Before They Were Bulletproof...

By Gasai-

Before they were bulletproof they were just youths trying to make their way through to debut. Jia, that's you... More

Introduction// Disclaimer
Intro: Moving into your new place
1. Humble Beginnings
2. Charismatic
3. Library
4. Studio
5. BBQ
6. Night Market Confessions
8. Karaoke
9. Convini Confessions
10. Can You Rap?
11. Street Dance
12. Snug Nights In
13. Did I Cross The Line?
14. Ice Cream
15: Just A Night Of Dance
16. Don't Judge Me
17. Worries
18. It Hurts My Feelings
19. Lullaby
20. Champagne Call
21. Flustered
22. You'd Be The Sweetest Boyfriend
23. Small World
24. Reflection
25. Chaos
26. It's Done. I'm Done
27. Please, Don't Leave
28. Reluctant
29. Writing Our Own Story
30. Tingles
31. Promise
32. Smutty Christmas Sope
33. Plum Blossoms
34. What are you looking for?
35. Cold
36. Dealer
37. Haze
38. Memories
39. Past Midnight
40. Criminal History
41. The Waltz
42. Reckless
43. 24K Gold
44. No More Dream
45. Countdown
46. Debut
47. Contract
48. Mutually Beneficial
49. Disbelief
50. Coincidence
51. Orientation
52. Hide And Seek
53. Sunday's aren't fun days
54. Onigiri
55. Pretty As A Petal
56. Downpour
57. Three's a charm
58. On Repeat
59. Cold Blooded
60. Hands Of Time
61. Living A Lie
62. Leave it to me
63. Doll
64. Perfect
65. War Of The Heart
66. Always With Me
67. Don't forget
Epilogue

7. Picnic Writing

520 27 0
By Gasai-

Saturday.

I woke up in a really good mood today. I could still recall the raw events of the night before, but, instead, I wanted to think about what was ahead. I took my time getting ready to meet up with Namjoon, we were going to work on some lyrics. It must have been perfect timing because I felt a bit sentimental. That kind of mood always made it easier to write. I danced around to some music while I got ready, deciding to wear some blue jeans and a grey hoodie. Nothing special but that was okay because I had a Karaoke date later, I'd save something sexy for then. I tapped my phone to check the time and saw a message.

NJ: Heeey, is it cool if we meet at Jang-Jae park?

I quickly googled the location, it was close by.

Jia: Yeah sure, see ya soon 😙

NJ: 😎

I closed my phone and collected everything I needed: paper, pens, and a laptop, which I packed into a bag and made my way there. As I stood across the road I could already see Namjoon. I crossed over, he spotted me and walked over.

"So, ready to write a masterpiece?" Namjoon gave a low-key smile as he approached.

"I can't promise anything but I'm gonna give it my best" I nudged his shoulder playfully.

We started walking through the park on a path that wound its way through the trees. Namjoon pointed out a beautiful spot near a pond. So, we went over. To my surprise, he pulled out a picnic blanket from his backpack and laid it out for us to sit on.

"After you," he offered. I took a seat cross-legged and started taking out all of my equipment from my bag. Joon did the same and by the end of it, we had a perfect set-up in front of us.

"I have a couple of ideas in this notepad, did you want to take a look?" I held it up.

"Yeah, let's swap. I'll read yours, you read mine" he offered as he pulled out his notes. It was a cute idea so I agreed. We exchanged notepads and started exploring each other's writing.

As I read through his lines I felt them resonating with my sentiments. The layout was more of a journal format.. he'd written some feelings and thoughts and then cleverly portrayed them in a lyrical form. His writing was... vulnerable but more-so genius. Genius was the best fitting word to describe what I was reading.

"Jia, these are nice. I want to use... " Joon leaned closer into me as he showed me the notepad.

"These.." he began to say as he circled them and flipped the page to find others "And this." When I saw what he's chosen, it made my mind go blank. I'd forgotten I'd even put those drabbles in this book!

"Joon Oppa," I quietly said, only to feel more embarrassed after my words had slipped out. I'd never addressed him that way before but this setting must have been making me feel closer to him than I was consciously aware of.

He must have been as shook as I was because his cheeks flushed but he held his attention towards me nonetheless. I let it go and instead pointed out something I'd read in his notebook that stood out.

"Oh," he hesitated for a moment before giving a shy laugh "You sure you like that..?"

"Yes! This is genius, and it ties into a theme with the elements you picked in my notes." I suggested. A small hm came from him as he thought about it for a moment.

