Trust No One

By Sonu2314

Annabeth Chase is a special agent in training at Lake Valor, a convert organization within the United States... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Thank U, Next

Chapter 1

3.5K 66 14
By Sonu2314

Annabeth POV

My hands were enclosed into fists. A white textile cloth was wrapped around my knuckles to give a softer blowback when I punched. 

I struck the punching bag hard. 

The black leather bag swayed to my punch before I struck it again. Sweat dripped from my forehead and soaked my gray tank top. 

I had been in the training center for over an hour now. The punching bag was a good way to alleviate stress, but it wasn't working. 

I was pretty sure that nothing would work today. 

"Annabeth, it's almost time for the ceremony," Piper said as she entered the training center. 

Piper was a fellow trainee and also my roommate. We had become very good friends since our training at Lake Valor started a year and a half ago. Piper was a natural beauty, and her specialty involved coercion. 

"I know, Piper," I said with a pant as I grabbed my water bottle. 

Piper was wearing a simple black dress. It was perfect for a service ceremony to commemorate the dead. 

"I don't think that I want to come," I said firmly. 

"Annabeth, this isn't just any funeral service ceremony. Percy Jackson was one of Lake Valor's finest agents and our mentor," Piper informed me. 

Percy was so much more than that to me.  

Of course, Piper didn't know that. As far as I knew, no one found out about Percy's and my relationship. It started a secret, and it died a secret along with Percy. 

"Annabeth, it would be disrespectful to not go," Piper said firmly. 

"Yeah, you're right, Piper," I agreed. I followed Piper to the locker rooms. I had told Piper to bring me a black dress from our room. 

"I'll wait for you outside," Piper said solemnly as she handed me my bag. 

I nodded before stepping into the locker rooms. it was empty because I was pretty sure that everyone was already on their way to Percy's service ceremony. 

I let out a shaky breath before sitting down on the wooden bench next to my locker. 

I ran my fingers through my hair before taking off my tank top. I'd definitely have to shower considering I was sweating and tired. 

In the shower, I relished the feel of the warm water flowing down my skin. 

Suddenly, I felt soft lips press against my shoulder. I gasped as I whirled around, but (of course) nobody was there. It was a flashback of Percy. 

Gods, I missed him so much. 

Our relationship was kept a secret because Percy was already an agent and my mentor. It was forbidden for a special agent/supervisor to fraternize with the trainees. However, Percy and I just clicked, and our relationship was practically inevitable. 

But, now, Percy Jackson was gone. 

It's been 6 months since he went missing. According to protocol, it was time to pronounce him dead because that was likely what happened. 

I quickly shook my head to reset my mind. 

I couldn't start crying because I knew that I wouldn't stop.

I quickly finished getting ready and met Piper outside. She was talking on the phone, probably with her boyfriend. 

"Hey, Piper, I'm ready," I said. 

"Perfect timing, Annabeth," she said. "Jason just arrived to drive us to the service." 

Jason was Piper's boyfriend for a few months. He wasn't a special agent. Instead, he worked as a military soldier for Lake Valor, so Piper and Jason were allowed to date. 

Jason was also Percy's best friend. 

According to Percy, the Grace siblings (Jason and Thalia) were like family to him. 

I watched as Piper tightly hugged Jason as soon as we stepped outside. Jason was wearing a black suit, and his expressions were so sad. 

I could see the stormy tears in his blue eyes as he nodded at me. 

Thalia was in the passenger seat with dark sunglasses on. I've only met her a few times, and she seemed like the type not to show weakness. However, I could tell that she was grieving and emotional about losing Percy (who was probably like another brother for her). 

We got to the ceremony quickly. 

As expected, it was a very sad occasion. Percy was a high celebrated agent. Despite his young age, he managed to get far in Lake Valor. 

Everyone respected him as a gifted and kind special agent. 

Chiron had a speech ready about Percy, who was definitely one of his most favorite and successful students. 

Chiron was the Director of training at Lake Valor. He oversaw the training that recruits such as Piper and myself go through. 

I had to step away from the crowd. It hurt too much to think that Percy was dead. 

I noticed Percy's beautiful mother, Sally Jackson, crying in the front row. I felt tears spark in my own eyes. As a trainee, I learned to control my emotions. However, I couldn't control them now no matter how hard I tried. 

I decided to leave the ceremony midway. 

