The Prince of Nothing || Dr...

By simply_bluebird

Dream had a mission to kill the prince... but instead chose a different option. Will George choose to side w... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
a/n - read or die

5

2.4K 121 194
By simply_bluebird

George's POV

George stood in front of a group of people, who were all watching him curiously.

"Uh, let me introduce you to the team!" Dream exclaimed, happy that Wilbur was letting George live.

"That's Bad on the chair over there," Dream started, pointing at a brown-haired man with a kind smile, "he's kinda the brains of the team. Bad does a lot of the planning and strategizing."

"Hello!" Bad greeted, "Nice to meet you—Prince?"

Everyone looked at him questioningly and George furrowed his eyebrows before realizing what Bad was asking.

"Oh... you can call me George, I guess," George muttered.

Bad gave him a smile and Dream spoke up again, "You've sorta met Techno already. He's part of the team's muscle and actively goes on missions. Sapnap and I do as well."

Techno huffed a "hello" before picking at his nails with his dagger.

George cringed and turned to the two boys sitting next to each other on a couch.

"And that's Tommy and Tubbo!" Dream exclaimed, "They are the team's newest recruits. They're both too young to go on missions, so Techno, Sap, and I train them."

"Hello!" the blond-haired one shouted, "I'm Tommy! Is it okay of I call you bitchboy? I'm going to call you bitchboy!"

George raised his eyebrows at his outgoing nature. He shrugged, truthfully he didn't care what he was called as long as he wasn't going to die.

"Great! Now that you've met everyone it's time for the tour!" Sapnap exclaimed happily.

George wondered why they were all so happy, except for Techno, who was still fiddling with his dagger.

"No tour yet Sapnap," Dream said, "we need to make sure he isn't going to try to escape."

Sapnap sighed sadly.

Dream took George to a separate, smaller room. It seemed to look an awful lot like an interrogation room. Dream pulled out a chair and sat down, gesturing for George to sit across from him. George reluctantly sat down.

Dream studied George quietly, making George squirm uncomfortably in his seat.

"I'm not going to join your side," George said, breaking the silence.

"Why not?"

George gave him an incredulous look. "Why not?! You kidnapped me for starters. Now I'm here at this foreign place with complete strangers and a timer counting down to my eventual death."

Dream tilted his head. "You won't die if you join our side."

"I'm not joining your side," George said stubbornly.

"Do you even know what our goal is?"

"To overthrow my father."

Dream shook his head. "Not just that. We want the people of the kingdom to live free lives. We want to overthrow Schlatt to create a better governing system, one that doesn't hurt its people."

"My father doesn't hurt his people."

"What do you mean he doesn't hurt his people?! Do you not go outside? People starve to death daily because you and your father keep all the food inside the castle walls! Your father has torture chambers below the castle where he manipulates people to get information!"

George's eyes widened, "That's not true."

Dream scoffed. "Then you're a blind fool."

George glared at him and crossed his arms. He hesitated before admitting, "I'm not allowed outside the castle walls or in the cellars. I rarely see my father, let alone his plans. He doesn't involve me in anything, so I'm probably dead to your team anyways. You might as well kill me now."

Dream sat back in his seat. "You weren't allowed outside?"

George's gaze narrowed, but he said nothing.

"No wonder you're so pale." Dream muttered.

George stiffened, "Sorry I don't have a complexion that pleases you."

Dream sat up straight. "That's not what I m-"

George interrupted him, "Not everyone is as lucky enough to have a safe and familial environment like you, Dream."

Dream cringed. "I didn't mean it that way."

George scoffed and looked away. "Whatever."

"Do you trust me?" Dream asked out of nowhere.

George looked up curiously. "How am I supposed to trust you if I don't even know what you look like?"

"You can see my face when you've earned it," Dream replied and George scrunched his nose, "but answer the question. Do you trust me?"

"No," George said after a moment, "no, I don't trust you Dream."

Dream sighed. "Fair enough."

They sat in silence for several long moments. George had to stare at Dream's creepy mask. He didn't like how Dream was studying him and how George couldn't see his expressions. It felt unnatural. George looked away.

"Can I show you something?" Dream asked.

"Do I really have a choice?" George replied sarcastically, but he was curious. Did he have a choice?

"You don't have to come if you don't want to, but you'll regret it." Dream said.

George could hear the arrogance in his tone. He sighed. "Fine."

Dream took George down several hallways and George tried to memorize everything, causing a headache to form. He rubbed his temples and continued to follow Dream. They stopped in front of a door and Dream pushed it open. George gasped.

Inside the room was a garden of sorts. There were plants, herbs, and flowers organized all around. George could identify almost all of them. Some were more difficult than others because he couldn't differentiate the shades, but he recognized leaves and petal shapes. He wandered through the room in awe. A few bees buzzed around him as they pollenated the plants.

George closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. The aroma was very pleasing. He opened his eyes and looked to Dream, who was still standing by the door. He observed George quietly.

"This is Tubbo's garden," Dream said, "he takes a lot of pride in it. Especially the bees."

"It's beautiful," George breathed.

"I figured you would like it," Dream paused, "since you weren't allowed outside."

George nodded appreciatively. He stroked a soft petal on a blue flower in front of him and asked, "Do you have a favorite?"

Dream nodded and walked to a group of flowers, "I like these."

George walked to him and hummed in approval, "Gladioluses, good choice. They are very pretty."

Dream tilted his head curiously. "I didn't know their name. How do you know?"

George shrugged and studied the flowers. "I had a lot of free time to read."

Dream didn't respond. He just observed George, who was still looking at Dream's flower. The gladiolus flower was unique. It came in a variety of colors. The flower symbolized faith, integrity, and infatuation. George decided to tuck that knowledge in the back of his mind. He wondered if that was an accurate description of Dream.

"Do you have a favorite?" Dream asked curiously.

George chewed on his lip as he thought. He nodded slowly and walked to a group of flowers by the wall. He gestured to the colorful flowers, "I like these ones... chrysanthemums."

Dream looked at the flowers. George liked the darker colored chrysanthemums, which he assumed were purple or blue. He tried to remember what they symbolized. A switch flicked in his head and George remembered they stood for friendship, loyalty, and devotion.

George looked to Dream. Was Dream his friend?

No, he was George's captor.

And George was loyal and devoted to his kingdom and his father.

If he could fake an alliance he could get Dream to trust him. Then it would be easier to escape.

George just needed to be patient.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 5.6K 28
George is arranged to marry the princess from a rival kingdom. What happens when he falls for the wrong royal? - ~completed june 2021~ cw's: - depres...
Runaway By Alicia

Fanfiction

18.3K 938 20
After Phil suffers a tragic death, he thought that was the end of his life. That he would be off to heaven, or even hell for that matter. but instead...
236K 10.6K 24
SEQUEL to A Kingdom of Untold Truths! Make sure to read that first :) George and Clay are happy together ruling Emberfall, but what happens when Nih...
16.8K 639 43
A story highly inspired by the events of the Dream SMP. Tommy and Wilbur lead a rebellion against Dream, but things go horribly wrong. The relation...