Tied to a Cervantes

By RedStilettoes

It is not wrong to run. It is not wrong to choose yourself. It is not a sin to rebel against everyone because... More

Tied To a Cervantes
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 15

2K 66 10
By RedStilettoes

In the middle of lecturing Vince, Luke Warren threw a warning yet knowing look at his younger brother. What Vienna just dropped didn't pleased him so he wanted to personally talk with his brother. If Vienna did not even speak about it because of revenge, probably the rest of them are blinded by the womanizing act of his brother.

When Vince saw how his older brother looked at him, he already knew what will happen. A man to man talk. Something they always do whenever things are going well or not. And this one is something he knew will not turn out positive. Basing from how his older brother had reacted, he is sure as hell that he will receive tons of words tonight.

Pasimple siyang bumuga ng hangin at napakamot ng batok.

It's not even my fault that those girls are begging for my attention. I just granted their request so why am I getting these things return? So unfair.

He glanced at his twin, Vienna, and caught her staring back at him. Nginitian siya ng kakambal na parang wala itong kasalan kaya hindi niya mapigilang mapa-irap kahit lalaki siya.

So much for a family dinner.

When everbody was already done, Abrianna saw how how everyone started cleaning the table. She got stupefied to the core and she cannot help but gape at what she was witnessing. The heck are they doing! She doesn't know if she will cuss or watch them but to avoid any misunderstanding, she just helped. Out of her consent.

While doing so, Abrianna wondered why they need to do this when there are maids for this matter. Pwede namang ang mga kasambahay na lang ang gumawa kaysa sila. But since she has no idea how this house runs, hindi na lang siya nagkomenta at naki-ayon na lang sa ginagawa ng pamilya. She may be a picky bitch but she always value herself kaya hindi niya hahayaang magmukhang walang modo at tumunganga na lang habang nagliligpat ang pamilya ng asawa niya ng pinagkainan nila.

Besides, kahit papaano eh marunong naman siya sa mga ganitong bagay. She's just curious and shocked. That's all.

"Thank you sweety" saad ng ginang nang iaabot niya ang mga nagamit nilang plato. She just smiled in return since she cannot find herself saying the words, "You're welcome".

Abrianna was in the middle of collecting the other utensils when she felt Cervantes' presence. She immediately tore her eyes away from what she's doing and looked up at the man she's living with. But to her surprise, Luke's attention was not on her. His eyes were on the table and he is already finishing what she was doing earlier. She mentally rolled her eyes.

Nakikialam ang gago.

"Ako na" she said when Luke was about to bring the untensils at the sink.

But Luke was quick to move away the dishes away from her. "No. Let me, wife" hinayaan naman siya ni Abrianna kaya nginitan niya ito.

He saw her wife's reation earlier. She may not vocally say it but her movements and eyes were already screaming her thoughts. She was curios and somehow there was resistance. He thought his wife will just sit and watch as everyone moves around but to his surprise, she joined. He had watched as his wife helped and it didn't escape his eyes how she had simply smiled at his mom when she handed her the plates. He knew that reaction very well. It was a half forced and half geniune half smile. If that makes sense. It was obvious that his wife was just conforming to the family's style and Luke doesn't know why but that moment while looking at his wife making an effort, he felt a warmth in his heart. 

He grinned but it quickly vanished when Vienna elbowed him. "Beautiful wife eh,  right kuya?" There was a teasing smile plastered on Vienna's face but he dismissed it and walked near his wife.

Matapos tulungan ang asawa ay agad siyang nagpaalam na kakausapin ang kapatid.  "I'll just talk to Vince, wife. Be back to you the soonest" bulong nito sa asawa.

Abrianna was about to protest but Mrs. Cervantes immediately called her. She instantly felt anxious with the thought that she'll be with Cervantes' mom again. Luke amusingly grinned when he sensed Abrianna's anxiety.

