After the fight

James's pov

We followed Kettleburn to Dumbledore's office. I could see Snape and (y/n) giving each other deadly looks, and I can see Pads looking over at (y/n) and Remus. I then looked down at my feet until I heard a familiar voice.

"Professor?" It was Lily. "What's wrong?"

"A few students got into a fight." Kettleburn responded. Lily looked at us and she wasn't surprised to see the Marauders and I. But I can tell she was very disappointed when she saw (y/n). (Y/n) looked away. Lily's emerald eyes focused onto me.

"Bet this is all your fault, Potter. (Y/n) was fine before hanging out with you guys." Lily huffed.

"Lily...it's not his fault, it's mine." (Y/n) sighed.

"No. It was my fault. I punched Snivellous first." Padfoot blamed.

"You did that because I was being rude to Snape before." She looked away from Sirius, and looked at Lily. "James isn't the only bad guy here."

"Miss Evans. Will you please go. We must head inside Professor Dumbledore's office." Kettleburn demanded.

"Yes Professor." She nodded her head and looked at (y/n). "We'll talk about this later." She whispered and walked away.

We walked inside Dumbledore's office noticing that Professor McGonagall and Slughorn was in there too. (y/n) had her head hang down low and I can tell she was disappointed in herself.

"Hello students." Dumbledore said with his old, but calming voice. Nobody said anything. "Professor Kettleburn, thank you, but you may leave." Kettleburn nodded and walked out. "Please tell me. What happened?"

"It's my fault sir." Padfoot stepped forward.

"Thank you, Mr Black, but how do I  know it's your fault when I don't even know what happened?"

Padfoot stepped back.

"It started in Potions, professor." (Y/n) started to speak, "I heard Snape say a few things about me and I overreacted and said a few mean things back. It's not entirely my fault, but a majority of it is."

Dumbledore gave (y/n) a small smile. "Severus? Do you have anything you'd like to say?" Snivellous made a big sigh.

"I did say a few things about (y/n). I called her a few things and her boyfriend got mad-"

"Sirius is not my boyfriend." (Y/n) interrupted.

"As I was saying," Snape continued, "Black got upset and started punching me."

"Then everybody else joined." I said.

"I tried stopping them but I ended up joining them." (Y/n) sighed, ashamed.

"Thank you for being honest. But Miss (l/n)," (y/n) looked up at him, "What did Snape call you?"

"I'm sorry?" She responded.

"What did Snape call you that made Sirius so upset for him to attack?"

"Um..." (y/n) started, "he called me a few swear words and uh...he called me uh...a dirty blood sir."

"As in...?" There was a moment of silence.

"Mudblood. He called me a mudblood." (Y/n) finally said.

"You should know better than bullying someone because of their blood purity, Severus." Slughorn sighed, disappointadly.

"It's fine. I don't really care. Blood purity is stupid. It's not like I told my parents to have sexual reproduction with each other and have a magical child. Some things you can't control and you're gonna have to deal with it. That's what I was going to tell Snape before Sirius punched him."