Quidditch

James's pov

"It's quidditch tryouts! Up! Up! Up!" I exclaimed as I aggressively shook Padfoot awake.

"Let me be." He groaned. "Why are tryouts even on a Saturday? Can't we have them on Sunday?"

"Up!" I grabbed his arm and yanked him out of bed.

"Bloody hell, Prongs."

"Come on."

We walked down to the common room and we saw McKinnon and (y/n) leave the girl dormitories.

"(Y/n), you play quidditch?" I asked.

"Yep, I was the seeker for my house's team at Ilvermorny."

"And you never told me? I'm offended."

"Whatever, let's go." She playfully rolled her eyes and smiled.

~~~

It was a perfect day for quidditch. Well, any day is perfect for quidditch, but today was the best. It was sunny, but not too sunny, so it wasn't too hot, but it wasn't too cold. There was a slight breeze, the day was fresh. Marlene, (y/n), Padfoot, and I were only a few feet away from the quidditch pitch.

"Perfect day for quidditch." I happily sighed.

"Totally. I always enjoy a fresh breeze while playing." Marlene smiled.

"Hey, (y/n)?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think, uh-, do you think Evans will be here?" I started to mess up my hair.

"Yeah, she'll be here with Mary and Dorcas." She responded.

"They'll get here by the time we finish warm-ups." Marlene mentioned.

"Where's Peter and Remus?"

"They'll be here soon."

"Looks like we're here." Padfoot beamed.

"Welcome to our quidditch pitch,
(y/n)!"

"Wow...it looks cool."

"Come on, we'll take you to the changing room."

~~~

We were now on the field. (Y/n) told me she was nervous, but she was good at hiding it. She seemed confident and she had a smile on her face. She didn't look like she was stressed or anxious. I looked up at the stands, I can see Remus with a book and Peter watching us from his seat. He noticed me looking and waved and I waved back.

"Alright! Listen up!" The quidditch captain, Dahlia Walker, yelled. Everyone's attention went on her. She was in her 6th year, and she was one of the chasers. She had wavy, brown hair with pale blue eyes and she had honey skin. She was pretty, but not as pretty as my Lily flower. Dahlia had a clipboard in her hand and her broom was on the floor. "When I call your last name, tell me what position you're going for. McKinnon!"

"Beater."

"Alright..." she muttered, "Potter, I'm guessing you're going for-"

"Chaser." I said confidently.

"Yup." She called out the rest of the names. There were 4 people going for the beater position, 6 going for chaser, 2 going for keeper, and 1 going for seeker, not including (y/n). "(L/n)!"

"Seeker." She beamed.

"Okay, did I miss anyone?" We all shook our heads in response. "Let's warm-up. Everyone start doing laps around the pitch, I'll take notes."