"You look tensed wife. Don't worry mom won't bite so loosen up" he kidded earning him a deadly glare from his wife. "Easy for you to say because you're not in my shoe" Abrinna spitted.

Luke chuckled. "I can definitely relate, wife. I've felt that before when I faced your father nearly three years ago"

Gulat na napatingin si Abrianna kay Luke. Her eyes were wide open and her mouth slightly opened. Hindi na niya naitago ang gulat sa mukha dahil sa sobrang pagkabigla. Ang daming tanong ang gusto niya agad itanong. She cannot believe what she just heard.

He talked with father before? Hindi niya maiwasang maitanong sa isipan niya.

"Come, Abrianna. Join us" The old Mrs. Cervantes appeared and pulled her so she didn't get the opportunity to ask.

"Talk to you later, wife" Luke dumped a soft kiss on her temple before his mom dragged her into who knows where. Walang nagawa si Abrianna kung hindi ang magpaubaya. She'll just talk to him later. She will make sure of it.

While she's following their mom, she's hoping high that Vienna will be there. Ayaw niyang mag-isa kasama ang ina nito. Naiilang siya.

On the other hand, Luke watched as his mom pulled his wife out of the kitchen. He grinned when he remembered Abrianna's reaction. It was priceless. Seems like she didn't expect what he said. Umiling na lang siya bago umakyat sa taas. Vince must be already waiting. Nauna itong umakyat kanina.

He immediately entered Vince's room when he reached upstairs. It wasn't locked so it was easy for him to get in. Naabutan niya ang kapatid na nakaupo sa harap ng laptop nito at nakasalpak sa magkabilang tainga ang headset. 

Agad niya itong nilapitan at tinanggal ang headset nito. "Explain" Luke sat on the edge of the bed while facing his brother. 

"Kuya, I have nothing to explain. Vienna was telling truth"

Hindi nagpatinag si Luke at tinitigan mata sa mata ang nakababatang kapatid. He cannot believe his 18 years old brother just turned to be a casanova. The heck with his three girlfriends! Gusto niyang marinig kung ano ang naisip nito at nambibitbit ng tatlong babae. He has no idea how difficult handling a woman is. Yet here he is taking it like a piece of cake with three girls!  The fuck.

"You know what I want to hear, Vince"

"Kuya, I truelly have nothing to explain" now Vince sounded frustrated.

"I'm waiting, Xavier Vincent" may diing sabi ni Luke. Hindi uubra sa kanya ang expression ng kapatid.

Vince breathed out loud upon hearing his full name. That tone of his brother meant that he has to speak or else they will stay up late until he finally decided to speak. And he doesn't want that to happen. The last time he insisted on being hard-headed, he ended up being pestered by his brother. And believe it, it was freaking annoying as fuck. Bumuntong hininga muli siya bago sapilitang nagsalita.

"Cherinna is my real girlfriend while Sarah and Kyleen..they're my other girlfriends. My flings. At first, it wasn't really in my mind to go two-timing or three-timing. But it changed when I started to notice Sarah. Nilandi ko siya. Pinatulan niya kaya ayun. We became a couple while I am still committed to Cherinna. Then, here comes Kyleen. I saw her on twitter then visited her ig account. She's a catch and she attracted me so I persuaded her. We had constant chats until she said yes after two weeks. All of them don't know that they are three"

Vince continued narrating his deep shits while Luke massaged his forehead. He was stressed hearing his brother's explanation. Hindi siya makapinawalang ganon lang 'yon. His brother persuaded the two because they interest him? That's all? Tanginang gago. "Fuck. Nothing really justifies cheating" bulong niya.

Umayos siya ng upo matapos magpaliwanag ang kapatid. Matalim niya itong tinitigan. "Fix this fucking mess Xavier Vincent. We were not raised to fucking play with women's heart. Think of Vienna and mom if they will suffer the same thing. I'm not ecstatic hearing this shit of a news"

Vince hanged his head down. This isn't the first time his brother scolded him at this level. Maraming beses na but the effect is still the same. Freaking scary.

