Love My Enemy?

By dreamwriter924

An enemy is someone you never get along with. It is someone you had conflicts with. Blaire Rose, a typical te... More

Love My Enemy?
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1: My Life
Chapter 2: Everyone But Me
Chapter 3: Unbelievable!
Chapter 4: Bipolar?
Chapter 5: Get Out of My Mind
Chapter 6: Excursion!
Chapter 7: Twisted Trip
Chapter 8: Save You
Chapter 9: Friends?
Chapter 10: Let's Have Some Fun!
Chapter 11: Beach Partaay
Chapter 12: Confused Heart ♥ or </3
Chapter 13: Harsh!
Chapter 14: Something's Fishy
Chapter 15: Midnight Breeze
Chapter 16: Confession
Chapter 17: THIS. IS. COMPLICATED.
Chapter 18: Something's Not Right
Chapter 20: Music to my Ears (Valentine's Special ♥)
Chapter 21: Friends Reunited
Chapter 22: The Plan
Chapter 23: The World Never Ceases to Catch Me Off Guard
Chapter 24: Another Competition
Chapter 25: Unsaid Feelings

Chapter 19: Love's A Riddle

222 5 0
By dreamwriter924

  The cafeteria was already crawling with hungry students. The crowd had swallowed me up while I was looking for River. Unfortunately, I couldn't find him anywhere. All these sweaty bodies and sweaty scents surround me. It was getting humid and sticky that I couldn't breathe. I just wish something or someone would help me get out of this sea of starving people. As if something or someone heard my thoughts, two hands-out of nowhere-one circling my waist, and the other covering my eyes pulled me out of the crowd. I tried not to kick and scream but I pressed my eyes shut hoping this is not kidnapping. I remained silent until I can't feel the bodies anymore. Before those hands turned loose around me, I already know who it was even I don't turn around. His cologne says it all.

  River.

  "Why do you have to scare me like that?" I turned to face him, my hands on my hips.

  "You were? But you don't appear scared. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

  Why is it so hard to stay mad at someone who is so dear to you? Instead of ignoring him, I smile and shrug, "It's okay, just don't do it next time. Or I'll..."

  "You'll what?" he leaned closer to me and touched my chin with his index finger and lifted my face towards his.

  I stayed silent and unmoved. My cheeks were as hot as the sun.

  "Thought so," he winked. "C'mon! I saved you a seat." He looped his arm around mine and I tagged along with him.

  He led me to our table. By our, I mean him, me and some of his guy friends and their girlfriends. I didn't know River had this huge crowd of friends. I recognize some faces. I smile and wave as some of them nod their heads at me. Most were mischievous students in other classes—I've heard. When we were about to sit, two seats were already prepared for the both of us, side by side. My lunch tray and his are even prepared and untouched. Has River been waiting for me to eat lunch with him? Suddenly, I had this guilty feeling because I had let River wait when Clyde and I were inside the art room having pointless conversations. Clyde and I took our seats. I'm seated between Clyde and a guy I think his name's Ryan. He's a burly person, famous for his artistic talents—he vandalizes some school properties. Out of the corner of my eye, I kept on seeing River sneaking a few glances at me while I eat my carbonara.

  "Hey uh Blaire, right?" Ryan's voice sounded beside me.

  I swallowed and said, "Blaire."

  "So, are you and um..." Ryan nodded towards River, who is busy laughing with his other buddies, "...together?"

  I shook my head.

  A look of surprise came across Ryan's face as if he had been expecting a different answer from me. "Oh, so that means you're still single?" But it was already replaced by a different expression, like a confident look. He had this evil smirk on his face. His gray eyes on mine as if he could see me inside and out.

  I knew already exactly what he meant by that statement. So I said quickly, "But we're gonna be together. Soon." I emphasized the word soon so that he'll know he can't flirt or make any move on me.

  "So what are you two talkin' about?" River's voice had interrupted the awkward atomosphere between Ryan and me.

  "Nothing, just homework," Ryan answered right away. I guess he's not a good friend. I've got to tell River about him. It's the right thing, I think.

  "C'mon man, you? Homework? Are you kidding me?" River asked in disbelief while laughing.

  "Ok, you got me man," Ryan raised his arms in defeat. Is this guy gonna tell River the truth? "I was askin her if I could have her dessert." Guess not. Loser.

  "And...?" River turned to look at me. "Are you gonna give it to him, Blaire?" He asked me in a concerned voice.

