Climbing The Sky

By Sparkling_star146

When she was ecstatic and nervous of a change and a new step of her life, a wild option was presented in fron... More

1.Change and adjustment
2.Go with the flow
3.Serial of life
4.Tough decisions
5.Being sure
6. Excited surrounding
7. First meeting
8.Think and decide
9. Worsening Problems
10.Second Thought
11. Need of peace
12.Big Step
13.Weirdness Overload
14.Help
15. Search for links
16. Messy Life
17.Solving Problem
18. Danger
19. The Footage
20. Revenge
21. Dream
22. Unexpected Options
23. Hostel Life
24.Good Work
25.Helping in good
26. Mischief
27.Parents and concern
28.Dilemma
29.When you're anxious of a change
30. Insane friends and cousins
31.Emotions of a girl
32. After the big day
33.Days of crazyness
34.Advice from close ones
35.New home,changed life.
36.When you're alone
37.Unexpected guest
38.Lie calls problem
39.Silence is the punishment
40.Realisation
41.With Him
42. Match making
43. Excitement.
44.Back home
45. Troublemaker phone
46. Unsaid words
47.Sweet tears
48.Pain before the smile
49.No worry
50.Another change
51.Different expectations
53. Say hello to a mother
54. Life with a doll
55.Kids and tantrums
56. Keeping them close to heart
Epilogue

52. End of wait

120 14 180
By Sparkling_star146

Warisha's POV

"It's so cute." I smiled, touching the tiny sock ma stitched for the baby.

"Nanu did you also make one for me when I was a baby?" Ilma sat beside her.

"Yes, I made two for your two feet." Ma chuckled.

"I just can't wait to meet my little brother." Ilma beamed at me.

"Ilma, baby there's no guarantee that it'll be a baby boy." I took the risk. Ilmas eyes immediately snapped on me.

"What...do you mean it won't be a baby brother?" Ilmas voice was dangerously low.

"I mean...we don't know anything about the baby's gender. So it can be a girl too."

"That's so sad." Ilmas eyes filled with tears.

"Mama did it, right?" Ilmas expression changed to a very very veryyyyy furious one in a split second.

"What did he do?" Salwa asked.

"He changed my baby brother with a baby sister, right?"

"What?" My eyes widened.

"Ilma, that can't happen." Appi said.

"Mama is so bad. I know that he stole the baby boy from mamis tummy when she was sleeping and kept a baby girl there. Or...or he prayed and prayed and prayed to Allah for a baby girl and and Allah changed my baby brother with a girl."

From where does she get this ideas?

"Ilma, it's not..."Ma started saying but stopped due to Ilmas yelling.

"I told you he was bad. I told you to punish him but you didn't do anything. Now see what he did."

And tears started falling down her cheeks freely.

"Ilma..."

"What did he do to my brother?"

"Ilma, he didn't do anything."

"Then why did Mami say that it's a baby girl?"

"I didn't say that. I said it can even be a baby girl."

Does she know probability?

"But if it's a baby sister, then where will I get a baby brother?" Ilma stood in front of me, head lowered.

"But what is the problem with a baby sister?" I held her arm and made her sit beside me.

"Because... because Lucy has a baby brother and he's so cute. And she always says how she plays with her brother when she goes there, how much she loves him. And I don't like it. I also want a baby brother to share my stories with her." Ilma muttered, keeping her head on my chest.

"And who said you can't do all these with a baby sister?" I asked and she looked at me.

"I can?"

"Obviously you can. Lucy has a baby brother, but does she has a baby sister?"

"No."

"Then you'll be able to share different stories with her."

"Really?"

"Yes." I said and she sat straight, thinking something deeply.

"So...what do you think?" Appi asked.

"I think having a baby sister is good." Ilma said and we all smiled.

"But I want a baby brother and I won't let mama go away after hiding my baby brother." Ilma jumped down from the bed and ran out of the room, blabbering how she'll punish him when he'll be back and bring  her baby brother back.

We looked at each other and sighed.

Why didn't we have twins, one girl and one boy?

"Don't worry about her, she'll melt as soon as she'll see the baby even if it's a girl." Appi assured me with a smile.

But what about Alyan?

"What about him?" Ma asked.

Seems like I said it aloud.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"Are you worried of his reaction if you guys have a boy?" Appi asked.

"Not exactly...but sometimes when he talks about all these, how he wants a daughter and all...it just makes me wonder of his reaction if it's a boy. If he gets disappointed..." I said, looking down at my fingers.

"You really gave such a thought a place in your mind?" Salwa asked, a bit annoyed I guess. And I don't blame her.

How could I even think like this?

"It's...it's silly of me. I'm sorry, I shouldn't think like this." I shook my head, looking away.

"Don't you know him?" Mas voice brought me back.

"I do."

