The Villainess's Great Revenge

By JustVennabel_chan

Lilith Esther Bailey. A woman who was shunned by most due to her arrogant and cold personality. Compared to h... More

Characters (skippable)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
55.5
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
News
150
Chapter 151

108

10.6K 576 121
By JustVennabel_chan

"Lady Evelina is so kind..." some whispered in their hearts.

"Lady Angelina is truly blessed to have such a caring and beautiful sister..." they continued to silently praise Evelina.

Chase merely smiled at Evelina. Evelina responded with a smile as well. There was clearly unknown tension between them.

Angelina felt complicated.

Evelina definetly was not aware of Chase restoring his memories. But it felt... Strange... Like there was something else....

Angelina could not quite put her finger to it.

"Why is everyone praising his random lady?" Elizabeth muttered quietly. But Angelina heard her.

"That's my sister, princess. You've praised her back on the day of the embroidery competition." Angelina turned to the princess, who was clinging to her arm.

"really?" Elizabeth looked confused. "Eh... I don't remember boring people."

"Haha..." Angelina chuckled nervously. This princess really is...

Elizabeth's sight fell on her second brother's empty seat. ' Damn it...' the little princess cursed in her heart.

She turned her head left and right, before finally catching her brother squatting, and staring at the grass. She instantly knew what he was doing.

"Leon! Stop trying to catch bugs! Your a prince!" Elizabeth finally let go of Angelina's arm and ran towards her brother.

Once she was close enough... She kicked his back.

"Ow! What was that for Lizzy!?" The second prince whined.

"Your embarrassing the imperial family!" Elizabeth scolded her second elder brother.

"Your one to talk! No one noticed me until now!" The two bickered.

The crown prince, who was reading a book and ignoring everyone trying to speak to him, finally took his eyes off reading.

He frowned and stood up.

Before the two younger siblings knew it... He was behind them, glaring at them disapprovingly.

"Hehe... Brother...." The two young royals nervously called out.

"You two..." Alistair, the crown prince, grabbed his younger siblings by the collar and dragged them away.

"Wait brother....! I haven't had enough fun yet!" Leon complained.

"Well you shouldn't have caused such a ruckus." Alistair stated.

"Noooo...." The two younger siblings cried out as they were ruthlessly dragged away by their eldest brother.

.....

Witnessing such a scene, the younger aristocrats laughed.

The event continued peacefully. But Angelina felt restless and tired.

Alice, who arrived slightly late, was concerned. "Lina? You seem unwell... Is everything alright?"

"Of course. The weather has just been affecting me..." Angelina laughed it off.

"Lina... Your face is slightly pale." Rienne commented. Her brows raised and eyes narrowed.

"......"

"....Lina?" Rienne was confused. Why is she not responding? Angelina is clearly awake and staring at them...

"Oh apologies. I seem to be a little dazed lately..." Angelina blinked her eyes twice before smiling.

"Okay..." Rienne looked at Angelina with confusion in her eyes.

"Ally. Can we speak privately?" Angelina stood up from her seat and took Alice's hand. Her expression looking alert.

"Huh? Okay." Alice smiled and nodded.

As she watched the two figures walk away together, Rienne's aura around her instantly grew gloomy.

"Hmph! Look at them... Hand in hand... Who are they trying to show off their friendship to huh?" Rienne stood there, with her arms folded, and expression stubborn.

"Jealous?" Arianna asked. Looking as indifferent as ever.

"Hmph! Nope! Who's getting jealous? I don't see anyone!" Rienne pouted and avoided Arianna's gaze.

"Sure sure..." Arianna rolled her eyes with a slight smirk on her face.

*************

"What's wrong Lina?" Alice asked. She was still not aware of the reason Angelina took her away from the others.

"Ally... Are you hiding something?" Angelina squinted both of her eyes and stared at Alice with suspicion.

"Um... W-what?" Alice flinched and her smile turned stiff.

Now Angelina was sure.

"You can tell me Ally. I'm your friend. I'll help you. Are you scared?" Angelina tried to reassure her. But it was evident Alice was reluctant.

"Um... I don't know what your speaking of Lina..." Alice pulled back her hand.

"I know something is wrong. I know you Ally." Angelina smiled comfortingly.

Alice pursed her lips and looked around for a moment. Then Angelina heard her say, "not here. Come to my family's estate tommorow."

After softly saying those words, Alice ran back and returned to where the aristocrat's children gathered.

*************
"So how did you two meet?" Lady Alexandria asked Evelina.

"Well... I met young master Chase when he first visited our mansion. He took my hand and at that moment I was instantly charmed. He was extremely considerate and a true gentleman..." Evelina's cheeks turned red as she described how 'enchanting' and 'magical' their beginning was.

"I'm truly envious of you lady Evelina."

"Lady Evelina and the young master of the Casspan family are such a perfect match.." Harper sighed.

"Wow... Must have been so... great." Rienne lazily rolled her eyes. 

Hearing Evelina exaggerating how they first met, Chase felt a pang in his heart. He never realized how well Evelina could twist words.

