In Silence (Book 1) || Loki X...

Od KatLovesFictionalMen

Tony Stark is an expert in finding hidden 'talents' in people and he didn't resist doing the same with you. A... Více

Chapter 1: I think he'll shoot you
Chapter 2: But I am not a superhero
Chapter 3: Meeting the Avengers
Chapter 4: Alone with Loki
Chapter 5: Wrong room
Chapter 6: Your first mission
Chapter 7: Your second mission
Chapter 8: Your idea
Chapter 9: In your mind
Chapter 10: You say the truth
Chapter 11: Shopping
Chapter 12: The party
Chapter 13: The illness
Chapter 14: Asgard
Chapter 15: You get better
Chapter 16: A tour to Asgard
Chapter 17: The guest of honour
Chapter 18: A magical night
Chapter 19: The day after
Chapter 20: The vault
Chapter 21: Back in New York
Chapter 22: Hungover
Chapter 23: An unpleasant assignment
Chapter 25: Disaster
Chapter 26: Why are you here?
Chapter 27: Really?
Chapter 28: That's not me
Author's Note
Chapter 29: Decision making
Chapter 30: Unexpected guest
Chapter 31: Back on Asgard
Chapter 32: The voice in your head
Chapter 33: Training with Frigga
Chapter 34: The legend of Freyja
Chapter 35: Your mother's house
Chapter 36: The whole story (part 1)
Chapter 37: The whole story (part 2)
Chapter 38: I know you
Chapter 39: The only way
Chapter 40: Goodbye
Author's Note
We are back!!!

Chapter 24: Leo Marcus

4.1K 130 122
Od KatLovesFictionalMen

The next three hours were easily the longest of your life. You barely had time to look over the file Tony had given you before Pepper and Nat entered your room with a bunch of stuff to get you ready for the party. By now Nat and Pepper had prepared you for countless parties but this time was completely different. The silence that took over the room during that time was echoing in your head along with Tony’s words about the mission.

Pepper kept telling you that you didn’t have to do any of this and that Tony would find another way to solve this but you were convinced to help. This was your first real missions since for ever and you were not going to pass. The mission itself seemed quite easy, the only thing that made you worry was that you would have to hit on a fat, ugly guy for the whole night in front of your boyfriend. You knew very well that Loki was not the calmest person and he definitely would not like that.

About an hour of intense thought from both you and the girls, you were finally ready and thirty minutes away from the party. Once Nat declared that you were ready with a sad and worried face you knew that what you were about to see was not good. You slowly moved in front of the mirror and gasped when you saw your reflection. You were wearing a very revealing and very short long sleeve shirt and an even shorter black skirt. To make things even worse your shoes were a pair of five inch heel boots that went up to your knee.

Loki was definitely not going to be happy about that.

You weren’t happy about that.

“You hate it.” Pepper finally said.

“No, it’s just...not me.”

“If you don’t want to...”

“No I am fine.” You sighed and took one more look before a knock on your door was heard.

You then immediately run to the bathroom and closed the door. You were definitely not ready for people to see you like that. After you shut the door you quickly stuck your ear on it, to figure out who your guest was. A feeling of relieve and anxiety struck you when you recognized Tony’s voice from outside the bathroom, followed by Loki’s comment on your absence. A few minutes and Tony was already knocking on the bathroom door, begging for you to come out. Loki was once again sitting in silence, you still could not hear his thoughts but you somehow knew exactly what he was thinking. He didn’t like the situation, that was clear, but he knew this was what you had to do. It was a mission and you both had to got through with it.

After a few more minutes of both Tony and you trying to convince yourself to get out, you decided to finally leave the bathroom. With a loud sigh and all the courage that you had left, you slowly opened the door and stepped hesitantly out of the bathroom. Tony looked at you up and down and so did Loki who quickly turned his look elsewhere.

“Kid...” Tony started.

“No. It’s fine.” You cut him immediately. “This is a mission and I know what I have to do.”