"Yeah, I think you're onto something here! Hold on, let me write it out." He began jotting stuff down on a fresh page eagerly.

There was a faint sound of pen to paper filling the small silence as he wrote. I took that time to look at the lush greenery surrounding us. It was so beautiful and peaceful here, my gaze was then drawn towards Joon. For some reason, I couldn't break away from the sight of him. Maybe it was the way he was sitting or the way he was in his world as he wrote. The sounds of the pen against paper were soothing. This moment brought a comfort that I was having trouble describing... I was brought back to reality as he looked up at me.

"Okay how about this?" Joon asked. I took it from him and started to read.

"I love this concept" I blurted before I'd even managed to finish. I started feeling excited about the prospects of what was to come from this song.

"Me too. Let's go with this then" he beamed.

Time went by as we both discussed and brainstormed a melody and lyrics. I quickly realised just how talented Namjoon was. He was thoughtful and open, creative, intelligent and.. sweet. We decided to take a break, he took out some canned coffees from his bag, cracked them open and then handed me one. I thanked him, watching as he leaned back on his hands and looked out at the clear sky.

"So.. Can I ask? When did you fall in love with music?" I took a sip of my coffee as I inquired.

"Hmm. High school for sure. But, you know what it's like. Parents push their agenda onto their kids. To be a Rap Star is a hopeless dream right? Do it later and focus on studying." Namjoon sighed, gaze averting to me.

"Following your dreams isn't easy but, it's an easy choice as soon as you realise that music is your life and you wouldn't be living without it" he finished saying. His words were heavy-handed. They also held a lot of truth.

"Anyone with that much resolve, it'd be impossible for them not to make that dream come true" I said, "I admire anyone who's that brave."

I felt Namjoon shift slightly. I didn't know if he was uncomfortable or just in his head. I had no idea what he was thinking...

"What about you then? Is this the dream? Or, is there something else?" His tone was light as he asked, but the question itself made me pull from somewhere deep for the answer.

"I agree with what you said before. Music is life, it's everything. It connects us in a world where everything can feel so disconnected. Having something that can comfort me, understand me, motivate me. I could go on about the way music makes me feel but, you already know." I took a deep breath and laid back before continuing. "I don't think I have a dream... I just want to live a full and happy life. And I want people around me to be able to do the same thing" I looked over to see Namjoon staring back at me. He broke eye contact after a few seconds, only to let out a sigh harshly.

"You're too good to be true Jia. Don't take this the wrong way but, I can tell you have talent. Straight up. Just, don't hold yourself back. Okay?" I took a moment to digest his words. I still couldn't completely understand what he might be implying but I agreed nonetheless.

Suddenly Joon's phone started ringing, he excused himself for a moment while he answered it and walked off so I wasn't in earshot of the call. I finished my coffee when I felt my phone vibrate. It was a text from Tae. I opened it up.

Tae: Jia, you want me to come to pick you up tonight?

Jia: Ummm

Jia: Yeaaa okay, I'll send you my address!

Tae: Okkk, see u at 6 🤡

I check the time then lock my phone and put it back into my pocket. It was already 4 pm so I probably needed to go home now and get ready. Namjoon was still on the phone so I decided to pack up our things.

Then, I carefully walked over to try and tell him I had to go. I could start to hear what he was talking about, he sounded stressed out.

I hope he was okay... His back was facing me. As I listened more I heard him talking about deadlines he needed to meet or something but he needed more time.

Even though I was curious I needed to go so I whisper shouted his name which got his attention. He whipped around and looked at me, I made a silent motion explaining I had to go and he nodded and mouthed "okaaay, sorryyy" back.

I waved goodbye and then headed home quickly. It seemed that leaving Joon in a rush was becoming a frequent thing, I hoped he wasn't bothered by it...

Finally, I got home, put all my stuff down and got into the shower straight away. After I got out I did my hair down long and straight. My make-up is a bit heavier than usual. Just when I finished I went to check the time but the buzzing stopped me. Oh god is he already here?

I went over to the intercom and sure enough, Tae-Hyung was standing there patiently. I buzzed him in and rushed to put on something other than a robe. All I could find was some pajamas but that would have to do for now. I quickly slipped on a pair of shorts and a T. I heard a knock on the door so I opened it and let him in, my jaw nearly dropping when I saw him up close.

"Omg is that you Tae? You look so good" I gaped at how handsome he was right now. I'd thought he was gorgeous before but seriously this, he was like a living work of art carved by angels.

