Heroes Do Exist (ILYBD Treque...

By Kinaru_Sad_Ninja

She has no memories of the Akatsuki, her home. No memories of her love, her family, or friends. No memories o... More

Happiness
Not the Real
Wordless Cries
Itachi...
Her Ring
Never Accepted
That Did It
Stand Down
Seed of Affection
I Hope This....
Mysterious Man
When Was
Needed to Know
Mah, She's Fine
Pain
Coward
Kill Before She Joins
He Will Report Her
She Promises
I Need You Too
Pretty Gift?
Go to Konoha
No Home for Kyuubi
Take Care of You
Don't Hold Your Breath
Not Ready
Found You
Yuna's Decision
Tragic Love Story
They Can't Have You
Team Seven
Always
The Promise
Not Now. Not Ever!
I'd Hate to....
Torn Away
Her Purpose (End)
Epilogue & Alternate Ending
Next Book & AU Yuna Lives

She Couldn't Remember

914 49 3
By Kinaru_Sad_Ninja

Kinaru: Hey everyone, back again.

Just wanted to put this up, in case some people forgot some of my talking types.

“Talking”

'Thinking'

'Speaking in Animal'

Demon/Biju/Tailed Beast voice talking” (Human can understand this one)

Hope that helps, please enjoy!

Chapter 3

“Ibiki-sama, can we have curry for dinner?”

The man chuckled, looking down at his kitsune. “Sure.”

She grinned up at him, adjusting the four bags of food she was carrying, and one bag of clothes. Ibiki had tried to give her the lightest, taking the heaviest for himself, but it appeared he still might have given her too much.

“You've been neglecting your training?”

Yuna looked up at her guardian, in slight confusion. She couldn't remember doing such a thing, but then there was very little she did remember of what had happened over the years. She frowned, thinking of what she used to practice as a child.

How much had she excelled? How many new techniques had she learned? Obviously her strength had dropped. Though she was sure her stamina had grown. Perhaps that was what she relied on more? Stamina over strength.

“Mah, Kyuubi could have been too busy for weight training.” She grumbled as they left the last store in the market district, turning to head home.

Ibiki rolled his eyes. “I bet you were, running around with all those S-rank criminals.”

The kitsune's eyes went wide as she stared at the interrogator. “Wh-what did you... Just say?” The look of shock was clear on her face.

Before he could make up for his slip of the tongue, the duo were interrupted. A strange, yet familiar, noise reached Yuna's ears. One she knew she wasn't supposed to understand. She turned abruptly toward the direction of who had called her name in the strange tongue.

Her eyes went wide as she suddenly found herself underneath a large mass of white fur.

'Yuna-chan!!!' The beast barked, covering her cheek in a slobbery kiss, as she tried to push it off.

“Get off me! Ibiki-sama!”

The ginormous dog whimpered at the kyuubi's cry, tears forming in her crimson red eyes. 'Yuna?' He nuzzled her cheek in a comforting manner, hoping to get her to smile like she used to when he did this.

“Akamaru! Where the hell did you run off to?” The demon looked past the large dog, to see a brunette approaching. She couldn't place his face but he looked very familiar. His eyes went wide as they spotted her.

“Yuna!?”

The crimson beauty looked so helpless, not knowing what was going on, or who these people were. Ibiki almost felt sorry for her, almost. Though it was more amusing just to watch her try to understand what was going on.

'You smell different..' The dog, she assumed to be Akamaru, barked, sniffing down Yuna's shirt to her stomach.

The brown haired boy furrowed his brow, smelling the air. “You're right, Akamaru. She does smell different.” He reached out a hand, to help the kitsune up, after moving his dog off her. He offered her a gentle smile. “You've changed, Yuna.”

“Wh-who are you?” She whimpered, not taking his hand, as she looked up at him in fear. The large dog whined, leaning against her, as she was slightly sitting up.

'Yuna-chan..'

“Kiba, she's lost her memories. She remembers very little of anything but early childhood.” Ibiki said, stepping in to help the confused trio, as he picked up what Yuna had dropped.

He was thankful for the distraction, as it seemed to be enough for the kyuubi to forget about his mention of the criminals she'd been with the last few years.

The Inuzuka and his dog looked up at the man. “What do you mean, how can she just lose her memories?” Kiba asked.

