The Perfect Summer

By AutumnFireflyx

Alison is looking forward to the best summer EVER with her best friend Serena. When Ali and Serena go away fo... More

Chapter 1: Ali and Serena
Chapter 2: It's time to go
Chapter 3: Hitting the road
Chapter 4: Sightseeing?
Chapter 5: Skateboarding
Chapter 6: Unexpected
Chapter 7: Wesley and connor
Chapter 8: Problems
Chapter 9: unresolved diffrences
Chapter 10: The day after
Chapter 11: Unforgivable Lies
Chapter 12: Concert
Chapter 13: Maybe?
Chapter 14: Date night
Chapter 15: Volleyball
Chapter 16: Tell me Lies
Chapter 17: Serena
Chapter 18: No Promises
Chapter 19: Realization
Chapter 21: Scars and Memories
Chapter 22: Before I die
Chapter 23: New friends and old enemies
Chapter 24: Hair
Chapter 25: wait, what?
Chapter 26: Remember
Chapter 27: Where the cool kids hang out
Chapter 28: The Perfect Summer Plan
Chapter 29: Another Day
Chapter 30: Romeo's
Chapter 31: The Bonfire
Chapter 32: End Of The Road
Chapter 33: You Must Have Me Confused
Chapter 34: Happy Never After
Chapter 35: A reason?
Chapter 36: Bye Bye
Chapter 37: Hot
Chapter 38: I want easy
Chapter 39: Nerves and endings
Chapter 40: The Best Day
Chapter 41: True Love
Chapter 42: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 43: "It was a good summer" - Perfect Stranger.
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE: PLEASE READ

Chapter 20: Lies

4.2K 79 11
By AutumnFireflyx

I cant believe how many chapters Ive written!! Thank you so much for reading :) x

"Have we got crisps?" Serena asked standing behind the kitchen counter.

"That would be a no," I said slowly after checking in the cupboards even though I knew that we didn't have any.

Serena was freaking out about this small gathering, I don't even know why. It was only two friends coming over.

"Look, I'll go to the shops and get some food, okay?" I offered.

"Really? Thank you so much Alison," She said coming up to me and hugging me.

To be honest, I was glad to be away from Serena for a while, I wasn't even going to be here for most of the day anyway, since I was going out with Connor. I grabbed my leather jacket and my bag along with some money and started going to the nearest food store nearby.

When I got inside the small shop  I grabbed some crisps like Serena had requested, I didn't know what flavours Lara and Lauren liked so I got a few different ones and I couldn't help myself I got my favourite chocolate bar, Galaxy. 

I didn't have much money left, so I got a few more chocolates and sweets, and since it was only a small food store there weren't many people in side, so I paid for it fairly quickly.

When I got back, I put the white plastic bags on the counter and went upstairs to find Serena, odd she wasn't here. I frowned slightly and went back downstairs to get all the food ready. I wondered where she could be.

I put the food out in bowls and placed it on the large table in the living room and then went back upstairs to pick out some movies, as I had realized Serena hadn't taken any out. Maybe she had gone to get some? I went to Serena's room to get the stack of movies she had on a shelf. I knew she wouldn't mind. It was just the movies shelf.

I started looking at all the movies we had. There was a very wide variety of romance movies and scary movies as well as sc-fi which I wasn't too keen on. I picked out a few from different categories and my eye caught on a book from the bookshelf. Not that Serena read but I guess that was the decor of the room.

I saw a old book, I used to love and took it out. It was about a girl who had a dream and one day it came true. I really loved it. I took it out curious to see it, when I took it out a piece of folded paper fell out. I picked it up to put it back into the book but I saw what was on the cover. It was a picture of Serena with Connor both smiling for the camera. I frowned, that doesn't make sense she told me she didn't know him before this summer.I flicked through the pages of the book quickly and another picture caught my eye of Serena and Leo.

I sighed, I was so sick of the lies. I placed the book back along with the photo of Serena and Connor but took the one with Serena and Leo, and then I left with the movies.

Serena came back a while later as I was reading a book on the floor. "Hey, where were you?" I asked Serena.