I couldn't be here and pretend that Percy was simply my trainer and colleague. He was so much more than that. I just wished that I was able to tell him that. 

Instead, the last time that I saw him, we had gotten into a fight. 

Percy had told me that he loved me. Our relationship wasn't supposed to go beyond the physical stuff, but we both knew that we were long past that stage. 

But, it was forbidden to date him. 

I could lose everything that I worked for. 

I was scared, and I tried to break it off with him even though I had deep feelings for him too. Then, we fought literally an hour before Percy went on his mission. 

I hated that the last thing I told him was that we should break up. I hated that our last conversation ended with him thinking that I didn't like him. 

As I walked back to the trainee dorms, the memories of Percy flooded through my mind, and I couldn't stop the tears any longer. 

Why did we (I) have to lose Percy? 

***

A week passed since Percy was pronounced dead. 

Lake Valor continued to operate as an elite secret organization, but the solemn atmosphere lingered amongst the agents and trainees. 

"Come on, Connor, you're better than that," I said as I blocked his kick. 

His hand came out for a punch, but I easily grabbed his wrist. I used his own momentum to sidestep and push him to the ground. 

Connor quickly flipped back onto his feet and threw another punch. 

I was expecting it, though. I parried and kneed his stomach. Then, I spun with my arm outstretched to strike him in the neck. My foot kicked his ankle at the same time. 

Connor Stoll groaned as he laid on the floor. 

"I guess you still can't beat me," I said as I reached out my hang. 

He simply huffed in frustration before taking my hand. I pulled him back onto his feet as Chiron blew an attention whistle. 

All of the recruits went towards Chiron. 

Lake Valor always selected 25 recruits every two years for training. It wasn't a guarantee that all of us would make it through training. Our group already lost seven individuals, and we still had eight months of rigorous training to go. 

"I have good news, recruits, you all are getting your first assignment," Chiron said firmly. 

Almost everyone started murmuring about the details. I was surprised that we were getting a real assignment out in the field. 

"I believe that you all are ready for a simple raid and dismantle. Also, you'll have to save any innocents that you run into, of course," Chiron explained. 

"Where is the mission?" Katie Gardner asked. 

"You will be dismantling a BlodgeHarm facility that one of our advanced agents scoped out. There will be special agents guiding you all in the field," Chiron said. 

"Is this like a mock situation or actual?" Connor asked. 

I understood why he asked the question. BlodgeHarm was an international terrorist organization. 

This mission was a big deal, so it seemed weird to get new recruits involved. 

"This is a 100% real mission. Lake Valor has been fighting BlodgeHarm for decades. Taking down a major facility is a great blow for them," Chiron explained. 

"You recruits have to start somewhere. I believe that this mission will be a good first experience, especially since our military soldiers and several current special agents including myself will be joining you," Agent La Rue said boldly as she walked up. 

Agent Clarisse La Rue was known to be tough and scary but also a fine agent. 

I could sense the nervousness and the excitement in the air. 

"When is the mission?" I asked. 

Agent Clarisse turned towards the group again. "Tomorrow, so you all should rest and get prepared tonight," she said firmly. 

All of the recruits nodded obediently.

I was hesitantly excited. This would be my first mission at Lake Valor, which was a big deal. Saving the world and the people was the purpose of my training.   

Taking down terrorist organizations like BlodgeHarm was the first step. 

Piper joined me on our way back to our dorm. We talked about the details of the mission that were explained to us. 

We had trained for missions like these. We were prepared. 

However, anything could happen on a real mission in the real world. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that everyone enjoys this story. I am very excited to be writing this story. Also, check out my other novels if you haven't already :)

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE: READ + VOTE + SHARE + COMMENT + FOLLOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 5.3K 22
Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase have had many adventures together as demigods. They've always had secret crushes on each other, but never revealed i...
560K 15.7K 24
Life doesn't always work out the way we want it to. Percy Jackson never meant for any of this to happen. His girlfriend, Annabeth Chase, was gone. Hi...
3.4K 84 15
Annabeth is part of the Chases, the family that runs one of the departments of the Magistrates. Annabeth's father, Frederick, runs this department. I...
131K 3.3K 47
(#1 Camp-HalfBlood 8-8-2018) (#1 darkpercy 20-10-2018) Sequel to Wanted. Five years ago, she lost her friends, her family and her lover. But most i...