In they're past life, he believed her every word. He truly thought that she was sincere and true. His first impression of her was of a kindhearted and naive girl that needs to be protected.

His first impression of Evelina was much more memorable than his first impression of Lilith.

When he first met her, Lilith, to him, was merely his fiancee of an arranged  advantageous engagement.

During childhood, his father always reminded him how it's not very likely that he'll be in love with his fiancee. His father just wanted him to at least get along with his future engagement partner.

So he did. He had quite a harmonious relationship with Lilith.

But as more time passed, his curiosity about love grew. He didn't realize how much he longed for genuine love...until he met Evelina.

"Sister, lady Alice, you both have returned!" Evelina's voice immediately pulled Chase out of his thoughts.

Alice smiled. A trace of nervousness could be seen in her eyes. Her cupped hands were clearly trembling. 

As Angelina's eyes remained stuck on Alice, she felt a sudden pain on her back.

When she turned to look behind her, she saw Carol and beside her was a wooden tray and a spilled cup of tea.

"Carol! Go and apologies to my sister immediately!" Evelina, in a panic manner, stood up and yelled.

"I-i... My apologies lady Angelina!" Carol got on her knees and begged for forgiveness.

"Please forgive her sister... Carol's just a little clumsy! She won't do this again! I promise! Please don't be mad sister..." Evelina pleaded. She hastily walked towards Angelina, kneeled, and wiped Angelina's now slightly wet gown.

Was this part of some plan? Was Evelina trying to appear as a pityful and weak person again? Or was it to tempt Angelina's anger to make her look like a short tempered person? Arianna wondered.

She knew Evelina was not as simple as she seemed. Her actions could not be simply overlooked. Everything must have been calculated.

Angelina sighed, forcefully put down her rising anger, and smiled.

"It's alright. I understand." Angelina waved her hand in a relaxed manner. She seemed not bothered.

"I won't let this happen again sister. I promise!" Evelina stated with determination. "Please take my sister to change. The tea was very cold... I'm afraid my sister will turn I'll...!"

"Yes young lady!" Carol bowed.

"It's best not to disturb my grandmother. Go and take lady Angelina to the side hall. I believe there's a few gowns stored there." Lady Alexandria pointed the direction.

"Yes, of course my lady." Carol then led Angelina away.

*************
"Are we there yet?" Angelina glanced around and asked Carol, who was walking in front of her.

"Just this way your grace." Carol answered politely.

This was not the way to the side hall.

They should've arrived by now if they were really headed towards the side hall.

Angelina vaguely saw a small building in the distance. It appeared to be old and unused.

She already knew this was not the direction of the side hall. But this merely confirmed it.

"Here we are your grace." Carol opened the door. Once Angelina stepped inside, she locked her in.

Angelina calmly examined her surroundings. It was much worse than she had imagined. The room was covered in dust and filled with junk.

Then she felt big hand grab her shoulders. It was a man. He was creepily staring at her.

"Heh.." Angelina couldn't stop herself from sneering. 'what an old trick...'

*************
"Where's my sister...? She's been taking such a long time..." Evelina frowned. Clearly looking worried.

"Lady Evelina, is something wrong?" Lady Alexandria asked curiously.

"No no. I'm just confused. My sister has been taking quite a while..." Evelina looked around. Angelina and Carol was nowhere in sight.

A maid that just arrived, seeing Evelina's distressed appearence, spoke. "I think I saw a silver haired young lady. Is it her?"

"Huh? Yes! Yes!" Evelina confirmed anxiously. She truly appeared like a worried elder sister. "Where is she?"

"Um... I believe she was walking towards the abandoned storage house with a man." The maid pondered. Looking unaware of the full situation.

"What!?" Evelina looked horrified.

"You..." Lady Alexandria furrowed her brows.

"Oh dear heavens..." One amongst the noble children exclaimed.

"Could it be...?" Others began to whisper in shock. Most were stunned and scared, while some couldn't wait to mock.

"I always knew she was shameless!"

"Hmph! She seemed so elegant and dignified on the outside and yet..."

"What a shame..."

"I knew she was a shameless b*tch!" Lady Sonia whispered to her friends.

"Pfft! What a disgrace! The Skyler family must be so embarrassed to have her as a daughter!"

"How dare she trick us with her pretty face! It was all a lie!"

As more complaints and mocks escaped the mouths of some, Evelina laughed in her heart. She was reveling in the humiliation Angelina was about to receive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

846 52 23
Lilith had no recollection of her life. She lost everything aside from her name. Saved from certain death, she found herself a home in the residence...
24.3K 1.8K 29
"Let's go for a party." They said. "It'll be fun." They said. Well my best friends were so wrong. So very very wrong... My world literally turned u...
23.4K 674 89
Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned upside down by a crazy Duke who happens t...
1.4K 151 17
"You are mine, little mate." A whimper slipped from my lips when Xander's mouth claimed the most sensitive part of my neck, his breath scorching my s...