EMBERS • HAECHAN (Not Finishe...

By Neo_Chieri

•"I know there is a compliment somewhere deep inside of you and I'll take it." •"You piece of shit." •"Ah, th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Thank Youuu🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️💚💚💚
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
To my precious readers♡
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116

Chapter 107

2.1K 103 77
By Neo_Chieri

Missed you guys>~<

Silently, I pulled my dark grey hat deeper into my face, eyes barely able to see from underneath. Although I was already prepared for what was coming today, my heart still started beating faster the longer we made our way through the crowd.

I could see from the corner of my eye that the blonde member to my left was touching his head, probably for the seventh time making sure that his earpieces were in place. I shifted my gaze towards Jisung and immediately noticed the worried look written across his face and I inhaled deeply before nudging his shoulder.

"Quit touching it", I mumbled quietly while we were walking down the street. "You're making it too obvious."

In the blink of an eye, his hands dropped down to his sides and he gulped nervously as if he had been caught in the act. His palms rubbed against his own hips as well as he wiped off the sweat that had formed since the second we had left the car.

"I can't believe I'm the one who got sent on a mission and of all people with you."

My jaw automatically dropped and I looked at him in bewilderment.
"The fuck is that supposed to mean? It was our plan anyways so suck it up, buttercup."

The other only scrunched his nose and scratched the back of his head while looking at me with a sorry expression. "I didn't mean it like that... I just think I'm not the right one for this mission."

I automatically relaxed again after hearing his worries, only now realizing again that he was younger than me. NCT member or not, being scared or feeling uneasy was nothing unusual, especially when you were the youngest of the group. After seeing him fight, I guess I just forgot that he was a normal student too.

"Don't worry", I tried to cheer him up while looking at him reassuring. "You got this."

Knowing it was not enough to help him, I wanted to say more, but bumped into one of the citizen walking down the opposite way. Why were there so many people?

I knew it would be more crowded due to the fact it was Saturday, but still. There were more people out here than expected and the concern of one of them getting hurt only grew with every second. It wasn't surprising that SVT chose this time of the day to look around the area, well aware they wouldn't be spotted that easily.

It made things harder for us, but we had no other choice but to act now. Waiting any longer could cause a catastrophe and we had to prevent it at all costs.

I quickly glanced back at Jisung while he now chewed on his lower lip.
"You're really that nervous, aren't you?"

He nodded his head and sighed quietly.
"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's only normal."

It was honestly sad to see him like that. Normally, I either saw him with his confident and intimidating image or his really cheerful and energetic self. Whenever he and Chenle were together, you could definitely tell he felt the most comfortable and wasn't afraid of letting all his energy out.

He tried to get his tense body to loosen up, but it was quite obvious it wasn't working too well. "You know, I haven't done it with anyone outside of NC-"

"You're doing a mission, not having sex", someone spat through the earpiece and I automatically poked my tongue against the inside of my cheek. "Get a grip on yourself!"

I inhaled deeply as I looked up to the roofs of the tall city buildings, trying to find Donghyuck who was currently observing the situation from above with a few other NCT members. Lucky for him, I couldn't get a glimpse the stident and instead continued to walk alongside the youngest, definitely annoyed by the older's words.

"Shut the fuck up!" I yelled nonetheless and narrowed my eyes at nothing. "If you're so confident, why don't you come down here and do it yourself, you little shit!"

A few people passing by us frowned when they heard me hissing out of nowhere, causing me to smile at them apologetically.
I didn't care too much though. I wouldn't meet them again anyways.

"Stop swearing at me, will you?" I heard the brinette once again, rolling my eyes at his offended tone.

"In your dreams, bitch."

Someone else started chuckling and telling by the unique sound, it was Johnny who I had already met several times at the headquarters while planning today. He often hung around Hyuck and Mark and it was honestly surprising how close they seemed, like brothers almost.

"Is she really your girlfriend?" The older chuckled again.

I smiled slightly, eyes still focused as we got closer to our destination. "Occasionally."

Jisung laughed a little as he heard us argue with each other, somehow calming down as if he forgot the mission for a short moment. At least that was able to slightly brighten his mood even though it was going to change again soon.

After several turns through the many alleys, we finally reached the destined café, that was close to the city centre. One week of additional observations and a couple of DRGNS had found out what places each SVT member always had to go to.
I was glad that it wasn't Wonwoo, who we had to approach, since of all members I probably hated him the most. I wondered how he was doing though since the last time I had seen him was when I shot him.

Well... I mean I hope he bled to death, but I didn't get my hopes up.

"Let's take a seat over there", I nodded my head in the direction of a table that stood close to the café, but wasn't too much in the front to notice it. The younger only agreed before we both walked over and took a seat behind all the other tables.

