Queen Of The Plains ( The Mat...

By LyssahTraicey

Lulu had been labeled the wild card of the Kiarie sisters and she lived up to that name. She lived her life e... More

๐ŸŒป Author's Note ๐ŸŒป
๐Ÿฆ Chapter One ๐Ÿฆ
๐Ÿ˜ Chapter Two ๐Ÿ˜
๐Ÿ„ Chapter Three ๐Ÿ„
๐Ÿ Chapter Four ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿฎ Chapter Five ๐Ÿฎ
๐Ÿ† Chapter Six ๐Ÿ†
๐Ÿพ Chapter Seven ๐Ÿพ
๐ŸฆŽ Chapter Eight ๐ŸฆŽ
๐Ÿฆ“ Chapter Nine ๐Ÿฆ“
๐Ÿฆ’ Chapter Ten ๐Ÿฆ’
๐Ÿ•ท๏ธ Chapter Eleven ๐Ÿ•ท๏ธ
๐Ÿœ Chapter Twelve ๐Ÿœ
๐ŸChapter Thirteen ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ Chapter Fourteen ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿฆ‹ Chapter Fifteen ๐Ÿฆ‹
๐Ÿ” Chapter Sixteen ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿฆ” Chapter Seventeen ๐Ÿฆ”
๐Ÿฟ๏ธ Chapter Eighteen ๐Ÿฟ๏ธ
๐Ÿฆก Chapter Nineteen ๐Ÿฆก
๐Ÿฆจ Chapter Twenty ๐Ÿฆจ
๐Ÿฆฆ Chapter Twenty One ๐Ÿฆฆ
๐Ÿฆฅ Chapter Twenty Two ๐Ÿฆฅ
๐Ÿ‡ Chapter Twenty Three ๐Ÿ‡
๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ Chapter Twenty Four ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ
๐Ÿฆฉ Chapter Twenty Five ๐Ÿฆฉ
๐Ÿฆข Chapter Twenty Six ๐Ÿฆข
๐Ÿฆœ Chapter Twenty Seven ๐Ÿฆœ
๐Ÿฆš Chapter Twenty Eight ๐Ÿฆš
๐Ÿฆƒ Chapter Twenty Nine๐Ÿฆƒ
๐Ÿ“ Chapter Thirty ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿˆ Chapter Thirty One ๐Ÿˆ
๐Ÿ•โ€ Chapter Thirty Three ๐Ÿ•โ€
๐ŸฆŒ Chapter Thirty Four ๐ŸฆŒ
๐Ÿ‘ Chapter Thirty Five ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿฆ™ Chapter Thirty Six ๐Ÿฆ™
๐Ÿ Chapter Thirty Seven ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ Chapter Thirty Eight ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿƒ Chapter Thirty Nine ๐Ÿƒ
๐Ÿฆ˜ Chapter Forty ๐Ÿฆ˜
๐Ÿซ Chapter Forty One ๐Ÿซ
๐Ÿฆ Chapter Forty Two ๐Ÿฆ
๐Ÿฆ› Chapter Forty Three ๐Ÿฆ›
๐Ÿฆง Chapter Forty Four ๐Ÿฆง
๐Ÿฆ Chapter Forty Five ๐Ÿฆ
๐ŸŠ Chapter Forty Six ๐ŸŠ
๐Ÿข Chapter Forty Seven ๐Ÿข
๐Ÿž Chapter Forty Eight ๐Ÿž
๐Ÿฆ… Chapter Forty Nine ๐Ÿฆ…
๐Ÿบ Chapter Fifty ๐Ÿบ
๐Ÿป Chapter Fifty One ๐Ÿป
๐Ÿฃ Epilogue ๐Ÿฃ

๐Ÿฉ Chapter Thirty Two ๐Ÿฉ

342 33 3
By LyssahTraicey

LULU'S POV

After pitching my harvest festival idea to Ruth during our scheduled girls night she had talked me out of it. She'd made me see reason that the population would be too large to host a party for and it would not be enough since it was the first harvest. Instead we had reassigned the crop we would harvest to be used for her wedding reception. It was actually a better idea because a lot of people would still be invited and I got to give my two closest friends some help with their budget.

