"A MATCH MADE IN SHADOW" {Ka...

By Bread_dealer

*! ART ON THE COVER IS NOT MINE! * Before there was a little girl, a little girl that got abandoned long ago... More

πŸ–€Prologe πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 1 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 2 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 3 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 4 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 5 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 6 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 8 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 9 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 10 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 11 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 12 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 13πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 14 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 15πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 16 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 17 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 18 πŸ–€
πŸ’™ THE LEFT PATH (PART 1)πŸ’™
πŸ’™ THE LEFT PATH (Part 2) πŸ’™
πŸ’™ THE LEFT PATH ( FINAL PART) πŸ’™
πŸ’™ Epilogue πŸ’™
❣️ THE RIGHT PATH (PART 1)❣️
❣️ THE RIGHT PATH (Part 2) ❣️
❣️THE RIGHT PATH (FINAL PART)❣️
❣️ Epilogue ❣️

πŸ–€ Chapter 7 πŸ–€

1.1K 62 20
By Bread_dealer

Days have passed.

(Y/N's) nightmares were only getting worse and worse, in a rapid rate as well. They just kept getting more and more intense and more gruesome.

One thing always stayed the same...

That thing was always there...

Was it her mind that had made up this horror just to torment her mind? Or was it just a strange embodiment of her fear?

She didn't knew...

Besides this, (Y/N) was also happy. She was glad that through the recent days, no one found anything about her and her little pet companion.
(L/N) has also been helping her calm down each night from those nightmares, and (Y/N) was glad that this was the case and that it was there.

And she was probably also happy that she talked Kayn and Nakuri into not telling anyone.

To (Y/N), Kayn was a difficult persona. But she truly and strongly believed that he was a good person, and that he could be nice just like anyone else.
Sadly his ego is so big it drew most people away with the impression that he cared only for himself and that he never would think of someone as equal to him.

It's a good thing that (Y/N) was not like most people. And that's exactly why they were such a good power duo. Even if they sometimes don't even notice.

As (Y/N) sat there and thought of this, she sighed as she stared at the, right now, fighting Kayn.
Everyone, yet again, was sparing as per usual. And she couldn't help but stare.

She was resting for a bit and just found herself captivated by the way he was able to defeat almost everyone that went against him.

It fascinated her.

"What are you staring at?"

(Y/N) flinched and quickly turned to see who it was. A sigh of relief left her lips when she saw it was just Nakuri.

"*sigh* Don't scare me like that!" - she said as she punched his shoulder, almost not hard at all.

" *laugh* Fine, fine."

Her friend's eyes moved to see what she was so intensely staring at. But the moment he saw who it was, his face immediately fell and he narrowed his eyes as he gave a silent glare towards Kayn.

"Really, (Y/N)?"

"What?"

"Him?"

"What do you mean?" - she asked, her face a little red

Nakuri put his fingers on the bridge of his nose as he gave out a loud sigh.

"Out of all of the people in the order you like him?"

(Y/N's) face immediately turned into redder than ever before.

"No, no, no, you got it all wrong!"

"Oh, really now?"

"Yes! Nakurii, he is just my friend, it's not like that!"

Her friend just cocked an eyebrow as he crossed his arm, not really believing the look in her eyes.

"Stop looking at me like that!"

A tired sigh escaped his lips. Deciding this topic was going nowhere. But he still recognized that look, even if she didn't.

"*sigh* Alright, fine, fine, I'll stop."

(Y/N) smiled and finally relaxed as her friend sat next to her.
Then she looked at Kayn again. Curious she asked:

"Nakuri?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you hate Kayn so much?"

Nakuri shifted a little as he, too, was now starting at the man in front of his eyes.

"*sigh* Hate is a strong word, but I do hate some things about him."

"Like what?"

"His arrogance."

"I hate how he just sees everyone as below him. Or how he is always so cocky and confident about absolutely everything. "

"Yeah, I guess his ego can get the best of him sometimes."

"Hm, you think?"

"But... He is not that bad."

Nakuri looked at her with a questioning look as she spoke:

"He may act like a selfish, arrogant and rude on the surface, but if you take your time to dig beneath that surface will something beautiful appear. He is not that bad, it's just that people never got to know him."

A moment of silence filled the space between them They both had such different perspectives of Kayn...

"*sigh* He doesn't deserve you, (Y/N)..."

" But everyone deserves someone."

Nakuri looked at the ground as he got up to walk away mumbleling under his breath, low enough for (Y/N) to not hear him.

"only if you knew..."

As (Y/N) saw he was walking away she sighed. She knew he would get over this whole conversation tomorrow.

Her attention was stolen yet again as she saw everyone was now walking away, they were probably just dismissed or finished. But then she saw that a few students were aligned in front of their teacher. Curious, (Y/N) decided to go there as well.