Gladly, there were already other families or couples sitting on those, happily minding their own business while enjoying the beauties of life. They had no idea how lucky they were and if I was honest, I was jealous of their unbothered and relaxed attitude. How I wished of living a life like theirs.

Judging by the spaced-out look on Jisungs face he seemed to have the same thoughts, his eyes particularly locking onto a group of friends that sat around their ice creams, laughing and chatting energetically. My mood was gradually getting worse as well as I studied his expression a bit longer, only having one question on mind.

"How come you're gang member?" I asked while leaning my head against the palm of my hand. "Don't get me wrong, but you don't really pass off the typical gang vibes, you know?"

As always, he seemed a bit uneasy, gritting his teeth while trying to so smile despite the slightly awkward atmosphere.

"I don't know... it just happened."

Jisung wasn't the best at lying, definitely not, and the way he started playing with the ripped holes in his back jeans only made it more clear. "It's okay, Jisung. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, it's fine. It's just..."
His voice got quieter while he fumbled with the hem of his clothes, thinking about whether or not he should tell me.
Brooming, I bit my lip before I swiftly decided to reach for my earpiece in my right and switch it off without thinking too long. For a short moment, Jisung's eyes widened in realization and he hesitated a few seconds before turning it off as well.

"So?"

"So..." he started mumbling, still not ready to look me in the eyes and instead keeping his gaze low. "I was grocery shopping with my grandma when a few of their members suddenly started robbing us. You probably know... elders tend to have more money with them so they threatened us to give them all we had."

Silently listening to him, noticing how gloomy his eyes had gotten whole his attention was on nothing in particular and his fingers on the hem of his shirt.

"They punched me to the ground and held me there, all while they were hurting my grandma and taking her money."

The younger bit his lip sorrowful as he recalled the memories of that day, his eyes keep wandering restlessly as if they were trying to avoid the agony.

"They hurt her", he licked his lips before pressing them into a thin line. "They hurt her and I couldn't help or defend her. I didn't even remember their faces because everything was going so fast, but later on, Ifound out that the names I heard back then belonged to some of SVT. I was weak and hesitant back then and compared to the others... maybe I still am-"

"Don't even say that!" I interrupted him without blinking once, not able to process that the blonde student thought of himself that way. Of course, I understood where the idea came from and why he felt the way he did, but none of it was true.
Being in a situation where you can't help, but desperately want to, causes you to think less of yourself than you were. It was sad that this one event had changed his life and his mindset.

"It's not your fault they came for both of you and it's definitely not your fault that they got away with it."

I really wanted him to understand, but I also knew that it wasn't my job to have this type of conversation with him. It was rather Taeyong's or Mark's responsibility to cheer him up and make him realize he wasn't chosen to be an NCT member for no reason.

"I saw you at the party", I at least wanted to get my thoughts out of my head.
"Even though the guys were bigger, you started fighting as soon as the other needed you. You are not weak, Ji. In my eyes, you are one of the strongest I know because you are willing to risk your life for the people you want to protect."

Even though he was a year younger than me and was maybe not as experienced, I still meant every word. Jisung was only in his second last year, he wasn't supposed to fight against a notorious gang.

None of us were, but we had to stick together no matter what would come our way. Despite the blonde getting wobbly feet and sweaty hands, he was anything but weak. Maybe clumsy and sometimes a bit caress, but not weak.

"Yeah... thanks", he smiled despite the tenseness of his body. "I guess it's just worrying sometimes."

I nodded at him understanding, never stopping to smile at him generously.
He deserved the world, he really did.

Before letting any more time pass, I quickly reached for the earpiece and switched it on again, finally able to hear the mumbles of the others. The younger did the same, now shifting his gaze back to his surroundings.

"We're back ", I informed the others while leaning towards Jisung so that it didn't look like I was talking to myself.

"Good", it immediately came from Hyuck with a serious tone in his voice.
"Because he's coming your way."

Hello Cherries:3💕🍒hehe

So.... me is sorry for updating so late
I just want my chapters to be perfect and I guess now that it's slowly coming to an and I'm even more focused on that 😅
Also college is kinda stressful so that's that lmao

Next chapter👇🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

593K 20.5K 72
{ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ} 'ɴᴄᴛ ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ' ʙᴏᴏᴋ 2 • ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ᴀᴜ* ... "Excuse me, did you just steal my wallet?" The boy growled as he stepped closer at the smirking...
259K 16.5K 33
[Instagram AU] Donghyuck can't hear anymore. He's deaf, but that doesn't stop him from liking the famous rapper, Mark Lee. You might be laughing. "He...
342K 15K 33
"i can literally suck all your blood and kill you right here right now." "do it pussy. no balls." a/n: i kinda hate this story too !SOME MATURE CONTE...
78.8K 2.3K 51
secrets spread around like wild fire. who's the liar? na jaemin fanfiction mafia/gang au