One of a Kind {Regulus Black...

By turkishdelight228

'We were the perfect love story between the sun and moon...until the world got in the way. And when the world... More

From the Beginning
Long Trip
Almost at Hogwarts
Sorting
New Adventure
First Day (pt. 1)
First Day (pt. 2)
After the fight
The plan
Regulus Arcturus Black
Hagrid's hut
Secrets
Practice
Astronomy Tower
Galton Scamander
Fancy
Better than the Marauders
Idea
Quidditch
Eternity
Ace of Cups
Courtyard
Marauder's Map (part 2)
Marauder's Map (part 3)
Hogsmeade (part 1): Alone
Hogsmeade (part 2): Paisley
Cliffside Paradise
Midnight Ball
‼A/N‼
Clair de Lune
A/N: Timothée Chalamet 🧎‍♀️😫
Dear Sirius
Mushroom Path
A/N
Pre-game Drama
Slytherin vs. Gryffindor
Holiday Plans
First Snow Day
Potter's
No-maj Town
A Black by Blood
Christmas Party of 1975
You
New Year's Secret
Back to Hogwarts
Hogsmeade (Again)
Everybody
Moony
Yellow Rose

Marauder's Map (part 1)

3.7K 151 187
By turkishdelight228

Remus's pov

I was laying in my bed the day of the full moon. I accidentally overslept and missed breakfast.

'I hate this.'

I was in no mood to do anything, but I had to study with (y/n) for our future O.W.L.s. I got out of bed and got dressed. Once I was finished, I aggressively grabbed my book bag and head down to the library.

Deep in the library I saw (y/n). She was looking over at someone, I'm suspecting it was Scamander. (Y/n) told the Marauders and I about their little date, but now it seemed different between the two.

"Hey." I grunted and sat next her.

"Hello Remus. I didn't see you at breakfast. I was in the Great Hall the whole morning."

"Just woke up late. I'll stop by the kitchen after we study."

(Y/n) and I started to study for our future O.W.L. exams. An hour passed by and (y/n) kept getting distracted by Galton, who was now sitting with a Ravenclaw girl. While (y/n) was preoccupied with stalking Scamander, I just became hungrier and hungrier. The whole time studying I had a horrible headache and my body was stinging. I wasn't only in a bad mood. There was silver around. I looked at (y/n)'s rings. No silver, just gold.

"That must be the Ravenclaw he was gushing over." (Y/n) whispered to me, not looking away from the two. "I can't blame him. She's beautiful."

It's been 3 days since their date and (y/n) wasn't over it. Right now, I didn't want to listen to (y/n)'s boy drama. "Suck it up, you'll survive." I replied.

"Is everything alright? You seem so...tense."

"How do you know I'm not always like this?"

"Well-"

"No." I snapped, "You don't know. You don't know a thing about me or about Hogwarts or about anything."

"Why are you acting like this?" She asked.

"Why not?" I shrugged.

"Remus calm down."

"Who says I have to listen to you? You're so used to controlling people, it's like you need to know everything. Like I've said before, you don't know anything so shut up."

(Y/n) slammed a book closed. She stared straight into my eyes.

"Fuck you, Remus." Is all she said and then she left. I watched her walk towards the exit of the library. Something told me to go after her and apologize, but something was much stronger.

'Fuck this, I'm hungry.' I grunted and left the library.

~~~

(Y/N)'s pov

I left the library and angry, hot tears started to fill my eyes.

'Why is he being such an ass? I didn't do anything wrong.'

"(Y/n)?" Someone called. I turned to see who but quickly turned back as soon as I found out.

"Not now, James." I groaned.

"No, what's wrong?" James grabbed my hand and pulled me to an empty room. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine.

"It's Remus." I sighed. James expression suddenly changed.

"What? What about Remus?" James asked anxiously.

"He's acting so rude and moody for no reason. He's being a complete ass." I complained.

"Listen...Remus isn't feeling very well and his day has been bad so far. He can also be hungry. I heard he missed breakfast." James said, crossing his arms.

"Are you seriously defending him?" I scoffed, "I understand he's your best friend and all, but just because someone isn't having a 'good day', it doesn't give them the excuse to ruin everybody else's."

"You don't understand. Remus is having it rough-"

"How?" I asked sternly. James un-crossed his arms and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I-I can't tell you. It's Remus's secret to tell."

"Secret?" I questioned curiously. His expression dropped realizing what he just said.

"I got to go." James muttered.

"Ja-" I began but James left me in the empty room all by myself.