"Thanks, Nice place" He replied, examining my apartment before looking back at me.

"Ohhh, you're wearing pajamas tonight?" He grinned "You should have told me, now I feel too dressed up.."

"No! No... I still need to pick something to wear and I'm done." I laughed awkwardly.

"Sounds fun, let me help you pick something then" he grinned again. Why did I feel like his mischievous side was going to come out to play tonight?

Before I could agree he walked past me straight into my bedroom and found my wardrobe. I rushed in behind him to try and stop him but it was too late.

"Wow you have so many different kinds of clothes" Tae was in slight awe but it didn't last long.

"Come to think of it, your style IS so diverse" He contemplated as he started pulling out things and examining them.

"I guess it would be okay if you helped me pick then.." I still felt hesitant but, in actuality, Tae had an amazing fashion sense. He'd never worn something I didn't like in my time of knowing him so I should have more faith in him. Tae hummed as he went through a few things until he had found something that was to his liking.

"This is going to look so good on you, go put it on" he smiled, handing the little black dress to me.

"Wow okay, but are you sure? It's a small dress.." I questioned, only to earn a sigh from him.

"Jia, you're seriously gorgeous. You could literally wear a paper bag and make it look good. Please, just try it on for me..?" He coaxed sweetly. I couldn't say no to those puppy eyes so I took the dress from him and went into the bathroom. I came back with it on, I could feel his eyes graze every inch of me.

"It's the perfect combination of classy and sexy. Here, look for yourself" I felt Tae grab onto my shoulders from behind and pull me in front of the mirror. He was right, I did look nice in this dress, and, not to mention the sight of us together that closely... I stopped there, back to the dress. I'd been a bit wary of wearing it but I think this was the perfect occasion. I'd been worried for nothing.

"Okay, I'll wear this then" I affirmed, giving into Tae.

"Plus, Jiminie will have a hard time if he sees you looking this gorgeous," Tae laughed evilly.

"Really? I thought he liked pink though " I laughed.

"He has a secret fetish for little black dresses. It'll be fun."Tae gloated "And, I'll be with you all night so don't worry" he flashed me another smile before pulling me by the hand back out into the lounge room.

"Oh hold on, I need to pick heels and a bag too" I let go of him and grabbed a slim open-toed heel from the shoe shelf along with an oversized white clutch and then threw them onto the couch beside him.

"These" I beamed. Tae picked up the shoes and examined them. He nodded in approval so I sat down and put them on.

"We still have a bit of time, wanna have a pre-drink before we go?" He asked cheekily. He went over to my fridge and opened it up.

"Yeah, just one though!" I called out to him. I packed my bag with the essentials, by the time I was done Tae had brought over a bottle of soju and poured two shots.

"Here beautiful, this is for you," Taes confidence tonight was fully on display. I could feel he wasn't holding back tonight. So I shouldn't either.

"Here's to a good night~ good night~ goodnight~" Tae sang sweetly as he joked "And new friendships," Tae added before sending me a wink. His voice was captivating, but I only had a second to admire it as he clicked his shot against mine.

"Junnn~" we both cheered in unison before downing the shot. It was a light burn in my throat that turned into warmth in my stomach. It was getting me in the mood. Shortly after that Tae and I left my apartment. We took a taxi seeing as I was not in the right attire to be walking long distances down the street. As we sat together in the backseat I felt excited, I didn't know what was going to happen but I had a good feeling.

Tae reaches his hand out to help me out of the car. The stairs were right at the entrance. I caught a glimpse of the 'Blue Moon' sign above as we entered. Tae had let me go before him, he stayed close behind me as we went up, so closely that I could smell his light vintage scent. Part of me still couldn't get over how hot he looked.

As we reached the top of the stairs the music and sound of people singing from their rooms became louder. There was a front desk that doubled as a bar and an open Karaoke lounge. We walked through the main lobby and into the lounge. It was a smaller space, maybe a dozen tables and a couple of couches. The lights dim and filled with chatter, the sound of someone singing a song in the background.

"Jimin and Jungkookie should already be here," Tae hummed as he passed me and scanned the lounge. We saw Jimin and another guy wave us down so we walked over to them.

"Perfect timing you two, our room will be free in twenty minutes. Just enough time to finish our drinks here" Jimin beamed excitedly. I took a seat next to Jimin on one of the swivel chairs at the high table that he and the new person I hadn't met yet were seated at. Tae took the seat across from Jimin which left me directly across from one of the most stunningly cute guys I think I'd ever seen in my life, no joke. My attention instantly fell onto him. He noticed my gaze and returned it steadily. Was he adorable or dangerous, Jesus, how could someone give off both of those vibes at the same time? My brain was turning into scrambled eggs.

