"A MATCH MADE IN SHADOW" {Ka...

By Bread_dealer

*! ART ON THE COVER IS NOT MINE! * Before there was a little girl, a little girl that got abandoned long ago... More

πŸ–€Prologe πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 1 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 2 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 3 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 4 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 5 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 7 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 8 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 9 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 10 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 11 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 12 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 13πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 14 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 15πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 16 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 17 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 18 πŸ–€
πŸ’™ THE LEFT PATH (PART 1)πŸ’™
πŸ’™ THE LEFT PATH (Part 2) πŸ’™
πŸ’™ THE LEFT PATH ( FINAL PART) πŸ’™
πŸ’™ Epilogue πŸ’™
❣️ THE RIGHT PATH (PART 1)❣️
❣️ THE RIGHT PATH (Part 2) ❣️
❣️THE RIGHT PATH (FINAL PART)❣️
❣️ Epilogue ❣️

πŸ–€ Chapter 6 πŸ–€

1.1K 56 9
By Bread_dealer

(Y/N's) eyes shot open as she stood up on her bed, sweat covering her forehead. Her heart beating in her head, making her groan under her breath. Her breathing was rapid and uneven as she frantically looked around, only to be met with the walls of her room.

Her eyes scanned around as she closed her eyes, trying to retain her normal and calm heartbeat.
It did calm the young woman that now she can finnaly have a peace of mind in the silence of the darkness that was her room.
(Y/N's) room at the moment was covered in shadows as the only thing that shined through was the bright light of the moon. That same light was so comforting to her, so she closed her eyes as she listened to that same peaceful silence.

A few tiny high pitched grunts were heard through the room. She looked down only to be met with (L/N's) sleeping form. She smiled as it seemed, it too was having a not so pleasant dream.
She breathed out softly as she brought down her hand, gently stroking the baby lizard's head. It softly leaned into her touch in its sleep as it calmed down, slowly falling into a peaceful rest yet again.

Her eyes gazed at its sleeping form next to her on her bed. (Y/N) sighed as she quietly wisperd to it:

".. why won't it leave me alone, (L/N)..?"

She, of course, did not got an awnser. Not that she could get an awnser from a baby.

She then quietly got up from her bed and started walking towards her window. Looking out she was able to see the bright light of the now full moon in the center of the sky. Stars were sparkling, calming her down as the light reflected onto her eyes.
It was still too early to even call it a morning as it was just as dark as when she fell asleep.

(Y/N) sighed as she went to her dresser, beginning to put on her clothes. There was not a chance she would be falling asleep again, especially after that terrible dream.
The best she could do was to just go sit outside and get some fresh air. To just think a little...

As she finnaly got dressed she quietly went up to her door and cracked it opened, trying not to make much noise. She turned to look at (L/N's) sleeping form for one last time before she closed the door, carefully.

She started walking down the corridor with gentle footsteps, trying to stay quiet and not wake anyone up. She kept passing different rooms but stopped at the image of one room in particular,a very familiar room.

She stopped in her tracks as she looked at it for a few second.

It was Kayn's room.

A quiet sigh escaped her lips as she thought about talking to him. But that thought was quickly turned down as she, firstly, didn't want to wake him up and bother him and, secondly, because the only thing that would happen is that he would just start seeing her as "weak" for being so scared of just a plain dream.

She didn't want that...

(Y/N) didn't want to be seen as weak or childish or any of those things. She wanted to seen as a fighter, just like him, and just like everybody.
She didn't want to be treated as the "little sister", she didn't want to be less then them.
(Y/N) wanted to prove to Kayn that she wasn't weak, that she would defeat him one day, that she had potential. To prove she wasn't a lost cause...

So with that she turned away from the door as began to walk away from the door again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As (Y/N) stood there, sitting on one of the steps of the entrance, she gazed at the night's sky, shining above her she kept thinking about that nightmare.

..." he is dead"...

That was what she kept repeating under her breath as the only thing she could ask was :

"who is "he"? " - she wisperd to herself as she narrowed her eyes at the sky.

She didn't understood... What did it meant? Who is dead? What does this creature from her dream is trying to tell her? Are those dreams all connected?

A loud sigh escaped her as she looked down at the ground, as the same question kept running through her head:

*Why won't it leave me alone? *

She closed her eyes in defeat as she was now trying to calm down herself and stop her mind from asking her all of these questions. It was exhausting her...

"What are you doing here?"

(Y/N) quickly shot her head up and turned around to be met with a face she was not expecting.

"Kayn? But why are you awake?"

"I think i asked something first."

(Y/N) looked down a little with an "oh" and nervously said:

" I-I... I just couldn't sleep.."

