To Grandma's House

By julyndav

Xael Thunder Wolf has had enough of living in the city. She yearns for the quiet life she remembers when livi... More

Procrastination = Walking*
quick note
The Road at Night*
First Day at Home*
The New Cook*
Mom, We Killed Dinner!*
Home Cooked Meal*
The Run*
Details Details Details*
Prepping the Lodge*
Pow Wow ~ Arrival*
Powwow ~ Time for Dancing*
Powwow ~ Triggered*
That was a Bad One*
Sweat Lodge Begins*
The Truth About Xael*
Combat, Loss & Pain*
Back from the Lodge*
Adam & Xael*
The Nightmare Continues*
New Day ~ New Start*
Visiting the Ex-Boss*
My Brothers in Arms*
The Birds, The Bees & Omegas #1*
The Birds & The Bees & Omegas #2*
Things are Getting Serious*
Tuesday - Thursday*
Friday #1*
Friday #2*
Out for a Run*
The Alpha's Approval*
Medic!*
We Need to Talk...*
Weaklings*
Mother of Destruction*
Abdul Omar Khalid*
Time for Lodge*
Mates for Life {m}*
Alpha, Mate, Protector & Lover*
Insatiable Truth*
Awkward Conversation*
My Timid Omega*
I Could Have Lost You*
Future Plans*
Let's go Shopping
Mom & The Guys
Father-in-Law
Mother-in-law
Our New Place??
Serious Alpha vs. Playful Omega
Downtime
Surprises!!
To Grandma's House...
She's so Special
Like a Faerytale
A Time to Relax...
Closure
Just a quick note!
Making Plans
Letting Go of the Past #1
Letting Go of the Past #2
Feeding the Masses
Unbelievable
The Showdown...?
Boring but Needed Errands
Making Plans #2
The Work of Spirit
Getting Settled
Getting Settled #2
Lost in the Woods
A Long Day
Friday - The Visit
Friday - I Told You...
Hard work is done
Growing Up
author's note(#742)
Momma
The BBQ ~ #1
The BBQ #2
Lots to do!
Super Sized ~ *edited
Mr. Clean was Here
Clingy
Ears & Tail
Great Grammy
Now What??
Things Change
Answers #1
Answers #2
Holy Sh!t, Wait, What?
Back at Grandma's House
Changes
WTF!
Rest of the Week
Good Grief
**SNAP!!**
Back with Her Alpha
Staying Distracted
Staying Distracted #2
Little Boys Cry for Wolves
Everyone's Getting Settled
Give Me Your Hand
People Change
Surprise Dad!
Grandparents
Conversations
Everyone knows
Momma's Hurting
Beau
Alpha Time to Bond
Finally Resting
Baby 1-2-3 & W-F
Danetta LeTray Montgomery
Adam is Done
Tender Loving Care
+1
Downtime & Planning
Coming Together
Welcome
Welcome #2 - Learning the Ropes
Swaddled with Tiny Ears
Getting Settled
As Time Passes
Grandma's House

Healing & Understanding

623 50 30
By julyndav

Xael was up before anyone. She always felt better after Adam transferred energy to her while they slept. It helped to calm the Pups and ease her pain and discomfort. She quietly woke up the furry ones to take them out to potty. Standing on the back deck while the little wolves tussled around in the grass, a doe stepped out of the treeline.

"No." Xael only had to tell Tank and Dozer once and they went back to playing around in the chill morning. Puppy energy dissipated, they returned to their momma's side on the deck. Xael went back inside to get ready for the day. Sometime last night her Grams had washed and ironed Adam's uniform for him and it was now hanging on a hook by their bedroom.

Adam woke up to the sound of the shower going and the pups lazily playing on Xael's side of the bed. Sitting up, his Mate was exiting the bathroom, her robe slightly opened. Xael walked up to him and stood between his legs with Adam gently nuzzling  her stomach by opening up the robe.

"Morning Great Alpha."

"Morning, Great Luna. How did you sleep."