"Let me tell you something. Yes, my son expects a girl. But did he ever tell you that he doesn't want a boy?" She asked. I looked at her for few seconds before shaking my head.

"Even I was slightly confused when I heard what he was talking about. And then, we had a talk."

"Talk?"

"We were just talking about random stuff when this topic came up. And just to check his reaction, I told him that I got disappointed when I heard that you guys actually don't know that the baby was a girl. I also said that I wish for a grand daughter and a grand son may disappoint me." She said and my eyes widened.

"Now don't you think I actually think like that, never. I just said all these to check his reaction." She said hurriedly.

"I know. So...what did he say?"

"Well, I just had to receive a half an hour of lecture from my son about my, as he said, 'annoying' thoughts. He warned me not to ever mention anything like this to you and also said that he doesn't care if it's a boy or a girl, he just wants you both to be healthy. Obviously, he would love to have a daughter but he'll equally be grateful if he gets a son by Allahs wish." Ma finished with a proud smile.

"See, Bhai would never be so petty." Salwa said and I nodded.

It's disappointing of me to even have such thoughts even though I know him.

And there's nothing new in this. I've always been the immature and stupid one in our relationship. I always stir a problem by my stupid thoughts and it's always he who talks sense into me. Every time, one way or another.

How does he even tolerate me?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Didn't you sleep last night?" Alyan asked, sitting beside me on the bed.

"No." I mumbled, snuggling more into the pillow.

Last night, I couldn't sleep properly. The annoying pain on my back woke me again and again.

"Ammi is calling you for lunch. Come and have that. Then you can sleep."

"I want to sleep." I muttered.

"But you have to have your lunch. Should I bring it up here?" He combed his fingers through my hair, making me more sleepy.

"Hmm...."

"Ok." He went out of the room. He came back two weeks ago and joined in a hospital here. And my due date was two days ago. I try to hide it but I can't deny that I'm so anxious and scared. I don't know what to expect.

"Here." He sat beside me and I got up. He gave me the plate. I didn't realise how hungry I was until I had the smell of food.

"Mas cooking is really heavenly." I said with my mouthful of food as he nodded, looking at me with a smile

"True that. How are you feeling now?"

"Fine. Though I'm just waiting to get over with this. I literally can't walk straight now." I muttered.

"Be patient. At least she is not digging her feets on your rib like before."

He's right though.

"I'm trying to be patient. When did you come back?"

"When you were asleep, an hour ago."

"Aren't you tired? You were out whole night."

"I am."

"Then take a bit rest. You have to go tonight also?"

"Yeah."

"Have your lunch and take a nap." I said and he nodded. He went at the washroom for a shower. I finished eating and wanted to go down to keep the plate back, but felt so tired. So I kept the plate on the table and sat on the bed, keeping my head on the headboard.

"Don't you little kitten want to come out and see this world?" I muttered rubbing on my abdomen, like the baby will talk to me.

"Ammi is so tired, you know. I can't wait to see you and kiss you." I shut my eyes as I felt the dull pain on my back.

"I so want to take you in my arms, to name you. Everyone is waiting for you. Why make us wait so much?" And I felt the baby move, like it's trying to remind me that it's hearing everything.

"So, what did she answer?" Alyan came out.

"He or she said that he or she will be out as soon as possible." I smiled, forcing on the word "he". He came on the bed and laid there, keeping his head on my lap.

"Headache?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Have your lunch first." I said, combing his ruffled hair.

"I already had that. I just want to sleep now."

"Then sleep."

"Wait...did the baby move?" He suddenly asked, looking at my abdomen.

"Yeah. Did you feel it?" I smiled.

"I don't know...just felt something weird." He chuckled.

"Then imagine how I feel."

"That must be so thrilling."

"Yeah, someone squeezed inside you, wrestling and turning and hiccuping....very thrilling." I said, making him chuckle.

"Now you sleep." I said leaning a bit, my fingers playing with his hair. Within few minutes, he was in deep sleep.

I tried to kiss on his forehead, leaning down a bit but my huge tummy didn't let me.

Seems like I just have to settle without any show of affection.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"When will you be back?" I asked him as he took his phone from the bed.

"Tomorrow morning."

"Oh."

"Is anything wrong?" He asked, coming in front of me.

"No." I mumbled, trying to shoo this weird feeling away.

"Sure?"

"Yeah."

"Be careful. Don't sleep alone, call Salwa with you. Don't let Ilma stay with you in the night. If any problem, call ammi or appi. And I have my phone so you can call me if needed." He said with a kiss on my cheek and I nodded.

"Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz." He went out. I sat on the couch, leaning there. I was feeling so light headed and the pain on my back was still there. I turned on the TV and started watching Oggy and the cockroaches.

Alyan doesn't let me watch all these after that stupid nightmare I had that night. But now he's not here, I'm bored so I can do anything.

