Eternity

Regulus's pov

"I heard you made the Gryffindor quidditch team." I hummed. (Y/n) and I were in the library a good distance away. We weren't far from each other, but we weren't close.

"You heard correctly." She responded, hiding her face in a book to make it look like we weren't speaking to each other.

"Seeker position, correct?" I scanned the titles of the books on the shelf with my pointer finger.

"Correct." She whispered, "Looks like you've got some competition, Arcturus."

My eyes fixated on her. I couldn't see her face, but from the way she sounded, I can tell she had a smirk on her face. I looked back at the books.

"Did you just call me by my middle name?" I asked.

"You heard me." (Y/n) chimed and I know for a fact she had that smirk on her face. That Gryffindor smirk.

I scoffed. I turned from the shelf and noticed someone walk in the library.

"Evan." I whispered under my breath.

"What?" (Y/n) questioned and slightly lifted her head from the book she used to hide her face. I then faced the shelf again and grabbed a book to "read".

"Don't talk to me. Ignore me. We're not friends right now." I quickly (and quietly) responded. (Y/n) immediately caught on and went back to "reading" her book.

I heard footsteps approach me. "Good afternoon, Regulus." Evan smiled. I looked away from the book and gave him a small smile.

"Good afternoon, Evan." I said, and noticed his eyes focus on (y/n). His smile quickly faded and his face turned to disgust.

"Get out of here, you mudblood." Evan spited (y/n). I felt anger fuel in me a bit. I didn't let it show, obviously, but (y/n) doesn't deserve to be called that. She's a good person with a good heart. In no way, she deserves to be treated the way she's being treated.

(Y/n) slowly looked up from her book with a smirk on her face. "I'm going to act like that offended me then I'll walk away, okay?" She replied sweetly, "Wow, I'm such a disgrace. I don't deserve to be here. It's not like I was the most successful student at Ilvermorny that I got to be the first to transfer to Hogwarts." (Y/n) acted over dramatically and placed her hand over her heart. She dropped her hand and dropped her act. She then gave Evan a sour smile, placed the book she was holding back on the shelf, and then left the library.

I invisibly admired (y/n)'s actions. So brave and bold. Well, she is a Gryffindor.

"Such a bitch." Evan's face was still in disgust. "Did you know her and her friends call themselves 'the Viragos'? The name suits them."

"What do you mean? I thought virago meant a brave, warlike woman?"

"Originally. But now it just means they're bitches. They are, with and without their stupid title." He sneered.  I nodded and continued to "read". "What's with you? You're more quiet than usual."

"Nothing." I shrugged, "We're in a library, we're supposed to be quieter than usual."

"Fair enough." Evan sighed. "I'll see you around, Regulus. I have to make sure I'm prepared for my bloody O.W.L.S."

"Really? Are you aware that we're only in the first month of the school year? I'm sure you have time to prepare yourself."

"Better safe than sorry, mate." Evan paused for a moment, "All right then, bye for now." He smiled and started to walk deeper into the library.