2. Seeing Purple | Scott McCa...

By enchantingherondale

Brooklyn 'Brooke' Hale is back in Beacon Hills after a short time away. She expects to live out her senior ye... More

✰ ℂ𝕒𝕀π•₯ ✰
✰ 1 ✰
✰ 2 ✰
✰ 3 ✰
✰ 4 ✰
✰ 5 ✰
✰ 6 ✰
✰ 7 ✰
✰ 8 ✰
✰ 9 ✰
✰ 10 ✰
✰ 11 ✰
✰ 12 ✰
✰ 13 ✰
✰ 14 ✰
✰ 15 ✰
✰ 16 ✰
✰ 17 ✰
✰ 18 ✰
✰ 19 ✰
✰ 20 ✰
✰ 21 ✰
✰ 22 ✰
✰ 23 ✰
✰ 24 ✰
✰ 25 ✰
✰ 26 ✰
✰ 27 ✰
✰ 28 ✰
✰ 𝔸𝕔π•₯ 𝕋𝕨𝕠 ✰
✰ 29 ✰
✰ 30 ✰
✰ 31 ✰
✰ 32 ✰
✰ 33 ✰
✰ 34 ✰
✰ 35 ✰
✰ 36 ✰
✰ 37 ✰
✰ 38 ✰
✰ 39 ✰
✰ 40 ✰
✰ 41 ✰
✰ 43 ✰
✰ 44 ✰
✰ 45 ✰
✰ 46 ✰
✰ 47 ✰
✰ 48 ✰
✰ 49 ✰
✰ 50 ✰
✰ 51 ✰
✰ 52 ✰
✰ 53 ✰
✰ 54 ✰

✰ 42 ✰

681 23 0
By enchantingherondale

𖧹 𝓑𝓾𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓼, 𝓑𝓾𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓼 𖧹

Allison's name had been the password and after a little snooping, Brooklyn, Scott and Malia had found out precisely where Argent was going to be. The three of them had now arrived at that location. It was a white structure, made up of pillars arranged in four rows of twenty-four supporting a roof but not walls or windows. It was a pretty open space with the only illumination coming from a couple of standing lights at the tail end of the structure.

The three teens quietly made their way up there, as not to be seen and saw Argent stood in front of a few crates with around four men in camouflage uniforms holding guns up at him. "If you knew anything about guns, you'd know they're not loaded." Argent commented, taking one look at their weaponry.

"We brought out own." one of them replied and Chris watched as they each changed their cartridge to fully loaded ones.

"And I always have a back up plan." Argent stated.

Informing the others that they were there, Malia kicked the closest man dressed in camouflage to them from where they'd managed to creeped in onto the floor and pressed her foot into their neck. In an instant the guns which where once held at Argent were pointed towards them.

Argent looked at them with only slight of the astonishment he felt on his face. "What the hell are you guys doing here?"

"We're you're back up." Scott answered.

"I had a guy on the inside." Argent told him.

"Who?" Brooke questioned seeing that all the men still had their guns trained and didn't show any sign of dropping guard.

"Malia's standing on him." Chris informed making the three of them look down at the poor guy and Malia take her foot off.

Argent turned back to the other men with a tense smile and nod as the guns went back on him. "Get down!" he shouted to the three teens as he pressed a button on a remote in his hand and a beep sounded. Scott grabbed Brooklyn, pulling her down with him behind the crates while Malia and Argent hid behind different pillar as the device set off a distraction long enough for them to do so. The other men fired their guns, the bullets hitting the objects blocking them from the pack relentlessly causing sparks and shrapnel to fly everywhere.

As the men had to stop and reload, Argent began signalling to Malia to drag his ally who remained on the floor unconscious out of harms way. The werecoyote shook her head and with Scott seeing what Chris was doing, he too tried to get the girl to comply without being able to say a word. Brooklyn peered around the crate and saw that the guy wasn't too far from her and with the men reloading, it was definitely possible to do.

So, she did it. The Hale girl heard Scott make and indignant noise as she slipped out of his loose grip and ran for the guy. Guns fired again as she moved out into the vulnerable area away from the shelter of the crate but this time Argent was the one shooting. The men in camo uniforms ducked and covered their heads as bullets went for them meaning Brooke was able to easily grab hold of the man's arm. She dragged his back over to the crate where Scott was staring at her with wide eyes and pulled herself and him down behind it.

