The Royal Arrangement

By anamika200

Jai Singh Rathore is the prince of Ajmer. Even though the monarchy is no longer at play in India, Royalties d... More

Brief Background
Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2: Who is she?
Chapter 3: Again So Soon!?
Chapter 4: Clumsiness and Cuteness Together is a Killer
Chapter 5: No More Embarrassment Please
Chapter 6: Start of Something New
Chapter 7: Talk about exiting in all Swag
Chapter 8: She swagged off
Note
Chapter 9: He is such a big...
Chapter 10: Forgive Me
Chapter 11: In for a Surprise
Chapter 12: What are you?
Chapter 13: Best Sleep Ever
Chapter 14: Keep Your Hands Off
Chapter 15: I am not jealous
Chapter 16: The Dress
Chapter 17: One Step Closer
Chapter 18: Fiancee?!
Chapter 19: You are the one for me
Chapter 20: All over the place
#IMPORTANT#
Chapter 21: Remember this Universal Formula
Chapter 22: Permission!
Chapter 23: Inappropriate Suitors
Note
Chapter 25: Another Party, Another Suitor
Chapter 26: This is it
Chapter 27: New Day, New Beginnings
Chapter 28: Eating and Teasing
Chapter 29: Tricks and Treats
Chapter 30: First Date with Miss Sarcastic
Chapter 31: The Day of the Engagement
Chapter 32: The Surprise
Chapter 33: Midnight Conversations
Chapter 34: My Lioness!
Chapter 35: Surprise Meeting
Chapter 36: Knocked Off
Chapter 37: Oh Boy!
Chapter 38: The Marriage
Chapter 39: Post Wedding Rituals
Chapter 40: Sassy Mornings
Chapter 41: First Fight
Chapter 42: Marital Bliss
Chapter 43: First move
Chapter 44: I Like You Too
Chapter 45: Celebrations
Chapter 46: I Love You
Chapter 47: Revelations, Hurt and Confessions
Chapter 48: Rendezvous
Chapter 49: Love & Jealousy
Chapter 50: This is it
Epilogue
#Maira's Pregnancy Bonus#
New Story Announcement
COMPLETED

Chapter 24: Back Home

6.1K 272 20
By anamika200

Maira's POV:

I am all set to leave tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about this move. I mean a part of me is happy about this promotion but another part is afraid if I am ready to go back to my city, as strange as it might sound. Vijay Sir is back to work now. His stay was extended as he wanted to get the new branch all ready to be started. My family knows I am moving back tomorrow and so they haven't bothered me by calling again and again.

There's a party at the office today celebrating my promotion. But in all honesty I feel these peeps are just happy to get rid of me. Anyways I need to make an appearance whether I like it or not. I hail a cab to reach office. I am in my usual formal office clothes which consists of a dark blue trousers, white shirt, and a dark blue blazer paired with black belles. Since, the weather is slightly windy the blazer doesn't make me feel hot.

I reach my office and after receiving tons of congratulations and a few gifts, I decide to make an early exit as I am in no mood to party.

I just have a small travel bag with me as the rest of my stuff will be reaching by tomorrow via movers and packers. I sleep thinking how this is my last day in this flat and how much I'll miss it, although I can come here whenever I want. This is dad's flat that he bought when I had decided to work here, despite my refusal as I didn't mind staying in a hostel. Thankfully, I stopped him from getting me a car and chauffeur to take me to places. I wanted to be independent and learn to live life on my own. I can easily get a car I know but I wanted to travel by cabs and metros. And also because I don't want my father to get things for me. I can buy a car but I didn't because I don't mind traveling by cabs, infact they are better as they often gave me an excuse to get out of late night outs on the pretext that I wouldn't wanna take cab so late at night.

******************************
I wake up in the morning and take a look around the house before I leave for the airport. In no time I reach home and not wanting to deal with anyone I make my way straight to my room and changing my travel clothes lie down on the bed to sleep.

I am woken up by one direction's "One way or another" getting blasted near my ears. Groaning I open my eyes, only to see my devil of the sisters. I turn around and hide my face inside my blanket trying to go back to sleep.

"Aish, Anaya, let her sleep. She must be tired and she even has to join work from tomorrow."

God bless jiju.