The older man, sent a sideways glance at Yuna, hoping the boy would realize he couldn't say, but he didn't. He sighed. “Remember, when we found her she was good as dead. Tsunade-sama said it was most likely what had caused the memory loss.”

Yuna winced, a hand flying to her chest, the brunette didn't notice, but the demon's guardian did. She was gripping the spot where they had found Sasuke's katana stabbed through her chest and holding her to the rock.

Kiba winced as well, recalling the horrifying memory. Akamaru whimpered, nudging Yuna's arm in an attempt for her to cling onto him, he didn't want to think of how close they had come to almost losing her.

A dead silence seemed to fall over the group, as Yuna succumbed to Akamaru's efforts, and wrapped her arms around him, finding comfort in the soft fur of his neck. His smell was very familiar to her, but she wasn't sure where from.

“Right..” Kiba brought his gaze to the red nine tailed beast. He crouched down, giving her a gentle smile. “Hey Yuna, you may not remember me or Akamaru, but we're friends.”

She looked up at him slightly hopeful. The dog barked in agreement, making her smile softly. “Friends?”

The two nodded, and Ibiki swore he saw a smile he'd never seen come to the kitsune's face, one that reached her eyes. “Kyuubi has friends!”

Kiba laughed as she pulled him into her arms with Akamaru. 'Yuna..'

The nine tailed beast looked down at her four legged friend. 'Akamaru.' She chirped, nuzzling his cheek like he'd been doing her.

'I missed you.' The canine barked, glad she could remember their personal language.

“So You're taking care of Yuna then?” Kiba asked, looking up at Ibiki, after freeing himself from the kyuubi's tight hold.

The man nodded. “Yep, she's surprised me a lot the last two days.” He chuckled, ruffling the demon's hair.

The Inuzuka smiled, but frowned, turning away from the group, Akamaru did the same, a small growl leaving his lips. “Looks like we gotta go boy. Yuna we'll see you later!” Kiba said, waving to the red head before her ran off in the direction he'd been looking.

Akamaru nuzzled her cheek, before getting up and following his partner. Yuna seemed saddened by her friends departure, but picked herself back up off the ground.

“Let's go home Yuna.”

She nodded, taking her bags back from him. She let him lead the way as she stared down at his back. He thought she'd forgotten. Baka interrogator. How could she forget him saying something like that.

Then there was Kiba and Akamaru. She could remember how the dog had been so small, how he had argued with his owner on whether she was good or bad. She could remember how harsh Kiba used to be, before the chunin exams. After that he was kind and treated her like a real person.

But who were all these others who shared these memories with her? The raven haired boy, who seemed to walk her home. The red head who scared Akamaru when she held him during the exams. The loud blonde who had whisker markings like her. She couldn't remember.

Frowning, she thought of what Ibiki had said earlier that day, about her being with S-rank criminals. Was that why she couldn't remember anything? Were they who had left her close to death? She grimaced, holding her head as she felt like her brain had been punched as punishment for trying to remember.

There was a wall she couldn't get past, a wall she knew she would have to pass in order to remember, but how could she do that? Did she have to find the people who fit the memories of faces she'd seen?

Nodding to herself, Yuna decided she do some of her own investigating after Ibiki went to sleep for the night.

----------

Kinaru: MUAHAHAHAHA THAT'S ALL FOR NOW!!!!

I'm so bad for leaving it there. Well not really, but still. I hope everyone enjoyed! I look forward to what you think of this chapter.

Please vote follow and review!

And for the record I do not own Naruto! Only Yuna!

So I guess I'll talk to you people later?

-

-

-

-

SAD NINJA OUT!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.9K 31
After abandoning her village, Sakura stumbles across a severely injured and dying, Itachi Uchiha. After spending months healing him, she learns what...
91.9K 2.7K 28
Y/n senju the granddaughter of Tobirama. But what happens when everyone she loves dies and joins the akatsuki and meet Obito. Will she find out who h...
353K 13.2K 32
(FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEAM EIGHT UNLEASHED) The Shinobi world is a harsh, unforgiving place. Akari Kita knows this. And yet, it's been her dream to beco...
155K 3.9K 63
This story follows Akari Namikaze (daughter of Minato and Kushina / Naruto's sister) through the third shinobi war and the many trials that follow...