Tony nodded sadly and you moved next to Loki. He then looked back at you and gave you a sad smile before exiting the room. You really had no words, he had every right to be like this. You were feeling the same, but you both knew it was going to be over very soon. You were counting on that.

Once everything was ready, you and Tony got out of the tower, where a limousine was waiting with Loki already in it.

“We will take the Quinjet so we will probably arrive before you. We will stay hidden and look over the two of you the whole time. Through your earpiece we will able to be in touch with you so please do not take it off!” Tony said once again before letting you get into the car.

“Tony relax! I will be fine okay? I have Loki to protect me. Besides, nothing will go wrong.” You reminded him one more time.

“Okay kid. Thank you.” You didn’t respond to Tony’s last comment. You just gave him a sweet smile before turning around and entering the car.

Loki was already in the seat next to you, gazing silently out of the window. You decided not to speak, after all you didn’t have much to say. Where would you even start?

Hey, Loki, how do you like my outfit? Too revealing, huh? Yeah it’s for someone else.

Or how about; I know we haven’t been together for that long but it would be a fun thing to have a man all over your girlfriend while you’re watching for a while night.

Or maybe; Hey, Loki, sorry you have to watch another man flirt with me all night!

All those thoughts had completely taken over you but Loki’s laugh suddenly snapped you back into reality. You hadn’t seen him laugh all day and that was really a sudden.

“What?” You asked him nervously.

“Nothing you just...Are being quite loud.”

An immediate wave of embarrassment rushed over you. You felt like an idiot for complete forgetting you couldn’t control your thoughts that well when you were stressed, or that Loki was more than capable of reading your mind. You felt your whole face burning up and you quickly avoided eye contact with Loki.

“I’m sorry.” You finally said shyly.

“It’s okay. And I am okay too. It’s just a mission I know that. I promise I will try very hard not to stab this Leo Marcus.”

You both laughed and then immediately returned to your silence, the calming and beautiful silence you were used to. Somewhere around the middle of the ride Loki probably felt how nervous you were and slid his hand across the seat to grab yours. You felt such a reassurance when he did so. You suddenly felt safe and immediately knew that everything was going to be just fine.

About an hour later the car stopped In front of a giant mansion. It was an enormous building, with so many windows and hundreds of lights coming out of it. As for the music, it was louder than anything you had ever heard in any of Tony’s parties.

Once the car was outside the main entrance, Loki quickly got out of the car and opened the door for you. You immediately got out and looked at him. Loki had already put up an illusion and looked like a completely different man. He still had long raven hair and worn it in a bun, his face though looked completely different; he had a very intense jaw line, light blue eyes and even a faded beard on him. It wasn’t exactly your favourite look of him, but you didn’t complain either.

“You don’t like it.” He whispered as you got out.

“You’ve done better.” You giggled and turned to the entrance of the mansion.

You let out a sigh as you and Loki walked up to the two security men standing in front of the huge door. They looked at you and Loki and then one of them checked the guest list. He looked a little suspicious when he couldn’t find your name on the list, and Loki’s intense look towards him didn’t help much.

This was the moment you were supposed to use your tricks so that they would let you in but for a moment you froze. It was like you had suddenly forgotten everything you knew about magic.

“Y/N!” Tony’s voice was suddenly heard from the earpiece and you were right back on track.

In a minute you were inside the man’s mind. Convincing him and his friend to let you in was the easiest part and you could see the proud impression on Loki’s face when you did so.

You then got in and immediately looked around, trying to find Leo, which was an extremely hard task, given the enormous crowd before you. All you hoped at that moment was that Loki would spot Leo faster and that you could get over with the mission. Everyone was already too drunk which automatically made your job way easier. You started wandering around the gigantic mansion while listen to an intense conversation Tony and Steve had through your earpiece.

“Will you shut it?” You finally told them as Loki approached you.

“I found him.” He said with a small grin on his face. Then he pointed at a tall man with dark skin and brown hair standing in front of the bar. You definitely didn’t expect him to look so...good.