~~~

'What secret?' I laid in bed and tried my very best to fall asleep but I couldn't. The full moon was bright and it's light shined through the curtains. It's as if each week I had to go one night restless. I was still wondering about Remus and the way he acted infuriated me. 'I'll talk to Regulus about it tomorrow.' I noted to myself and rolled to my side.

I couldn't do this anymore. I got out of bed and walked down the stairs towards the common room. But before I got to the bottom of the stairs, I heard whispers.

"Prongs, are you sure this will work?"

"Yes, Wormtail. Relax."

Curiously, I looked into the common room. I saw the Marauders, but only Remus wasn't there.

"Pads, got the cloak?"

"Got it." I looked closely to see that Sirius, or 'Pads', was holding a cloak. I then looked at Peter, that seemed to be 'Wormtail'. That means 'Prongs' was James. In James's hand, I noticed he was holding something. I focused on what James was holding.

'I've seen that before!' In his hand was a piece of parchment, the same one I saw him holding the most recent time I couldn't sleep.

"Prongs." Sirius whispered, "Where's Moony?"

'Moony must be Remus!' I figured. 'They have nicknames for each other.' I continued to stalk the boys.

"Let me see..." James brought out his wand and quoted, "I'm solemnly swear that I'm up to no good."

He tapped his wand on the paper and ink filled the parchment. The plain parchment was now a map.

'A marauder secret!' My jaw dropped and my eyes widened.

"Looks like he's with Pompfrey." James said, looking at the map. I focused harder.

'Oh my Godric Gryffindor! That map tracks people!' My jaw dropped even more. All sorts of wonders filled my head, 'Does it track me? Does it track everyone? But if it tracks everyone that means...the Marauders can find out about Regulus...'

"They're almost there," James huffed, "we should go."

''There'? What's 'there'?'

"Good idea." Sirius agreed.

"Wormtail, will you do the honor?" James smiled looking at Peter and then at the map.

Peter smiled and cleared his throat, "Mischief managed." He tapped his wand on the map and just like that, the map turned back into a plain piece of parchment. They all smiled at each other. They were planning something, but what?

"Under the cloak." Sirius smiled and threw the cloak over the other two Marauders. They...disappeared? Sirius joined the two underneath the cloak.

'They have an invisibility cloak too?!' I didn't think it was possible, but jaw dropped even more and my eyes were so wide, they can just pop out.

I heard them whisper, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. I saw the portrait hole open and then close. They were gone. I walked into the common room and plopped on the couch.

'I have to tell Regulus.'

~~~

Thank Godric Gryffindor I was meeting up with Regulus this afternoon.

Last night, after the Marauders left, I decided to make a plan. I'll see if I can go up the boys' dorm, if I can't...oh well. But if I can...I sneak into the Marauders dorm and grab their map to "borrow" it, so Regulus and I can find a way to stop it from tracking us.

By now, it was 12 p.m. and I got dressed. I'm hoping the Marauders weren't in their dorms and that no one was in the common room. I walked down to the common room and it was empty except for a kissing couple. I crept around them and went to the boys' dorm staircase. I faced the first few steps.

'Please don't turn into a slide, please don't turn into a slide, please don't turn into a slide...' I wished as I took my first step. Nothing happened. I took another step. Nothing. I walked up the stairs carefully, just in case. Once I reached the top I looked at the staircase.

'Thank Godric.' I let out a sigh of relief.

I began to look for the 5th year boys' dorm and cautiously passed by each opened door. I finally reached the door I wanted. The door was shut closed and it was silent inside.

'It's possible they casted 'muffliato' and they were inside their dorm right now.' I thought but shook those possibilities away. I slowly grabbed the door knob. I turned the knob and opened the door. The dorm was empty. I let out a small 'phew.' I then started to look around their dorm. Each bed had their own "style".

'Whose bed was whose?' I wondered. One bed was surrounded by stacked books.

'Remus.' I automatically answered to myself.

Another one that was nice and tidy with quidditch posters and flags.

'James.'

One bed with no-maj posters and albums and it was a (pretty big) mess.

'Sirius.'

I looked to the final bed that had work scattered everywhere and a large bag of chocolate frogs by the pillow.

'Peter.'

I began to focus and started to search for the map. After a few minutes, I ended up finding stinky socks and a few magazines. I put my hand underneath Sirius's bed hoping that I don't find something I'll regret. I patted my hand around and I felt some sort of paper. I tightened my grip and pulled the paper out. It wasn't the map, but it seemed to be something much more important.

"A MUGGLE-BORN AND HIS FAMILY FOUND DEAD" The title read. The newspaper was called "The Daily Prophet". I skimmed through the paper. It said many things about war, death, and...Voldemort. What I read worried me but decided to focus on the map. I shoved the paper back where I found it. I stood straight up.

'What am I doing? I have magic.'

"Accio map." I summoned.

Nothing.

'Perhaps I have to be specific...but what is the map called? Well, it's the Marauders' map, isn't that specific enough?'

"Accio Marauder's Map." I casted and a piece of parchment flew from one of Peter's parchment piles and slapped the back of my head and it fell to the ground. I picked up the parchment, "I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good." I did what James did the night before, I tapped my wand against the parchment. The map started to reveal itself. I looked at where I was standing and the map had my name as well as footsteps that was facing the same way my feet was facing. "Cool." I smirked. I looked for Regulus and he was outside of the library, then I looked for Remus. I looked throughout the map and saw that Remus was in the Hospital Wing.

'What's wrong with Remus?' I wondered but quickly moved on. Galton was with a girl named Patricia. She's probably the Ravenclaw. Moving on, I looked for the other marauders.

"Oh my Godric!" I gasped. They were only a few steps from the Gryffindor Tower. "Mischief managed." I said and quickly ran down the boys dorm and crept by the kissing couple and a few students who just started a game of chess. Once I got passed them, I ran to my dorm and slammed the door.