"Do you understand, Xavier Vincent?" there were demand and authority from his older brother's voice. Hindi niya mapigilang mapatango.

"I understand, kuya"

There was a moment of silence before Luke sighed. As much as possible, he doesn't want to scold his siblings much more to cuss infront of them. But he cannot help to when he needs to remind them of a few things. He doesn't tolerate attitudes and he wants them to grow with morals.

He stood up before nearing his younger brother who cannot even look at him. Halatang masama ang loob. But he doesn't regret if it means guiding them.

Pinatong niya ang kamay sa ulo ng kapatid at ginulo ang buhok nito. "Heads up, brother and don't sulk like a baby 'cause you're not"

Nag-angat naman ng tingin si Vince. He looked up at his brother and his smiling face was the first thing that greeted him. Vince instantly scoffed that made his older brother chuckles.

This is why Vince and Vienna cannot stay mad at their kuya at times like this. Kapag pinagagalitan kasi sila o pinagsasabihan ng kuya nila hindi ito nagtatagal. He would lecture them and after that nothing more. He would smile at them again like nothing happened. His disapproval or anger stops after lecturing them. And what makes everything worth the words is his brother always scold them with reasons. Reasons he and Vienna always knew that needed to be corrected. Just like now.

"My ego will be bruised for sure kuya" Vince said pertaining to the so-called "fix your mess" from his brother. Alam kasi niyang madadali ang ego niya kapag inayos niya ang kagaguhang sinimulan niya.

"It's a price you need to pay for what you did" Luke retaliated. 

Vince sighed. Iniisip pa lang niya kung paano niya aayusin ito ay pakiramdam niya sinasagasaan na agad ang pride niya bilang lalaki. I am still planning yet it feels painful already.  Tangina. Masakit ito.

But he has to fix this mess or else hell will break lose. The spitting mother of the scariest dragons will be awakened from its deep sleep and that will be a nightmare. Vince shakened a bit at the image of his mom giving him death glares. Gigisihin ako no'n mamaya sigurado. I think I'll just pretend to be asleep.

Matapos ang ilang paalala ay nagpaalam na ang kuya niya. Nagpasalamat siya rito at nagpaalam na rin dahil baka hindi na ito bababa kapag umalis na sila ng asawa niya. Iiwas muna siya sa mom nila. Hindi naman problema iyon sa kuya niya. Pinaalalahan siya na lang ito na mag-aral ng mabuti at ayusin ang gulong sinimulan niya bago umalis. Tumango naman si Vince.

He watched his brother's retreating back who seemed agitated to see his wife already. Speaking of wife, Vince is sure that his brother is a good spouse and will be a good father soon. He is betting a hundred percent on that. His brother handle things amazingly so he knew he can also handle his daring and fiery wife.

Napailing na lang siya nang maalala kung paano dalhin ng Ate Abrianna niya ang sarili nito.

She is so confident and she exudes authority. Another scary one hell of a woman.

--

When Luke went down the stairs, it surprised him to found no one but his dad.  "Dad, where are they?" 

"They're in the garden. Your mom wants to tour Abrianna around" replied the old man.

"A tour at this hour?" Luke questioned. His dad just shrugged. "You would never fathom what's in their mind, son so let them be. Let's just have a drink while waiting for them"

He nodded so they proceed to the kitchen counter. He got them glasses while his dad poured them a whiskey.

"How's your talk with Vince?"

Luke reminisced his talk earlier. "It went well,  dad. Though I wanted to smack Vince in the head. That lad" he scoffed.

His dad sighed so he looked at him. He looked problematic. "Your mom will surely grill me later"

With that being said, Luke laughed. The head of the house always receives the biggest lecture from the spitting dragon, afterall.