"Mmmn, Good." Xael was now embracing her Mate as they held each other, Xael gently caressing his long hair. "We should get ready hon."

"Mn. You going to be okay to work the diner today?"

"Yes." Xael lovingly nuzzled his forehead with her nose. "You working on me during the night really helps."

"Hey about last night, I'm going to try and get a hold of Beau."

"Good. I'm really worried about him Adam. Vivi is not healthy to be around."

"I don't doubt it. I'm going to see if he'll come back to town."

"Okay, I hope he does."

"We'll talk more tonight when we get home."

"Sounds good hon, I'm going to get dressed and put on some coffee. Your uniform's been washed and is in the bathroom."

"Thanks babe."

Coffee pot going, Xael gave the pups a little bit of meat left over for them from last night. Her Grams was the next one to wake up.

"How are you feeling Pup?"

"Better. That heating pad really helped, I'll pick one up in town today after work."

"If the diner gets to be too much, just let me know dear."

"No Grams, you've already put your time in there. I'm going to hire another waitress and see if Ester or Vicki will run the register when needed."

"Well I'm here if you need me."

"Thanks Gra-" This cramp brought Xael to her knees. Her hand Grasping onto the edge of the countertop to keep from falling to the floor completely, she tried to breathe through the pain as it shot through her lower back. Adam was there in seconds out of nowhere, scooping her off the floor before Grams even had a chance to reach her.

"That's it! You're staying here for the day." His booming voice caused the little ones to run for the safety of Grandma.

"Adam..." Xael was getting ready to argue but all he had to do was snarl at her, something he rarely did but he was serious.

"You are having cramps too often Xael. The pups are trying to tell you to rest."

"He's right dear. I'll call Ester and Vicki, they can both take care of the register for you."

Adam carried her back to the bedroom, the pups right behind him. With her in the bed, he picked the little ones up and placed them beside her. They were too little to jump up there themselves. Adam leaned down and brought their foreheads together.

"You just rest for the day babe."

"Fine. Make sure to call Beau."

"I will. Sleep."

Adam used his Alpha voice on her to force her to rest and she was out in seconds. Kissing her on the forehead, he gave the pups some ear scratches and headed back to the kitchen. Taking a seat, he messaged James that Xael needed to stay home for the day.

James: Got everything under control, tell her to just rest!
Adam: Thanks man!

Taking a seat at the table, Grams looked worriedly at Adam for an update on Xael's condition. "She should sleep for most of the day now. I'll leave the tshirt I slept in for her, that will help her too."

"I see, you use your voice on her?"

"It's the only way to get her to rest Grams."

"What's going on you two early birds?" Skylar entered the kitchen and made a beeline for the coffee pot. He had his pj's on with a ratty old robe over that and his slippers. His hair on the other hand was brushed and left down, something he did more often now that he wasn't sheriff anymore.

"Xael's staying here today. She's still having bad cramps."

"Is that natural Em?"

"The Pups are trying to force her to rest, I notice when she starts to do too much, she cramps." Adam finished up his coffee.

"Yes, it's natural Wes, especially with her having twins and being a hybrid, they're going to need to grow fast to get here in three months. She may be on bed rest for all of it."

"I think you might be right Grams. I'll see how she's doing after work today. Me and her will talk about it later tonight."

"Good."

Adam washed up his coffee mug and got ready for work. He asked Grams to call him if they needed anything. Strapping on his holster and finding his hat and jacket, he gently closed the front door after exiting. It was still early in the morning as he made it down the windy Pass. Come winter there was no way he'd be able to drive it without chains on the tires.   Just one more thing that needed to be done.

Pulling into town, Adam could see James was already at the diner. Parking in front of the station, Adam walked over to see how things were going for him.

"Morning James."

"Hey Adam. How's Xael?"

"Sleeping. Her cramps were pretty bad this morning."

"My sis was like that when she had twins. Two big 'ol boys. Don't worry, you tell her to take all the time she needs. I got this."

"Thanks man. I'm glad you guys are here. She's wanting to hire another waitress to help out."

"Okay, I'll put a sign up in the window."