Focus y/n!

No matter how good he looked he still had done what he had done and he was your target. You looked over at Loki, who had obviously noticed you staring at Leo but didn’t say anything. He then looked at you in the eyes and nodded giving you a reassuring smile. You wanted to burry your face into his chest so much but you couldn’t.

“Are you ready kid?” Tony’s voice came through the earpiece.

“No...” You laughed.

“Then go get him.”

You then walked faster until you got to the bar, right next to your target. He immediately caught a glimpse of your stunning appearance and the plan was on.

You and Leo started talking, he seemed like a good guy and you could never guess he was involved in such business.

No, you had to focus!

You started ordering the drinks one after the other casting an illusion on you, making everyone think you were actually drinking all of them. Leo had not suspected a thing of your plan and even started to like you. You could hear his thoughts so clear; they were not ideal but you had to ignore them.

After a few more drinks Leo was more than happy to leave the party with you when you asked him to. Loki was standing by the whole time, looking after you with a quite envious look on his face. Not that you didn’t enjoy the little show but you had to focus. When you finally left the bar with Leo and as you were passing through the crowd on the dance floor, Leo grabbed your hand and pulled you closer to him.

“Let’s dance.” He spoke loudly into your ear and laughed.

You returned an awkward smile and started dancing with him. At first, the songs were quite energetic and you were mostly jumping around. Leo tried to put his hands on you once or twice but you jumped away from him, pretending you didn’t realise what he was doing.

Loki obviously was not happy with Leo’s actions but knew he couldn’t do anything about. Well obviously you were the least happy out of everyone at the party. About a few songs later though, you were about to get even more unhappy.

Out of the blue the DJ put on a very slow truck. Your heart started pounding so hard when Leo put his hand on you waist and pulled you closer. You locked your worried eyes with Loki’s for a seconds before turning back to your dance partner with an awkward smile.

You both started dancing into the music. You tried to hold him back as much as you could but his hands were soon quite loose. It didn’t take more than a minute for your patience to run out and finally punch Leo on the face as hard as you could.

The music suddenly stopped and everyone was starring at you. Loki slowly started coming towards you but sadly, so were the guards. Leo was laying, almost unconscious on the floor; you hadn’t realise how hard you had hit him. Once the guards were close enough to you, you started walking fast towards Loki and met him in the middle where he immediately grabbed your hand.

“Outside. Run!” Loki said and led your through the crowd to the back yard.

“Y/N! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?” Tony yelled through the earpiece.

“He was all over me! I had to do something!” You yell back as you got closer to the door.

“We are landing now. Fast!”

You and Loki were now running, as fast as you could to get out of the building and into the Quinjet. You hesitated to look back, but once you were out of the party and into the back yard, you turned around and saw about four guys running behind you. You were definitely not outmatched but something told you that things were about to get horribly wrong.

You kept running behind Loki, trying to keep up. You had to think positively. Besides what were the possibilities of four random people with guns beating two Asgardians? Not to mention the whole Avengers squad arriving any minute.

The back yard of the mansion was huge and by the time you were in the half of it Tony had already landed the jet. You were now running faster than you ever thought you could run. In only a second you were suddenly running a few feet in front of Loki. You were both only two steps away from the jet when you heard a loud shot from behind of you.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

20.8K 618 51
Asgard was once a happy place for Freya but after her mother was murdered everything seemed dark and sluggish. Freya lived with her horrible neighbou...
90K 2.9K 42
After growing up with the princes of Asgard you were betrayed. Will this simple mission to Earth fix your friendship with the god of mischief or will...
289K 10.7K 121
You stuck by him through thick and thin, often leaving Thor's side to help him. You knew him to every last detail, the way he walked, talked, the way...
9.2K 397 9
He lived a life of lies, injustice, and neglect. He made gruesome mistakes. He was used, tortured, manipulated. But, sure, the God of Mischief can st...