The wedding day was finally upon us and we were currently in my room as I helped Ruth get ready for the ceremony. It was a garden wedding at the resort since the church was going through renovations and was not ready yet. Ruth's gown actually matched the wedding theme so it was perfect for her. I together with three other of her colleagues we're her bridesmaids. I had no idea who her maid of honor was but she seemed like a nice lady. Our dresses were short with an ankara bodice that hugged our midriffs and flared from the waist to our knees in a white tutu design. We all wore red heels and they had matching hairstyles except for me since I had short hair.

"One more thing then we're ready to go." I announced after I was done fixing Ruth's veil.

I handed her the bouquet of red roses and stepped back to admire her.

"I'd cry but you're a cry baby and we'll both start crying which is not good for the photos. You look perfect Ruth, I'd marry you myself if I could."I complimented loving how the dress fit her perfectly without adjustments.

"Thank you so much Lulu. This day would not have been possible without you. You truly are a blessing to us all and I'm happy that we became friends."She replied and we shared a hug shaking off the feeling of breaking out in tears.

"Name one of your kids after me and we're even."I teased and we both chuckled.

"It's a deal."She replied.

"We've kept Mark waiting long enough so it's time to go. Are you ready to be Mrs. Mark Solei?"

"Yes I am."She replied without a hint of doubt in her voice.

"Okay, your parents will be be here to fetch you when it's time. Stay calm and I'll see you at the end of the aisle."I instructed and she nodded.

Fated one last hug I left her all alone in my room and walked outside where the rest of the bridesmaids were waiting. They had been making too much noise so Ruth had kicked them out. I was doing the work of her maid of honor but I didn't mind. She wasn't close with the real maid of honor anyway, she just chose her because church doctrines dictate that the maid and man of honor be a married couple. If it were a free choice then I'm sure James and I would have taken those roles.

"Okay ladies, time to go. Big smiles and don't forget your bouquets."I instructed before leading them away to the small make shift ceremonial ground that had been set up at the corner of the field in the resort.

The whole wedding was happening at the resort, first we would have the ceremony, then the photo session and finally the reception. It helped cut costs putting the whole event in one place. It was still beautiful anyway and I was happy to be part of a happy occasion. We arrived at the venue and I stood still to admire the beautiful work done. There were white seats on either side of a long aisle which led to an arch decorated with white flowers that would act as the altar. Everyone was already seated and it was so overwhelming seeing the beautiful Samburu culture represented in their attire.

Everyone started getting in line for their walk down the aisle and I followed them. The groomsmen all looked dashing in black tuxedos, white shirts and black ties each with a white rose in their breast pocket. Mark was dressed the same except his rose was red and he had a white blazer on.

My eyes wandered to where James was standing in line talking to Mark who was behind him and I took a moment to admire him. His dreadlocks were tied back and his suit hugged him perfectly outlining his muscles. I swallowed heavily when I realized I remembered how he looked like under the tux. His eyes met mine and his eyes ran over my body just like I'd done to him and I started feeling hot all over. He licked his lips and I resisted the urge to waltz towards him and kiss him. He winked at me before resuming his conversation with Mark. I so wish we were already having sex, he would have been a lucky man when the wedding shenanigans were over.

The song that we were supposed to walk to towards the altar started playing and since I'd been paired with James, I made my way to his side. Our arms brushed against each other as we stood side by side. I looped my hands around his intertwining our hands together. Mark and Ruth had asked us to be on our best behavior since apparently we couldn't keep our hands of each other so we were restricted to hand holding only. No kissing or hugging and it was bugging me already yet but was only the start of the day.

"You look ravishing my love."James whispered huskily in my ear and I looked up at him to meet his gaze.

"And you looked good enough to eat, too bad we've been placed on a diet by the bride an groom."I whispered back and James smirked understanding my smooth innuendo.

