One of a Kind {Regulus Black...

By turkishdelight228

'We were the perfect love story between the sun and moon...until the world got in the way. And when the world... More

From the Beginning
Long Trip
Almost at Hogwarts
Sorting
New Adventure
First Day (pt. 1)
First Day (pt. 2)
After the fight
The plan
Regulus Arcturus Black
Hagrid's hut
Secrets
Practice
Astronomy Tower
Galton Scamander
Fancy
Better than the Marauders
Idea
Quidditch
Eternity
Ace of Cups
Courtyard
Marauder's Map (part 1)
Marauder's Map (part 2)
Marauder's Map (part 3)
Hogsmeade (part 1): Alone
Cliffside Paradise
Midnight Ball
‼A/N‼
Clair de Lune
A/N: Timothée Chalamet 🧎‍♀️😫
Dear Sirius
Mushroom Path
A/N
Pre-game Drama
Slytherin vs. Gryffindor
Holiday Plans
First Snow Day
Potter's
No-maj Town
A Black by Blood
Christmas Party of 1975
You
New Year's Secret
Back to Hogwarts
Hogsmeade (Again)
Everybody
Moony
Yellow Rose

Hogsmeade (part 2): Paisley

3.3K 132 175
By turkishdelight228

Remus's pov

"Are they really going to go?" Peter asked worryingly. The Marauders and I were just leaving Zonko's Joke Shop, and were heading off to The Three Broomsticks.

"Of course not." Sirius laughed, "Once they take a glance of the shack, they'll run away."

"No way, Dorcas and (y/n) are brave and stubborn. They're going to go inside, see everything, and will want to learn more. Next thing you know, everybody knows that I'm a monster." I spat, kicking a rock on the ground.

"Moony," Sirius said as I leaned down to face him, "you're not a monster." I opened my mouth to say something but Padfoot cut me off before I could. "You're only a monster on full moons, and even then you're not a monster. You should see yourself when you're with us. You don't want to harm anyone like how real monsters do. You're a marauder. You're bloody fucking Remus Lupin. You're brilliant, Moony." Sirius had a small sparkle in his eyes as he said all those things.

"Okay." I simply responded because I knew if I tried to disagree, Sirius would punch me in the guts.

"Good." Sirius said firmly, and continued to walk.

"I agree with Remus one thing. (Y/n) and Dorcas are stubborn, and they will go inside of the Shrieking Shack." James confirmed.