The second she was safe again, or as safe as she could be, Argent slid back behind his pillar again and Scott's arms were around the Hale girl. "You brave idiot." he mumbled, giving her a long kiss on the temple. She smiled at him but the two were pulled back into the seriousness of the situation when another round of bullets came from the men in uniform. The pillars and crates the pack were hid behind were now starting to break and crack after being repeatedly hit so many times. They had to do something.

Scott and Malia glanced at each other through the chaos and silently communicated a plan. The two of them creeped away from their hiding spots making Argent and Brooke slightly confused but they allowed the two to carry on with no questions. The two sneaked around behind the men who still continued to shoot. Scott grabbed the first by the shoulder, flinging him backwards and making his head harshly hit the concrete which knocked him out.

Malia kicked hers in the leg before taking hold of his head and slamming him back into the ground. Though as she went for the final guy, he turned around and raised his gun right at her. The werecoyote stood still with wide eyes, scared. Brooklyn quickly got out from behind the crates and crept up at the guy's side and kicked him in the back of the knee. He was sent off his feet and land cruelly on both knees as Argent also came beside him and held his pistol at the man's head.

The man in uniform immediately dropped his gun and it clattered to the floor, scattering some bullets as it did so. "Who are the guns for?" Argent asked. The guy kept silent, fidgeting a little with his hands when he dropped something else to the floor. A grenade. Brooklyn, Scott, Malia and Argent recognised what it was as soon as the small, black weapon hit the floor and shot away from it.

The man also ran for it, getting away as the other four were knocked to the floor as the explosion went off seconds later. Smoke clouded their vision and their ears rung slightly as the groaned from their positions on the floor but over it all they were still able to hear the screeching of tyres as the man escaped by car.

The four of them staggered to their feet, Scott coming over to help Brooke and hold her close. They were just able to see the small up flick of dust and dirt the car left behind as it drove out of sight. "For the record, I had everything under control." Argent stated.

The other three moved over to him and Malia looked around dubiously. "Clearly." she commented.

"How did you find me?" Argent inquired.

"They did it." Malia said immediately pointing at Brooke and Scott to pin the blame on them.

Brooklyn shook her head and sighed at her cousin as Scott answered, "You left your computer in the bunker."

"Ah." Argent hummed. "I guess I need a new password."

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

After asking Argent about the bullet with the Fleur-de-lis that had killed the dead Hellhound, he told them it want him and that he hadn't made any unusual sales recently so they needed to find the slug of the bullet if they wanted to find out the identity of killer. Which is what led the three teens to now be running through Beacon Hills preserve headed to the spot were the Hellhound had been murdered.

However, running through the uneven terrain, in the middle of the night, trying to keep up with a werewolf and a werecoyote who seem intent of going as fast as they can, when you're practically human, is impossible. And Brooke knew it. The girl stopped, leaning her body against a tree as she panted heavily to try and get back all the oxygen she had lost. "Please, for the love of all things holy," she called to the two superhumans who continued to run, "can we stop for a moment so I don't die."

Malia and Scott stopped, shared a few words, turned around and jogged their way back over to the Hale girl with grins on their faces. Brooklyn's eyes flicked suspiciously between the two of them. Why were they grinning? They shouldn't be grinning.

"Struggling, Brooke?" Scott asked sweetly, too sweetly.

"Can you not keep up?" Malia chimed. She also looked too jolly. She shared a glance with Scott as the two struggled to hold back laughs that Brooklyn couldn't notice.

Scott put a hand on his girlfriend's cheek as she straightened up, eyes still flicking between the two cautiously. "Want some help?"

"What are you-" Brooklyn began to ask but before she could finish her question she was suddenly lifted into the air and flung over her boyfriend's shoulder. Scott and Malia could no longer hold back their laughs as Brooke made a surprised noise and they continued jogging again. "Hey!" the Hale girl exclaimed. She hit Scott's back trying to make him put her down but he only laughed more. "Bullies." she muttered.

"Nope. We're doing you a favour, you no longer have to run." Malia told her through a huge smile. She glanced at Brooklyn's annoyed face smushed up against Scott's back and chuckled even louder.

"Yeah, but I still can't breathe." Brooklyn retorted. It was true in part, though she could suck in enough breath to live, it was pretty hard considering her stomach and chest were pushing uncomfortably into Scott's muscled shoulder.

"Sorry, princess." Scott apologised still in a joking manner as he set her down. Though instead of letting her walk by herself, he stood in front of her and gripped her thighs, pulling her up onto his back instead. He then began running beside Malia again.