Kayn's previous strict gaze now soften a little as he let out a sigh as he walked toward her and sat next to her on the steps.

"The nightmare again?"

(Y/N) kept her gaze on the ground as she quetly nodded.

"*sigh* You know... I couldn't really sleep eather."

(Y/N's) head picked up and looked at him, surprised. She was confused. Why would he have trouble sleeping?
He was always so calm and strong...

"But...how?"

"*chuckle* Why are you acting so surprised? Can a man not stay up for a while?"

"O-of course you can. Just... It's... It's a little surprising you know... You are always the very strong and calm one..."

Kayn looked at her for a second before he spoke again.

" Don't get me wrong, most of it is just overthinking or future plans. Although, yes, most of the time I don't think about those things. "

" Ah, yes, of course. "

" How...did you know I was here?"

"I saw your shadow at my window."

"Ah, I see."

A moment of silence filled the air. Then Kayn spoke up again:

"So, are you planning on finnaly telling me about that nightmare of yours?"

(Y/N) didn't respond at first, hesitating. She wanted to tell him but... she was afraid of what he was going to think of it.
But after a little bit of thought she sighed.

" *sigh* I suppose I will... "

Kayn now turned to face her as she still avoided his gaze, a little nervous.

"I... I kept dreaming about that voice... I was never able to see who it belonged to... or to see anything.
It always scared me for some reason... almost was like my mind was reacting on its own. And...it kept hunting me for some time... but this time... It was different... "

Kayn was now actually pretty curious the more he listened.

" This time... I could see everything... I was in this forest. I didn't knew where I was and I started walking around... and soon enough I saw these two paths...
To put it short one was a very calm one and the other was just filled with dead trees and it just... it just looked... dead... "

(Y/N) looked around yet again before continuing :

" I was about to go in the calm one but then I saw (L/N) - "

" The lizard? "

" Yes, the lizard. "

"... It ran in the wrong one and I chased after it... Later on, when I was looking for him, I... I found the order.."

(Y/N) gripped her clothes as she recalled that awful memory and the image of (L/N) and all the people there.

" When I got I-in... Everything was dead... (L/N), Nakuri, everyone...
Their corpses looked awful....they were ripped apart and mutilated... I.... I didn't knew what to do.."

Kayn raised an eyebrow at her distressed state. He never saw (Y/N) like this.

" Then that damn voice came back...That god damn voice... "

Her eyes slowly began to water as she thought of how much this nightmare truely bothered her. It never left her alone,and she was greatly effected by it...

"It said that... He is dead..."

"Who is dead?"

"I.... I don't know..."

Silence fell between the two yet again. But this time... for longer.

Kayn was a little shocked seeing his friend like this. (Y/N) was always mostly in an always stable state around him. It's true that most of the time she was trying to act tough but... He had never really seen her so... afraid of something.

As the silence grew, quiet sobs were heard coming from his friend.

"... y-you think I'm pathetic, don't you?..."

Kayn got taken aback a little as she said that, a little confused as well.

"What?"

"*sob* Y-you probably think of how w-weak I must be... for crying l-like this... "

"And why would I?"

(Y/N) finnaly rose her head up to look at him, confused.

"B-but i-"

"(Y/N), listen..."

She then stopped, as she was confused and scared. Why hasn't he left yet? Why is he acting so... understanding all the sudden?

"(Y/N), I know you ever since I got in the order, it's enough for me to know you are not."

"But...You know most from the order and you constantly call them weak."

"Hmmm. Then consider yourself special then.*chuckle*, I mean I don't know anyone else here that would disobey Master Zed so confidently. You are stronger then most."

(Y/N) smiled at those words, heat creeping onto her cheeks.

"and stupid"

Then her smile fell immediately as she glared at him.

"it's both really."

Kayn laughed a little as (Y/N) smiled after a while . Maybe he was right but, hey, she can live with that fact.

After a few more small conversations like this went by as (Y/N) looked at him with a soft gaze.

"Kayn?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you."

Kayn looked away, a little pink showing on his cheeks.

"I-um, You are welcome, I guess? "

After a few minutes Kayn got a little tired and decided that he would go back.

"Are you coming?"

"No. I want to stay out for a little longer." - she smiled as she looked at the sky yet again.

Kayn just shrugged as he turned around and walked away.

As he was now out of sight, (Y/N) turned around and wisperd.

"Thank you.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 113K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
4.1M 170K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
32.3K 847 29
Y/N knew Gaara ever since they were kids. I'll explain more about their backstory in the first chapter. Y/N is part of the Anko clan, a clan with a k...