~~~

Peter's pov

"Oi Wormtail." Prongs called.

"Hmm?" I squeaked. Prongs and Padfoot went on a early quidditch practice with each other and I went to watch.

'It seemed so different.' Moony said earlier today when the sun just started to rise. Our plan about becoming animagus for Moony worked! Surprisingly, we weren't super tired and went to the quidditch pitch. Now, we were in the Gryffindor common room.

"Why don't grab you go and get the map?" Padfoot mischievously smirked. He was up to something.

"Okay!" I said and ran up the dormitory staircase and into our dorm. I stood in the middle of the dorm room. Our room didn't seem so private anymore. It felt...invaded. I then focused on the map. I walked over to my pile of parchment and started to look through it. It...it wasn't there. I stood up straight, "Accio Marauder's Map." I casted nervously. Nothing came. "Accio Marauder's Map." I said firmly. Nothing. "Uh-oh."

"Oi, what's taking so long?" Padfoot asked, clearly annoyed. He was standing by the door frame and Prongs stood behind him.

I turned my head slowly at them, "I-It's not h-here..." I anxiously responded.

"WHAT?!"

~~~

Regulus's pov

I was at the cottage before (y/n). I was playing with my rings and sat on the porch waiting for her.

"Regulus!" I heard. My head jerked up and saw (y/n) running towards me. I sat up and dusted off my robes.

"Took you long enough." I huffed.

"Not now, Regulus." She said and opened the door. (Y/n) grabbed my hand, dragging me to the window seat in the hallway and told me to sit.

"What?"

"Look." She demanded and showed me a piece of parchment.

"What exactly am I looking at?" I asked unamusingly. (Y/n) sat beside me on the widow seat.

(Y/n) cleared her throat, "I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good." She tapped her wand on the parchment and everything began to show. (Y/n) handed me the 'parchment'.

"Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present...the Marauder's Map?" I read. "(Y/n), what is this?"

"Open it." She commanded, and so I did. It revealed...everything. It was a map of the entire school, and it was tracking everyone. I saw that there were footsteps in the middle of the forest titled with "Regulus Black" and "(y/n) (l/n)".

I looked up at (y/n), "This map shows..."

"Everyone."

"Everyone?"

"Everyone." She confirmed, "Everywhere they are, what they're doing, every minute of every day." My eyes went wide. I looked back at the map. I looked for the Marauders. Only three of the four were in their dorm scurring around.

"This isn't your map?"

"It's the Marauders'." (Y/n) answered, "Didn't you read the title? Those names are the Marauders' nicknames. I found out last night."

"(Y/n)...did you steal this?" I specified the word 'steal'.

"It's called 'borrowing', and I did it for the sake of our friendship. We can find a way to stop it."

"Alright. What's your plan?" I crossed my arms with the map in my hand.

"I don't know yet." (Y/n) responded.

"You don't know?!"

"Yet! Let's keep it until we find a way to make it stop tracking the two of us."

"That's too suspicious," I replied, "we'll have to un-track a couple other people so the Marauders will think their map is broken." I said.

"Regulus you're an absolute genius!" (Y/n) beamed at me.

"Is there anything else the Marauders are hiding?"

"I just know about the map and that they have an invisibility cloak."

"What? They have a- uh- okay. Let's just keep this to the side. We have other things to talk about." I said and looked at the map confusingly.  "How do I...?"

"Oh! All you have to say is "mischief managed", otherwise anyone can see it."

"Mischief managed." I said and tapped the map with my wand. The ink disappeared and the map was an ordinary piece of parchment paper now. I placed the parchment beside me. "Did you find something? You know, about alerting each other or something."

"Yes! I have it in my bag here." She said and brought out two gorgeous rings.

"I don't know what your idea is, but I want that one." I pointed to the ring with obsidian.