"Well. Good luck to you, dax. Cheers" and they clicked their glasses against each other. They both took a sip.

"I never had the chance to ask you this, son, so I'm taking my chance"

"What is it, dad?"

"How's married life?"

A smirk slowly curved on Luke's face. He played on his glass then he looked at his father who was waiting for his reponse. "Married life.. " his smirk widened. "..is damn fucking hard"

His father immediately laughed that made him grin before he took a sip on his whiskey again.

It is pretty damn hard. I damn swear.

He was grinning and shaking his head while he let his dad laughed his ass off. After a minute or so, he finally calmed down. His dad tapped his shoulder. "That's normal, son. No marriage life is pure flowers and rainbows" Umayos ng upo ang ama niya. "Tell me, son. How are you keeping up with your wife in your house now after like three years of chasing?"

Napatingin si Luke sa baso niya at inikot-ikot iyon. "Feels like I am playing a damn guessing game.. then and now" Napabuntong hininga siya habang inaalala at kinukwento sa ama kung ano ang mga pinagagawa niya makikilala lamang ng lubusan ang asawa.

He already expected that living with his wife will be difficult because everything is so sudden for them but he never expected it to be this damn hard. Nangangapa siya sa kung ano ang gusto ng asawa niya especially in their early days.

At first, he really doesn't know what his wife likes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks given that she's picky base from what he observed. But even though, he highly believed that he'll eventually discover them after a few days.

But damn he assumed wrong. Parating nag-iiba-iba ang gusto ng asawa niya at hindi niya alam kung dahil ba ito sa mood niya o dahil ba ito sa diet niya o ano. He doesn't know so he couldn't tell! All what he had discovered was her obsession with ginger tea. That's it. Nothing more.

So he gave up trying to guess what his wife prefers during meals. He settled then with preparing what is available and that's when he had discovered that his wife doesn't has particular cravings. What is served is fine with her as long as it delicious.

Hindi ito mapili gaya nang inaakala niya. Sadyang ganoon lang talaga ang aura nito. Mukang mapili pero hindi naman masyado. She just wanted delectable meals.

And until now he still knew a little about his wife. Wala itong kaalam-alam masyado sa hobbies ng asawa, mga preferences nito, her pet peeves, likes and dislikes and so on. He is still slowly discovering those things. Adding to that, they are mostly at work and she barely opens up. She doesn't tell what she feels and most of all she evades deep conversation. Kung nagsisimula man ay agad din nitong pinuputol. And it frustrates him big time.

It was like they're just living under the same roof because he won't allow her to leave. Sure, they're married but Luke cannot feel it. Nothing that connects the two of them. For him, they feel like flings. Para silang naglalandian lamang sa bahay nila dahil sa mga halik at make-outs except they're legally married.

He is doing his best to make their set-up work but it is hard when the other party won't let you. That's why up until now, he still and always rely on his observations to understand his wife. His wife who is so reserved and high.

"It is really difficult since your situation is different. You got married but your wife ran away. Then all of sudden after years of being separated, you are both living together without knowing each other. Kaya talaga wala kang choice kung hindi ang i-base sa mga obserbasyon mo ang character ng asawa mo. Your wife is also handful which adds to your struggles"

His dad stated after his narration and he cannot help but agree. His dad is right. Abrianna is a lot to handle.

"She is too independent. Too independent to believe that she can leave and continue her life alone"

Luke clenched his fist.

"And women like her are difficult to tame. They have been living on their own for so long that they learned to depend on no one except themselves. So, coming into their lives and asking them to lean on you even a single bit is not easy. It's not that they don't trust you. It's just that they trust themselves more than anyone. They are used to dealing things on their own already that's why they don't need your help. And that's where your dilemma is coming from, son. The situation that you are guessing all the time because Abrianna won't tell you anything. You rely solely on your observations to know and understand your wife which makes it extensively difficult in your part."

