The Lonely Prince(BWMN)Book 3...

By mary4561

Prince William of Denmark alway wanted to have someone to come home to at night. He has his eyes on one of hi... More

Author's Notes.
Lonely
The Invitation
The First Date
Pain and Loss(chapter 4)
Grief
Do You Love Me?
Unbearable Pain
Realisation(chpt8)
Brothers
Fathers
The Fight Part 2
Lessons(chapter13)
Prejudice
Our Child
The Duke
Surprises
Contentment Sorta
Changes
Happy At Last
Realisations
Confesssions
Confession II
Love
The Ex
A Heavy Heart
Traitor?
Pieces
Italy
Epilogue

The Fight Part 1

15 0 0
By mary4561

Some weeks ago

"You have to let me in Eva and you have to know that even thought you don't crave the spotlight. When you're questioning things it doesn't reflect nicely on you. Have opinions by all means voice them even but know when to pick your battles like at our engagement lunch. The people you're demanding to tell you why you should do as they ask. Can take away this palace, our HRH and our children's HRH. I know you know what great people my uncle and cousin are. Despite that you didn't let that stop you from making it uncomfortable for me at the table".

Eva and I was discussing her not apologising to my family for her behaviour at our engagement lunch.

"You want me to apologise to them?"

"Yes Eva I do it's expected because you turned a nice family get together into something unpleasant for everyone".

She starts to cry and I embrace her, "I didn't mean to make you cry but it had to be said. What happens if you go on an engagement and someone says something you don't want to hear or agree with. We need openness in this relationship if we're to go the distance. You're lucky you're best friends with the future queen.  I know of monarchies where people in our position only see the king and queen at formal public occasions maybe once or twice a year.

There's no dinner invitation for them and they're not a blip on their king or queens radar because they're not deem important enough. Look at the Swedish royals they get on very well but it's the Crown Princess family and the king that matters. Yet all their children get on because they understand their place. We don't even get a prince couple title when we marry. Johan when he's an adult and have a family get that title with the word crown attached to it.Then when Debora is queen Isabelle and her family becomes the princess couple family of Denmark. It's Debbie's unborn son that will get the prince couple title with his family".

"I'm sorry I keep messing up. We are extremely lucky aren't we?"

"We're, oh before I forget we get to have a website of our own too once we're married".

"Wow really! What will it be called?"

I wipe away her tears with my hands, "I don't know yet it will go live after the wedding has taken place. There's discussions that need to take place before then with the king and CP. Our site doesn't have a name yet maybe we can tie it all together like the English do with their @royal handle on SM".

"Maybe we can what's for dinner?"

"Chicken fajitas with a side salad".

"Sounds yummy do I have time for a quick shower?"

"Yes".

She gives me a quick peck on the lips and walk towards our bedroom while underdressing. I hope she understands what I was trying to say. I don't walk to be in my dad's situation staying in an unhappy marriage for the sake of the kids. I hope now Eva and I can move on from all of this negativity and enjoy the run up to our wedding.

I was putting the warm tortillas on the dining table when Eva walked in the kitchen wearing a silk night shirt under a open robe. "Everything smells really good".

"Thank you", I pull out her chair for her when she's seated I take a seat opposite her.

End of flashback

*********************************

After fight 2

"Are you still mad at me because of before?"

My squash game with Giovanni help ease some of the tension I was feeling.

"I was but then I understand why you said those things plus daddy basically said the same thing to me.  I want to be a good role model for all those black girls well all the young girls who will look up to me. As a princess I get to have patronage's right?" I nod.

"I want to see if I can get more ethnic people doing things like Accounting. Your cousins and I and one other person were the only ethnic people in our class at university. I'm going to start my own charity helping women of colour get interested in maths in a big way".

"That sounds like a wonderful idea but you need to include all woman in there. Dad called me today he's getting married in three weeks and it's all hush hush".

"That's great news he can finally go on engagements with Maria".

"I know I think mom really did a number on him the fact he would trust another woman again is a miracle. I was trying to remember when I last heard him that happy talking about mom before the divorce. And you know I can't recall one single incident not one".

Eva get up and hug me from behind, "it won't be like that for us".

"I'm sure they said that too".

"Your mother loved the clout and tiaras more than your father. I love you and have my own money and a father who's a billionaire. I have enough clout without you as it is".

I run my hand up and down her arm, "Lets eat the food is getting cold".

Three weeks later Eva and I sat in the church watching my dad get remarried my uncle was his best man. I was truly happy for dad that dark cloud over him was lifting and I hope he has another child soon. After the wedding we took photos and all the royal family members except the great uncles and aunts was here. It was nice to see granddad there I don't see him as often as I use to. I walk up to him and give him a hug, "Hi granddad".

He walk back away a little from me, "William my boy come to see your father get his happy ever after?"

"Yes he finally has someone who loves him".

My granddad starts to cries, "Gramps are you okay?"

"Yes it just hurts me to think how unhappy he was in his last marriage but he got three kids out of it".  Sadness comes over him, "Promise me you won't stay in an unhappy marriage, promise me".

"I promise".

"Good good".

He squeezes my hand and walks over to where the photographer was setting up the next shot. I see Eva and Debbie talking and laughing. Eva apologied to everyone at the table that witness her outburst including my dad several weeks ago.

She also interviewed some people and found herself an assistant private secretary a black woman name Danita Lewis. She will be the first person of colour in such a prominent role. Later that night as we were getting ready for bed I embrace her then tilt her head up and kiss her passionately. We haven't made love in months and I needed to be close to her again. She cups my face and we fall on the bed desire overtaking us.

The next morning Eva and I was making breakfast in the kitchen. As she stirs the eggs I kiss her on the cheek.

"Our wedding is almost here I can't believe it in two months you're going to be Princess Eva Of Denmark and I get to see Victoria and my niece too in person".

"It's weird how you don't see her that often",

"We see her often just not in person she's going to be a queen and like Debbie her work load has increase. The same way we have royal traditions in this country. The royals of Sardinia have their own and don't forget she and Diego will actually rule the country.  They're not just figure heads they have real power.

"I can't imagine not seeing my siblings for such long periods of time".

I turn to Eva, "Unfortunately there will be times when you won't physically see them. Don't forget they can't just turn up at the gates to see you".

"Wow I never looked at it like that before wait I can't just go and see them when I want to?"

"You can see them you just need to give the palace notice before you do. I miss Victoria she's my only living sibling yet I know as much as I miss her. I can't go visit her at the drop of a hat".

"Is that because she could be on tour or something?"

"No it's because of her position she is higher up in the pecking order than me because of who her husband is. I can't just turn up and see her I'm glad dad got couple weeks with her".

"It must be so hard for him knowing just what he loss Emma was always so nice in fact she was perfect".

"No one is perfect Eva".

I know it's just that she was sweet, bubbly and would do anything to help without needing to be told".

"She played a part and played it well".

We dish up the food and take it to the table.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 7.1K 24
"until you have found someone to love you as you are, you shall remain forever a beast." ~*~ ...
177K 11.2K 31
COMPLETED βœ”οΈ BOOK 1 of the Royal Trilogy [UPDATED version of I'm Falling for a Royal Prince] FolashadΓ© was just a 21-year-old girl when she and her...
4.7K 380 25
"Um, excuse me, would you care to dance with me on the dance floor?" A low but not threatening voice had entered my head. I turned to my side to see...
47K 1.1K 18
Alice Christensen is diagnosed with leukemia. To secure a bone marrow donation, she makes a marriage pact with a young Prince AndrΓ© of Denmark but th...