"Um...Wesley called me so I went over. I hope you don't mind," Serena said apologetically.

"No, I don't mind, was Connor there?" I asked.

"He left when I got there," She replied sincerely.

"Oh," Is all I replied.

Serena was about to go upstairs before I asked her, "So, um you didn't know Connor or Wesley before this summer right?"

"No, I already told you that," She said faking confusion.

"Really? Are you sure about that?" I asked accusingly.

"Yeah," She said slowly.

"So, what was that picture of you and Connor then?" I asked bluntly.

"You went in my room," She said outraged knowing which picture I was tlaking about.

"Something tells me if I hadn't found that picture you wouldn't have minded, and I went in to get movies," I said gesturing to the movies.

"Fine! I knew Connor before this summer, but it wasn't like that, I only met him once, okay? and I said I didn't know him because I really don't, I met him one time," She said pleading for me to believe her. I let it go...for now.

"What movie do you want to watch?" I asked changing the topic.

"Um..how about a romance?" She asked sheepishly.

"Yeah... I kinda wanna see a scary movie," I said shrugging, "When are Lara and Lauren coming over?" I asked.

"About three," Serena replied.

"Cool," Was all I replied before I went for a walk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No, scary movie," Lara screamed. I sat there massaging my head. Another fight, over what movie we were gonna watch. At this rate we wouldn't be watching anything!

"Okay, lets just watch the romance," I said getting annoyed.

"Seriously, why do you always go and side with them at the end?" Lara questioned.

"Because, I really don't mind a romance," I replied honestly, if I really badly wanted to watch a scary movie then that's what we would have watched.

I looked at the time on my royal blue watch and saw I still had one hour and a half before Connor came to pick me up, and all I wanted to do was go to sleep!

I sat on the floor leaning on the white sofa, Lara was sitting on the sofa and Serena was sitting in the armchair which Lauren sat next to me on the floor leaning against another sofa.

Half way through the movie, Lauren nudged me slightly, "You okay?" She whispered.

"Yeah," I smiled at her genuinely.

"Alison?" She questioned.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"You know Leo, he really is sorry," She said calmly.

"I looked at her, I was about to say something, then it clicked, "You knew?" I said shocked.

"No, I don't even know fully what happened, but I know hes sorry," She said before turning her head back to the movie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went up a few minutes before Connor said he would pick me up, so I could just touch up my make up a little, my outfit was already cute enough for the date since I was wearing, a tank top with brown shorts and tights along with ankle boots. I stared at my reflection in the long mirror to check I looked perfect.

I put my hand in the pocket of my shorts and took out the picture I had stole of Leo and Serena. I sat on the blue bean bag in my room and surveyed it carefully.

"So, you ready for out date?" Connor said walking in. I jumped slightly.

I quickly put the photo in my vanity drawer when Connor wasn't looking and walked out of the room, "Yeah, I'm ready," I said simply.

"Bye guys, see you later," I said as I walked out of the house, Connor slightly behind me. 

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously as I got into Connors car.

He didn't say anything for a while, then he said, "How about I will tell you if you kiss me?" Connor suggested. I blushed slightly, I wasn't very experienced in the world of dating.

I could say 'no' but that would make me look and sound weird, and I couldnt exactly just kiss him, but I did want to kiss him, really badly.

I leaned over slightly, and our lips brushed slightly, I kissed him for a few seconds his lips moving perfectly against mine, before I decided to speak up. "So, where are we going?" I asked again.

"How about if you kiss me again-" Connor started raising his eyebrows smirking.

"Shut up, and tell me," I pleaded.

"Fine, were going bowling," He said slowly.

"really, cool," I was actually ecstatic, I loved bowling and I was very good at it, since I used to go with my family all the time.

The ride was only a few minutes long so we didn't get to talk much. The bowling place was very vibrant, filled with blue and green lights.

We grabbed our bowling shoes and headed over to our lane, which was the one at the end in the corner.

"You want me to teach you how to play?" Connor asked clearly mocking me.

"Haha, so funny but I think you'll find that I can bowl really well, but its okay i'll wipe your tears when you lose," I said teasing him.

"Oh, your on," He said not believing I would be any good.