"Oh jiju please don't be a buzz killer."

"Anaya, you better listen to the buzz killer or this sleep killer will not leave you alive. Why is it so hard to be left alone!!" I say frustated-ly.

"Anaya, mah mah mah..." After the poorest mimicry one can do I feel a swoosh of air hitting me and it doesn't take long for me to realise, my blanket has been snatched from over me.

"You are dead. You better try and save yourself right now." Saying this I start chasing Anaya all around the house and let me tell you not in a happy way.

"Maira, stop it right this moment." Hearing my dad's voice I stop chasing her but not before giving her a deadly glare to which she just shows her tongue.

"Dad, tell her to stop. She started it. I was sleeping in my room comfortably when she couldn't digest my happiness."

"Ahhh... sometimes I forget who is elder amidst you guys."

"That would be Aish dii." Saying this I high-fived Anaya and we started laughing thinking the joke is funny while dad just kept looking at us as if we have gone crazy. I know you all must be thinking a minute ago we were fighting now we have ganged up against dad, well if you have siblings you know how things work.

"Come to the table everyone, lunch is ready."

We all sat at the table to eat. I have a bad feeling about this. The last time I sat here I got to know that my parents are looking for a guy.

I was lost in my own whirlwind of thoughts about how I have rejected and have been rejected. I came out of my state when I was literally shook by someone.

"Ohhh God, I feel my insides all shaking up... Stop!" I glared at my younger sibling.

"Welcome back from the state of unknown." She gave me a sugar coated smile, wanting me to just smack her face.

"What?" I ask irritatedly.

"Well, as you know you have gotten a promotion..."

"Ohh I did, I thought I didn't know I got a promotion." I cut my father in between.

"Maira behave."

"Sorry mom. Dad, please continue."

"So, we are having a party to celebrate your promotion."

"Well, is it for my promotion or for people to come look at me, spread a word about me, so that more proposals come my way?" I ask rhetorically.

Now if you know how arranged marriages work or if you're from an indian household or have watched indian matchmaking then you know how finding a proposal works. The biodata of the prospective groom or bride is kinda literally circulated amidst all the relatives and people you don't even know. In any social function you introduced the kid to ten random people and tell how you're trying to find the right person for them and let you know if there's some good proposals they know of and everyone turns into goddamn cupids no matter whether they know you or not.

I mean this is literally what happens when you agree for arranged marriage and you cannot even think how fast these things get circulated, and not only in your city or locality but even abroad. I mean what is it, a Netflix series that has to be released worldwide. But then this is how things work and you cannot do anything in this.

"Can you guys just not embarrass me in the evening? I don't wanna be some statue getting sold. If it's for my promotion even for one percent, please let my marriage talks be for the day and not make it a part of your conversation."

Saying this I finish my lunch before running off to my room not wanting any more revelations coming my way.

I lie awake in my bed thinking how things take a turn for girls once they enter their mid-twenties, provided they have been given certain liberties of studying and working, for which I am glad.

Are you an Indian girl belonging from a "open minded modern family"? Are you in her mid-twenties and not married? Are your parents always looking out for prospective grooms in parties? Well, this is the perfect advice if you don't wanna marry yet, run away and safe yourself from the torture of exhibiting yourself in parties, or even better find someone yourself and get married to them. Voila!! Problem solved.

If you are not from an open minded modern family, you wouldn't even reach mid-twenties without getting married and it'll be great if you even have a say in who you get married to.

I feel like soon I will start making this telemarketing ads to save girls. I wonder if this will be a success or will the patriarchal society of ours put me on the hitlist for releasing such ads.

I am drowned in my weird thoughts when I am informed that my father dearest wants to see me in his office. I have a feeling I might know what this is about and it's time we have this impending talk. I know my father must have been looking for the right time but having enough he wants to get done with this.

Groaning I get out from my bed before proceeding towards dad's study. I knock on the door and enter on hearing a muffled "come in" due to the large wooden door.

"You called me dad?"

"Yes."

"Take a seat, Maira."

I take a seat on the chair across him and look at him waiting for him to continue.

"Is there anything you would want to tell me?"

"I dont think I need to tell you about anything since it seems like you already know it."

"I would have preferred getting to know it from you though."