And no one can beat Oggy in making a dull evening enjoyable. Until...

"Wait...ow!" I felt a sharp pang on my abdomen and sat straight.

"Uff..." It lasted for few seconds. With a sigh, I leaned on the couch, trying to focus on the cartoon. After few minutes, it came again, now harder.

It's fishy. Is it what I'm thinking?

I thought of calling ma but then chose not to because even if that's just normal, they'll bring the whole house down.

I got up and sat on the bed, trying to help myself by changing position. And the pain was again here. I made a mental calculation for some time and noticed it getting more regular and stronger.

"Ouch....Allah.." I clutched the pillow, trying to bear this pain.

As it went away, I sighed and laid down on the bed, trying to close my eyes.

It's still not too much to start wondering.

This went on for some time. When I thought it was too much and I was quite sure it's getting regular, I slowly got up and stood at the threshold, trying to see if anyone's there.

"Ma, are you there?" I called her.

Within a minute, she rushed with appi.

"What happened?" Appi asked, looking at me up to down.

"It's....it's maybe the contraction." I said as calmly as I could.

"Oh Allah. Did the water break?" Ma asked and I shook my head.

"Ammi, I think we should go at the hospital." Appi said.

"Did you call Alyan?"

"No ma, he just went few hours ago. I shouldn't call him now. And....ahhh!" I held the doorframe tightly, waiting for the pain to leave me. I felt my eyes getting teary due to the intense pain. Now it lasted longer.

"Still dear, you should call him now." She said as I balanced myself, taking deep breaths. I took the phone from the bed and dialled his number, but he didn't receive.

"We should get going." Appi said. I again dialled him but no response. After grabbing few necessary things, we went out and sat in the car. Appi dropped Ilma to the neighbours as Baba was not at home. Then she came back and we started towards the hospital.

"Shh..calm down dear." Ma patted on my head as I was crying due to the last one. It was getting more and more intense. Just then, my phone rang. I accepted the call hurriedly because I won't be able to talk when the contraction will be back again.

"Warisha, called me?" I heard his voice and took a deep breath to calm myself. I don't want him to panic.

"Ye..yeah." I muttered.

"What happened? You sound different." I heard few shuffling sounds from the other side and his voice was low.

I hate to disturb him now.

"First of all, you don't panic."

"What happened? Tell me, are you fine?"

"I'm feeling pain." I said.

"Contraction?"

"Most probably."

"Oh Allah, from when?"

"It's been two hours."

"That's long. How long apart?"

"Approximately 7 minute between each."

"Is it hurting too much?"

"Ye..yes. When it comes....It's too much." I tried to keep my voice steady.

"But you don't worry, I'm fine. Not so serious so no hurry. And we're on our way to hospital."

"Ok then. I'm also coming. You don't panic or don't be stressed. Everything will be fine."

"In Shaa Allah."

"I'll hang up now. See you there." He said and cut the call. I leaned on mas shoulder, feeling pain on my back.

I don't know what this night has in store for me.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I was sat on the bed, in a cabin. Ammi and abbu are also here. Ammi is here with me and abbu is outside with baba.

"I'm so tired." I muttered, rubbing my face with my palm. Just then, Alyan entered. His eyes fell on me and he came beside me.

"You fine?" He asked, taking my hand in his. I nodded, feeling a bit relived by having him beside me.

"Why so late?" Ma asked.

"Traffic jam." He said, sitting beside me. Again a pain hit me and I squeezed his hand. Both the woman walked out, talking about something.

"Oh my...that was rough." He muttered, looking at our hands as tears fell down my cheeks.

"It..hurts so much." He rubbed my back soothingly.

"Just bear a bit. It'll be over soon." He said.

As the pain left me, I took deep breathes for a minute and got up.

"Where?"

"I want to walk." I sighed. When contraction hits me, I literally lose my mind. Or else I'm fine, just the annoying dull ache on my back.

"Be careful." He said sitting on the bed.

"I am so te....ufff..." I grabbed the window with all my strength as the pain hit me, taking my words off.

"You should sit down." He rushed beside me and I hugged him, crying.

"When will this be over?"

"Be patient." He said as he patted on my back.

We sat on the bed. This pain is unbearable, so intense. Now I understand why Ammi used to avoid talking about this whenever I used to ask her.

Whole night passed on like this, me crying and everyone soothing me. At Fajr, I felt my water break. And the pain also passed every limit of my patience.

The nurse said something after checking me but it came in my ear very inaudibly, the pain making me go mad.

"Do whatever you want but quickly." I yelled at her.

"Warisha, calm down..." He sat beside me.

"No...I won't calm down. It's hurting...so much." I cried, leaning a bit with me face covered by my hands.

"They're doing.."

"They aren't doing anything. What are you doing here? Go and tell them...to do...whatever they want before I die."