"I know, I want the ruby one either way. Anyways, my plan is..." She brought out two books, "this." She opened the book to the alerting charm on one page. She flipped through the other book and landed on a page about the connection charm. I immediately caught on.

"We connect the two rings together and when we cast the alerting charm, it will alert one another."

"Exactly." She smiled proudly.

"Brilliant."

"Did you find anything about the boggart?" (Y/n) asked.

"Not really. We can just put the wardrobe outside and make sure the boggarts leaves overnight."

"I guess that's a good idea."

I shrugged, "So, how far have you gone with the rings?"

"I barely got anywhere. I have no idea how it'll alert us either."

"Let's try to connect the two. You try first." I responded and (y/n) took a deep breath.

"Coniunctio."

Nothing happened.

"You try." (Y/n) said.

"Coniunctio." I casted.

We took turns and this went on for ten minutes, but nothing advanced.

"Are we doing something wrong?"
(Y/n) asked helplessly.

"I think we are..." I murmured.

"What do you mean?"

"Let's try it at the same time." I suggested and looked at (y/n). (Y/n) came to the same realization and agreed.

"On three." She said.

"One." I counted.

"Two." (Y/n) continued.

"Three." I finished.

"Coniunctio!" We both casted and the rings started to glow. The rings glowed for a few seconds and then began to dim.

"Did it work?" (Y/n) asked.

"Let's see." I grabbed my ring and
(y/n) grabbed hers. We slipped on our rings and placed them on our middle fingers. "I'll go in the loo, you go in the kitchen, alright?"

"Alright." (Y/n) nodded and walked to the kitchen. I stood up and went to the loo.

I closed the door and switched on the light. I waited a few minutes for (y/n) to alert me. A few seconds later I felt tingles in my body, especially my hands, and looked down at my ring. It was glowing.

'It's working.' I smiled.

"Alertar (y/n) (l/n)." I casted but then (y/n) opened the loo door.

"You have to kiss it!" She yelled.

"What?"

"Kiss the ring to confirm."

I sighed, "(Y/n)-"

"Just do it." (Y/n) interrupted.

"Fine. Alertar (y/n) (l/n)." I hesitantly kissed the ring, then I noticed her ring began to glow.

"We did it!" (Y/n) beamed.

"We did it!" I laughed and (y/n) leaped into my arms. She had her hands around my neck and my hands was around her waist. (Y/n) was so close, I felt her heartbeat against mine. She was hugging me. I felt my cheeks heat up as I hugged her back. A few seconds passed in the hugging position until (y/n) finally pulled away.

"Sorry...I guess I got a little excited." She blushed.

"It's alright." I replied, but in the back of my head I kept asking myself,

'Did I want her to let go?'

"Now that we have this sorted out," She pointed at our rings, "we should find a way to stop the whole tracking thing." (Y/n) suggested.

"Yeah, good idea."

A/N: The charm on the Marauder's Map is called the Homonculous charm and I can't find anything that stops it so I need to figure out something 🧍‍♀️. I'll probably create a charm or jinx 😗✌🏼. I love my long chapters and I love the ending 😏. I felt bad about posting so late for the last chapter, so I started to write this chapter so it can be published sometime after. I hoped you liked this chapter *or at least part one*! Thank you so much for reading it and I love you!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 90 14
Marauders era 1977-1978 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ,,Can I sit here?" the girl asked standing in the door to the train apartment. T...
23.8K 579 13
"I don't know what you're all upset about Lily," Marlene said carefully, "This whole dance was your idea. You did know that dances require dates, rig...
689 41 19
"You're just a spineless, big-headed, moron Potter. Why on earth would I go out with a fleabag like you?" "It's just, James Potter!" says Sirius, lea...
71.3K 1.4K 22
So I recently started to read soulmate era stories and that lead to poly stories somehow. I really like them and apparently lots of other people do t...