"Would it have made any difference? Dad, I was shook by everything that happened as it was all so quick that I didn't get time to process it let alone inform you and I knew Rishi would tell it to you anyways."

"But Maira why couldn't you tell that to me? If not on that day maybe some other day. Anyways i have taken care of thaf guy and I know you already know this."

"Yeah... I got to know about it."

"I am assuming there was something else that happened at that party?"

"And I am assuming you already know that too and that is the reason I have been called upon here." I answer back with a small smile on my face.

"Well, seems like you knew afterall why you are here." He gave me a mirthful smile before returning to his serious face.

"What do you think about that Jai guy?"

"I honestly don't think you have to be worried about it. He doesn't wanna marry me and so what I think about him is useless."

"Well, I dont think thats the case since the guy came to me to ask for my permission to marry you."

"Well, I gave him two days to think about it and I think I got his answer after that loud and clear." I say in the same light tone as dad but with an underlying sarcasm.

"Still, I would wanna know whta do you think about Jai? Do you see yourself with a person like Jai in future?"

"Honestly, dad I dont know because most of our talks were pretty professional."

"Okay...what about few other times?" seems like we are going into the intricacies. I ponder it a bit before answering dad. I remembered how he is goofy around his family, worried about his grandfather, humble with everyone and his apology to me and how he gave me the palace tour and everything he did to help me.

"So, I like how he puts his family first and how respectful he is, much better than the last guy I met." my dad shoots me an apologetic look,  "He doesn't have a stuck up attitude, treats his staff well, goes out of his way to help others, but I still dont know what kind of a husband he would have been. I mean being a good person, son, and brother doesn't mean he will be a good husband if you know what I mean."

"Fair enough." He gives me a meaning nod.

"Would you have given a chance had he wanted to marry you?"

"Well...." Would I have? I mean he is so much better than other guys I have met so far and in the world of douches he is ome of the decent human beings that I have come across.

"Well?"

"Well.... I might have, but seeing how that isn't the case can we jusy get over it?"

"Okay okay. I just wanted to know what kind of person you wanted to have in your life. That's it."

I gave my father a weird look because at this point I am confused as heck...with his behaviour as well as my responses?

"Okay...then I will take you a leave?"

"Yeah and I want to see you in the party, so you better be there on time."

"Yes, father. Anything else this worthlessness human can help you with?" I ask in a dramatic voice making him smile.

"Yes, this worthless human, if accepts the guy I show him next, will be enough for me." Shocked! Is what I am right now.

"Seriously! I thought we were not gonna have this groom search today at the party."

"It's not a groom search. It's just a guy I think is gonna be perfect for you. He doesn't have past relationships which he wants to continue, he isn't a jerk, he isn't after your father's money, he is chivalrous and everything one can ask for."

"You seem to know him pretty well. Do I know him?"

"I guess so but I can't say for sure. But I want you to give him a chance before taking your decision and for my sake please do this. I have a good feeling about this alliance."

"Okayyyy...if you say so."

I get up, deciding to leave the study before some other bomb is dropped on me. Closing the door I turn to call my dad out and tell him how I have been right all along about this party.

"By the way father, I knew this party was not for my success but for you to set me up with this guy."

I don't know if I am sad or pissed at this moment I mean I get it why he is doing what he is doing but I am a human being with feelings. I don't know how to even explain what all is going on in my mind.

Here's to hoping that everything goes well tonight!

__________________________________________

Hey guys!!
I hope you and your loved ones are all doing well.

Here's an early update for you all. Hope you'll enjoy it and momentarily forget about all the negativity going around us.

Leave your comments and feedback and vote to show your love and support:)

Love you all!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 22.2K 46
*Destiny part 2* ---♡---- • RANVIJAY SINGH RATHORE Power!!The only thing he always wanted.He is the elder son of Rathore's and the soon to be king of...
3.6M 152K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
63.2K 2.7K 37
|| Heritage Series - Book 1|| Mr Aditya Singh Rathore , A Crowned Prince and a Successful Businessman of Udaipur , Workaholic, Grumpy , possessive...
112K 11.9K 72
Destiny is cruel sometimes. It snatches away a lot from you. Sometimes it snatches the dreams in your eyes and passion in your heart. Dream of living...