amanda here is my sister and Oscar his husband they are your real parents." I was quite shocked. No, I was so shocked but my face never showed it. I looked at the couple in front of me. They seemed to be very nice and kind people. So I stayed and try to listen.  So they are my family and not only that, They are Dad's family too. So technically my Tito and Tita...

" I know Jade you are confused. But please listen to Amanda" My Dad said as he looks at His sister nodding her to go on.

" Jade, I'm Amanda your biological mother. I don't know how to put into words what I'm feeling right now. Not a day passed I didn't think of you. How I wish things have not turned the way it did but I'm still thankful that you have grown into a wonderful woman you are today. Jade, that third day of October when I gave birth to you and your sister was one of the most happiest day in my life as a mother. To bore a twin is a dream of ours from the beginning. I thought our eldest will be twins but it turned to be Gabriel only and then came Paul. So when we knew that our third child was a girl and it's going to be twins. We are very excited to welcome you into this world Anak. You and your sister are very special to us. You two grew so close together even when your are babies. You always hug your sister and fond of kissing her cheeks. But then, when you are about to turn two you have this disease Cystic Fibrosis and that's when our world turned upside down. You have to be separated to your twin sister because we cannot afford that you will caught infection with anyone especially her. Because I cannot separate the two of you. Even when you are babies when you can't see your sister for a while you always cry. You always hugged each other. " She tearfully recall while sobbing. I didn't notice I was also wiping tears from my eyes but she continued.

"That's when we decided to let Gareth and Clara have you as their daughter. They are not blessed with a child and they are praying for a really long time. And even though we could afford a dozen children we cannot risk your life. And though after your operation when your are five  was successful the doctor told us that it is better for you to live with minimal contact with people to avoid the risk of reoccurrence. We loved you so much Hija please know that only for your safety we thought of doing all of that. " She said now sobbing. As mom try to console her.

" Where is my sister?" that is only I could ask as my emotion get the best of me too. This time Tito Oscar or rather my real Dad speak.

" She died of leukemia 5 years ago. " He said tearfully.

That's when I cannot take it anymore. I cried and get out of the house. I found myself sitting in the park just inside the subdivision. Until I feel a hand on my shoulders... It's Paul.

" Her name is also Jade..." He started.

" In fact both of you are Jade. She is Rhian Jade and you are Alice Jade. We have never been so heartbroken when you left to be with Tito Gareth and Tita Clara. You are always the sweet but naughty one and Jade is the prim and proper but smiling one. You like hugging and kissing all of us when you are that cute little chubby baby. " He recall tearfully. Then he reached for his wallet and pull a wallet picture where Gab, me , jade, and him on a couch smiling.

" That was you and Rhian's first birthday. I was 5 and Kuya Gab was 10. I remember how you smashed the cake on our faces and laugh. You are adorable Shobe. We missed you. Jade missed you too. But she understands your situation. Before she died, she asked us of you. She wanted to see you, hug you one last time but sadly that time you are also sick with the attack of reoccurrence. So we opt not too, for your safety. "

" I hope I had the chance to see her and be with her when she was alive." I said sobbing. This time Paul and I hugged each other and we cried.

---

"Is The Don in? " I asked the maid in the living room. The mansion at The Forbes is where he stays all the time if he is not abroad so I'm sure he is here.

" He is in his office Ma'am" Said the maid... Said so. I left the living room and head straight to the office.

" Glaiza, hija good to see you." He said non chalantly.

" Cut the crap, What is Kathleen Oliveros doing in my office bragging about me marrying her. Tell me it's nothing to do with you." I said seething.

" It has all to do with me. And you know that don't you Glaiza. The Oliveros family is close to me. They are a booming business in the trade industry and one of the riches in the country. Teaming up with them and the family will be an advantage for us. And I don't see why not, it came to me that you like girls. " He said looking at me straight in the eyes. I looked at him to seething with anger.

" Don't you ever care for anyone other than your self Don Galura? I will never marry her. Don't you ever do to me like what you did to my father." I spat as I leave the room and shut the door in anger.

---

Where are you guys! and another one. I hope you enjoy reading cause it will get high from here.

please vote and comment that would mean a lot to continue and finish this story once and for all.

I hope you are all well and staying safe as always. :D

Always remember social distancing lalo na pag di kayo. lol

peaceout. :D

PS. I added a picture above of what they looked like after high school. Rhian Jade w/o glasses and Alice Jade with glasses. So, you can picture them on your mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389K 10.2K 51
After the tragic death of her father on the day of her wedding, Althea Cojuangco Guevarra, the now President and CEO of ACG Inc., the top manufacturi...
29.6K 1.3K 39
Love transcends time... Even heaven and hell... Good and Evil... But will Love prevails even if the ones involved are from two opposite worlds? Is th...
Luna By anya jayvyn

Teen Fiction

7.5M 329K 47
A bullied girl meets the popular new student. ***** "Still saying that you're perfectly okay?" Max whispers. I'm surprised to hear that his voice is...
136K 4.7K 37
Jade Ramos is the vice president of Luna Ent. Company.. She was a serious person with cold demeanor and able to make people pissed in their pants jus...