Zombie (WIP)

Galing kay FlumpTheKitten

I'm not normal. I know that...I'm not human. But I'm not dead either.I'm a monster. That's just what I am. I'... Higit pa

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
A long awaited A/N

Chapter Two

1.4K 82 9
Galing kay FlumpTheKitten

The Dead Body

After I woke up, many doctors wondered why I still seemed human. You see, although I looked alive inside I was a zombie. All of my bodies functions were dead. My stomach no longer needed food to digest. My lungs no longer needed air. My heart no longer needed to beat.

I was no longer human. I guess all of the paperwork and test results were the things that actually made me realize the truth.

So what did I do? Of course, I tried to look on the bright side. I mean the fact that I'm not eating people is a good thing.

But as I grew used to my dead body, I found out so many things. The worst fact that I had discovered was when I had first come home and I was having dinner with my Mom.

҂

"It's so nice to have you back Zoey," Mom grinned. "I missed having someone to cook for." Her laugh was music to my ears. It had been something that I haven't heard in so long that I was starting to forget what it sounded like.

I smile slightly. I wasn't really the type of person to smile that much in the first place. But now that I'm dead, I thought why not try to smile more. At least more around my mother.

My mom stood in front of her beloved stove where she cooked me and her a celebratory dinner. This would be the first time I would have a real meal since waking up as a Zombie.

I hadn't eaten in weeks, yet I wasn't even the slightest bit hungry. And the smell of my Mother's cooking, which should have my mouth watering by now, made me feel nauseous.

I take in a deep breath and let out a long sigh as I try to draw my attention away from the smell. I instead turn my attention toward the small kitchen TV.

On the screen, the local news reporters sat around casually as they spoke of the one subject that made my outgoing Mother a quiet sheep that was afraid to say the wrong thing.

"...I just heard that Zoey Ross has just been released from the hospital today." The male news reporter informed, looking to his female co-worker.

"Really? But don't you think that is, you know, dangerous?" 

"What do you mean Lilian?"

"Well, think about it, Harry. This is a Zombie, and we all know how the usual Zombies are. It's just with the rise of the Zombie population and the fear of the Zombie apocalypse growing, wouldn't you think that it would be best that this Zombie should be put down like the rest?"

"Well, the doctors did say that she was safe."

"So? That still doesn't beat the fact that my children will have to go to school with a dangerous, flesh-eating Zombie."

"Actually Lilian, the doctors have proven that Zoey doesn't have to eat anything. It says right here that she spent a full two weeks in the hospital without eating. Plus, she-"

"Oh cut the crap, Henry! Why are you even taking up for this thing? It's a monster. A danger to you, me, and everyone else!"

"Lilian, you have to understand... This so-called, 'thing' is still human. This Zombie is a living girl. She is a survivor of this horrible Zombie apocalypse. In fact, we should all admire how strong she is able to hold onto her humanity."

"And you should understand that this 'human being' doesn't have a heart. That girl is not even human. She may look the part, but that is what makes her even more dangerous. In fact, we shouldn't even be calling it a 'she'. It shouldn't even have a name."

So many people in the audience cheered.

"Then what do you suggest we call her then? The government and the doctors have allowed her to live her life. She can't just go around without a name."

"That's true." Lillian then swirled in her chair for a moment, deep in thought. Then when she finally got an idea, she clapped her hands together and turned to Harry.

" 'Z', that should be her new name."

" 'Z'?"

"Yeah, you know, Zombie and Zoey. They both start with-"

The screen went black and I look over at my mother. She smiled happily, but she shook with anger. She turned to me, "Let's just eat okay?"

I nod as she sets a plate of food in front of me and another one for her. I look down at the food. It was my favorite: a cheeseburger with homemade fries. I still remember the taste of the food at just a glance... my stomach turned.

"Zoey?" I look up at Mom, the worry was set in her eyes. "Are you alright? You don't look too good."

I didn't want to worry her anymore. I knew she had been through way too much.  "Yeah, Mom, I was just in deep thought." I lied.

My Mom glanced over at the TV before sighing. She turned and smiled at me. "Don't worry about it, Zoey. Just eat. I'm sure you're practically starving by now."

I nod and picked up the burger. My Mom waited for me to take a bite. She always loved to see my face during the first bite.

I looked at the hamburger. I wanted to eat it. But at the same time, I wanted to throw it away. I looked up at my Mom's anxious expression and forced myself to take a bite.

The delicious taste of my Mom's cooking was gone. Now all I tasted was disgust. I forced myself to swallow. I smiled at my mother. "It's good." I lie to her. She smiled, believing my lie.

I take another bite. My stomach made a disagreeing noise. I take another bite. Disgusting. I take another bite. Foul. Another. Repulsive. Another. Nauseating.

I cover my mouth as I tried desperately to hold back my food. My mother paused and looked at me.

"Zoey? Are you sure you are alright? You look like you're about to-"

Before she could finish, I was up and running toward the bathroom. When I got there, I didn't try to hold back. All of my Mother's food had gone to waste and I had discovered the worst secret about having a body that was already dead.

My Mom ran into the bathroom. "Zoey, are you okay?" She asked. I flush the toilet and wipe my bottom lip.

"I'm sorry Mom," I said, weakly. "But I don't believe that I can finish dinner tonight."

A Zombie doesn't eat human food....and now I know why.

҂Z๏๓๒เє҂

Thanks for reading! Be sure to leave a comment telling me your thoughts! - Flumpy

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

7.8K 638 25
It's been seven months since the undead apocalypse began. Reid Abrams and his friends are trying to get by as best they can, surviving one day at a t...
121K 2.1K 30
Zoey is kidnapped over and over again, her family is killed. Read to find out more. Highest rank #32 9/13/17
25 0 23
he Markson family is dealing with a personal apocalypse when the world plunges into its own zombie infested one. Zoe is set to graduate high school...
222 103 16
Bella, she has a hard past, with her religious family, abusive father and so much more. So she runs away and lives on her own. One day she witnesses...