"Then we'll have to find a way to scare them away." Padfoot rubbed his hands together mischievously and we all looked at each other with a smirk on each of our faces.

~~~

(Y/N)'s pov

The antique shop wasn't cluttered, but it wasn't exactly neat. There were jewelry and teacups, as well as tea pots. There were also some no-maj instruments and no-maj clothing. There was a glass display and it held rare chocolate frog cards. In the back there was old, used, broomsticks that used to soar the sky. There was a few bookshelves that contained both wizard and no-maj books. Paintings were hanged on the walls, and so were old posters.

I looked closely at the teacups that were displayed. They were similar to the ones in the cottage and that made me smile. I traced the teacups with my finger as gentle as possible.

"What do you think you're doing?!" A lady snapped behind me. I turned around to see a scrawny, possibly 50 year old lady with piercing green eyes. She was a brunette and her hair was styled into a braid that circled her head like a crown.

"Uh...sorry." I mumbled, moving my hand away from the teacups.

"Don't you have any consideration for your surroundings? You woke up Darcy!"

"Who's Darcy?" Was the only thing I cared to say. Just then, a spotted  cat-like creature appeared. It was a familiar creature that I've seen in books hundreds of times. "Is that a kneazle?"

"Well it's definitely not a Hippogriff, is it?" The lady sassed -which made me laugh a little.

"Kneazles are highly intelligent. They guard their owner's homes. Sometimes they're aggressive, but they're also independent. They know when someone is untrustworthy." I said, remembering what all of the books that I've read stated. The cat-like creature slowly stepped closer to me. "I've never met one before. They're beautiful." The kneazle looked up at their owner and then back at me. The creature was getting more comfortable. A moment passed until it rubbed against my leg.

"That's Darcy." The lady said after I started to pet Darcy. "Well if Darcy can trust you, so can I." Darcy jumped on an empty shelf and sat down. "The name's Paisley Poppins. What brings you here, love?" Paisley asked and suddenly her piercing eyes became gentle.

"Oh well, Im (y/n) (l/n). I was just walking around I came across your shop. It's lovely."

"Thank you, my wife and I bought this place 20 years ago."

"Wife? Where is she?" I asked curiously. So far, Paisley lived a simple, interesting life.

"Underground." Paisley simply answered.

"Underground? Does she work inside a mine or something?" I laughed at my own joke.

"No, she's dead. Buried somewhere underground." She corrected casually.

"Oh-" I stopped laughing. "Sorry...for your loss." Paisley did nothing but crack up.

"My goodness, darling." She laughed, "It's alright." Paisley continued to laugh but finally cooled down after a minute. "If Viv saw the look on your face she would've laughed too." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Viv is the name of your wife?"

"Vivian fully, but she never had a fond of it. We lived here for awhile but when she passed, I opened the antique shop to sell our old items." Paisley responded and started to walk away, "Well do you want some tea or not?"

"Oh, I don't like tea." I said, shaking my head.

"You'll like my tea, it's the best." Paisley smirked and continued to walk.

"Alright." I nodded and went to follow Paisley. We went inside a small room that was much more clean than the rest of the building. In the room, there sat a small coffee table with a teacup set, and on the center of the table, there was a vase with orange ranunculus flowers.

"Take a sit, love." Paisley said and with a swift of her wand an arm chair moved across another. Paisley sat down in one and I sat in the other. Paisley waved her wand and a teacup with flowed into my hands. Following my teacup was a tea pot that poured warm tea inside my cup. Paisley served herself some tea and took a sip. "So, where are you from?"

"America." I answered, taking a sip of my tea. Paisley was right, her tea was savory and sweet. It truly was the best.

"Well I know that." She said in response, "Tell me more."

"California, I'm from California. I was a student at Ilvermorny, but then I transferred here."

"Mmm..." She slowly nodded her head, "What house?"

"At Ilvermorny I was a Thunderbird, now I'm a Gryffindor."

"Gryffindor. Viv was a Gryffindor. She was...wild." Paisley laughed in admiration.

"What house were you in?" I asked taking a sip of tea.

"Slytherin." Paisley smiled, "Ohh the good times." I took another sip of tea as Paisley looked back into her past. "Sugar is key, darling."

"What?"

"Sugar. In the tea." Paisley lifted her teacup.

"Oh, I'll keep that in mind." I smiled sweetly and took another sip. "When did you go to Hogwarts?" I curiously asked.

"1938."

"That means you were at Hogwarts when Myrtle passed."

"That year..." Paisley shook her head sadly, "she was a good friend of mine." Paisley sighed and set her almost empty teacup on the coffee table. "Have you met her? I heard she hangs around Hogwarts."

"Myrtle? I've heard about her but I've never met her."

"Befriend her, and tell her I say hello when you do." Paisley smiled.

"Okay, of course." I smiled back, placing my empty teacup on the coffee table. "Who else do you remember?"

"A few people, but there was a peculiar Slytherin I remember. Forgot his name though. Ohh he was handsome, not the nicest but highly intelligent."

"Interesting." I nodded, "Is it alright if I take a look around your shop? You have many no-maj things."

"This is a shop for a reason, love. You're supposed to look around in it." We both stood up from our arm chairs and began to look around.

"Do people come here often?" I asked, Paisley had many things, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if she said 'no'.

"Only a few, but they don't buy anything." Paisley informed and then looked at her pocket watch. "You look around, I have to feed Darcy." Paisley left me and walked to her pet Kneazle who was waiting for her.

I wandered around the store, looking at all of the abnormal things Paisley was selling. Everything was interesting, but I didn't grab anything.  I approached another glass display and looked inside. My eyes lit up when I saw what was inside. A masquerade mask. The mask was elegant and so original. It was silver, one half was like an ordinary masquerade mask while the other side was like a wing of a butterfly. There were no other colors -besides the silver- except for exquisite black swirls and details along the mask.

"Like it?" A voice asked suddenly. I flinched, Paisley came out of nowhere and stood beside me.

"Yes, it's gorgeous." I said, looking at the mask.