"How about we have a bet?" Connor suggested.

I smiled, "Okay..." I said trying to be confident.

"Hmm...If I win you have to tell me about your nightmares," He said after some thought, okay...maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

I tried to sound confident when I said, "Fine! But...if I win you have to eat whatever I choose and then write an essay about a book of my choice," I said smirking. I knew how much Connor hated any type of work.

He grunted, "Okay...but that's two,"he said whining.

"What? scared your gonna lose?" I asked teasing him some more.

"Fine," He said grudgingly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had been playing the game for quite sometime now, it might be a game to him, but I don't think I was ready to tell anyone my secret again, after what had happened with Leo and I was getting a little worried considering I was losing and it was nearing the end of the game. Connor was better than I had thought.

I looked at the leader board and saw that I needed to get a strike and a spare to win. It was my turn to bowl, I picked up the yellow ball which was the lightest and bowled. I made a funny face trying to get a strike. Instead it hit all the pins apart from two. I sighed, getting another ball and hitting the two remaining pins.

Now, all I needed was a strike. "Good, but not as good as me," Connor said smirking. I glared at him playfully.

At the end of the game, my heart dropped. We had drawed, which meant either we both had to do the bet, or neither of us had to and I knew what Connor would want.

"Looks like we drew, so none of us have to do the bet," I said simply.

"No, it means we both have to do the bet," Connor said smirking.

"No it doesn't," I argued.

Connor started going up to a large group of people, "What are you doing?" I asked worriedly.

"Were gonna ask those people what they think, and then its fair right?" He asked.

I guess it was, but I really didn't want to do the bet so I said, "No-" But Connor was already talking to them, and guess what? I had to do my bet.

How was I going to get out of this one? I would get Serena to help me, I thought to myself hoping she would know what to do. I didn't want to tell Connor my secret.

"So, you wanna go first?" Connor asked me when we got into the car obviously referring to the bet.

"Please, tell me I swear I wont tease you, I'm sorry about the party," he said stroking my cheek with his hand.

"I'll tell you, but later okay? Its a really long story," I said trying to buy some time.

"Fine," He said letting it go, but I had a feeling he wasn't done with it.

"What about your dare?" I asked trying to change the subject.

He smirked. "I might need to come to your house for that one."

"Well then what are we waiting for?" I asked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we got back to the beach house, it was late and so Serena was asleep and the house was dark.

I turned on the spot lights  to the living room and kitchen and went straight to my fridge, but then I remembered, if I made him do this bet then I would have to tell him.

So, I did something I usually wouldn't do.

"Oh god, what are you going to make me eat?" He asked nervous.

I sat on the kitchen counter, with Connor standing in front of me. I whispered in his ear. "I have a better idea," I said as we started making out, Connor bit my neck slightly as I moaned.

"There are other people living here you know," Serena notified us. She was standing there with Lauren. We both jumped slightly.

"Yeah, I should get going its late," Connor said rubbing the back of his head slightly before leaving,

"I'll um..see you tomorrow Ali," He said smiling.

I smiled back, but tomorrow? I was going to see him tomorrow...even though I was looking forward to seeing him again. I couldn't help the butterflies in my stomach from the slight fear.

"Tell me everything," Serena said as soon as the door closed behind him, and I did, missing out the nightmares bit until Lauren went back upstairs. 

"Wait, why was Lauren staying here?" I said my thoughts out loud.

"We thought we would have a sleepover," She said shrugging before going back to talking about me and Connor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 31.8K 31
Zack: heartthrob of Miami with an amazing body and an impressive bank account; but he can't flirt. Ella: Beautiful, wanted, incredibly flirty... And...
84.7K 1.7K 81
Good grades, affluence, and opportunities, Sophia Parrish has everything a 17-year old girl could possibly want. That is, until a summer vacation wit...
393K 16.1K 44
Alexandra Hale is the perfect, lovable girl-next-door who has a hatred for thumping music and a soft spot for her hyperactive friend. Parker Wesley...
2.5K 232 42
Mora has only ever focused on one thing. Her brother and their two best friends. Not a care in the world, except what kind of toppings they would eat...