As she sat in the line, the only thing she could focus on was her "father's" metallic voice.

"It's known to us that Noxians were able to retrieve an ancient weapon, most likely from a darkin origin. It's our job to secure that it doesn't fall into the hands of Noxus. I will need someone to go and take it. And this is why I have gathered my best studients,to choose who to sail there and do it. "

" I will go. "

(Y/N's) head turned to see Kayn stepping forward. She actually wasn't surprised at all. He always looked for a way to prove he was worthy of leading the order to Zed or that he was the best. Although she truly thought he didn't need to, everyone knew that.

Zed looked around to see if anyone else had a problem with it. But they were silent. None of them wanted to sail to there and go through all those trouble.

"Alright, Kayn you are sailing tomorrow."

Kayn just nodded silently.

"I want to go."

Everyone looked at (Y/N) like she was insane. But, she too, really wanted to prove she was worthy of being here, of being worth the trouble.

"Absolutely not." - said Zed's stern metallic voice.

(Y/N) was taken aback as she in a little more persistent voice said:

"But why?"

"You are not yet ready to go on such a mission, (Y/N)."

"But how can I be ready if I never get to go?!"

(Y/N) looked at them with those hopefully eyes, to only be met with silence.
And with that she now realized she crossed a line. Putting her head down in shame as quietly wispered :

".. im sorry..."

" I promise I will not fail you, Master."

Zed nodded as If saying "I know". Then dismissed everyone who was gathered there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) sat there, perhaps the only one who was left there. She sat as she was feeling mixed emotions.
One part was angry for the fact that Zed never leted her go on any of those important missions. To her it felt like he thought she wasn't good enough, although deep down she believed that this wasn't the case.

"Are you still here?"

She looked at the fermiliar face of her friend, not knowing if she should be jealous or happy that he got to go retrieve such an important item.

(Y/N) didn't spoke as she just nodded.

"(Y/N), what were you thinking back there? "

" I-I just wanted-"

"And you even rose your voice to Zed, what made you think this was a good idea?!"

"But i-"

"You are quite lucky, you do know he could have punished you, right?" 

"And to think of sailing to Noxus, (Y/N) what were-"

"WILL YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME?!"

Kayn stopped, looking at his friend. It's rare that she ever rose her voice at him, and it always caught him by surprise. He now was silent.

"Kayn I.. I just wanted to prove my worth. Ever since that day I'm trying to show that Zed didn't took me in for nothing. I'm trying to return the favor, he saved my life!"

Her voice was now higher than Intended, but still continued:

"You don't have to prove anything anymore! Everyone including Zed already know you are the best Here! You had always been!"

Kayn now stared at her with a shocked expression. He never knew (Y/N) felt that lack of self worth. His face now changed into a calm and comforting expression,if you can call it that.

" (Y/N)... "

She didn't look at him.

"Master Zed thinks you are way more than worth it."

"And how do you know?... "

"(Y/N), I know it."

"I am his pupil, I know he didn't let you go because he is afraid he may lose you."

"... What?... "

"It's like sending your child to fight in a war. Most parents will never leave anything to happen to their kids."

As Kayn said this, he recalled himself when he was a child. He never knew his parents, and he didn't want to. Whoever those people were deserved whatever happened to them in the war.

But (Y/N) had something similar to him, she too, felt hatred towards people she didn't remember, it's just that she always forgets they ever existed, she always just thought of how Zed gave her everything she had now. Kayn truly believed, even if it didn't always seem like it, he knew Zed thought of her as his own daughter.

"Do you... really think that?"

"(Y/N), I'm probably the most brutally honest person in the order except for Zed. Yes I do."

(Y/N) now felt a little happier after Kayn said that. He had a weird way of making her feel better.

"And plus-"

"There is no way the order would have been the same without you. You bring peace in here somehow."

"*giggle *I'm glad."

After a while of small conversations like this they decided they should go back to their rightful rooms. Kayn had to get up very early tomorrow after all.

As they stood in front of her room, (Y/N) quickly hugged him.

" Please, come back soon."

"Eh? But of course. I'll be back before you even knew I was away."

(Y/N) smiled at him. She couldn't be mad at him, ever. He always had a way of finding his way into her heart.

" I'm sure you will."

(Y/N) then quickly gave him another quick hug with saying a sweet:

" Good Night! "

Then she just as quick, went to her room, closing the door behind her.

"Good night?"

He said a little suprised but then shrugged as he walked off...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 57K 58
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
1.2M 109K 42
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 π‘πšπ­π‘π¨π«πž π†πžπ§'𝐬 π‹π¨π―πž π’πšπ πš π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
113K 3K 12
Reader x Kyoya Ootori You and Kyoya form a secret relationship, but an unexpected plan from your father causes everything to chance. You are to marry...
972K 30.4K 40
Ehhhhh I'll write a description later