"Would you like to try it on?" Paisley asked. I had a feeling that she knew it was perfect for me. Like Belle and my dress.

"Of course." I smiled and Paisley delicately opened the glass display and took out the butterfly masquerade mask. Paisley handed me the mask and I held it in my hands, almost afraid to put it on.

"Go on, darling. Put it on." Paisley encouraged, so I placed the mask on face, tied the ribbon on the back of head so the mask would fit perfectly. Paisley told me to close my eyes and  I did so. She led me to a mirror. When I opened my eyes, I saw my reflection with the most beautiful mask on my face.

"I love it." I said with a small laugh.

"It's yours." Paisley smiled and I looked at her reflection.

"How much?"

"No pay, darling. It's been a long time since I met someone like you." Paisley nodded her head but I refused to give her no pay.

"Take it." I said firmly, placing 14 sickles in her hand. "I will not take no for an answer."

"Thank you, love." She stared at the sickles and her eyes got watery. "Viv would've loved you." Paisley sighed and placed the sickles in her pocket.

"I should go, there are some places I want to visit before I have to head back to Hogwarts." I said as Paisley gave me a bag with my mask protected inside.

"That's alright. As long as you visit Darcy and I when you come back to Hogsmeade."

"Of course." I smiled, "See you soon, Paisley."

"See you soon, (y/n)."

"Goodbye, Darcy." I slightly waved at the lovely lady and her lovely kneazle. I casted 'Incendio' again and then I exited the wonderful antique shop with a bag in my hand.

Sirius's pov

"Shhh! Did you guys hear something?" I questioned. We were inside of the shack, waiting for our targets to arrive so we can scare them away.

"It was just Wormtail, relax!" Remus whispered and continued to go over the scare. Peter was a rat but went back into his human form.

"Well? Are they here or not?" James asked Peter, tapping his foot rapidly.

"It's just (y/n). She's on her way." Wormtail informed and sat beside Remus.

"She's close, I can smell her." Moony sniffed some more then looked at James and I. "Get in your positions. She's already inside." James and I looked at each other then went under James's cloak -the invisibility cloak that we snuck back into the castle to grab. Prongs was in front of me and I was behind him.

We walked down the stairs with our wands in our hands. At the bottom floor, we saw (y/n) noticing at the damaged walls and dirty windows.

"OoOoOoOoOo!" James used 'Sonorus' to make his voice sound larger and louder to scare (y/n). The face of fear that (y/n) made was absolutely hilarious. I tried my very best not to laugh.

"AaAaAaAaHhHhH!" I yelled, using the same spell as James. But the strange noises we made didn't scare (y/n). It intrigued her.

"Hello?" She asked, pointing her wand out. Since there was no response,
(y/n) shrugged and continued to examine the Shrieking Shack.

"Plan B." Prongs whispered to me and I nodded my head in agreement.

With full concentration, I casted 'Bombarda', hitting the pillow target and making it explode. Dust and feathers flew around everywhere. But it still didn't stop (y/n). She kept on walking, so James and I followed her.

A few minutes later, (y/n) stopped walking and stared out of a window. James and I looked at each other and shrugged, we were both confused about what was going on. We stood behind (y/n) and James was a little too close. (Y/n) turned around and swung her fist, punching James in the face. Prongs fell to the ground, pulling the cloak down with him. (Y/n) noticed that there were two people behind her.

"Sirius?" (Y/n) questioned. She then looked down at James and saw his slightly swollen face. "James!"

"Bloody hell, (y/n). What was that for?" James managed to ask, wincing a bit.

"I knew I wasn't alone! Sorry if I'm just trying to protect myself!" (Y/n) kneeled down, facing James. "Are you alright?" She asked but before James could answer, Remus and Peter came running down the stairs.

"What happened?" Remus said as he went to help James.

"Of course you two are here. Whenever Sirius Black and James Potter are around, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew are around too. Can anyone explain what is going on?"
(Y/n) stood up, demanding for an answer.

"Uh...Remus told us that you and Dorcas were coming here so we decided to scare you as a prank." I answered, as Remus gave James some chocolate.

"Really? A prank?" (Y/n) unbelievably laughed and then sighed. "James, I am so sorry for punching you in the face."

"It's alright." Prongs shrugged, standing up with a piece of half-eaten chocolate in his hand.

"Can I make it up to you with some sweets from Honeydukes?" She asked hopefully.

"Aren't you supposed to go with the Viragos?" Peter asked, who stood beside Remus.

"They're a bit preoccupied right now." (Y/n) answered with a disappointed shrug.

"Let's go, (y/n). The Marauders and I could show you around Zonko's too." James suggested and (y/n) joyfully nodded her head.

"We can get more butterbeer too!" I exclaimed, attempting to lean on Moony's shoulder.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!" (Y/n) clapped her hands and went to exit the shack.

"Wait for us!" I yelled as the Marauders and I went to follow (y/n).

A/N: I hope you love Paisley (and Darcy) as much as I do. I love the magical creatures in the Harry Potter universe and I can't choose one to be a favorite but Kneazles are somewhere in the top ten.

I'm excited for the actual Midnight Ball :)) and don't worry, Regulus will be in the next chapter.

I love antique shops and antique teacups so I had to include that in this chapter.

Your Midnight Ball outfit is practically complete! I hope you get the sort of visual of the mask, it was hard to describe. If not, you can search up "masquerade masks" on pinterest and if you scroll a bit, you'll find it or one similar to it.

Thank you for reading, I love each and every one of you! Stay safe! <3

Also, please comment if you can. When you comment, it gives me a boost of motivation and happiness :)).

MWAH!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.7K 1.6K 24
So I recently started to read soulmate era stories and that lead to poly stories somehow. I really like them and apparently lots of other people do t...
700 41 19
"You're just a spineless, big-headed, moron Potter. Why on earth would I go out with a fleabag like you?" "It's just, James Potter!" says Sirius, lea...
19K 734 38
She was tired, she was so bloody tired of it all. From the constant nagging and picking and pulling to the waking up at 6 am everyday to do that stup...
7.6K 240 14
𝐍𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐡𝐚𝐝 expected their relationship to bloom the way it had. They had very little in common, never paid mu...