Idea

(Y/N)'s pov

I was alone in the courtyard around 5 p.m. reading my astrology book. I can't take my eyes off the text, it was so interesting and the illustrations were beautiful. I read it all the time. I'm pretty the Viragos and the Marauders are jealous that I focus on the book so much.

"Is that the book that you got at the library?" Someone asked.

"Where else would I get my books?" I witted, not looking away from the text.

As I was reading, I felt someone peering over me. I turned my head to see who it was.

"Hiya (y/n)!"

"Galton! I didn't it was you."

"Obviously, you can't get your nose out of that book."

"Oh...yeah..." I chuckled. "Sorry, everything in this book is so fascinating."

"Astrology? I don't know much about astrology."

"Yes, well, it's complicated. When's your birthday?"

"May 19."

"Oh! So, you're a taurus."

"A what? Should I be offended?"

"Oh no! Taurus is the best! And it just happens to be compatible with my sign."

"What's your sign?"

"Pisces. My birthday is February 19th."

"I'll have to remember that." Galton noted.

"Anyway, what are you doing here?"

"I was just walking around and then I saw you so I decided to come over and say hi. I would ask 'what are you doing here?' but it's kind of obvious what you're doing here."

"I got nothing else to do so why not read some more?"

"If you got nothing else to do...would you like to accompany me to Hagrid's?" Galton asked with a sweet smile, hoping that I go with him.

"Would you want me to come with you to Hagrid's?"

"Well...you do make everything better."

"Says who?" I crossed my arms and had my book on my lap.

"Says me." He winked.

"Oh." I blushed and gave out a small smile.

"So will you come?"

"Yeah, I'll come."

We walked together. Side-by-side. Like what friends do. Nothing else. Friends.

"What's Ilvermorny like?" Galton suddenly asked.

"It's really fun there and so inclusive. Everyone was friends, and we learned to speak our minds. We also learned magic there, of course."

"Do you miss Ilvermorny? Or do you miss your friends? Or professors?"

"Of course I miss Ilvermorny, and everyone there. But I'll make new memories and friends here."

"I was close to going to Ilvermorny, but I ended up going here. I've always wondered what it was like there."

"I have a feeling you would've been a Pukwudgie."

"That's obvious." He laughed.

"Is there any events here? At Hogwarts? At Ilvermorny we would have something called a Mayflower Ball to celebrate when the Mayflower first landed in America. Of course it wasn't called 'America' back in the 1600s, but it's a tradition to celebrate the beginning of Ilvermorny's power."