Better than the Marauders

Dorcas's pov

"Wake up! Rise and shine everyone!" I yelled as I aggressively open the curtains. Everyone groaned. Opening the curtains didn't do much since the sun wasn't even up.

"It's 5 in the morning. Go away." (Y/n) said as she pulled her blanket over her face.

"No." I said sweetly and yanked her blanket off. "You woke me up yesterday and I want to do the same."

"I didn't wake you up at 5 in the morning!" She protested.

"Too bad so sad!" I yelled and grabbed my pillow and started to hit (y/n) with it.

"Hey!" She yelled back and started hitting me with her pillow.

"Nobody is having a pillow fight without me!" Marlene exclaimed and grabbed her pillow and joined us.

"PILLOW FIGHT!" Lily screamed and joined us as well.

"YESSS!!!" Mary called out and grabbed two pillows, using one as a weapon and one as a shield.

There were squeals and a couple of "You did not!" while we were fighting. It was so fun until Alice Fortescue barged in on us.

"WHY ARE YOU GUYS SCREAMING AT 5 A.M.?!" We all stopped like someone put us on pause.

"It was her." They all blurted and pointed at me.

"Rude!" I pretended to be offended.

"Can you guys quiet down, please? You're being as loud as the Marauders." Alice sighed and left our dorm.

"Wow...we're as loud as the Marauders." (Y/n) smirked and sat down on the floor. We all joined her and sat in a circle.

"Oh my Godric Gryffindor!" Mary suddenly shouted and sprang up.

"What?" We all asked.

"We need a name!"

"A name?" Lily questioned.

"A group name! Like the Marauders. Something that people can call us by."

"Oooo I like that idea." I smiled.

"How about 'Better than the Marauders'." Marlene suggested.

"I like that one." (Y/n) dramatically nodded her head.

"Me too." Lily agreed.

"We already know that we're better, but we need something original."

"Wait! Let me grab my dictionary!"
(Y/n) got up and scurried over to her book bag and pulled out a large and dusty book. She started to skim through the pages and the rest of us just watched.

A few minutes later (y/n) slammed the book closed causing a bunch dust to fly out.

"I couldn't find anything." She sighed.

"Really?" Mary asked.

"There was one word...but the meaning...well...it's a beautiful word but..."

"But?"

(Y/n) cleared her throat and opened the book again. "Virago." She read, "A woman who is strong, courageous, and brave; a heroic, warlike woman."

"What's wrong with that word? It literally describes us Gryffindor girls." I said.

"I know! But now, people use the word as a noisy, scolding, or overbearing woman. It's stupid."

"Who cares? If people find us noisy or overbearing, then let them. But we know that we're warriors. I say we call ourselves The Viragos. Everyone who agrees, say 'I'." Mary expressed.

"I." Lily, Marlene, and I said.

(Y/n) smiled and said, "I."

Mary reached her hand out in the middle of us.

"This is for us. Who cares if people think we're bitches? We are strong, independent, warlike women and we're going to rule this school." She declared, "Are you Viragos in or not?"

"I'm in." I beamed and placed my hand on top of Mary's.

"Me too." Marlene placed her hand on mine.

"Of course!" Lily smiled and placed her hand on Marlene's.

"No." (Y/n) said firmly.

"What?" We all murmured.

"We're not going to rule this school." She looked down and paused for a moment. After her short pause she looked up with a smile on her face. "We're going to the world." She placed her hand on Lily's and we all beamed.

"To The Viragos on 3." Mary nodded.

"1." Marlene counted.

"2." I continued.

"3." Lily concluded.

"To the Viragos!!!" We all yelled with the biggest smiles on our faces.

"Girls!" Alice barged into our dorm again. Our faces dropped and our heads turned. "Can you please be quiet? I'm trying to-" Alice sighed, "forget it. Just quiet down." She mumbled and left our dorm.

We slowly looked back at each other. Mary snorted and then we all fell to the floor, laughing until we ran out of breath.

We all calmed after 5 minutes and looked back at each other. From now on, we are The Viragos.

This is the beginning of a new legacy.

A/N: This is a short chapter but I just wanted a moment for the girls. They're literally friendship goals <33.

Thank you for reading this and I love yall :)