  "He could have it, I guess. I'm not in the mood anyway, " I shrugged. "I'm still full with the carbonara." I shove the pudding towards Ryan who looks a bit relieved of his stupid lie.

  Afterwards, River and I went to our classes. But before I went in, River took my hand and asked me, "Blaire, could I walk you home after class?"  

  "I thought we would be taking Janna's car," I replied. 

"I just thought that maybe we could hang out, you know, just the two of us?" he asked me sheepishly. "But hey, it's okay if you're not yet comfortable with it. There's always a next time and...I could wait." He smiled at me as he took my hand and brushed his lips on it. A sudden feeling of want rushed through my veins. Why is River the sweetest?  

  "Thanks River," was the only thing I've managed to say after he gave me his heart-warming speech. He bid goodbye and I went into my next class which is music class.  

  When I entered the room, people are already beside their musical instruments. I situated myself beside the keyboard when someone named Amanda tapped my shoulder. "You ready for practicals today?"  

  "There is?" I asked, obviously clueless of the tests.  

  "Yup! I just knew it now. Sir told me when I came in to class today."  

  "Oh then I should get ready and you too, Am," I gave her my sweetest smile, thankful she told me today was practicals. This is one of the classes I love because this is the only class I could express myself through music. And it's the only class where I'm the favorite of the teacher.  

  "Ready?" a voice sounded behind my ear. Speak of the devil, it was Sir Briggs, aka the youngest teacher in school. He's in his mid-twenties with blonde hair tied neatly into a low short ponytail. He has a high bridged nose, high cheekbones, good built body, shining silver eyes and the perfect lively smile you couldn't see any teacher wearing in this school. I like Sir Briggs, he's nice to every student. Even some guys treat him like a student. Most girls even fall head over heels for him—except me, of course. I could say he's one of the famous icons in school.  

  "Whose idea it is to give a surprise practical test?" I shot back.  

  "Now now, that's not a good way to talk to your teacher like that," he waved his index finger unapprovingly at me. Then there's awkward silence then we broke into laughter.  

  "It doesn't suit you, sir," I laughed.  

  "I know right," he smiled. "I can't even imagine myself being so strict like who do you hate in your trigo class?" 

  "Oh you mean, the Terrorist?" 

  "What the hell? Terrorist? Nice one, so I'm guessing it's Miss Terstale?" he chuckled. 

  "Bingo!" I winked. "She gives us excruciating headaches and she's a sadist."  

  "Can't argue with that," he winked back. "Well, got any nicknames for me?"  

  "Luckily, none," I shrugged.  

  "Aww, I thought there could be a little fun. Or you're just scared I might get hurt."  

  "In your dreams Leon," I said, then adjusted the buttons for my keyboard.  

  "Don't call me that," he pouted. "Just call me Briggs and I'm fine with that." 

  "C'mon! Leon is not as bad as you think,"  

  "Well, in my point of view, it is! So live with it!" he said. "Sooo...I'm gonna leave you to start preparing for practicals later. Don't disappoint me, Rose!"  

   "You know I won't, like I always do," I smiled confidently as he returned it also.  

After minutes of getting myself prepared for the practicals—I've decided I'm going to play the lullaby Mom had played for me after the day I left Clyde—, Sir Briggs was nowhere to be found in the music room. Where could he have gone to? Class was about to start. "Hey, you know where sir went?" I asked Amanda.  

  "There's going to be a new student who's gonna be attending his class," she whispered to me as if it was a secret.  

"Any idea who it might be?" my eyes widen with excitement. I wonder who will be the new student playing a new instrument. This will make music class more interesting.  

Suddenly, the class's door swung open. Sir Briggs has someone behind him. As I snuck a look of the new student, my heart got caught in my throat. This is no new student, trust me. This student gave chills to me, in an I-don't-know-how-to-feel way. This student is none other than...Clyde Williams...crap!

Just crap.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 1.3K 10
သူဌေးရဲ့သားနဲ့ ဒရိုင်ဘာရဲ့ မြေးတို့ကြားက တစ်ယောက်က နီးစပ်အောင်ကြိုးစားနေပြီး သူ့ရဲ့ ကြိုးစားပုံ ကြိုးစားနည်းက မမှန်တော့ အဝေးကို တွန်းပို့နေသလို ဖြစ်န...
377K 9.7K 32
Princess Marie, a renowned troublemaker of Paris has entered the Ton. Marriage, children and any prospect of love have always been a 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘧...
582K 51.9K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
305K 7.6K 111
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...