"Thanks. So how are things going for you?"

"Real good! Got the rig all set for winter, my side business is pulling in a good amount of coin so I will be just fine."

"Nice. Well you got family here now so anything you need, just say so."

"Thanks man. You guys head on over in a bit. I'll have something for you to eat."

"Count on it."

James came from behind the counter for a quick bro hug, then Adam walked over to the station to get things opened up. He saw where Max and Parker had picked up a bit and that brought a smile to his face. Getting the coffee pot going, his phone rang. Adam was quick to answer it and saw that it was Beau.

"Beau? How you doing?"

"You got time to talk?"

"Always."

"We're done Adam. She lost the baby."

"Vivi called Xael last night Beau. She told her that and to never contact her again."

"Xael should count her blessings. Vivi stays drugged up along with some asshole and her sister. I think that's who's kid it was."

"So what about you man, I'm more concerned about how you're doing?"

"Vivi doesn't know this but I terminated the lease on the apartment and moved my stuff out. She's at her sis's house and supposed to get home in a couple of hours."

"Why Viv even bother doing the whole Mate thing Beau?"

"Money, plain and simple. We met up a few weeks before the powwow, I thought we really had something but it was all an act."

"I'm sorry dude. I know me and her are related but we're kinda cousins in name only and distance ones at that. I never knew she even had a drug problem."

"Makes two of us. We'll I'm done here. Still needing an extra Deputy?"

"Now more than ever since Xael is having issues with the Pups already."

"Wow, she gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, it just happens when she does too much. You need help getting back up here from the city?"

"No. I still got my place out there. Something told me not to get rid of it. The job here is a joke so leaving it will be a piece of cake. I don't have much and I already got it loaded up. Bank account wasn't shared so Vivienne has no access to any of my money. I just wanted to call to let you know I'm coming back."

"What about your actual Mate?"

"That's another thing I want to talk to you about but not over the phone."

"You two didn't reject each other did you?!"

"No. I just need time to wrap my head around things."

"Understandable. We'll be out at Grams this evening, she'd love to see you. They're both worried about ya bro."

"Good to know. I'll be there once I drop stuff off and clean up."

"Sounds good, see you soon. Hey you can just head out to Grandma's house. They're keeping an eye on Xael."

"Okay."

Leaning back in his chair, Adam folded his hands behind his head, glad Beau was finally out of that mess. Enjoying the quietness, Max and Parker came bursting into the station.

"Oooooo Coffee." Parker had a one track mind.

"How's Xael doing?" Adam just gave Max a look, wondering how he knew something was wrong with her. "James told me when I asked where she was at."

"She'll be fine, just needs to rest for a day or two. James got food ready?"

"Yup."

The Alphas all headed across the street. It was still fairly early out so most of the town wasn't even up yet. Walking into the diner, it was smelling pretty good. Vicki and Ester, along with Houser were already there, the latter bringing Houser a cup of coffee. The young Deputies joined him in the booth he was sitting in.

"Adam how's Xael?"

"Resting for the day."

"Good, Good."

"You two are gonna have your hands full, two and four legged pups all at the same time!"

"I know Ms. Vicki."

"Well sign me up for babysitting duties!"

"Me too!" Ms. Ester was waving from behind the register

"Thank you ladies, Xael will be happy to hear that."

With the Alphas left alone again, Adam filled Max and Parker in on Beau. They were both happy to have him come back also.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 9K 71
(y/n) was a prodigy. She was destined for great things after being raised by the 4th hokage himself, but who would've guessed how shitty her life wou...
703K 15.9K 60
||completed|| "They were meant to be." Max Verstappen x OC x Lewis Hamilton
1.7M 51.9K 51
When Orla gets into the Private Lupus University, she meets people who may not be people at all. As she learns to navigate a new world of supernatura...
3.3M 122K 68
🥇 Highest Rankings: #1 Action #1 Chicklit #1 Mystery #1 Teen Fiction #1 Thriller 2018 Watty's Long List 🥀 Trigger Warning/Sexual Assault ⚠️Mature...