"It's only for a few hours babe, let's give them what they want. They deserve it."James replied and I smiled nodding even though I was not okay with it.

He sneaked a quick kiss to my temple and my smile became more sincere. I truly was in love with the man.

When it was finally our turn, James and I made our way down the aisle and when we got to the altar he let go of my hand and we both stood on opposite sides. Mark was next as he took his place next to the priest and when the bridal chorus started everyone stood up and we all turned our gazes to the beautiful bride as she made her way down the aisle in her parents arms. Mark looked like he was about to cry but he coughed to mask it and sobered up fast.

Ruth finally made it to the altar and both her parents gave her away. The priest prayed and the ceremony officially began. Our full attention should have been on the bride and groom but James and I couldn't keep our eyes of each other. We loved each other, wanted to build our future together, had raw sexual chemistry between us and enough self control to resist out urges until the right time. If you asked me we were a match made in heaven. I was in no rush to get married, I was still young but if James popped the question I would definitely say yes. I was sure I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and that would never change.

I must have spaced out for quite a while because next I realized everyone was clapping as Mark kissed his bride. Wow, that was a fast ceremony. They both walked down the aisle holding hands with winning grins on their faces. I took James arm as we went for the next item of the itinerary which was the photo session. We took lots of photos and even managed to get a few intimate ones of James and me. I would make sure to get them framed just like I did with the ones we took during the library unveiling ceremony.

We had lots of tents pitched up to accommodate everyone for reception. The most attractive item when it came time to sit down and eat was the cake. It was a three tier vanilla cake with both chocolate and vanilla icing. The top was shaped to look like a pot and it had decorations of edible different colored beads to represent the cultural part of the wedding.

"Two weddings in one great year, I've broken my own record."I commented to James as we sat down to eat.

"How many weddings have you ever been to?" James asked.

"None, my sisters was my first."I replied and he looked at me shocked.

"Wow, you're not the social butterfly I thought you were."He mocked playfully and I nudged his shoulder with mine.

"Not everyone has a big family like yours."

"It will be your family one day."He smirked at me and I smiled.

"I can't wait."I replied leaning in to kiss his lips but was stopped by a hand pulling me back.

I turned around fast to give them a piece of my mind when I was met with the glaring face of the newly wedded bride.

"Oops sorry I forgot."I apologized looking at her sheepishly.

"Should I separate you two?"She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope we'll behave."I replied quickly and after one last glare she let me go.

James and I looked at each other before we burst out in a fit of giggles. We took a few minutes to sober up as our food was served to us. Once the heavily laden plate of food was laid before me everything else disappeared from sight as I dug in.

I was loving the whole wedding until it came time to dance. James was already on the dancefloor with his mom swaying her to the beat and I was just sitting there watching them with a smile on my face. I was not a dancer, never have been, never will be. James had already asked me but I'd said no, no matter how much he insisted. My body just wouldn't coordinate wherever music was involved.

Mark and Ruth looked lost in their own world as they danced together at the center of the make shift dance floor. I wished nothing but eternal happiness and everlasting love. They both deserved to be happy together for the rest of their lives.

I was walking out of the bathroom headed back to my table to continue my session of watching everyone when someone sneaked up behind me and snatched me up. I almost screamed but I recognized the arms as belonging to James so I relaxed in his embrace.

"Jamie put me down."I demanded when I saw him walking towards the dance floor.

"Nope."He replied popping the p.

"James Lankenua, if you don't put me down right now I will.... I will..." I stuttered unable to come up with a good enough threat.

"You'll what."He replied breathing huskily into my ear and the female part of me that always panted after him like a dog in heat calmed down.

I noticed people looking at us and I looked down embarrassed.

"James I'll dance with you put me down."I said giving in not wanting to cause a scene.

He put me down and turned me around with a winning smirk on his face. I lightly punched his stomach knocking the wind out of him. I took that as a chance to escape but he was fast to catch me. I wound up in his arms, my hands of his chest. A slow song started and James positioned us so we were now slow dancing together with his hands around my waist and mine around his neck.

