•𝐄𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞•...

Od Midnightales_

[FEATURED BOOK] ❝Destiny is not something to play with darling, you need to stay away from me.❞ His hot brea... Více

Copyright - 저작권
Prologue - 프롤로그
1- 일 장
2 - 이 장
3 - 삼 장
4 - 사 장
5 - 오 장
6 - 육 장
7 - 칠 장
8 - 팔 장
9 - 구 장
10 - 십 장
11 - 십일 장
12 - 십이 장
13 - 십삼 장
14 - 십사 장
15 - 십오 장
16 - 십육 장
17 - 십찰 장
18 - 십팔 장
19 - 십구 장
20 - 이십 장
21- 이십일 장
22 - 이십이 장
24 - 이십사 장
25 - 이십오 장
26 - 이십육 장
27 - 이십찰 장
28 - 이십팔 장
29 - 이십구 장
30 - 삼십 장
31 - 삼십일 장
32 - 삼십이 장
33 - 삼십삼 장
34 - 삼십사 장
35 - 삼십오 장
36 - 삼십육 장
37 - 삼십찰 장
38 - 삼십팔 장
39 - 삼십구 장
40 - 사십 장
41 -사십일 장
42 - 사십이 장
43 - 사십삼 장
44 - 사십사 장
45 - 사십오 장
46 - 사십육 장
47 - 사십찰 장
48 - 사십팔 장
49 - 사십구 장
50 - 오십 장
51 - 오십일 장
52 - 오심이 장
53 - 오심삼 장
54 - 옵심사 장
55 - 오심오 장
56 - 오심육 장
57 - 오심찰 장
58 - 오심팔 장
59 - 오심구 장
60 - 육십 장
61 - 육일 장
62 - 육이 장
63 - 육삼 장
64 - 육사 장
65 - 육오 장
66 - 육육 장
67 - 육칠 장
68 - 육팔 장

23 - 이십삼 장

300 30 66
Od Midnightales_

(Twenty-third chapter)

"Here drink this down."

Sowon quietly obliged the person's words, grimacing when the taste of the bitter medicine travelled down to her food pipe. Recoiling away she thrust the cup into his hands, almost wanting to puke.

"What is that thing?" She asked in horror, unable to drink any more.

Namjoon chuckled, keeping the bottle away, "It's called medicine Sowon if you don't know."

"Shut up."

Namjoon did not answer back but there was a small smile on his face which made her wonder if he was feeling guilty for his mistakes.

He was taking care of her for the past few days and she was secretly impressed how he learnt the timing and dosage of all her medicines very quickly. Almost everywhere she would go, he would tag along to help her.

Sowon checked her foot, smiling when her wounds began to heal and hurt no longer. Even her hands were getting better which allowed her to do her own works.

"Can you pass me the ointment?" She asked without looking up.

Namjoon moved to grab her medicine and gave it to her, "Here. Do you want me to apply it?"

Sowon shook her head and took the ointment with a small whisper of thanks. It was true that she could walk around and easily get her own medicine but she wanted to lax off especially since Namjoon was being 'extra-friendly' towards her.

Despite his hospitality, Sowon had made it clear that she was still mad at him and he didn't argue back. She didn't give back the warmth he offered her because it was not easy to be around him with different thoughts inside her head.

She bet he would immediately take her to the hospital if she complains a little bit about her injuries. That was how much he was being vigilant to her and it somehow made her feel good, that at least he was trying to help her.

Maybe I should try a little as well.

"You know..." Sowon began talking as she applied the ointment to her foot. "Since the day that incident occurred, I feel like I kind of lost myself."

She glanced and chuckled at Namjoon who was shocked to see her talking about that day without blaming him or breaking down.

She continued, "Hoseok has been my best friend for the past years and he is one reason how I have survived my life this far. If he wasn't there for me, I don't know if I would even be here."

Wrapping up her foot with a bandage, she now applied the cream on her hands carefully.

"What um...happened?"

"I was bullied."

Silence. It was an odd feeling simmering inside Namjoon as he tried to imagine this independent and strong girl to be harassed by others.

"So he saved you?"

Sowon looked at him with a small smile, "He didn't only save me but encouraged me to take a step forward against my classmates. He is the foundation for the start of my life as a strong girl. Without him, I feel like I would crumble down like those days when I was picked on."