Napa-inom na lang si Luke. "I don't even know if I am doing right, dad. With how she shuts me down sometimes, I have doubts on my deductions and interpretations about her."

"You are doing right, son. I believe in you. You came from me so I know very well" the old Mr. Cervantes playfully said that made Luke scoffed. They're having serious talk yet here is his father lightening the mood. He mentally smiled.

"Besides, I believe you would already tell by now whether she appreciates or disapproves something"

Sa sinabing iyon ng ama niya, naalala niya ang talim ng tingin nito sa kanya nang malamang nilagyan niya ng bugging device ang office nito at kung paano sumilay ang isang munting ngiti sa mukha nito ng padalhan niya ng pagkain.

"That smile on your face, son, is a proof that you actually knew how to differentiate the situation that involves your wife"

Natawa siya ng mahina. "Well,  cheers to you dad" Luke grinned and raised his glass again. His dad did the same.

He looked at his watch and it says fifteen minutes has passed already. Are they still not finished? He wondered.

"Do you love your wife, Luke?"

Luke choked with his own saliva. His father teasingly tapped his back so he shrugged it off. The fuck with his question!

Nang umayos ang pakiramdam niya ay sinamaan niya ng tingin ang ama. "Where the heck did you pick that question, dad?" he almost raised his voice.

"Come on,  young man. That's not a difficult question. It takes a toddler a millisecond to answer"

"Tsk"

"Don't give me that attitude, Luke Warren and answer my question" seryosong pahayag ng ama niya.

"Dad, stop it. That won't work on me" pigil niya sa ama.

"That won't work on me too, son. Now,  answer my question. Do you love your wife?"

"Dad. Stop it"

"Not until you answer"

He didn't reply so his dad bugged him again.

"Do you love, Abrianna, Luke Warren?"

He remained silent again.

"Do you, Luke Warren?"

"Luke Warren" may diing tawag ng ama niya.

He rubbed his forehead. Fuck. So this is how it feels to be pestered?

"Am I oblige to answer?"

His dad faced him with a serious look. He sighed in defeat and decided to tell the truth. "Honestly, I don't know, dad. So, stop bugging me with that question" He sipped on his glass.

It might be a shame but he really doesn't know. He is attracted to Abrianna that's for sure because who wouldn't.

She's beautiful.

Confident.

A little bit over the head but she knows how to utilize it well at the same time control.

She's smart and she can definitely run their company if she moves.

Marunong din itong magluto and she can do the house chores well. Unexpected from her.

She has a strong fighting spirit.

And she value her self-worth which is attractive for him.

Pero kahit ganon, hindi niya masabing mahal niya ito ngunit hindi rin niya masabing hindi niya ito mahal. He is attracted that's all. Sure, he cares. But not to the point he would call it love.

He glanced at his dad when he tapped his shoulder again while grinning. "No worries, son. I'm not pushing you. You'll discover it eventually. You're in the proccessing of figuring it out anyway"

Luke scoffed uninterested with what his dad said. Inubos nito ang whiskey na iniinom tsaka tumingin muli sa orasan niya. He sighed.

They're taking too long.

But he just stayed silent while patiently waiting for his wife to return.

•••••••

A/N:
Hope you are all having a good day. Thank you for reading! 💕

#DedicationsDedications readers! Keep your thoughts coming.

Take care and always keep safe.

Much love,
RedStilettoes

~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

435 24 12
He fell first she fell harder Bookish romance. . . . . . . . . . . . Okay so this is a normal love marriage but with a twist if your looking for dar...
7.8K 515 11
"I wish you had died when your parents did. Then, we wouldn't have to witness this day," Maasi's words hit me like a thunderbolt. Mausa placed a hand...
18.8K 1.7K 64
"Y...You bastard! If you think I'll marry you because of some stupid debt you have with my dad then you are out of your mind. I'll never marry you!" ...
1.4M 31.7K 44
"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa Evans, a 17-year-old girl that came fro...