"Gukkie, this is Jia," Jimin said cutely as he pulled me in closer to him and smiled, as though he was showing me off as a new pretty accessory. I watched as Jungkook smiled and gave a casual short nod from across the table.

"Nice to meet you, please take care of me" he recited politely out of respect. I was older than him so this was very normal but I didn't want him to have to address me so formally all night.

"Nice to meet you too Jungkookie, please just call me Jia or Noona, whatever your more comfortable with" I smiled and patted his forearm that was resting on the table in front of me reassuringly.

"Thanks, Jia-Noona, I appreciate it," he flashed a smile then took the last sip of his drink. I felt my breath catch in my throat for a moment. God damn, he could kill someone with that smile what the hell. I quickly looked away from him and glanced between Tae and Jimin to distract myself.

"Do we have time for one more round before we go in?" Jungkook asked Jimin who nodded eagerly in response.

"Yeah, it should be fine."

Tae stood up at this and offered to go and get everyone's drinks. After deciding what we wanted he went off to the bar to order.

Jimin turned to me as though about to say something but he stopped, eyes averting downwards. He was totally checking me out and wasn't bothering to hide it at all. "What's wrong Jimin?" I asked, pulling his attention back up.

"Nothing, just admiring how pretty that dress looks on you," he smirked cutely, "This isn't your usual style but, I like it a lot. Could eat you up right now you look delicious," he added.

"Omg, I can't believe you just said that" I quickly turned to face Jungkook so Jimin wouldn't get the pleasure of seeing my flustered expression but in doing so I noticed Jungkook also stealing a glance from across the table.

"FYI, Tae picked it. He thought you'd like it." I quickly added. Being praised all the time like this made me feel good. Maybe I had a praise kink I didn't know about?

"Sheesh, this guy, always trying to give me a hard time," Jimin groaned, "He's supposed to be my best friend."

"That's exactly why. He knows you too well" Jungkook seemed amused. His smile was enough to get lost in and die from. He was something else. I tried not to get too distracted by the younger one's unnerving looks, luckily Tae returned with all our drinks. Well, so I thought.

"Okay so, I know you guys wanted something else but I figured having Somac shots together was a better idea so...." Tae smiled cheekily as he set the Somac glasses sets, 2 beers and a bottle of Soju down, "I decided that my decision overrides yours."

Jungkook laughed and Jimin deadpanned. Tae's grin was from ear to ear, obviously pleased with himself.

"Ohhh I love Somac~ May I?" I asked excitedly. I used to party occasionally during high school so I was accustomed to drink pouring etiquette.

"Go ahead" Tae grinned. I picked up the bottle and shook it then tapped the bottom then unscrewed the lid. A tiny amount of white steam comes from the top of the bottle.

The boys watched in amusement as I continued. I filled four shot glasses with soju, and four glasses with beer then dropped a shot in each glass causing a little plonk as it hit the bottom.

"Jia, is there a side to you we don't know about yet?" Tae asked cheekily. Jimin and Jungkook exchanged looks although they were delightfully surprised.

"Maybe" I shrugged vaguely as I slid everyone their drink.

"You guys never told me Noona was this cool," Jungkook cooed. Maybe I'd impressed him although it did make me wonder what his initial expectation of me must've been. Uncool perhaps? Loools

Jimin held up his glass and we clinked in cheers before drinking it in one shot. Surprisingly Jungkook was the first to finish. Maybe he was one of those guys who could keep drinking for ages before feeling it... After everyone had put down their empty glasses Jimin checked his phone for the time before proposing we go up to our room now seeing as our time was starting. There was a consensus of agreement so we collected ourselves and headed to our room. Finally the highlight of the night! Karaoke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 8K 27
Y/N is your normal school girl, small group of friends, normal family, good grades. But the thing that gets her down the most is her 'Personal Bully'...
5.3K 191 17
| ORIGINALLY POSTED ON MY TUMBLR | @sunshine-and-bangtan Jimin, a vampire who is apart of a small gang of local vampires (aka the Bangtan Boy's or B...
50.7K 2.2K 42
This was my first story for BTS. It holds a special place for me. It got me through some rough times I was going through. A girl moves to Korea to be...
2.5K 116 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...