"Relax....."

"Just go away!!" I jerked his hand away.

"Warisha, calm down..."

"I'm feeling like I'm dying and you're irritating me more. Just get out." I yelled.

"Ok, I'm going. Just don't be angry."He got up and went out.

Alyans POV

I literally ran out and stood there beside appi.

"Why are you here? Stay with her." Appi said.

"She kicked me out."

"Warisha?"

"Yeah."

"Poor boy, she's just irritated. Don't make this poker face." Appi patted my shoulder and walked away towards others.

I just nodded. I could hear her crying and snapping at the nurse every now and then. I can't even go inside, tension was killing me. Maybe as a doctor, I know about all these still, I surely don't know the pain.

"For Allahs sake, what are we waiting for?" I heard her yell.

"Ma'am, you're not ready still. Please be patient." The nurse said.

"I'll... I'll die like this..my baby will die..do something...."

Her words were making me more anxious. I've never seen her in this much pain, she's very patient. And if she's behaving like this, then the pain is surely unbearable. But there's nothing I can do now but to pray for them.

Then the nurse came out.

"Umm..what's she doing?" I asked as I didn't hear her for few minutes.

"Laying on the bed." She said.

"I know she's acting very cranky but please don't mind."

"Why would I mind? She's in pain that's why she's acting like this. She'll be fine." She said as I smiled.

The nurse went away and I leaned on the wall, tired. I wanted to go inside but her temper was stopping me. Still, I peeked through the door to see her. She was laid on the bed, sniffling and shaking. Whatever time she gets between contractions, either she snaps on us or cries miserably.

A nurse was sitting beside her, whispering sweet nothings to calm her down. I just stood there silently, watching her going through this pain every now and then.

It has to end soon.

After half an hour or so, she went into labour room. I remember my promise of being with her but frankly speaking, now I'm feeling so tensed, nervous, anxious and what not. And I don't think she'll be too happy to see me.

"But your promise?" My mind said as I shook my head.

If she doesn't want me to go, no need to make her more irritated. But is it right to let her go alone when she herself had requested me to be with her?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Warisha's POV

"Wait...where's my husband?" I asked the nurse, looking around to find him.

"You told him to go away. He doesn't want to irritate you." She said nonchalantly.

"And he went away? GO AND TELL THAT JERK TO COME!!" I yelled as she looked at me in disbelieve.

"But ma'am he..." She started saying but I stopped her.

"Go and call him right now or else I'm cursing you. And a mothers curse won't go in vain." I said with gritting teeth as she looked at me for few seconds before hurrying out. She came back followed by a very messy looking Alyan. And the first thing I did was taking something from the nearby table or whatever and threw it on him. I don't even know what I threw.

"Warisha..." He started to come at me.

"Don't Warisha me. YOU LIAR!!"

"What did I do?"

"You promised me you would be with me but you fled away." I closed my eyes due to the pain.

"But you told me to go out." He said as he took his glasses in his hand, maybe fearing another air attack. I waited for the pain to go away before snapping back at him.

"And you did so? I told to go out for then, not for your lifetime. You....you...insolent man. I'm dying here for your baby and you're out there having fun." I yelled at him. The doctor and nurses were busy enjoying the drama, forgetting their work.

"What? What are you guys looking at? DO YOU NEED INVITATION?"

"Ma'am, you need to calm down first or else..." A nurse started to say.

"I AM CALM!!"

"Warisha, please calm down. I'm sorry, it was wrong of me to go out. Now you please calm down." He took my hands in his. I started crying, snuggling in him.

"I'm never....taking a baby again." I muttered.

"Whatever you want."

"Even you don't take any." I wasn't in my complete sense to know what I'm blabbering.

"Uhmm...yeah. As you wish."

The doctor checked everything for the last time and nodded at me.

It's time.

..................
............

Assalamualaikum people.

So what do you think? Is it a boy or a girl?

The next update will be after Eid. So we'll meet again after a month. Till then stay safe and don't forget Alyan and Warisha (and their baby). Ramadan Mubarak✨

Allah Hafiz💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 7.4K 75
(Fixed/Fan-TL) Top idol group Stardust, whose members disappear like dust. The group that used to have seven members ends with four members... "Is...
78.3K 5.9K 50
"Is she mine?" Freen asked with shaky hands watching the little kid playing on the playground. Her hair cascade on her shoulders, her eyes were brown...
79K 3.2K 43
She was his classmate in kindergarten, he was 5 years old and she was four. Ayaan knew that she was special for him and decided to spend the rest of...
493K 23.6K 42
Needs editing [ the destiny series #1] 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 π’•π’‰π’†π’Ž 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’š π’‚π’ˆπ’‚π’Šπ’ 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 π’•π’‰π’†π’Ž π’•π’π’ˆ...