"W-Why are you telling me all these?" His voice was filled with confusion.

Sowon stood up, walking towards the mirror near the bathroom and looked at her messy self. Her eye looked droopy, her hair was messy and she looked like a living zombie.

Gently she traced the small scar on her cheek, knowing that it will last forever and sighed before applying the ointment on it as well.

"Because I want you to realise what stakes you have put on by confronting Hoseok that way-"

Their eyes met from the mirror as she whispered, "-because I can't afford to lose my only hope and strength Namjoon."

He was stunned.

To say that it was unexpected would be an understatement. Namjoon woke up today, thinking that the same routine of him trying to help Sowon who would ignore him in return and their exchange of glares would continue.

Never did he expect her to start sharing about her relation with Hoseok to him. He was confused if she was joking around but as she continued, he dawned upon the fact that Sowon was sharing her life.

Bullying?

He couldn't believe it no matter how hard he tried. Sowon was a girl who would never give up, totally opposite from a nerd. How was that possible? Maybe she was lying he thought.

But when their eyes met in the mirror, he could not find himself mad at her because she was finally showing her weak and fragile self to him which was a rare thing to happen.

"-Because I can't afford to lose my only hope and strength Namjoon."

Her words played in his mind like a song stuck on repeat, his heart twisting with weird emotions. What was he feeling? For a moment he was afraid she would cry and was willing to hug her.

But the next minute, his heart stiffened as he also realised that she valued Hoseok more than anyone else, that she can never give him that much trust and love as Sowon gives to Hoseok.

And that strangely hurt his feelings.

Glancing at the figure calming resting on the bed he whispered, "Despite everything I do, can't you give me the same trust Sowon?"

She was still fast asleep and he knew she could not hear him which made him sigh, both in sadness and relief. He wanted her to hear him but at the same time, he wished not.

Namjoon didn't know what was happening to him nor did he understood why he wanted to earn Sowon's trust that much. Is it because he is guilty or is something still unknown to him?

I need to figure these out before I go crazy.

Grabbing his jacket Namjoon stood up and left his room, deciding to go for a walk around the neighbourhood to refresh his head which was filled with several thoughts.

The past weeks he lived in this house always had some kind of unexpected conflict and honestly, he was never prepared for such drama in his life, especially for marriage. It felt like he suddenly appeared in a daily soap opera seen on the television.

"At this rate, I might become sick."

Namjoon muttered to himself as he kicked a pebble lying on the footpath.

Trying to be a good and respectable son against his wish for the sake of his parents, the case with Sowon and Hoseok, his mother's demand plus the pressure to be the perfect heir of Kim Industries.

His existence was like a puppet or rag doll, controlled by everyone despite the irony that he had quiet influencing powers, he was still helpless.

Namjoom groaned when a headache began forming on his head due to his thoughts racing unendingly. He did not know what to do next and even the world seemed to give up on him.

Why is everything so complicated?

No one could answer that question despite its existence for centuries and maybe Namjoon will never get it. After some thinking, he could figure only a few options.

"First I need to solve this case with Sowon so that I can tell her the truth on time. Then perhaps this marriage will be cancelled soon."

He talked to himself, trying to formulate how his plans should be executed. For a second, Namjoon was in a dilemma if he should let Sowon and Hoseok meet but he decided against it.

A tiny smile appeared on his face as he looked up at the starry night which reminded him of the past days when he would feel lonely and stare at the bright stars.

They always provided silent company to anyone.

He stopped walking, deciding to head back and rest for the night whilst his plans would be executed from tomorrow onwards.

Hopefully, his plans would solve all the misunderstandings, hopefully.

A/N: We all know what 'hopefully' means :) Do tell me your beautiful thoughts for this chapter!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

448K 15.8K 65
(COMPLETED) ©cherryeon7 2021 NEEDS A LOT OF EDITING! . . Y/N...a girl with her only supporting pillar Cherry enjoying the best day of her life until...
458K 26.5K 78
[WATTPAD PREVIEW FEATURED] 😳🙏✨💃 "She's mine, and I'll fight the whole world to keep her. The sins of the past may block our emotions, but I refus...
21K 1K 20
❝ 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞ 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴...
41.3K 1.5K 17
"W-What are you doing, Y/N?" Jungkook stammered, an uneasy frown on his face. His gaze drifted to her plump lips, which seemed to utter beautiful but...