"Dirty trick babe but it was worth it if I get to dance with you."He said with a smile kissing my forehead.

"I don't dance James, I'll step on your toes and I'm in heels."I warned.

"Small price to pay for a life time of memories."He winked and I smiled unable to resist his charm.

Taking deep breaths to calm myself down I relaxed in his hold and gave into the music. It was not graceful since I did end up stepping on his toes more than once but James just laughed it off. His laugh was infectious so instead of second guessing myself I just had fun with my man as we danced the night away.

Half an hour before the bride and groom had to leave to one of the cabins for their first night together as a married couple I pulled them aside with James glued to my side.

"James and I got you a gift."I announced to the tired looking couple.

It had been a long day for all of us and I understood them but I had to talk to them before they left.

"We did?"James asked looking at me with wide eyes.

I elbowed him and raised my eyebrows at him signaling him to just go along with it.

"Oh yes we did."He replied turning his gaze to the expectant couple.

"But you already gave us your gifts."Ruth remarked.

"Yes but this one is a special one from the both of us."I replied handing over the envelope to Mark.

"I know you guys spent all your cash on the wedding and didn't have anything left for your honeymoon so you were gonna skip it. We can't have that so we bought you guys a two week trip to Baraza resort in Zanzibar."I explained excitedly and they all looked at me with wide eyes.

Ruth did her signature move pulling me and James into her arms for a hug with tears in her eyes as she whispered thank you over and over again.

"Thank you so much. This is too much you two."Mark commented looking at the brochures with wide eyes.

"No need to make it a big deal, you guys deserve this. Go get a good night's rest, ahelicopter will be here to pick you up in the morning to take you to the airport."I informed them and they just smiled and nodded hugging us again before they left.

I turned to James expecting to see a happy smile on his face but he just looked troubled.

"What's wrong?"I asked putting my hand on his arm.

"That was all you so why did you say that it was from both of us?"He asked with an accusing tone and a hint of anger.

I took a step back wondering where all the hostility was coming from. James had never used that tone on me before.

"I'm sorry if I overstepped, I just thought it'd be easier for them to accept it if they thought it came from the both of us."I explained involuntary flinching when I saw the anger reflecting in his brown orbs.

"You didn't even ask me about it. Is this some scheme to show me just how richer you are than me?"He asked a little too loudly and a few head's turned to look at us.

"James calm down, it's not like that. I'm sorry,I'll tell them it was from me."I rushed out wondering what was going on with him for him to accuse me of such.

I had never once since I met James made him feel like money was an issue between us. He was making me feel guilty for such a simple act. I just wanted to include him in the gift giving not lord it over him.

"It's not the same. I've got to go, excuse me."He mumbled and before I knew what was happening he stormed away from me and into the darkness.

It took me a few minutes to compose myself and chase after him. He didn't get to run away from me because of a disagreement. We would sit down and talk about it to find a solution.

When I got to the parking lot his truck was no longer there. I knew he'd probably go home so I walked back to my cabin to get changed so I could go after him. We'd solve our problem because there was no was I was going to bed angry at him. That's how relationships broke and I wanted to grow old with the arrogant oaf. I was pissed off but I had to calm down, one of us had to be the rational one.

So much for it being a happy day.

🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀

Trouble in Paradise.

Vote. Comment. Share. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.4K 3.4K 23
Hudson Cromwell is about to become a billionaire. At just the age of twenty-two years old, he is about to inherit billions from his rich aunt who had...
3.1M 123K 58
[Formerly titled Billion's Bride] [STATUS - EDITING] "I want a church wedding." "You want a church wedding?" He seethed. "Are you also open to consum...
31 0 15
An African American girl name Princessella Kenyatta Richardson , who has no family that cares . Is living the life to further her dreams . But could...
24.2M 848K 81
The Highest Ranking: #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Feb-18 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Jan-17 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 21...