Brooklyn smiled to herself, wrapping her arms around Scott's neck and setting her chin on his shoulder. This was much better. "Just saying," Brooke noted, "that this wasn't my intention, but it was a great outcome."

Scott shook his head lightly with a laugh. "Good." he said, kissing one of her hands.

She was only set back down on the floor five minutes later when they reached the sight where the Hellhound had died. Scott and Malia high-fived each other making Brooklyn tell them they were bullies again. But the happy atmosphere was drained when the three of them noticed a red laser peeking through a gap in the tree branches.

Scott was pushing Brooke behind him immediately, the three of them tensing up. "Relax, it's just me." Argent shouted to them as he saw their reactions. Brooklyn let out a large exhale as the man lowered his gun slightly as he drew nearer to them.

"Do you have to use that thing?" Malia questioned.

"To determine the trajectory of the bullet, yes." Argent replied as he stopped in front of them. "Show me where you found the body."

Scott pointed at the slight ditch in the ground where the dead Hellhound's body had once rested. Argent stepped down into the area and surveyed the ground for a while. He then lifted his gun up in the general direction of the teens making them all rush to move backwards. "Take it easy, safety's on." Chris conferred.

The three of them gave him thumbs up and Argent lifted his gun up the full way. He aimed it at a tree, the red laser dancing around the bark until he stopped it at a certain point. "Go it." he announced. "Scott, do me a favour. Glow your eyes, tell me if you can see it too."

The True Alpha nodded and turned his head towards the tree. His eyes blazed red as they raked over it. "I see it." he informed.

"That's because it's made from an element with a higher heat signature than regular metal." Argent explained as he slung the strap of his gun over his shoulder and got out of the slight ditch. He made his way over to the tree and began working at it with a knife. "It shines infrared, like your eyes," he said while turning around, the metal in between his fingers, "because it's silver."

Argent, Brooklyn, Scott and Malia then began to walk back through the woods in silence. No words had been exchanged since the discovery that the bullet was silver and it obviously had the werecoyote annoyed since she then sighed obnoxiously. When still no one breathed a word Malia turned her head to the right to look at them all. "How come no one's saying anything? Silver, copper, lead. Who cares what a bullet's made out of? Don't they all do the same thing?"

"Well, there's a myth that a silver bullet can kill a werewolf." Scott explained to her.

"But a real hunter would know it's just a myth." Argent stated. "Silver's too soft for bullets, they don't fly straight."

"If you didn't fire it, then who did?" Malia asked.

"Someone who doesn't know what they're doing." Brooke deducted.

"Someone dangerous," Argent disclosed, "A new hunter."

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

In the McCall house that same evening, Brooklyn stood in the kitchen with Scott, Malia and Lydia. "He killed every supernatural in the Closed Unit? All of them?" Scott checked after Lydia had told them all about what the owner of Eichen House had done.

"He said he couldn't see it any another way." Lydia repeated.

"Ah, poetic." Brooklyn commented.

"Well, I've got another way. You don't kill everyone." Malia huffed.

"I think he was afraid." Lydia acknowledged.

Scott turned around from where he'd been leant again the countertop facing away from the girls with a look of realisation on his face. "The wolves, the rats. It keeps coming back to the same thing, fear."

"But what's everyone afraid of?" Brooklyn pondered.

Scott placed the slug of the bullet on the table. "Us." he declared. "We don't know what fear would do to somebody. I mean, it could change them. They'll look at us differently. They'll do things that they've never done before."

"People can be so stupid." Malia uttered.

Lydia shook her head. "They're not stupid, they're scared."

Scott sighed. "And scared people will do things that you wouldn't believe."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 470 15
25 year old Hailey is a woman of secrets. Not one person knows everything about her. When she is called back to Beacon Hills, her life flips. Her bro...
357K 13.6K 46
𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 | alyssa hale g͏e͏t͏s ͏m͏o͏r͏e ͏t͏h͏a͏n ͏s͏h͏e ͏b͏a͏r͏g͏a͏i͏n͏e͏d ͏f͏o͏r ͏w͏h͏e͏n ͏s͏h͏e r͏e͏t͏u͏r͏n͏s ͏t͏o ͏b͏e͏a͏c͏o͏n ͏h͏i͏l͏l͏s...
322K 6.6K 30
Skylar McCall used to worry about things that most teenagers worry about. Turning in her homework on time, passing the next chemistry test, and tryin...
288 14 13
Amaya Blair only wanted two things, to get through her junior year of high school and to stay away from the supernatural. And despite knowing about w...